3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• martensd's Profile Photo

Use Agoda to Book Hotel-Aspen Suites

YVR makes a good suggestion. I use Agoda when I book my trips.
    Last time in BKK we stayed at the Aspen Suites Hotel. It is in the Sukhumvit area, off the main drag so it is much more quiet. About ten minute walk to the public transportion.
    What I like about Aspen is the fact that it has a kitchenette, separate bedroom, very clean. Very good service. Will stay there again next trip.
    There are specials through Agoda and you can probably get a Jr. Suite for about $70.00 (USD)Other rooms can be had for more and less $$.

Unique Quality: Out of the hectic night life but within walking distance.
    Huge rooms with kitchenettes. Clean and good service.

Directions: Near the NANA area

More about Aspen Suites Bangkok

Lovely New Hotel At Sukhumvit, You Can Miss It !

by TripAdvisor Member Twinkle_KL

I'm glad I had choosen Aspen Suite for my first visit to Bangkok for 3 nights stay. It is surprisingly new & gorgeous hotel with very good customer service. This is a medium size hotel with low density of rooms, so you wont get crowded guests with a lot of noise. I feel so relax with the hotel peaceful environment.

They are so kind to change the room for us when our original room window is facing a construction building next door, which i feel uncomfortable when saw those construction workers lying or working there coz it is so close and no privacy once you open the window curtain. Our new room is so spacious with studio suite facilities (my pictures will tell you how nice is the room). The rate of THB1999nett per night is very very reasonable, the room is as good as a 4 star or even a 5 star hotel room.

It is a bit far walking to the Sky Train station (10 - 15 mins depends on the weather), but they have tuk tuk service to send you to the main road which is near JW Marriott Sukhumvit. Still it will reduce about 5 mins walking time only, you can't imagine how humid the weather in Bangkok even it is a rainy season. So the next day we only travel by taxi to anyway since the price is very reasonable, the hotel staff will be kind to call a taxi for you.

The daily buffet breakfast is a good option, although some of the food taste are a bit blend and not hot enough. The cafe staff dont speak and understand much English, you need to tell them very clearly how you want your food to be cook. But their service is very good.

I hope the Management will keep up the good job to maintain the hotel well, as I found some medium and small size hotels in Bangkok will be run down after open sometimes. You can't miss Aspen Suites when you in Bangkok.

1st & last time to stay

by TripAdvisor Member mengzai

The overall is good but I am very disappointed with manager attitude.
I had booked the room 3 weeks ago I checked in to the hotel at about 5.30pm. Was told the rooms were ready. However when I was about to enter my room, I saw the bed was in the mess, some bags & luggage were in the room. It seems the guest had not check out but we are given the room with key access. When I approached the reception & asked for the manager & question him on this, he don’t seem to be apologetic. Time pass & it was about 6.30pm & my room was not sort out. When I question the manager( with a angry tone), he shouted back at me Instead of claiming me & offer me alternative, he did nothing…

The 1st night was a horrible night for me & my family….
When it start raining at about 11pm. You can hear loud raining dripping sound on top of the room. There is not noise insulation in the room. The noise was some loud that we cant have a good sleep for that night. I called the reception at 4 am to complain this; they only send some one out to have a look. I was told something will be done during the day as it was too dark & risky for the engineering guys to climb up in the dark. I agreed & thought something will be fix during the day but I was wrong. The noise only stop at about 7am. Nothing was being done for the 3 nights stay.
I thought of changing the hotel was I have kids with me & it will be to hassle to do so.
This will be my last time with this hotel & will not recommend any of my friends to stay!

Love, love, love Aspen Suites!!!

by TripAdvisor Member shoppingshopping

This place is just how I hoped it to be...When we arrived, I was happy with how the lobby looked and I was completely in love when we got to our room!

This was the third trip for me and my husband and we usually stayed in the Pratunam area. Our first visit we stayed in Bayoike Suites which was just ok... Nothing special (although I love their interior - very hip). For our second trip, we stayed in First House Hotel which was really really horrible! It was old, place had stains all over and there were cockroaches!!! This time I wanted a nice hotel & a nice area - I was 4 mos pregnant and was travelling w/ my parents and siblings as well. I wanted a place where I could relax and enjoy. And Aspen Suites is just perfect!

There were 6 of us travelling and we got 3 rooms. They actually upgraded all 3 rooms to a Grand Studio when we only paid for a Superior Studio. Initially, when I made my booking online (asiarooms.com), I requested for a non-smoking room but we were informed that they are fully booked so we had no choice. Surprisingly, the room didn't have any smell at all (only along the hallway).

Our bathroom was pretty...The room was huge! There's a separate area for the cabinet & vanity table. There's an LCD TV as well and free internet. You just have to ask for a cable from the receptionist (and they have 2 computers near the reception area where guests can use the internet for free). They also have a fitness center and pool. The whole place was clean. The outside of the hotel is quiet.

There are however some downside to this hotel...The hotel is quite far from Sukhumvit Road. They do have free tuktuk service to bring you to Sukhumvit Road, however, it's available only until a certain time and shorter during weekends. But there are taxis always on standby infront of the hotel which is good. Another is that room service is only until 10:30pm if I'm not mistaken. And there aren't any food shops near the hotel, nearest would be along Sukhumvit Road. But the staff are just so accommodating, they bought food for us twice. Also, there isn't a massage place nearby as compared to Pratunam area where you can find them everywhere! But I'd still choose Sukhumvit area over Pratunam area... I feel safer and more relaxed there.

Aspen Suites has very nice and helpful staff! Muy husband & I will definately stay here again! =)

Oh and asiarooms.com had the lowest rate among other online hotel booking service! =)

never again!

by TripAdvisor Member amatus

The room was extremly loud because of a construction-site 3 metres from the very thin window. the work starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m.

in the night it was very loud too, because of 11 aircons fixed on our balcony. We couldn't get any sleep! we tried to change our room, but get only a new room for the last night.

the desk-staff was very unfriendly what is exceptionel for thailand - even calling a taxi seemed to be too much for her. in the evening and at night they are much more friendly and even helpful!

Breakfast was nothing special at all – mainly thai- or asian-food – not much to chose for a european stomach.

the pool was very small compared to the pic in the internet and even a little dirty and there were always many, many mosquitos. you couldn't use it at all!

free tuk-tuk-service is only for about 200 metres to the mainstreet and not to BTS-Station. but taking a taxi there is much better and cheaper, than calling one from the hotel. i don't know why ...

the two free-internet-terminals were very slow, so don't expect high-speed.

it wasn't worth the money and we will never stay here again!

Good value but some problems

by TripAdvisor Member manarak

I booked Aspen Suites for a week in November (yes exactly when the airport was blockaded).

Aspen Suites is located a short stroll down soi 2 on Sukhumvit. It is a little out of the action, so that soft-legged persons might find it too far to walk to the BTS Nana station.

The first impression was quite bad.

The construction quality is not exceptional, sound isolation is not good, and windows are quite thin.
I got room #507 and there was a foul stench in the corridor. Sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker.
The room itself was quite dark, it was located directly near with another building that was being worked on in the day. The window gave almost no light, since the side of the building is covered with planks that already shield 50% of the light.

Then I had many problems with internet on the first day, it would just loose connection and then come back for some minutes before loosing connection again.
I had to call reception to fix it.

In the bathroom, the water pressure is very low, and the warm water kept doing the same as the internet, going on and off. Washing was not a pleasure at Aspen.

Then about the aircon: it was just strong enough for me not to ask to change the room. It barely managed to cool the room to about 23 degrees after an hour. I think that aircon is too weak.

The reception desk should have more staff - the poor guy tries to handle everything, sometimes he's overwhelmed.

And finally, the ground of the room should be washed more often - there were some stains. But overall the room was ok clean, but again, barely so.

Other than that, the room and the hotel are quite OK - I honestly think probably just got unlucky.

The room rate on the other hand was great, and the room certainly delivered great value for the price paid (about 1850 baht a night).

Terrific Value Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member davgiff

Having been in Bangkok on a number of occassions I already had an idea of the area and price range I was looking for. As I was travelling solo I was looking for a good value clean hotel, knowing that I would be spending most of my time out around the city.

Aspen Suites was that and more. Check in was swift and efficient and I was surprised by how large and spacious the room was. No issues with Internet or water temperature unlike the previous reviewer and this was an ideal base to explore the city. Only a few minutes walk to the Skytrain, from where you can get to almost anywhere in the city.

As was not in the hotel much, cannot comment on the food or the swimming pool but overall an excellent value hotel which i would use again when i return to Bangkok.

Finally staff were all extremely friendly and efficient especially the concierge

Wish I was there longer

by TripAdvisor Member Not_so_lengchai

This was both SY and my first trip to bangkok and based on the reviews on the internet, we decided to give Aspen Suites a try for 3 nights. We wanted somewhere that wasnt too fleabag or too upper class fancy and we also wanted to be in the sukhumvit area.

Aspen suites met all our needs and more. The bellhop, concierge, cafe and room service staff should be commended for their warmth and hospitality.

The rooms were large, the bed so comfy i slept within a minute of laying down, the bathroom clean, the kitchen facilities very useful and I luv the samsung LCD.

Others may complain about the choice of breakfast but I feel for an establishment with less than 60 rooms, the breakfast spread was pretty much adequate.

Did not use the pool so I cant comment on that except to say that there is a pool in the hotel.

There were some downsides though but nothing to make any major fuss about. The water pump after someone showers/flushes can be quite noisy; the view from our room was of a building under construction and I could not get EPL matches on the cable channels. As I said, these were all very minor quibbles.

The hotel is located in a rather quiet but relatively safe area and walking distance to the main road or nearest BTS to us was not a problem.

If this is your 1st time in Bangkok here are some tips:

a) The souvenir traders at patphong are amongst the most expensive. Bargain by half or try Chatuchak, Kaosan or Suan lum.
b) Never trust 90% of tuk-tuk drivers.
c) If you use taxis, try to get the pink ones. We find that they normally use the meters more often than the rest which either use a longer way or charges you a fixed rate.
d) The BTS and MRT are extremely user friendly with words in thai and english
e) If you happen to stay at Aspen, I'd recommend the food stalls next to the KFC drive thru opposite Sukhumvit Soi 2.

See you again soon Bangkok; Aspen we'll be back again.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member klb716

Stayed at the Aspen for 2 weeks after being a loyal JW Marriott customer for years. The Aspen is a small hotel near the end of soi 2. One disappointment right away was how the front desk staff treated my Thai/American wife when she returned to the hotel after shopping with her sister. Upon arriving in the lobby, the front desk staff asked if she was here to meet a "customer," referring to her as a lady of the evening. My wife and her sister, both research PhD's, became upset and angry. After they were carded, they were allowed to pass to our room. After her telling me the story, I found it funny, but they didn't. Oh well, the hotel was clean, however, there were mosquito's in most areas of the hotel. The elevator was incredibly small and slow so taking the stairs became a regular thing for us. The rooms are nice and up to date and the breakfast was good. One other downer was the taxi cabs out front of the hotel, aside from accosting you every time you exit the hotel, they took up space in front of the hotel making traffic a nightmare. For the money, this hotel is a good value if you want something off the beaten path.

Good and comfortable.

by TripAdvisor Member Greedans

Finded and booked thru agoda.com, this hotel had matched my criteries: center of city (preferably at Sukhumvit), not far from BTS, free internet and good price. Reality was more sweet, when I walk in room - good design, many space, many useful tools for comfortable stay (microwave, big refrigerator, kettle and more). I was amazed. Spent 3,5 days and fully satisfacted.
Yes, elevator little bit small and slow, but maximum time waiting was 2 minutes. And only once I ride with other passenger. So no big deal.
Didn't have chance to use pool, but it looks lovely outside. Didn't taste breakfast, as I don't hungry at mornings.
Get connected to internet instantly (with my own cable).
Drink cup of tea instantly (all ingridients already was there).
Had some little inconvenience:
1. In bathroom, holder for towels not properly attached to wall and had fallen several times. When it fall for first time I had fall with th
em and get a little trauma. Need to be more careful in bathroom.
2. Near TV placed big digital clock, but when you're leaving your room, power is cut off and that clock goes off too. So, when you return, the time on that clock is resetted and I cannot tune it to right time and clock always show how many time I had stay at room instead of time of the day.
3. Kettle didn't turn off automaticaly. No big deal.
But all of that minor troubles and don't affect much of good impression of hotel.

Still met my expectation

by TripAdvisor Member Maritimebay

I am a frequent traveller to Thailand and this was my second visit to Bangkok within 2 months. I decided to stay in Aspen Suites for the second time.

Well, the hotel keeps it newness and standard. Check-in was fast. Even i didn't have any lugguage, the bellboy helped me to carry my bags and things to my room.

However, I wish that the staff will be more polite in the future. Whenever I walked out of my room and saw the staff, they did't say hello or gave you a smile. Last time the staff were all friendly and polite.

Last time I didn't use the computer located at the lobby but I used it this time and was happy to find that it was free. I remembered when I stayed in Amari Watergate last year I needed to pay 200bahts for just 30 minutes of using the internet service.

I wrote a review last time, saying that breakfast lacks variety and wish that Chinese Dimsum would be provided and the Manager promised me. Here is his reply: "At times we do have Chinese food at our buffet spread. I am sure that next time around, you will definitely have the chance of tasting our local Dimsum." But to my disappointment, nothing changed this time. Well, given the no of rooms and guests in this hotel, this is not a big problem.

Anyway, I still enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would recommend it to others.

The begining of Water War in the morningThe begining of Water War in the morning

Bangkok Art & Culture CentreBangkok Art & Culture Centre

BTS Skytrain Nana StationBTS Skytrain Nana Station

All Seasons PlaceAll Seasons Place

prices for tatoos in Bangkok

by travel_1

My husband and I are travelling to Bangkok in july and he wants to get a tribal tatoo of a dragon we have researched and it seems Jimmy wongs tatoos come up a lot can anyone tell us what sort of price his tatoos are or recommended a reasonable tatooist in bangkok we are staying on petchuburin road at the Ramada.

We would appreciate any info thanks

Re: prices for tatoos in Bangkok

by NAMEPH

Around 7000bt-8000b at a high quality tattoo shop in the city for example the right shoulder only " TIGER TATOO. Jimmy wong has several parlour, its just super packed there and take hours of waiting to just get a price.

No Phone Number just the address:
Soi 7 Sukhumvit Bangkok

Re: prices for tatoos in Bangkok

by travel_1

thanks for the reply regarding tatoos in bangkok do you know of any other parlours that might be in area as we only have 4 days in bangkok

Comments