Ban Bang Saen (2) Hotels

Our Members Say

Nuan's Corner Guest House: Backpacker's Jaunt

I didn't stay here, but I was curious about the place because every non-Thai in town seemed to be staying there. In four days I saw ten other overseas visitors and they were all staying at this hotel.

It costs 700 Baht for a room for the night and they also rent motorcycles and bicycles. The staff spoke English.

If you like meeting other travelers then this is probably the place for you. I didn't see the rooms but 700 baht is quite a lot cheaper than anything else in the area.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written March 23, 2005

Nuan's Corner Guest House, Bang Saen

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bangsaen Beach Resort: The Worst?

I had booked and paid for this hotel, but I chose not to stay there after I arrived. This is the only time in my life I have pre-booked accommodation, turned up and said "No thank you".

It basically looks like noone has tended to the gardens or tried to clean up in about 20 years. The whole complex looks old and tired.

There are some good points though. Each room is a self-contained bungalow with kitchen. You can cook for yourself and walk directly to the beach. You can come and go as you please without going through reception.

Rooms start at 800 baht (although the travel agent charged me 1900 baht - beware).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written March 16, 2005

Private Bungalow at Bangsaen Beach Resort

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Tide Resort: The Best Hotel in Town!

We had already found our hotel when we stumbled upon the Tide Resort. We wished we hadn't though!

It's so well designed and the facilities are superb. It has the look and feel of a five star hotel and standard rooms started at 2500 baht, which is pretty good for the standard. I told the reception staff and they invited me to have a good look around.

The second time I visited Bang Saen, I spent a week in this beautiful hotel.

Great pool and fitness center. This hotel compares very well to the top end accommodation in other Thai beach locations (without the price tag of course).

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written March 16, 2005

The Tide Resort, Ban Bang Saen

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

S.S. Bangsaen Beach Hotel: Good Moderate Hotel

I stayed here for three nights in January, 2005. I had originally booked in at a hotel just down the road but left when I saw the room - this was a nicer alternative.

It's located directly across from the beach and the promenade and conveniently located to restaurants. There is a 7-11 just down the road, but no shopping to speak of. Overall, a very relaxed atmosphere. Quite modern but none of the guests I encountered here were from overseas so it has a local feel.

One thing to remember is that there is no elevator in the hotel. I was up on the 4th floor and although it didn't bother me this could deter some people. There are no rooms at street level.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 24, 2005

S.S. Bangsaen Beach Hotel, Thailand

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Ban Bang Saen (2)