138 Sukhumvit Soi 23, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Admiral Premier Bangkok

Stay away from this ridiculously bad service!!

by jon_mak_mak about Little Italy - Sukhumvit Soi 23 - Bangkok

Stay away from this ridiculously bad service!!

My wife, 10 month old daughter and myself where staying at the Admiral Premier Hotel (great hotel) on Soi 23 and near the end of our holiday we decided to go out for an Italian and had seen the Little Italy restaurant at the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 23 so thought we would give it a try.

First thing I noticed was that all the prices on the menu out the front were worn and you couldn't make the prices out. I thought that was abit strange and would of liked to of known the prices before I went in but we went in anyway. We were shown to a table near the window at the front but never take these as I don't like to be the people that everyone is looking at when considering a restaurant and also because we had a pushchair we needed a table that was convenient for that so we picked our own table at the back and my wife asked a member of staff for a baby chair, the girl responded with "we don't have any but you can push 2 chairs together and the (10 month old) baby can sit in there!!" Astounded by the stupidity of the idea my wife said "err...No, thanks!" I also noticed the the white plates were really worn and scratched and in need on replacing and the table cloth was dirty and hadn't been changed.

So we got our menus and ordered a drink. The menu said SAM MIGUEL BEER so as we were tired of drinking Heineken, Singha and Leo we opted for that. When the drinks arrived they were SAM MIGUEL LIGHT! I tasted one and called the waitress and told her that we didn't order these. My wife explained to the waitress that we don't like 'Light Beer' and that we had ordered Sam Miguel. The waitress went and got another waitress who came over and said "you ordered Sam Miguel and you got sam Miguel, whats the problem?!" My wife had to explain for a second time that its light beer with no mention in the menu. Now you may think that its a small problem but it was the way in which it was all handled, rudely, inefficiently and the whole thing was made to look like our fault.

After I told her I'm not drinking them and want to change she changed them to Heineken and was basically rude. We then sat there waiting for about 10 minutes and the waitresses avoided us and didn't take our order for food. We couldn't believe how rude and immature these little girls were and it made us very angry.

We drunk our beer quickly and 'checked bin'. The bill was expensive for the beers including 17% tax and service charge! Yes, we had to pay for this service!!

To sum it up - Worn restaurant, VERY unprofessional and rude staff, very expensive. Avoid at all costs. Nothing, they wouldn't take our order!

Best hotel in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member Juan-BKK

This hotel is ideal for business travellers. It's close to the BTS, just minutes walk from good restaurants, and it's very quiet. The rooms are in much better shape than most other 4 or 5 star hotels.
The whole staff does an excellent job. This is the friendliest staff i have ever met in a hotel, for this alone i would rate it 5+ stars!
I will definately stay at the Admiral premier again the next time i'm in Bangkok.

- Juan

Worth every penny!

by TripAdvisor Member sunnyhanoi

I just came back from a trip to Bangkok with my wife and 2 sisters. We decided to book 2 Premier Studios at the Admiral Premier after reading all the great reviews about this property. And we were not disappointed at all with our decision. We have been to Bangkok so many times and stayed in different hotels, and this time, we really enjoyed our stay at the Admiral Premier. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped. The gym and swimming pool on top floor are great. Only the location is not so easy for taxi drivers to find but it was OK once you get familiar with the area. Moreover, the hotel offers free Tuk Tuk rides to Asok BTS Station which we liked so much.
The only negative thing about this hotel is about the attitude of the one of the ladies serving in the restaurant. We never received one smile from her even though being very polite and respected. I guess she just had a bad day, that's all.
We will definitely come back to this hotel for our next trip to Bangkok!

Nice place in bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member lazyeyepatch

Clean and spacious suites near the centre of bangkok.

Room: Very spacious and clean. Nice bathroom. Comfortable bed. No complaints here.

Location: Its about a 5-10minute walk to the main street and the skytrain. At night i felt safe through the streets. There are a couple of very nice restaurants on the way. Its about 4 skytrain stops away from the big shopping malls. Pretty far from Khao san road though which is the backpackers road.

Staff: Friendly and helpful.

Pool: Very nice pool on the 9th floor overlooking the skyline of bangkok. Very fun at night just to hang out and relax with all the buildings around.

Overall: Good value for the money for a spacious clean suite near the shopping malls of bangkok. Would stay there again.

Relaxed, clean, affordable and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member swift66

Stayed here on a 5 day trip to Bangkok. Taxi driver found the place really easily although he did phone ahead en route from the airport. (The hotel had emailed me the address in Thai).
On arrival we were given tea and a cold flannel to freshen up. We arrived at about 8am and were able to check in immediately. We chose a premier suite and it was great. Very big for the price. The only thing it lacked was a bit of a personal touch; no pictures, no magazines, empty shelves in the lounge area. Nothing bad though. Great swimming pool open until 10.30pm
Location was good. A quick walk to the Sukhumvit MRT (cut through Cowboy Soi) and Asok BST which take you to pretty much everywhere. Very easy to get to Chatuchak Market. Leave the hotel at about 8.30am to get there for 9am before all the crowds arrive.
If you fancy doing a Thai Cookery course, I'd recommend Silom Thai Cookery School - [-] (www.bangkokthaicooking.com).

Very good value

by TripAdvisor Member archwaykid

I liked staying here although the Hotel feels like it's very new and still getting going. I was though genuinely very impressed by the warmth, helpfulness and welcome of the staff throughout my stay for what seems like a new Hotel, so well done to the Hotel management on getting this right and hiring people who seemed to enjoy what they do. The room, while very nice and perfectly comfortable, felt slightly spartan - perhaps it needed magazines, flowers etc, to bring it to life a little. I would also say to save the albeit small difference in paying for a room with a balcony as the balcony can't really be used for anything much and has no furniture on it. There is still a building site next door but this was no problem at all. The pool a couple of times i did use and while small it was relaxing and got lots of sun for central Bangkok. Location was very good too being near both the Skytrain and Metro - big pluses in congested in Bangkok. There was also plenty of restaurants nearby for eating out in what seems to be a very safe and upmarket area of the city. Had room service which was also good and cheap too. All-in-all i'd say a very good base with very helpful staff and a nice little pool to relax by.

One of the best hotels I've stayed in.

by TripAdvisor Member NAIDU2

This hotel is excellent, and it is clear that they are striving to be among the best in the city.
The bad- hotel is 10 min walk from main road, slight smell of new renovations i.e. caulking, employees have trouble with english, the shower/tub draining system doesn't work well i.e. water on floor after showering. A/C can be a little loud at times. These are minor compared to the general good impression I had.
THE GOOD- Employees bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. on my first day of arrival, the concierge drove me via Tuk tuk to HIS favourite restaurant in the area, And picked me up when I was done. Hospitality is definitely 5-star. Extension of stay was no problems at all. Breakfast was FABOLOUS. FREE internet for hotel guests. EXCELLENT roof top patio and gym. Room service/Make-up Room was prompt. Rooms are very cozy and with all amenities as home.
Definitely would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok for the first time for a safe and comfortable stay.

You can't go wrong with this hotel - A sure bet

by TripAdvisor Member AviTiti

In one word: this hotel delivers.

Pros:
- "boutique hotel" with nicely furnished rooms, clean, comfortable and quiet
- warm reception, nice staff, fairly good food in the restaurant (breakfast not plentiful though), free internet access
- well located, at a skytrain and underground hub in Sukhumvit. There is a good 10 min walk to the station (shorter through seedy Cowbow Soi), alternately you can catch the complimentary tuk-tuk to the station. A 5 mion walk to the very good Baan Khanitha traditional Thai restaurant (on soi 23)
- good value for money: around 2,500B or 55 euros a night, with breakfast and one airport transfer included

Areas of improvement
- I was told the pool closes at 4pm, that's really early...
- As mentioned by another contributor, there is a conception flaw with the bath tubs, if you shower you will inundate your bathroom
- Staff sometimes has trouble with English (not the only place though).

All in all, I strongly recommend this hotel.

Incredible value for money!

by TripAdvisor Member davidab157

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, unbelievable for the price (we paid ~$60/night). Huge rooms, great features and the swimming pool on the rooftop is amazing, especially in the evening (it stays open until 10.30pm, another review has it closing early, they must've changed it before we stayed there). Weird design fault with the bath does result in a little pool of water on the bathroom floor when you have a shower but it's not a big deal. If I go back to Bangkok I won't have to think twice about where to stay.

I only give 3/5 for the location since there wasn't too much to do (unless you like go go bars) and it's quite far from places like chinatown. Although it is very nicely located for the weekend market, right next to the skytrain and MRT.

Best place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Robert0972

We stayed for 9 days in Jan '09, excellent, will stay again when I return to Bangkok in June. I've been to Bangkok many times including living there for 6 months and tried many hotels around Sukhumvit, probably 20 - this is the best value of all. I'm not a breakfast person but it was Ok, had some good lunches and late drinks 100 meters away at a little Thai aircon restaurant with live fish and prawns in tanks outside. Had a suite which was spacious and comfortable. Initially booked three days to test then extended to seven days then another two days but they would not give the (small) weekly discount on the first three days, rather strange thinking, surely I was there a week or I wasn't! Anyway it's my place to stay in Bangkok now.

Taling Chan District Office BuildingTaling Chan District Office Building

Victory PointVictory Point

ticket counter 01 (inside)ticket counter 01 (inside)

All Seasons PlaceAll Seasons Place

Where to Stay

by slyons81

Hello,
Will Someone tell me where to stay, I've been deliberating for months and need to make a move.

Looking for...
Easy Access to Major Sites
River Location
Pool
Restaurant
a Little Luxury

by bkk_kd

Shangrila seems to fit your requirements quite nicely. Very close to BTS and river transportation, on the Chao Phraya river, nice pool, nice hotel restaurants and near other nice restaurants (e.g., Mezzaluna, Sirocco, Lord Jim's, Baan Khanitha, Taling Ping, Vino) and quite luxurious. Or, directly across the river from the Shangrila, the Peninsula also meets your requirements, particularly using the hotel's free boat across the river.

by SirHalberd

Do you have a particular price in mind or is any price range okay?

by khunwilko

Well - a few questions - which country town region etc would help or a e you thinking of staying at home?

by mim95

haven't stayed by the river but have been to the Peninsular and Mandarin Oriental. Love the restaurant at Mandarin Oriental with riverside seating, great for sunset. The ferry dock is right outside the hotel which can take you to the skytrain station and other tourist attractions.

by xymmot

I stayed at the Sheraton Orchid. Great place an been there for years and they have discounts internet bookings. The O Manderin and the Penisula are extra luxury compare to Sheraton. they are all on the rivers edge which I did not really care for because of the pollution that you can see in the river. Yet it is easy access to the river taxi. The pool is looking at the river ,and there was a lot of noise created by boat traffic. Either way enjoy Thalad. Cheers Tommy x

by leffe3

I tend to stay in Chinatown in Bangkok and particularly the China Princess Hotel. It's not as luxurious as the other hotels mentioned above but then its a third of the price and within walking distance (10 mins or so) of the Grand Palace etc rather than the schlepp from the Patpong Road. Hotel is extremely comfortable, small pool, good breakfasts etc. And great atmosphere/character directly outside the door. It's a few minutes from a ferry stop on the river.

by darlaf

Stayed at the Chatrium in November-new hotel, great prices-also has river shuttle. In the past have also stayed at Menam-very nice but a little older.
My only complaint about Chatrium is that pool was cold-Menam's pool perfect.
Another great place is Marriott-also on river. If money is no problem stay at the Pennisula-stayed there twice-my favorite! Darla

Comments