2 Soi 5 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Agoda.com Amari.com Expedia.com

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• ArunratC's Profile Photo

por fuera bueno pero por dentro malo

estuvimos mi familia y yo 3 noches y tres habitaciones las habitaciones muy pequeñas mas bien viejas las puertas de los armarios y los grifos rotos tuvimos que llamar al técnico para venir a reparar ,nada mas entrar a la habitación , las recepcionistas antipáticas no saben resolver los problemas que tienes ,lo mejor del hotel es porque esta muy centro pero tampoco para tanto, para ir a los centros comerciales o algún sitio de turismo tienes que coger a los sky train, con los taxis ni hablar porque hay muchos atascos ,es una locura alojarte en este hotel si necesitas tranquilidad , y los que trabajan en el hotel no saben distinguir entre sus clientes y los pobres , casi no nos dejaron subir a nuestras habitaciones porque nos vestíamos con vaqueros y camisetas , cuando haces una reserva en su pagina web ponen un precio bajo pero la hora de pagar te cobran para todo la piscina ,el ascensor y el IVA no sé que mas cosas no me acuerdo cuales, porque eran muchas cosas los que me cobraron ,deberían poner un precio final en su pagina web si quieren que tengan un buen recuerdo de su hotel , no pienso volver a este hotel , cuando nos quejamos se rieron de nosotros como si fuéramos muy pesado , que pena !!!! deberían funcionar mejor con el nombre y la marca del hotel

• refuting malicious reviews by paul999

I had been given two nights at this hotel, included with my Thai Air flight package, last week. Having read the reviews by paul999, I contacted my company and asked to be placed somewhere else (at our expense) as we were about to do some filming, which needs a safe hotel/base, and trusted the 'Don't-stay-here-at-any-cost' reviews. I booked into the (nearby)four star Majestic Grande on 3rd Feb, and went for a walk. I came across the Amari Boulevard by accident. I went in, someone immediately came up to help me ( as I had no luggage) and I asked for, and was given, a tour. It's a very nice 4*hotel, accurately described in their own blurb, and with totally up-to-standard security etc for Bangkok; I felt absolutely gutted that I'd incurred the added costs of booking a different hotel, which we can't get back from our client, on the strength of those malicious reviews. It also turned out that they were fully booked, and had a queue of people hoping for cancellations. I at least had the satisfaction of being able to return my reservations, so that they were able to sell them to other guests. So the karmic conclusion was that they in fact got paid twice. I will be very careful in the future trusting reviews

Unique Quality: Very good facilities for the price range. Good views of Nana, and the rest of Bangkok. Modern, clean, great air-con, marble throughout; Clean kitchens and dining areas

Directions: Sorry about the photo....it's on a mobile phone, handheld, at night. The Amari is the 'wedge' shaped one in the middle

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Central Location in Bangkok

Amari Boulevard Hotel is a first-class city centre boutique hotel situated on Sukhumvit Road, one of Bangkok’s most exciting business and shopping areas. Its superb location provides absolute convenience with easy access to the ‘Nana’ Skytrain station, the ‘Sukhumvit’ underground station and the Airport expressway. Rooms are very clean and has terrace view but it is still a four star hotel. Located nearby are 5 star hotels like Royal Benja and The Landmark Bangkok.

Unique Quality: 24 hour convenience store in front of Hotel FOODLAND (bottled water for 5 Baht!)
    Took Lae Dee 24 hour Thai Fastfood inside convenience store
    30 Meters From Gullivers Pub, A Popular Pub in Bangkok!
    5 minute walk to Nana Station BTS where you can go to Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Suan Lum Night Bazaar, Central World, MBK, Chatuchak Night Market
    50 Baht taxi ride going to Pratunam Market where you can haggle and buy clothing at factory and wholesale price!

For Promiscous Tourists:
    5 minute walk to "Nana Plaza"
    5 minute BTS ride to "Soi Cowboy"
    10 minute BTS ride to "Patpong"
    5 Minute Walk to Aviva Massage in Soi 7
    5 Minute Walk to Eden Massage (Famous for 2 or more "angels")
    10 minute walk to Lolita's BJ Bar (also famous) in soi 7
    8 Minute walk to Eden Turkish Massage in Phloen Chit Soi 2

Directions: Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok 40 kms 25 to 40 mins Car,Central World Plaza 1 kms 10 mins Sky train,Siam Square/MBK/ Paragon 2 kms 10 mins Sky train.Chatuchak Market 10 km 15 mins Sky train.Chaopraya River/Temples 5 kms 15 mins Sky train.

• Amari Boulevard security is non-existent

The Nana area round this hotel is deadly dangerous at night. You have to watch your drinks in all the bars around the hotel. If you get drunk and drugged a ladyboy could follow you into the hotel and up to your room and rob you of everything.. The hotel and security staff will not help you. They will just stand idly by. The Norwich Union Insurance company says Bangkok is the most dangerous city in the world according to insurance claims. Night porters at this hotel confirm that fact. You have been warned. Check British Embassy travel advice about Bangkok and Nana area especially. My advice is stay at the Oriental or Shangri-La by the river.

Unique Quality: Located in a war zone

• Amari Boulevard Hotel - avoid it at all costs

The security at night at this hotel is dreadful. The area outside at night is a virtual war zone. You can be drugged, mugged or beaten up in the near vicinity to this hotel. The night porters let all kinds of criminals (especially lady boys) enter the hotel and follow guests up to the room especially if they are drunk or drugged. This is one of the most dangerous hotels in Asia! The night porters are crooks and the foreign managers ignore the real dangers faced by tourists.

• daryll's Profile Photo

Pure Comfort & Brilliant Location

First Impression, COOL...surrounded by beautiful reception Thai, they are truly friendliest people that i ever met, with greetings and served with a cool local thai 'drinks' and orchids beautiful presented on your table.

Service is tip top, room wise arent that bad except we were allocated on the other side of the building which our balcony obviously facing to another block of building. I wasnt really bother because most of the time out for sightseeing and is too humid to enjoy the sun anyway.

Comfortable bed, clean and not so fanciful sink, generous wardrobe space.

Most important it has very high tech - safety box.

The Best thing about this hotel is that they served a WONDERFUL BREAKFAST, best buffet breakfast I have ever been too even 100 times better than SAVOY HOTEL LONDON. Plenty of choice from local, oriental, middle eastern, europe to american. So need not to worry about choice of food because they served international cuisine.

Mango milk juice is the best tasting drink I ever had in my entire Bangkok experience.

Unique Quality: Great views from the pool looking over Bangkok bustling city and Season Restaurant (authentic thai) is located there as well.

Supermarket and money changer is located opposite the hotel then Bangkok Train System is just 5 minutes walk and it is also walkable to Soi Cowboy if this kind of place you looking for....

• Amari Boulevard Hotel - Bangkok City Centre

I really enjoyed my stay at Amari Boulevard Hotel. Its located right in the city centre. Sky train station at 50 meters, with great access to the big shopping malls and Express way to the airport around the corner (it took me 30 minutes from the airport). The Deluxe room was very nice and clean. Staff was friendly and there is a good atmosphere. Restaurants were good and buffet was indeed great. I enjoyed the swimmingpool too, with relaxing sunbeds, tropical plants and a Thai restaurant. I think it is great value for money (what do you get in europe for less than 120 USD?). By the way, with the rate I paid they did not charge me for the visitor whom I met at Nana Plaza. There is plenty of entertainment and restaurants around. Even a 24 hour supermarket in front of the door. Management seems to be present and alert. I will definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great location, great rooms, nicely renovated. Good pool and good food. Friendly too

Directions: Right in the Centre. Sukhumvit Road.

• Good Location

This was probably my 8th stay at the Amari Boulevard Hotel in 4 years. Four years ago the discounted rate was about $40 per night; in October 2005 I paid over $80.

The location is near the BTS, restaurants, money changers and shopping. There's a Foodland with lunch counter open 24 hours directly across from the hotels entrance, so one can eat whenever. The breakfast buffet is excellent with many choices including eggs to order.

The hotel has two tower areas: one newer and more modern with seperate tubs and showers, the other side older with tub/shower combinations. If you book the cheapest rate you will end up in the older area.

The deskstaff allowed me to leave my bags in a secure storage area for a small fee while I left town for a few days.

Now the discounted rate has escalated to over $100 and puts the hotel in competetion with some of the true 4 and 5 star hotels. This hotel is not worth $100 and I will not stay here again. Other than the price, I really liked this hotel.

• rich104's Profile Photo

Average Hotel

Stayed here Nov 2005. Had 3 rooms, 2 of them connecting. All smelt musty and dank. Rooms a little on the small side but clean and adequate. I chose this due to its proximity to the Nana Skytrain station although next time I would use the Bel-Aire Princess further up the road.
    Despite the fact that we booked the hotel 2 months prior, one of the connecting rooms was not available until 8pm. Apparently the existing occupant had paid for a late check out. Remarked to reception that we had paid for the room too so they had been paid twice but she just laughed. They gave us a temporary room but its just not worth unpacking to repack again 8 hours later.

Unique Quality: Excellent buffet breakfast as good as you will find anywhere with great, attentive restaurant staff.

Directions: Excellent location just 50m from Nana Skytrain. Across the road is Foodland supermarket and cafe which is open 24/7.

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Not bad in this area !

Stay there 3 nights in May 2005.
    Room are ok, big enough and with a small terrasse. I stayed room 1017 on 10th floor which gave me the advantage to have a view !
    UNfortunately, my room was located by the storage room for the cleaning material meaning that @ 7 am, the staff was coming around to pick up their equipment !
    I would recommend then to stay room 1009 and lesser !
    Paid around 2300 Baths/night with www.asia-discovery.com
    As they are part of world Hotel, I ask them to validate my stay on my star alliance card but I was told that this is only ok for reservation made directly to the hotel and not via a travel agency.

Unique Quality: good location
    Very clean
    ok pool, nothing amazing
    small gym room with few equipment
    friendly staff

Directions: sukhumvit

• bkoon's Profile Photo

Happening Place in the Evening in the Area

Hotel was great. Love the spacious and nicely decorated rooms.

The area is not so desirable though. Well, rather "happening" at night.

Unique Quality: Nice breakfast buffet spread. Good location. Near Nana BTS train station.

Directions: Nana BTS Train Station

• jrs1234's Profile Photo

Amari Boulevard Hotel

I left booking a little late on my last trip (October 2002) and discovered that the Bel-Aire Princess was booked up, so I decided to give its bigger neighbour a try. It was a bit more expensive (about 40 pounds - 2400 baht - per night), and I was a little surpised to find that the rooms were a little bit on the small side - not tiny, but they could have been bigger. But it was pleasant and comfortable, and acceptably quiet - a nice retreat from chaotic Bangkok.

Unique Quality: All the 4 star amenities, and an excellent location near Sukhumvit Road. Soi 5 is a relatively quiet side-street too, so there's not too much traffic noise. However, a very large pub has just opened next door, so there may be some noise from that now.

Directions: Just around the corner from the Nana Skytrain.

More about Amari Boulevard Hotel

My Hotel Amari Boulevard HotelMy Hotel Amari Boulevard Hotel

Amari Boulevard Hotel, Bangkok

by Barnes80

Is this hotel a safe hotel? Some people say the Nana area of Bangkok is like a war zone. So I am worried there may be problems with this hotel.

Re: Amari Boulevard Hotel, Bangkok

by jrs1234

Hi -

I found it very safe when I stayed there; you may get the odd tout approaching you, but that's about as bad as it gets. The hotel is very convenient for the Skytrain & there's a good selection of shops & services within walking distance.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Jeremy

by globerover

> Some people say the Nana area of
> Bangkok is like a war zone.

We have stayed in several places near Nana, always with the children. We certainly wouldn't have done so if it were dangerous. The area is simply crowded with tourists, and especially in the evening till shortly after midnight (they have to close by 1pm now) the streets, in particular Sukhumvit are full with vendors, food stalls, etc. You encounter a certain atmosphere there that is difficult to describe, but to call it a "war zone" sounds rather strange to me.

by globerover

it is "1 AM" of course when they have to close down

:-))

by chooooocolat_moose

Hey,

Nana is not dangerous : it is although dangerously populated by ladies of the night.
So the moment you get on the streets there will be the occasional small talk.

Peter