Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

A stay at Baiyoke Sky

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2004

If I had to use one word to describe this hotel it would be "adequate". The hotel is located right next to the Prathnam Garmet markets which is probably the best place in Bangkok to look for clothing and shoes. In fact there is very little else in the area apart from clothing which is a bit of a downside if you are looking for other activities. When I checked into the hotel I was plesently surprised to be given an upgrade to a suite. The suite itself was very big (the bathroom I am sure is in a different time zone to the bedroom) but the quality of the fixtures was not as good as in other Bangkok hotels such as Grand President or the Four Wings.

This hotel is the tallest in Thailand so you get a great view. The downside is that you seem to spend a lot of time in elevators. I was on the 32nd floor which meant to get to breakfast I had to take the elevator down to the lobby on the 18th floor, walk around to a different bank of elevators, take an elevator to the 77th floor and walk up to the 78th floor to eat. You have to repeat the sequence on the way back. To exit the hotel you have to take the elevator to the 18th floor, walk around to yet another set of elevators and travel down to the 1st floor which is where the hotel exit is.

The restaruants once again are adequate. Breakfast was ok but once again not in the class of the other two hotels mentioned above. The fittings, food and the service was only just average. The restaurant on the top floor was very noisy with diners competing against pin ball machines to have a conversation.

To get around from the hotel you need to take a taxi which are very cheap but the traffic in Bangkok is awful. I prefer to take the skytrain whenever I can but you need to get a cab to the skytrain from this hotel.

Internet access was disapointing. The hotel charge 10 baht per minute for internet from its business centre so a better option is to head around the corner to the Four Seasons where it is 50 baht per hour for ADSL.

Unique Quality: Good views from the higher floors, pool is fairly small as is the fitness centre. If you are looking for a good base for shopping at the Prathnam Market this is a good option.

Directions: Great shopping as it is right on the Prathnam Garmet Market.

OneNightInBangkok's Profile Photo

Bangkok's Tallest

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2004

I stayed here last year and I loved everything about the hotel. Very close to shopping, buffet breakfast was superb, nice and clean facilities including the pool, sauna and the gym. I even had a very relaxing massage in the spa. Upon arrival, I was shocked (in a negative way) because I did not expect that the hotel would be literally in the middle of a busy shopping district. This turned me off initially. I got very scared that I booked the "wrong" hotel. But as soon as I stepped into my room, I forgot about the mess downstairs. The room is huge even for 2 people, and is very clean. The bathroom is also very spacious with a shower cubicle and a bath tub (though I think the tub is relatively tiny as compared to the rest of the room). What I liked the best is the view from my window. It was breath-taking.

The staff are very polite and would always greet you with a smile. I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel on my next trip to Bangkok. Everything about it was spot on. This hotel is one of the reasons why I love this city so much.

Unique Quality: Being Bangkok's tallest hotel sure has its pluses. Up on the 82nd floor is an observatory wherein you can see most, if not the entire city. Go up there on your first day. It's surely a nice way to start your vacation.

Breakfast would be at the 78th floor, if I remembered it correctly. I didn't mind that I had to go up that high each day. I actually looked forward to it every morning because of the great view from up there.

Directions: The hotel is right beside the busy Pratunam Market. All taxi drivers would know where this hotel is. Just say Baiyoke 2 or Baiyoke Song.

moonjogger's Profile Photo

Baiyoke Sky review

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2004

Thailand's tallest hotel has great views, but I wouldn't say that it has very much to offer. Its location is rather strange considering that it is surrounded by low-rise, dilapidated buildings. Another thing is that there's no driveway, and on weekend evenings, a night market extends up to 100m from the doorstep. The hotel is not in a very good location...Inaccessible by train or bus, and you'd be better off taking a cab. I would suggest the Arnoma for value and its location.

chennaismartguy's Profile Photo

Try out the BAR @ the 78 Floor

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 28, 2003

Wonderful - you can have a look on the traffic, illuminated buildings - wow good experience.

Try out the bar at 78th floor (think so), no need of alhocol to spin your head, it spins automatically.

linnzz's Profile Photo

Thailand Tallest Hotel

by written on November 26, 2003

Didn't stay here but visited the Sky restuarant

Unique Quality: Thailand's tallest hotel, rising 88 storeys above the Bangkok skyline. The building is 309 meters tall & there is an Observation & Revolving Roof Decks located on 77th & 84th floor respectively. Service Hours 10.30 - 22.30 hrs.

Lobby is located at 18th floor & Car park is from 5th - 11th floor

Not sure about the number of lifts the hotel is having, anyway its a long wait for me to get from the 1st floor to 18th's lobby. Then another long wait for the lift from 18th floor to the observation deck. I was thinking about what happen if there is a fire ????

Thailand's tallest hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2003

I was disappointed when I saw the reception area on the 18th floor. the color coordination was shocking and for a supposed new hotel (couple of years old) it looked pretty rundown. Anyway, I was given a 46th floor room (out of 83 floors, of which I believe probably to 76th as livable) and was aghast when I saw the dilapidated state of the room. Soiled carpets, dim lights and horrendous color coordination. The worst was when I opened the minifridge cabinet... out crawled 2 tiny roaches... I complained of course. And was given a room on the 24th. by then, my thoughts were... if it's the same room, I'm checking out! Thankfully, they gave me a junior suite with dining and living room and a separate bedroom. However, there's only one toilet. One of the wheels of the divan was broken, thus my bed was lopsided. What the heck. It was 2am.. and I was tired. For 4 nights, I stayed in the hotel... non the happy but not too unhappy though. Internet pictures are not to be trusted. Well, it'll be my last stay in Baiyoke sky that's for sure!

Unique Quality: great view though... breakfast on the top floors...

azadeh's Profile Photo

The tallest hotel

by written on May 16, 2003

I stay 2 nights "Park view hotel" it was a nice hotel with great breakfast and located in good erea but it was a little expensive then i move to Baiyoke Sky Hotel that is the tallest hotel in Thailand

Nearby Baiyoke Sky Hotel

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews