Be My Guest Bed and Breakfast

Ratchadaphisek Road, 212/4 Nathong1 Lane, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand

More about Bangkok

The boat of our cruiseThe boat of our cruise

give back the snakegive back the snake

On the way to PetchaburiOn the way to Petchaburi

Street shopping in BangkokStreet shopping in Bangkok

skytrain to airport

by darlaf

Hey,is skytrain running from airport yet? Certain hours that it runs? How long to town? Thanks Darla

by Curt1591

The "City Line" operates 24/7, has 5 or 6 stops and terminates close to Phayathai BTS. At this time, all fares are 15 baht. Not sure of during of trip, maybe 30 minutes.

The "Express Line" has no stops, runs like 6 am to 1 am (I believe), now costs 100 baht and takes 15~20 minutes.

by SirHalberd

Right now the Airport Rail Link ride from Phaya Thai will take around 25/30 minutes, depends a little on if it is crowded or not. Takes longer to load and unload passengers when it is crowded. I have done a few trips on it and it is okay. It will meet up with the Skytrain at Phaya Thai. Right now I think it is only running to midnight and after the first of the year it will be all night long. The Skytrain stops at midnight right now anyway. A price of 15 baht is a good deal! There were a few taxi cabs at Makkasan stop around midnight when I used it the first time and both the Ratchaprarap and Phaya Thai stops have taxis passing by pretty often. Taxi from these final 3 stops to the Sukhumvit Road area will be around 60 - 70 baht by meter taxi.

They are still working some bugs out but I thought it ran pretty good. Located on sub basements at the airport. It is below floor one where you have the meter taxis and the Airport Express Bus. Getting off at Makkasan reminds me of a football field. Lots of large open areas. Between Phaya Thai Rail Link and the Skytrain they have completed the little connecting ramp so it is not a difficult task to get between the two overhead rail services.

Good luck.

by SirHalberd

One hotel that I noticed right at the Phaya Thai Skyrain stop was the Florida Hotel. Only around 5 minutes from stop to front door of hotel.

Link: http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/time-table-route.html

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Departure Tax -- 500 Baht per person

by volarevolare

Remember to have enough Baht left to pay your departure tax!

There are ATM machines in the airport, but these machines are NOT available once you pass customs.

So, if you plan to do any Duty-Free shopping inside, use your credit card, or change currency inside.

Monk Watching

by Jmill42

I am not sure if it is considered rude, but no one told me different, and they had many opportunities to. But, I loved watching the monks go about their rituals. I truly think that it is not a problem, as I was in plain view of these guys, and they never told me a thing. Just be respectful, and I think you can pretty much do what you like (see my temple etiquette for definition of respectful here).

Anyway, they perfrom all sorts of prayers, some chant, others just walk around and greet everyone with a smile. Such peace and harmony emit from these guys.

Another Tour
This tour takes...

by suraphona

Another Tour
This tour takes you to the world famous bridge on the
River Kwai, built during World War II by the prisoners
of war. The bridge is located near the town of Kanchanaburi, 130 kms west of Bangkok. You will visit the two well- kept cemeteries,which contain the graves of an estimated 9,000 Allied soldiers who lost their lives while building the bridge and constructing the notorious 'Death Railway' which the Japanese had hoped to stretch all the way to the Burmese (Myanmar) border. Nakorn Pathom's pix of the highest Chedi in Thailand called 'Phra Pathom Chedi'.

Lovely Bougainvilla grows all over

by RoseAmano

Bougainvilla seem to like to grow like wild weeds in hot tropical weather. I've seen them in Dominican Republic, Okinawa (Southernmost Japan), Bali, etc.

On the other hand, Junichi's grandfather used to work hard to raise them in Hiroshima.

If you are Aussie, and you are a vegemite eater...

by thedouglas

I have taken to buying a tube of vegemite for trips to SE Asia. This has usually been because I miss it if I am away for a lengthy time, and the only spreads at breakfast over there are usually jams. However, on my most recent holiday, I had some prolonged gut ailment - and vegemite on toast was a very soothing food to eat at this delicate times. I also recall my mother making vegemite drinks - mixing it in hot water when we were sick. Did not need to resort to that.

Comments