55/8-14 Soi Charoenkrung 42/1, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• DarkRay's Profile Photo

Great Value Accomodation

I have stayed at a number of hotels in Bangkok before, and Bossotel Inn has to be the most value-for-money hotel I have ever stayed at. Considering its price during my time of booking (US$42 per deluxe twin room per night in October 2006) I was surprise at how nice and new the hotel actually looks. Usually, Bangkok hotels within this price range are old, musty and badly-maintained.

Even more surprisingly, the hotel actually has a very nice lap pool and a fitness centre (consisting of basically a multi-gym). It was not a lot, but for a hotel that rated itself as a 2-star one, it was still a very pleasant surprise.

Service was good, but their staff should try to brush up on their English a bit because otherwise, trying to communicate with them on anything topic beyond their basic domain (i.e. reception issues) was quite a challenge. I tried to get directions from them to some places, but either it was that they had problems understanding what I had asked, or that I had problems trying to comprehend their replies. Still, they did try and were very sincere in their service.

The only minor issue I can fault the hotel was that probably in a bit to keep the cost down, some common areas such as the corridor leading to the rooms were non-air-conditioned. But that was okay.

Unique Quality: Usually on my trips to Bangkok, I stay at the cheapest room at my hotel of choice. But I decided for this October 2006 trip to just give myself a little treat and so upgraded all my rooms during that trip to that of the next best tier. So instead of booking the superior room, I booked a deluxe room. Unfortunately, they were out of twin rooms and so had to assign me a double bed instead. Since my travelling companion was good buddy of mine, it was not so much of an issue.

My first impression upon stepping into the room was "lots of space". It was kind of immediately apparent, because unlike my stay at The Davis Bangkok, they did not try filling up the space with additional furnitures and just leave it as that. I had never stayed in a hotel room (even suites) with so much space before and so it felt kind of weird, but it was a nice kind of weird.

The location of the hotel was superb and within a 5 minutes walk from Saphan Taksin BTS Station. Being located near the Chao Phraya riverfront, this also meant easy accessibility to the Chao Phraya Express Boat. In fact, one of the piers was located right next to Saphan Taksin BTS. So basically, getting around, whether by riverboat, BTS, or taxis, was not an issue at all. There was also a Robinson Mall (at Centre Point Silom) near it for your basic shopping needs.

Just a short 3 minutes walk out of the hotel, there were also tons of locals shops and eateries to keep you occupied and amused. Some of the street food were really delicious!

The included breakfast was quite basic, but did included a nice range of items that included American breakfast fares such as ham and various toasts to local delights such as fried noodles and stir-fried items.

Directions: It is near Shangri-La Hotel.

• lindaloo76's Profile Photo

Loved it

Great hotel, great location, we were able to get a taxi/tuk tuk to whereever we wanted to go as we were so conveniently located. A taxi to Kohsan Road was 73 baht and a tuk tuk to MBK was 100 baht. The staff were really helpful and we were upgraded on our return to the hotel as they had overbooked our room. The pool is small but everything else is so good that it doesn't really matter.

The beds are really comfy and the shower in the upgraded room was really powerful and really spacious. Will defo stay here again. I recommended this hotel to 5 friends who booked in on their return to BKK too

Unique Quality: Convenient location, friendly staff

Directions: If you are giving a taxi man directions, tell them it's beside Shangri La Hotel, they all know where that is but aren't sure of Bossotel

More about Bossotel Bangkok

Loved the Bossotel

by TripAdvisor Member MMeell

We stayed at the Bossotel for 4 nights at the beginning of March. We arrived from Australia on a very late flight and our room was ready and waiting. The hotel was fully booked - so we were very grateful for no stuff ups. We booked through [--] and got a great rate - cheaper than any of the other websites. 1550 baht for a superior room. In hindsite though a standard room would have been just fine. Our room was huge, with king size bed, window overlooking the wat across the road. We found the road noise - not to be a problem, it is much noisy at my own house then the this. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and we enjoyed it every morning, heaps of selection. We also tried out the pool and loved it - it is a long narrow lap pool - and great for a soak after hitting the pavements all day. The hotel is very close to the BTS Skyrail and River Ferry, plus there were always tuk tuks and taxi's around. You can walk to the Patpong night markets - where we found places to dine each evening, as the area inrelation to food mainly seemed to have local noodle shops. On our last day, they stored our bags for the day and allowed us to use the shower in the spa to let us freshen up prior to the night train - providing towels and tolietries to do so. Great experience, I would definitely stay again.

Had a great stay at the Bossotel

by TripAdvisor Member Laurajct

We stayed at the Bossotel from 7th - 10th April 2007.

Was very impressed with this hotel considering we paid £22 a night which included breakfast.

The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. First hotel in our trip that we were actually given a double bed. The air con worked fine and was much needed after a day out in the city.

The bathroom does leave a bit to be desired, but the shower worked fine and the place didn't smell. So for the amount of time you actually spend in the bathroom, it was fine!

We didn't have a great view, but being in Bangkok, i wasn't expecting great views and i have to admit, we didn't hear any noises from outside at all. We were in room 704.

We made it up for breakfast one day and it was very nice. Buffet style with various breads/cakes, bacon, sausages, tomatoes etc plus a variety of Thai foods.

We didn't actually eat much here, just had a burger which was very tasty, but the food was cheap.

Had a massage here too which is located on the 2nd floor and you get 10% discount if staying at the hotel.

It's located close to the Skytrain and river ferry. There wasn't a great deal around this side of town, so would recommend you take the transport and go further a field to explore.

Overall, had a great stay here and would stay again.

Very happy with our stay at Bossotel.

by TripAdvisor Member keversole

We booked through the Sawdee website, which we found saved us quite a bit of money - do a google search and try it for yourselves.

The Bossotel was an excellent value. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The spa was great for a bargain priced Thai massage, but for anything more I'd go elsewhere as the prices go up dramatically for facials and western style massages, yet the spa itself isn't that fancy for what you're paying. The breakfasts were great with lots of options and quality food. I'd absolutely stay here again!

Not bad and worth it's money

by TripAdvisor Member Littlemisstourist

We chose to stay at this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. A nice budget hotel, it reminded me of a slightly classier version of a Travelodge back in the UK. The room was large and clean with satellite TV, a big comfy bed, fridge and complimentary drinking water. We paid for a superior room as this was the only one available BUT i wondered into an empty standard room and the only difference seemed to be the fact that there's a small couch and flowers in the superior room - so not really worth the difference! Didn't go to the pool but the hotel seemed to be full mailnly of families. Breakfast wasn't bad and the location was perfect for the river taxis. Staff were ok but not particularly friendly. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, we were also ripped off by the hotel taxi service who also charged us 300 bht which was at least twice the price! ALWAYS USE METERED TAXIS IN BANGKOK!!!!!!!!! My one small quibble which had nothing to do with the hotel was that when we got taxis and tuktuks back to the hotel, the easiest way to describe the location (as none of the drivers were familiar with the location) was to mention the Shangri La - at which point their eyes would usually light up with an "ooooooh five star, big money" comment - so we probably got ripped off on a few occasions! No major problems though and I would happily recommend the Bossotel Inn.

OK, but it has seen better times

by TripAdvisor Member nicmclee

We booked the hotel over the internet and stayed for three nights in the Bossotel which is conveniently close to SkyTrain and boat pier.

We stayed in two rooms since on the first night they had only a twin room for us and we moved into a double room for the next nights.

The rooms are very spacious and altogether looked like the Bossotel has been a business hotel before. The room interior was nice and clean but everything seemed to have its high time maybe ten years ago.

The breakfast buffet was very good and offered a lot of varieties.
Internet has to be paid with a rate of 80 Baht/h.

The stuff was nice and helpful. The page even ran to the main street to get a taxi for us to the airport.

Great Value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member MollyBrownOttawa

We stayed there twice. I thought it was terrific and would certainly return. Everyone we met there was also pleased. We met a couple who were staying at the fancy Shangra La ($300/night) down the street and came to the Bossotel to eat as it was cheaper and friendlier . Next time they would stay at the Bossotel.

The pool is small but warm and clean and often we were the only ones in it. The first room we had was small and COLD - could not control the air con but the second time we had a large one facing the temple. The Bossotel is in a great area - close to t he sky train and river boats. The staff is friendly and speak English. Taxi drivers can find it as it is close to the Shangra La. There is good shopping near by from fancy tourist shops who sell to the Shangra La crowd to a great dept store ( Robinson's) where you do not have to bargain. I got beautiful children's clothing there.

The travel agent woman ( name Lynn?) is great - nice, helpful and knowlegable. Book something from her.

Regarding taxis - always use a metre - make no exceptions and never let any hotel tell you otherwise. But even with a metre the airport is 300 baht + 65 baht for tolls so 500 is steep but not crazy excessive and if there was a big traffic jam it might have been a bargain.

We do not go on any holiday looking for luxury - we are there to experience the people and places. However, the Bossotel is a good more than basic hotel with great breakfasts, ( the home made granola is delicious as is the raisin toast and fancy omlettes) large towels and a bathub. Those are my marks of luxury . The welcoming drink with a orchid is just a plus!

Nice entrance, old rooms

by TripAdvisor Member pjsson

Lets start with what is good with Bossotel. The location is good, close to cloth markets, food vendors, a big super market, skytrain and boat to the castle. The price is not bad either. You get two free bottles of water per day you stay there. The entrance is very nice and the breakfast buffet is OK. The staff was very friendly.

The rooms however are old and need some serious renovation. Our first room had small ants and some black stuff coming out through a hole in the wall in the bathroom. We complained and got another room with no ants, but same hole in the bathroom and a big water damage in the ceiling which caused the whole room to stink from mildew. Back to the reception and they gave us a third room to look at which didn't have any obvious problems. The room was cleaned every day.

I would not stay at Bossotel again, but if you are lucky and get a room with no ants or other problems you are in for a bargain. The price for the rooms are very good.

There aren't many restaurants in the area. We tried the Blue Elephant which had nice atmosphere but the food was not worth the bill. Our favorite restaurant in the area was Ban Chiang.

Good Location/Bad Service

by TripAdvisor Member traveltrooper

We stayed at the Bossotel for five nights in March 2007. It is in a central location and there is easy access to the river boats and skytrain. We wouldn't recommend this hotel for several reasons: The rooms are tired and the towels were worn out. The staff are not friendly and we were ripped off as the front desk insisted on charging us 500 bht to get to the airport by taxi. The pool is so narrow it looks like a lap pool. I don't normally use the pool at a hotel but after a hot day in Bangkok you will appreciate a swim.
The rooms were not well insulated. Bring earplugs.

Bossotel Inn or Zenith

by stephanc

Hi guys,

I'm down with these two hotel, mainly because their proximity to BTS, supermarket and of course their rate. I didn't include Asia Hotel as i have bad experience with their rude staff.

So if it you, which one you prefer ? any experiences/comment on them ? thanks a lot.

by darlaf

I have not personally stayed at the Bossotel but I love eating at their restaurant-it's one of my favorites. I have seen the rooms-they look pretty decent. The location is excellent, only takes <5min. to the Skytrain. Across the street is my favorite place for a massage-250 bt.for an hour-I've been going there for the last 4 years and will go again in March.Bossotel also has a cute little bar and 3 computers to check email. Hope this helps-Darla

by zazatann

It's hard to make decision.
I like Zenith as the room is bigger and they just finish renovation which it must be better now. But the atmosphere of Bossotel Inn are surrounded by local market and more real about thai than Sukhumwit rd. location which is more for tourist.

Well, I think I'll take Bossotel Inn then.

by homafan

I prefer to stay in Bossotel.
I have been there 2 times.
Suggest you to stay in Superior room. The standard room is small.

by stitch27

Hi,

You already know 2 hotels is not same area ?
I prefer Bossotel Hotel located at silom area and easiely to take BTS,rooms were clean,nice staff and good breakfast.Reasonble price hotel.

Cheers.