Bangkok Palace Hotel

See Amenities
touraco's Profile Photo

Not very convenient

by written on June 28, 2007

My first hotel in Bangkok. Personally, I do not find this hotel convenient because it's not near any BTS station although it's near some shopping areas.

The room is a bit small for my liking but on the whole pretty ok.

A pretty decent hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 7, 2007

After reading a fair few negative tips for this hotel , I was pleasantly surprised . I understand the location not being ideal for some as it is a good ten minute walk to the main shopping area of Pratunam , but as my business was there it was suitable for me . Also as is the way in Bangkok at rush hour , getting a tuk~tuk at certain times was hard...infact one suggested I walked to my destination as it would be quicker , I did and it was , so a good tip from the man .
The rooms were very clean with tea & coffee facilities , cable tv and comfy beds . Breakfast was included and the choice was good and all cooked well .
For me the only drawback was there was no view to speak of , but it didn't stop me peering out at night at the lights of Bangkok

Unique Quality: Great staff...polite , helpfull and eager to please . Nothing was too much trouble , all I can think is the people who had problems with the staff weren't respectful of them to start with .

Directions: By the expressway but no noise . Right next door to the D'Ma Pavillion

A Hotel That You Shouldn't Visit as a Tourist...

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 27, 2007

The MOST WORST STAY that I had in my life time... I am from Sri Lanka and visited Thailand on 19th to 22nd April, 2007 with my family and a group of friends with their families. We booked everything including hotel and our tours including transport from my travel agent in Sri Lanka and the entire tour was done by Thai Airways under Royal Orchid Holiday Packages.

We booked 3 rooms (2 doubles and 1 single). The room numbers were 1245, 1247 and 1221 respectively. On our departure date (22nd), we were allowed to wait and the check-out time was 16:00hrs. My friends checked out at 13:55hrs and they were near the cashier to hand over the keys. But, I got late for 15 minutes to check out from the room and came to the cashier to hand over the keys.

At this time, we all were asked to pay 500BHT extra as the delay charges for ALL 3 ROOMS, which was really unfair because it was only me and my family got late to check out and not the others. I agreed to pay 500BHT for my room. Then there was a huge argument with the cashiers. Out of 3 cashiers 2 were very AROGANT, NASTY and UN-ETHICAL. They were arguing with us and screaming. In fact they told us to "Shut up" and listen to them.

We told them to call the Tourist Police. At that time also those 2 ladies told us "if you want call the police, we don't care". Even their own Tourist Police of Thailand were treated in that way.

Luckily, The Operations Director of Bangkok Palace was near by and he over heard the entire story. He intervened and asked those 2 nasty women to shut-up and not to talk to the customers that way. He also ruled her to charge only 500BHT for the late check-out for 1 room only.

Thereafter, those 2 nasty women cashiers took 500BHT from me and at the same time they were stirring at us and biting teeth. That's because of the anger that those 2 nasty women had with us and for over-ruling their word by a higher authority of the hotel in front of us.

THEREFORE, I HUMBLY APPEAL TO ALL OF YOU, GO TO THAILAND, BUT DO NOT BOOK OR STAY IN THIS HOTEL...

Unique Quality: Unique Qualities? The Nasty, Violent, Barbaric way of treating Visitors, Tourists who comes to Bangkok. The Reception and the Cashiers DOES NOT know HOW TO TALK TO THE CUSTOMERS, at all.... They need proper training or need to sack them immediately and get well disciplined, educated, more customer oriented front office people....

Furthermore, the 2 nasty, barbaric type women cashiers were arguing with their own Operations Director and said that they CAN'T do that. Then the Operations Director told those 2 nasty women cashiers that he is ordering to that way and for the 2 nasty women cashiers to follow the instructions as he commands.

I assume that the hotel does not want tourists to come to this hotel by these acts....

I have reported this matter to the Tourism Authority of Thailand and to Tourist Police.

According to the replies, they are investigating on this matter very seriously.

Therefore, PLEASE DO NOT STAY or GO to this Hotel.... Find some other hotel is THE BEST...

Directions: I won't Direct any one to go to this hotel, who does not know to treat the guests, tourists or visitors by the front office officers....

stevemt's Profile Photo

OK Hotel

by written on April 21, 2007

I stayed here my first trip to BKK

I enjoyed it, the food was good, the service good and as per normal the staff very friendly.

about 5 mins walk from the pratnum shopping area

freezer61's Profile Photo

Bangkok Palace Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2006

very poor location with office blocks on two sides a goods yard on the third and a railway and an elevated road on the fourth...

not so much of a palace

Pimilan's Profile Photo

Beautiful lobby

by written on October 21, 2005

This hotel dating from 1981 is next door of the D'ma and Empress hotel and walking to Pratunam. Beautiful lobby in thai style and standard room. Choice of restaurant and large pool, good service. For few year it was a "Mercure" hotel.

Unique Quality: Good location and service.

feine84-'s Profile Photo

Value for money

by written on July 11, 2004

I spent four nights at the Bangkok Palace Hotel and got the best deal at asiarooms.com -- about USD25/night for a double room inclusive of 2 American Breakfasts. This is a 3* hotel located within walking distance of Pratunam Market but other than that, it's really quite out of the way. It's not particularly near any skytrain station, and I found myself getting around via taxi and tuk tuk most of the time. The service I received was average (it was good, but nothing outstanding) and the facilities were decent, though I didn't really use them. The rooms were clean and of international standard, but the walls were rather thin -- I was woken up early in the morning by my noisy neighbours!

If all you're looking for is comfort and some luxury, then the Bangkok Palace Hotel is for you.

Unique Quality: The only thing particularly interesting about this hotel was the mini market right at its doorstep -- foot massages were being offered even at late hours and my boyfriend's mom, who tried it, found it extremely good (and it was cheap too!).

Directions: near Pratunam.

J_P_B's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, but difficult location

by written on May 13, 2004

We got put onto this place by some travellers we met in Australia. Apparently it comes highly recommended by STA Travel. We booked through their website to take up a special offer which allowed us a free upgrade for staying 3 nights or more. As it turned out, when we arrived, they'd never heard of us and they gave us the upgrade after 3 nights! The manager was pretty rude about this, especially for a Thai. The rooms themselves are clean and comfortable. We had no problems on that level and generally the staff are pretty friendly. Our main gripe was that we had to get taxis everywhere and that the taxis in the hotel were hugely overpriced, meaning that we had to gone and run the gamut of touts and rip off merchants that try and pass themselves off as taxi drivers, who lurk outside the place. Usually, we had to flag down 3 taxis before finding one who would use the meter and then we once got ripped off by a guy trying to take us to the airport first, so you can see what an immense pain it is being so far from the underground, the skytrain and all the tourist attractions. It's frequented by a lot of Thai business men and I think with good reason as it seems to be set up as a business hotel. having said that, we were quite satisfied with our stay.

Unique Quality: It's got a pool and spa which is refreshing after a hard day's humid Bangkok nonsense. Also, there is a half decent restaurant and the bar is OK. You can also get a proper Thai massage on site, although it is a little pricey. Rooms come with TV and aircon.

Directions: It's a few blcoks from the World Trade Plaza

M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

Pratunam Area

by written on September 24, 2002

A 3*** star hotel situated in the Pratunam area. Used to be called the Mercure Hotel Bangkok. You should visit it's visit for a review of the hotel but book it through another website. The cheapest i found was 950baht/night.

Unique Quality: There is a pool and u have a great view of the expressway! Lol!

Nearby Bangkok Palace Hotel

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews