96 Trok Surau Chakrapong, Pra Athit Road, Pranakorn, Bangkok, 10200, Thailand
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

More about Bangkok

Makkasen StationMakkasen Station

We are here to serve youWe are here to serve you

BTS Skytrain Krung Thonburi StationBTS Skytrain Krung Thonburi Station

BTS SkytrainBTS Skytrain

Trip to Bangkok

by come2minh

Hi!
We are a group of teachers planning to visit Bangkok sometime on February 2011. We intend to visit at least three schools to benchmark with. We are not aware whether this is allowable. If it is, how do we go about it?

by xymmot

You should ask the school administraters for access. Have a Thai translator on hand to do this . THE TEACHERS WEAR UNIFORMS that look like military personnel. They were very happy to show case their classes and work. If there is a project in Thailand, the school ministry should be advised
to get full access and introduction to the different school systems. A lot depends on how formal you inquiry is> Cheers Tommy x

by Curt1591

Richard Barrow might be the guy with which to inquire. He can surely point you in the right direction.

by expatbangkok

Primary? Secondary? Local or international?

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Soi 11/1

by Hewer

This unassuming soi is the part of Bangkok that is most familiar to me. I've been coming back here ever since my first couple of visits. It's a microcosm of the whole city and whenever I land at Don Muang, this is the first place I go to.

I get my suits tailored there, I've booked flights at the travel agent and had my hair cut there a few times. I also go to a dentist there and two great Indian restaurants. I guess it has become my home away from home in Bangkok. The only thing I haven't done is actually stay in one of the hotels there. The soi is pretty short (maybe 200 meters in total) and hooks around off Sukhumvit, ending at soi 11 proper.

One stop shopping!

about the river

by call_me_rhia

A cruise along the Chao Phraya river can be quite interesting and a nice way to escape the city's infamous traffic and choking smog. From the river you can see the Bangkok's rags and riches: makeshift houses on stilts and towering skyscapers - coexisting side by side. The relative peace and quiet of the river, and also the river traffic - not noisy - but very present. I had not thought that the Chao Phraya would be so much alive and "active"

Scenes on the river...

by syllybabe

We were going by pretty fast on our own longtail boat but could see fish jumping out of the water. We noticed that people on that boat were throwing in some food to feed the fish. Too bad this isn't a great pic. It was almost 6pm and it was too far for flash to help brighten it up.

Songklan (KSR) Prayer area 1

by kenningst

Almost at the end of the street of Kao San road during there Songklan festival, you will find a wide area used for locals and people alike offering their prayers. This stage has 4 big bells and people are lining up just to ring it. They will say a small prayer before doing it. Very interesting.

don't pack too much buy everything there

by adyw

a bag with wheels, its a bit of a hassle carrying your bags around on your shoulder all day umbrella, loose cotton clothing it can be very hot and humid but it all there, it is so cheap whatever you have packed in your suitcase, take most of it out and buy it there in Bangkok it is so cheap.

Comments