Bel-Aire Princess Hotel

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great Service

Fantastic Hotel, Although this is only described as being 3 star it is much more like a 4/5 star hotel, all staff couldn't do enough for you.
    The rooms were very clean and spacious with free safe deposit boxes in each room.

Unique Quality: It has a roof top pool on floor 3 and our room on floor nine looked over it.
    It was our honeymoon and staff put a beautiful cake in our room on arrival.

• polopolo's Profile Photo

good location

Very comfortable and clean hotel, with friendly staff and everything you need.

Unique Quality: Nice pool on the third floor very local to all the nightlife. 500mtrs from the sky train and in a great locality.

Directions: Directly off the main Sukhimvit Rd

• clouds111's Profile Photo

Great hotel

The hotel is in the perfect location in the District of Sukhumvit. Just 5 minutes walk down to the skytrain station (Nana) which takes you to the centre of town, although not all the way to the old part where the temples and Grand Palace is located.

As for the hotel, you immediately realise how efficient and friendly the staff are. After checking in we headed up to our room to find that another couple had already been allocated that room and unpacking their things. But before we reached the front desk to sort it out the reception staff were already aware of the problem, apologised and upgraded our room to the 12th floor without us saying one word! Brilliant!!

The room was large, modern and spotless. The bed was huge and comfortable, slippers and bath robes were provided, tea/coffee, minibar. The panel next to the bed controlled the air-con, tv and lights without more then a stretch of the arm. For me though the best point was the view over the city, we would sit there every morning staring out of the window.

There is a pool on the 3rd floor although we had no time to use it and it appeared to get little sunshine during the day.

The restaurant area looked nice although we chose not to eat in the hotel. There are plenty of cheap breakfast eats in the area, including the supermarket cafe over the road. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance too.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, perfect stay!!

Unique Quality: View from our room

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Tranquilty in a hectic city

The Bel Aire Princess is a great place to stay. Located down one of the side roads (Soi) off Sukhumvit Road, it is only a short walk from Nanas monorail station.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area, as well as a 7 Eleven located on Soi 5 almost opposite the hotel.

The hotel itself is well laid out and like many hotels of this nature offers you a free cocktail on arrival. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to assist us in any way they could, arranging taxis and a car and driver to take us to Sri Racha.

Unique Quality: The pool is on a terrace above the main entrance and seems to be quiet during the early morning and early evening - wish I had more opportunity to use it!

Directions: Take the monorail to Nanas and then walk the short distance down Sukhumvit and turn onto Soi 5.

• Trailfinders booking

We booked this hotel with Trailfinders in Dublin for our first nights accomodation in Bangkok.It cost about 20 each for two people for the night. The hotel itself was fine-clean and pleasant. On arrival, we recieved a welcome drink, and vouchers for another complimentary drink and discount in the hotels Tiffin Restaurant. Breakfast the next morning was a huge disappointment- quite expensive, buffet style. So even though i only wanted some toast and tea-i had to fork out something along the lines of 450 baht! The street on which the hotel is located was possibly one of the smelliest in all of bangkok, and i felt sick every time we stepped outside the hotels doors- not a great way to spend your first few nights in a new city.

Unique Quality: Complimentary water was provided to us. A safe is provided in each room for peace of mind. The mini-bar came in handy when i woke at three in the morning and couldn't sleep.

• mightywease's Profile Photo

Bel Aire Princess

The Bel Aire Princess is described as a "boutique" hotel. Now, I don't really understand what "boutique hotel" means but my idea of a boutique is a rather self-important, consciously elite place staffed by unfeasibly trendy and finicky people who wouldn't allow the likes of me through the door. Happily, the Bel Aire is none of those things.

It is a comfortable, welcoming hotel in a great location. We arrived on an early flight and our room wasn't ready, however, the desk clerk was more than happy to take our bags and offer us complimentary coffee while we checked in. Indeed all the staff were extremely charming and helpful. The public areas are elegantly but understatedly decorated. There is a small bar (open until midnight) and a restaurant/breakfast room. We didn’t eat there but it looked very pleasant.

The rooms are large with very comfortable beds and extremely effective air-conditioning! They are perhaps a little sparsely decorated - a few more pictures on the walls may have added a bit more character. The bathroom was small but clean with a bath and shower. There is a mini-bar and tea and coffee making facilities - great for my morning cuppa!

The swimming pool is quite small - and very cold! - but a nice place to sit and relax.

The Soi (Sukumvit Soi 5) upon which the hotel is situated is very quiet and has the advantage of being near a number of bars, restaurants - Sukhumvit is a great place for nightlife - a Foodland Supermarket (with it's fantastic food bar), and the Nana Skytrain (a five minute walk).

We enjoyed our stay immensely and if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel I would certainly recommend it

Prices for a room range between 85 to 90 USD - 48 to 53 pounds sterling per room per night

Unique Quality: The location is great

Directions: Towards the end of Sukhumvit Soi 5

• rich104's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Sukhumvit

I've stayed in this hotel twice now and such is the package that I will return in the future.

Located 100 meters off Sukhumvit Road, you walk into the recently refurbished minimalist foyer. The bedrooms are large, bright, nicely furnished and clean. Huge windows give great views over Bkk (other buildings) and an airy feel. TV, mini bar (free bottled water daily) and coffee making equipment. En suite was fine.

Staff were always smart and professional although reception could be a little more engaging and friendly (this was 2003).

Never ate in the restaurant but room service was great. I had delightful lobster which was not only cheap but served with an Orchid.

Unique Quality: This hotel is good value for money. Can easily be booked through the internet but I used Travelmood in the UK. Care if you book direct as they may offer you (high) rack room rates

I've not yet made it to the pool but looking out from my window it looks fine!

100 meters down the Soi is Foodland, a 24/7 supermarket and cafe. Brilliant for a freshly cooked nibble at 4am. Always busy. Cheap

Directions: 5 minutes walk from Nana skytrain station so easy travelling to all the main areas.

This area of Sukhumvit is always busy but very much so in the early evening when the stall holders and food sellers really get going. Great fun.

• billy67_uk's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel

have stayed here several times and really like it.Close to MBK by skytrain.Friendly staff and resonable rates for 4 star hotel.Also close to the Bamboo Bar on Soi 3,Nana Plaza,Soi Cowboy and all the shopping malls

Unique Quality: Pool is on the 4th Floor if my memory serves me right.Quite a small pool but good pool side service.

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

My (2nd) Favourite place to Stay in BK

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and many of my friends have also stayed there and enjoyed it. I got a special deal where if you booked three nights you got the fourth free. It is in a great location as it is just off Sukhumvit road and therefore in a good position for the skytrain.

The room cost approx. £24:00 for a double with air con, satellite TV, mini bar (useful for storing your own goodies in!) and tea/coffee making facilities.

Soi 5 has lots going on in it. For breakfast I would go to the Foodlands supermarket where they serve food 'Diner' style. Breakfast here is cheaper before 09:00.

** Update Since I wrote this the hotel has dropped the 'Princess' from the name and has had a bit of a makeover...have a look at the new website Belaire **

Unique Quality: The hotel has a pool, gym, coffee shop, restaurant and 'piano bar'. The best thing is that they have a 'cocktail of the month' (which is always a tuk-tuk cooler). The cocktail is served in a ceramic tuk-tuk (nice hey!) and you get to keep the tuk-tuk!

The hotel staff are very good and the 'hotel experience' felt four star after 3 weeks of living in beach bungalows!

Directions: Downtown. Very close to the expressway (handy for getting to the airport fast).

• jrs1234's Profile Photo

A favourite hotel

This is my favourite hotel in Bangkok, mainly because I enjoy a real bargain! The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean and I really like the location. While the rates for this hotel have gone up in the past year or so, if you shop around it's still often possible to get a room for around 2000 baht a night or even less, and it's well worth the money. The rate you get direct from the hotel may not be as good as those offered by booking agents, but it can be worth calling to check, particularly in low season. You should book ahead as it does fill up sometimes.

The hotel has recently been renovated, and the lobby now has a smart modern look to it - the room I was in had been upgraded too.

It's part of the Royal Princess group of hotels, a well-run Thai chain.In the UK, both Trailfinders and British Airways Holidays offer good rates for this hotel.

Unique Quality: It's a reasonable 4 star-ish hotel - there's a pool and gym (neither of which I've got round to using!). If you're interested in cooking Thai food, they also run a quick (1 afternoon) introductory cooking course. There are also a couple of restaurants, and room service is at reasonable rates, too.

Directions: A short walk from Nana skytrain station.

More about Bel-Aire Princess Hotel

Hotels in Sukhumvit

by kltakky

Hi Guys,

Can you recommend some budgeted hotels in Sukhumvit that near train stations? Preferably USD100 or less.

Thanks for info!!

RE: Hotels in Sukhumvit

by francischris

Hol. Inn next to Chitlom Sky train stn.,around US$70 or less.

RE: RE: Hotels in Sukhumvit

by Gillybob

Bel-Aire Princess - just checked www.hotelclub.net and its advertising at USD89 per night for current rates. Near Nanas station.

RE: RE: Hotels in Sukhumvit

by Fernandocramos

I will stay in Manhattan Hotel.It was recomended by some locals.

RE: Hotels in Sukhumvit

by bkk_kd

Hi. Firstly, $100/night is NOT a budget hotel in BKK right now. It'll get you a very nice room. When my family comes to visit me, I usually put them in a hotel on Sukhumvit, often using www.asiarooms.com. On the nicer end of $100, hotels and serviced apartments (really a good choice to consider) that come to mind are Majestic Grande Sukhumvit (Soi 2), Davis (far end of Soi 24, but free tuk tuk to skytrain station), Mayfair Marriott and Cape House (latter 2 on Soi Langsuan). At the not as nice but decent end, check out Grand President and Manhattan. Enjoy.

Comments