3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 29% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• alcyone's Profile Photo

Spacious

We stayed here during our visit to Bangkok in 2007. The hotel was under renovation, so i'm guessing now it's a lot better.

My experience with this hotel isn't pleasant. The room was very spacious with small pantry *no stove nor sink though* and a living room.
    But the fabrics *yes, all fabrics was outdated, fade in colour and was in terrible flowery bluish kind of fabric. Not to mention the moldy smell all over the room.

Being a batrachophobia, i'm terribly scared of lizards, and it happened to be one inside our room! i had to ask someone to get it, and they sent up a guy who shrieked even more than i did, and another guy went up and it was peace, but i couldn't sleep properly because of the lizard.

Lighting was too minimal, and bathroom was a complete mess. literally looked like a scene of a horror movie. We were ready to leave the hotel, but all the hotels nearby was fully-booked.

As i said, they were renovating, and i'm hoping they're doing their best on the job, it's a shame because the location was fantastic.

Unique Quality: Near Pratunam Plaza, and for the ladies who loves good bargain on clothes etc, it's a terrific location.

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Best location for shopping!

I was initially advised to take this hotel because it is strategically located very near Pratunam market -- where you can shop for clothes and other goodies at a very low price. I can just drop my shopping bags to my hotel and go out again to shop! :-)

Unique Quality: Have not tried the pool, TV in our room is in front of a single bed, so can't appreciate watching it with your friends. Just weird. Our room is on the 31st Floor and we have a spectacular view of the city. :-)

And yes, they have hair dryer. A must for me (even if I have short hair already!) :-)

• Bad Experience

First of all the duty manager and his assistance duty manager both have poor attitude and bad manner, both are very rude while you're asking more questions...etc.
    (my stayed was on 26th Dec 08, my bad experience was during the check-in period in between 1.30pm to 2.30pm)

Second, the rooms are very dirty, carpets and sofa got stains...bed sheets yellowish....etc
    This comment is not baesd on 1 room since we have took 4 rooms during our Dec 08 trips.

Overall, this hotel should be rate as 2 or below stars.
    And the 2 duty managers shouldn't work in this service line since I believed customer is not willing tosee your "black face" all the time.

• kennydulce's Profile Photo

Best to Stay for Shopping

We stayed in Baiyoke Suites for 3 nights. Check in was easy. The room we stayed in had a living room, dining area and separate bedroom.
    Since the living and dining area is large and separate from where we rest, it was not hard for us to use the said space for our shopping loot!
    Also we have a window that gives us a view of Bangkok skyline.
    Breakfast at the top floor was great which also has a great view.

And, since it is in the middle of Pratunam shopping district, it was so easy for us to go around the great shopping places.

Unique Quality: Great view!

• beetlebummer's Profile Photo

Baiyoke 1

It was a nice stay here. Nice lobby...if only the rooms are upgraded like the lobby though. The rooms are not bad, nothing to wow about (apart from the view though). The furnishings of the rooms are old...spacious but old. Nothing close to the lobby at all, so don't be deceived by the lobby decor. Other than that...well everything else is fine.

Unique Quality: I must say it is the view that is a plus point for this place. As I stayed on the 27th floor, I had a pretty good view of the city. It is also the first hotel in Thailand to have received halal certification for the food served in the hotel. Check out this page for ref http://www.baiyokehotel.com/index.php?site=baiyokesuite&mode=news&lang=en

• Inassoli's Profile Photo

Not The Best but Not Bad

Hi all,

I would like to give my comments on the hotel and abt Bkk, for everyone need to prepare before going, bcz I myself found this way a very usefull one to prepare my trip. The hotel not bad but very old, reception is totaly different than rooms, very big rooms but old floor, old fur. lights are soooo bad...maybe if they renew it a little, it will be better, just a little. Bathroom is nice but small. employees r so nice, very helpfull, but I have noticed that even inside teh hotel they don't speak much english!!! In my Country Egypt, bcz we r used to tourist, u can't imagine how many lang. workers and shops owners speak. BUT..I loved this country anyway, after the first shock, I found it very friendly. About Shoppinggggggggg what I have to tell u!!!!!! I got as ppl said 3 bags inside each other..even though, I bout 2 handbags..I bought manyyyy thing for me and my family... prices r woooow...the polo shirt is 200Baht...a female nice white shirt from Aloha shop in Platinum fashion mall near Pantip IT mall cost me 350Baht..shoes r with 200Baht. Food in the food court of anymall will cost u maximum 85 baht per person. KFC and Big Burger r 100baht. we tried every where. Gysorm is brand names mall, also don't miss MBK and Siam Paragon for the Ocean Discovery....go ahead but control ur shopping !!!

Directions: in the center of Pratunam shopping area, near everything..pantip, platinum, Big C..etc

• Aquacraig's Profile Photo

Beware this hotel!

This hotel was by far the worst place I've ever stayed at in my life. Rooms have not been changed in 30 years, sink fell off the wall, windows screwed shut in case you want to escape. At the time of our stay the first 10 floors were blocked off due to a previous fire in the building. Fire escape was blocked off and not useable and elevators were painfully slow. Common areas extremely claustrophobic !
    Good point is that is has a magnificent view from the top floor.

Unique Quality: There are none!

• It was Olrite

The lobby looks newly renovated but the rooms remained unchanged. The furniture, carpet and walls looks worn and old although its spacious and clean. Magnificient view can be enjoyed on the 43rd floor Sky Lounge for your morning breakfast. Breakfast is a halal-buffet style to cater for muslims. However its the same menu everyday and the food is cold. Not very tempting but consumable.

I would recommend to those who are not a picky eater, dont mind old rooms, who spends more time outside and only return to their rooms to bathe and sleep. If you are travelling in a large group and on tight budget, 1 suite room can fit 6 or more people but bear in mind that theres only 1 toilet.

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is the best part of my stay. Its convinient to do your shopping because the moment you step out of the hotel, you see shops everywhere selling different range of products, besides 7-eleven is not hard to find. Shops are open from 9am till evening. I appreciate the tight security at the ground floor and lobby especially when its located at the heart of a shopping district.

• Pomska's Profile Photo

Not recommended

I wasn't pleased with this hotel. The room or "suite" as they called it was big but very worn-out and old. The ceiling leaked, water came in the room. It was actually quite awful experience. Fortunately we stayed only one night and then moved to Amari Watergate.

One thing which is good is the location.

• Bad hotel, will never stay here again

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
    Though the room was big, it was old and had old fashioned furnishings. Every room has a living room, and a separate living room. But there is only 1 TV in the living room, none in the bedroom.
    4 lifts serve the 43 storey hotel, but only 2 were in operation during my stay there.
    Furthermore, these 2 lifts only served the even numbered floors. I stayed on an odd-numbered floor, so had to use stairs everyday to get to a lift. Had to spend much time waiting for lifts everyday as they are slow.
    Breakfast was on 43rd floor, with good view. But food was not good. Only ate there twice during our 5 day stay.
    Only advantage about this hotel is that it's situated near several wholesale shopping malls. Plenty of shopping around the area.

Would never stay here again though. There are better 3 star hotels in Bangkok. AVOID THIS ONE.

Unique Quality: Near to wholesale garment centers, Pratunam market

Directions: Pratunam area

• Budget Hotel at Best

I stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. The price was cheap as I got the quarter room for 4 paxs at about SGD82 which I got online at www.res24.com. The service staff were friendly, but room service stunk as not once did they clean up the room. The room condition was kinda run-down and the air-conditioner had a habit of `screaming' late at night which made sleeping difficult. Overall, at best it is a budget hotel. Wouldn't stay here again if I come back. Would go for Baiyoke Sky as it is much newer (although the prices are higher).

Unique Quality: The plus point would be the location as it is conveinently located in the Pratunam cloth district. For good quality and prices, just go to the wholesale shops next to the hotel. Go to the 5th or 6th level and you will find the clothing cheap and good as they are at wholesale prices.

Directions: Pratunam District

• OneNightInBangkok's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel?

Ideal for shoppers as the hotel is right in the middle of Pratunam shopping area. The standard rooms are huge, and each one is a one-bedroom suite complete with a small dining area. They must do something about the carpet and wallpaper though as they are, should I say, unsightly. The bathroom is showing signs of age, the sink has cracks, too. This hotel is devoid of glamour, if that's what you want to know; but for $26 a night, I must not complain. I should have stayed at the White Palace which is just a one-minute walk down the road from this hotel. Buffet breakfast is good enough, couldn't complain either. Staff are very friendly too. One tip, do not ask for a room on a high floor. You might get a room that is too high. They gave me one on the 40th floor which I initially thought was cool since the view would be fantastic from up there. I forgot that the Sky Lounge, the restaurant where they serve buffet breakfasts, is just a few floors above my room. Lots of action going on in there every morning and it's quite annoying if you had a late night. Overall I believe that there are better hotels in the same area at this price range. Do I still want to stay in this hotel on my next trip to Bangkok? Maybe not.

• stedeb's Profile Photo

Not a bad hotel

Pretty good value for money especially if booked over the net. We paid $AU40 for a double suite including breakfast. The staff are friendly although they do make their money on the transport that is offered in the foyer. Go into the main street and get a cab it will save you a heap. We got a metered taxi from the Southern bus terminal and for 90 bt they were charging 600 bt for a car.

Unique Quality: The dining room on the 43rd??? floor has a terrific view of Bangkok as we were on the 37th floor so did we.

Directions: Ask to be taken to the Pratunam markets or the Indra Regent Hotel the Bayoike is right behing the Indra.

• kylian74's Profile Photo

Good accomodation, good location

We had the suite although we didn't even used the kitchen, the cable tv and refrigerator because of our hectic schedule in Bangkok. The rooms are great with bath and hot shower, it was clean!

Unique Quality: Good location for those shoppers, just next to Bangkok's cheapest market PRATUNOM, the ground floor has some stalls of clothing and accesories, it is also nearby PANTIP Plaza, the computer paradise arcade.
    Baiyoke has a great panoramic view over bangkok, sunrise view from the lounge is beautiful....they have excellent buffet breakfast.

More about Baiyoke Suite Hotel

Breakfast at Baiyoke SuiteBreakfast at Baiyoke Suite

Baiyoke Suite Hotel in Bangkok

by oskvivien

Hi all, any feedback from this hotel? worth staying in?

by chiabh

hi kimmi...

a but run down hotel... check review on http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/620110/review.html ... however please note date of review, the last is in july 2005... the annex baiyoke sky hotel is a better hotel to stay in...

regards.chia

by Pimilan

Is dating from the end of the 80's and is located in Pratunam., my favorite area in Bangkok. In front of the door of the entrance you are right on the market of clothes.I go eat on the restaurant of the 43's floor " Sky Top" and it have a great view and the food was good. It'a a amazing lobby, is underground and the hotel looks old but it offer suite room for a cheap price, so you have large room for it's price and a great location.

by DONBURGESS

Hi there, i haven't stayed at this hotel but the Hotel Indra just around the corner is a very nice hotel and right in front of all the shops,

Enjoy Bangkok

Don

by DarkRay

As others had mention, the hotel is a little old. It's near the Pratunam market, but far away from everything else, including the all important BTS and Subway stations. I like the Bangkok Sky at the top though. Good food, great view at reasonable prices (it's like S$13 per person).

Just my 2 cents.... :-)