6 Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Booking.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Adelphi Suite Sukhumvit Bangkok Thailand

At the hub of Bangkok, on one of the city's longest and most historic thoroughfares, Sukhumvit Road, lies Adelphi Suites, a contemporary serviced apartment.

More about Adelphi Suites Bangkok

Clean Apt, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member SeeTheWorld08

Stayed in Adelphi Suites, Deluxe one bedroom suite, for 4 nights.

From airport to Adelphi Suites :
Took public taxi, 350baht. Taxi driver does not know the apt, tell them it's near Nana BTS, Soi 8. Hotel is on the right side of the road.

Check-In at Adelphi Suites :
Prompt & smooth, able to communicate with Receptionist in English well. Served with cold welcome drink & cold towel, which is very nicely-thought of.

Room Condition :
Was checked-in to a suite at level 5. Room is clean, kitchenette is very new. Instructions for use of washing machine is not clear, need to check online for more detailed instructions. Writing desk has an international power plug & a LAN point, which are very useful. There's 2 large screens plasma tv, one in bedroom, one in living room. There's 2 free bottles of water daily.

Aircon is a little noisy & there's a buzzing sound which kept us awake the entire night. Requested for change of room next morning. There was no available room at that time, but the Receptionist was very kind to update us a few minutes later that a guest had checked-out and we are able to change the room.

Second room does not have the buzzing sound.

Breakfast :
As mentioned in earlier reviews, breakfast remains unchanged during our stay - served with same food daily.

Security :
Lift requires a room key. Room key only allows you to your suite's floor. There's 2 security guards at the entrance/exit of the apt.

Around Adelphi Suites :
The apt is located along a small street, next to the busy main road. There's a few foot massage salons, some pubs and a 7-eleven store at the doorstep.

Travelling Around :
Approx 2-3mins walk to Nana BTS. It's 2 stops away from the main shopping district.

Adelphi Suites to Airport :
Concierge is able to arrange taxi at 400baht.

Love it But Definitely Need Improvement on Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member MelKualaLumpur

Stayed at the Adelphi Suites for 4 nights and it was great. Facilities are excellent, really nice room, location great. I especially love the food vendors right outside the hotel. Also, it is really close to the Nana BTS station, making traveling around Bangkok a breeze. Staffs and services were prompt. I would definitely return to Adelphi Suites but the only thing holding me back is the buffet breakfast (as mentioned many times by previous reviewers). Being there for 4 nights it got a bit boring. Very limited choices and the only choice I had was to order either scrambled, fried, omelet, or half boiled egg.. And that was a 4 nights stay... Can't imagine if I was living there on a longer term... So hopefully I will get to read a better review regarding an improved breakfast before my next trip to Bangkok in October ;-)

Perfect for us

by TripAdvisor Member asiacali

For a first time visitor to Bangkok, the hotel choices and locations are overwhelming. Luckily, we stumbled on Adelphi Suites and some positive tripadvisor postings. Stayed 3 nights recently and this was a wonderful property, rooms are exactly as shown on web site, the location couldn't be better (a short block from the Nana BTS station), great staff and generous breakfast included in rate (I hope the rates will stay reasonable), lovely small workout room, small but attractive roof pool, and in-room Internet connection was good; they offer a computer area to check mail, etc. if you don't have computer with you. We prefer the smaller hotel (with creature comforts) and ability to walk around local neighborhoods. This hotel was perfect for us and we will certainly return!

Excellent Value and location, disappointing breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Seoul_expat

My wife and I stayed at Adelphi Suites for two nights in February. We found the hotel to be an excellent value. When we arrived we were upgraded to an Executive Suite. Awesome room with all new Samsung appliances, flat screen tvs (2), front loading washer, kitchen appliances and kitcheware, and great rain-style shower and tub too. Outdoor pool was great for laps (but not great for kids to play as it is deep and narrow) Gym was good. Whole hotel has key card security system. Location is fantastic, a hop, skip and a jump from Nana skytrain. Foot massage places across the street were very good, too. Nana sex trade not really in evidence on this road or along the walk to the skytrain, so it would be fine for families. We have stayed in six Bangkok hotels in the $100 to $200 range and I think this was the best value in terms of facilities and location. Breakfast was weak, however. They have a nice breakfast room but the "buffet" is pretty simple with fruit, cereal, two kinds of bread, yogurt and a chef to make eggs, bacon and sausage. I think by European standards (or US) it was great but there are better buffets in hotels of this price range. However, the laundry and kitchen setup in the room would make this a fantastic choice for people staying for a long time. We would be very happy to stay at Adelphi Suites again.

We loved it and will be back!

by TripAdvisor Member teravelator

We were travelling with our 6 yo son and so space was vital. The 1 bedroom apartment gave plenty of space and also with two televisions - it meant our son could watch what he wanted when it was time to relax. The room facilities were top class and well thought out and it was very comfortable. The view of the sky train coming and going entertained our son for hours.
The staff were more than helpful and met us with a smile every day and were fabulous with our son. It really felt like home away from home.
The location was great and being so close to the skytrain meant that we were never too far from anything.
If I could make one rather small suggestion (in the scheme of things) - perhaps the breakfast could be improved a little.
Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so comfortable and for their attentiveness, their smiles and willingness to oblige. I thought their English was just fine :-)

Best wishes and regards
Angela, Steve and Nicholas
(Perth, Australia)

Loved this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BackDoc

Booked through Agoda. My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion and they gave us a free upgrade to the executive suite (from a jr. suite). The exec suite had a living room, jr. kitchen, and washer and dryer in the room! We loved the rain shower and the large bedroom. We were quite surprised at the overall size of this suite. We could have comfortably had 6-7 adults in the living room.

When we booked the place, I had hesitations. When I arrived, I was surprised at the modern yet earthy feel to this place. They have a great lap pool on the roof that seems to flow over the edge of the hotel. The exercise room also is quite large and overlooks the city. Free internet in the lobby, but they also had wifi in the rooms (as did our other hotels in Bangkok).

The location is perfect. Close to the skytrain and subway. 35 mins to the airport (~250 baht).

Front desk was friendly and helpful in pointing us in the right direction.

Watch out for the taxi drivers and tuk tuks! We went to the Royal Palace and had 6 people tell us it was closed and that we couldn't get in because of our dress. Finally, someone told us it was open for another hour. We hurried there and they had free clothing rental to cover up our shorts to go in. Everyone, including the hotel security guard, told us we couldn't get to the Royal Palace within an hour. It took 40 minutes, in traffic.

The breakfast was very simple, but we were in a hurry anyways. Lots of restaurants and street vendors in this area. Located on Sukhumvit, where most of the expats live.

Broken waterpipe???Really???

by TripAdvisor Member dm64

Booked with Adelphi directly about 1 month before arriving (Feb 08) and was looking forward to staying based on the great reviews here. On arrival we were told that they didnt have a room available due to a "broken waterpipe" in our room. It seemed like a standard line from the hotel staff - they were nice about it but we felt it there was something more going on here. After 45 mins of arguing we reluctantly agreed to take up their offer of an upgraded room in their other property - Legacy Suites.

Overall this was a disappointing experience, in our opinion (and based on things they said in our 45 mins of "negotiation") they appear to over book the hotel based on their "Special Internet Rate" and they then overflow those the extra bookings into Legacy Suites. Its unfortunate that we didnt get the chance to stay at the Adelpi

Carefull with con

by TripAdvisor Member Polu

I was very disappointed with Adelphi hotel. I got in to do check in and they said there was a broken water pipe on my room and I had to move to another hotel from the same chain. I had read about this as a common con. So I said I wasn't going any other hotel they had to find me a room, then a receptionist came from the back room to try to convince me to go to the other hotel. The discussion went to 45min and I was tired and cried and they kept saying the hotel was full and I had to move. I was very upset and almost giving up, as she was calling another hotel for us to stay, I notice a lady doing her check in. That show to me that they were lying to me. I was furious I walked to the receptionist and asked how come this lady had a room and I didn't, she said my room had issues, and I said I arrived before so if there was a free room you should have told me even if was more expensive...the receptionist notice that she lost the argument and said “Please sit down we will find you a room”. They then offered a double bed room and I explained I was on my honeymoon and she then found a king bed room a smoking room unfortunately but I was too tired to continue to discuss..Off course the room smelled badly but we bought some incenses to try to survive.

Besides that the location of the hotel is good since is near the Nana Station, the rooms a big and nice and breakfast is simple. Unfortunately because of the issues on the check in I didn’t felt secure on the hotel, they had already proved that they can’t be trusted.

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Seasinger

I am suprised to read about the bad experiences of the last two guests. My husband and I were at Adelphi from 12 to 14 March and our experience was very good. I made an internet booking and called the day before to confirm the booking with the hotel. On the day of check-in, we had no problems at all and were given the room that we requested (non-smoking, king sized bed). I agree with the other reviewers that breakfast was basic but with the amazing food that's available in Bangkok, a light breakfast was the kindest thing for our stomachs!

We stayed in the deluxe one-bedroom suite, and found it very spacious and clean. The kitchen was really useful for light meals in, and there was cable tv both in the bedroom and the living room. Our only complaint was that the aircon was rather noisy, but considering that we were out most of the day, it is not a big issue.

Location wise, the Adelphi can't be beat. Just next to Nana station, it enabled us to travel to most parts of Bangkok via the skytrain easily.

A word of advice about the taxi service from the airport: you should pay no more than 350 baht (including tolls). Just go to the public taxi queue located just outside the arrival hall and take a number. They are quite organised. However, if you're going to the airport from the hotel, the fare may even be lower than 300 using the meter as the hotel is located just before the entrance of highway.

I really hope that no one else suffers from the effects of the broken waterpipe!

Honeymoon accomodation recommendation

by annie2009

Hi,

We are coming to Thailand in March and plan to spend 2-3 days in Bangkok. Our budget is around 3000-4000 TBH. We are looking for luxurious accommodation close to rail station and markets but not too noisy. A few friends who have been there suggested below hotels to us:

Sofitel Silom Bangkok
Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel
Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok - tower wing

Can you pls advise how they are.. any other recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks very much for your help
Annie.

Re: Honeymoon accomodation recommendation

by bkk_kd

Here is one person's opinion on the hotels in your list:

Sofitel Silom: Decent hotel (an old hotel that has been renovated) that is not in the best location along Silom Road. There is a nearby skytrain station, but it's still a bit of a walk away. Nothing else of great interest nearby.

Adelphi Suites: A good location nearby a skytrain station. The hotel is new and appears fine, but I have my doubts whether it is a good deal for the price it asks.

Park Plaza: A well-located new hotel. Location is, however, on a busy street so expect a bit of noise.

Ambassador Hotel: A hotel with its best days long past. I would not even consider it unless price is an issue. Expect very little in the way of luxury.

For your price range and a good location, I'd consider the Courtyard Marriott, the Dusit Thani (a classic) and the S15.

Have a good visit.

Re: Honeymoon accomodation recommendation

by lucifer9700972

I recoment Dream Hotel.If you going want Honeymoon in thailand.
The Dream's location is close to the Skytrain which is convenient for getting around certain parts of Bangkok but this city is such a sprawl that other areas (like closer to the grand Palace) you need to take a cab and the traffic is always bad in Bangkok (unless it's a public holiday) and this takes up unnecessary time. The room was exactly like the photo on their website - clean, simple and quite modern - it was as expected, no disappointments. The lobby and staff there were very nice and the buffet breakfast was above average. The hotel guests seemed fairly multi-cultural and clean cut (no sleazy sex-tourists). It's not really a romantic place or luxurious but it's great for the younger crowd who might look for a mid-priced room without any cheesiness.

good luck!!