43/5 Rajdamri Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• sand05's Profile Photo

Good Location and Cheap

Bangkok City Inn is a budget hotel with a good location right in the heart of Bangkok City. It is just a stone's throw to Central World (Istean & Zen) and Platinum Shopping mall. The hotel is just located behind the main street. The reception staffs were warm and friendly. I have reached the hotel way before the check-in time. But I was able to check-in to the hotel without waiting for too long.

If you have stayed in the Deluxe room, you will be entitled to a daily buffet breakfast (not too much variety, but still acceptable) and daily dinner during your stay. Yes, dinner included. The dinner menu is limited. But if you are not too fussy about it, it can still satisfy your hunger. Though the variety for the breakfast is limited, they will also do a slight change to the food daily. Like from noodles to fried rice, or porridge etc.

The shower in the room is not very good. The water heater will take while to heat up. Also, the water temperature will turn from hot to cold or cold to hot as and when it likes. :) If you get used to the temperature, you will be fine.

At the rate and location you are paying, this is one of the good location hotel with cheap rates.

Unique Quality: No facilities

• PS_Lee81's Profile Photo

City center + riverside experience...

This hotel is located near the city center Ratchadamri main road, where the world trade center is... it is about 5 minutes walk to the Ratchadamri road. From there, it is easily accessible to Big-C shopping, newly-constructed i-Setan shopping center (as at July'06), Siam Paragon, Siam Tower, etc... all of the latter 3 shopping centers are situated side by side of each other, so maybe it is your shopping paradise. The nearest Skytrain is Chit Lom where it is about 15-20min walk... but you can use the river boat as a transportation where it is just about 30 steps away from your hotel door.

oh about the hotel... i rate it as average as most of the facilities and room are just around average. I read about the small cockroach problem from other VT members. Firstly i thought those members were too fussy. But when i returned to my room in the evening of my stay, i found out there were really a lot of small cockcroachs around the table and cupboard. I murdered all of them... hahahah.... but the same thing happened on the second day.... then i found out that maybe it was because the hotel located too close to the river, where the cockroach really come from... my advice to all: stay away from the hotel near to the river...

the breakfast is nice too... A lot of local dishs served. But you will get bored if you planned to stay for a long period...

Unique Quality: near to city center and riverside, that if you wanted to experience the water boat as your mean of transportation

Directions: Head to the norh of the Ratchadamri main road. Stop at the bride after the Big-C shopping center at your right. Right before the bridge, there are stepways down to the water boat station. Try to ask people around as the hotel is just very close to it.

• michaelr2's Profile Photo

I won't be going back!

I stayed here in April 2006 as a cheap central location for a business trip.

Whilst the price and general location are fine the hotel is down a pretty sad looking soi opposite what appears to be a brothel.

The rooms are not too bad but not terribly clean and a bit run down. The beds in my room (a twin) were incredibly hard - like sleeping on the carpet. A mini bar, cable TV, aircon controls and telephone complete the luxury inclusions.

You can't walk out the front door of the hotel at night without being mobbed by touts wanting to sell you sex.

Unique Quality: While staying here I was unfortunate enough to have my drink spiked, not in a dark bar but a Subway sandwich shop!

Somehow I was abducted and taken back to my hotel room. I am told the hotel staff allowed two women to take me to my room without checking ID. I was robbed of about $7,000 in cash and belongings.

When I reported this to the management the hotel refused to call the police and told me to walk to the police station (I had no money). When the police did a half-hearted investigation the hotel lied to the police and told them that I "often" stayed there and "always" took prostitutes and so they were not to blame. They then "lost" the security video and charged me a surcharge for a late meal as I had missed the inclusive breakfast whilst unconcious in my room.

The hotel had no insurance.

I won't be going back!

Directions: Near World Trade Centre but in a seedy back street

• only_amethyst's Profile Photo

Clean, budget n easy access to all directions..

The location of the hotel is hidden away from main road though opposite to the popular Centre World Plaza, the rooms are bit old but clean. The rate of room with breakfast was only US$20+- for twin sharing and I got them online. Facilities n amenities are limited but worth money for those have tight budget, near many shopping complexes n street markets. There are stalls selling all kinda stuff along two sides of the main road, it begins early morning about 8 till middle of the night...

Directions: Opposite to Centre World Plaza

More about Bangkok City Inn

Bangkok City InnBangkok City Inn

by Juzlina

this is my second visit to bangkok and this time 3 of us are going together. I've stayed in Bangkok Palace before and now we decided to stay in Bangkok City Inn as it is cheaper. Is there anyone who have stayed there before?..how is the hotel ...clean?...and is the floor carpeted?im just so particular abt hotel rooms n of coz the price, so i hope you guys can help.thanks

RE: Bangkok City Inn

by BMJ77

Hi
I haven't any info on bangkok City inn but I am interested to hear your thought on Bangkok Palace as i am staying there next year. What is it like and is it hard to reach by public transport?

Comments