265 Khaosan Road, Taladyod, Pranakorn, Bangkok, 10200, Thailand

Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Buddy Lodge

If your wanting to stay on Khao San Road I don't know if there is a better place than Buddy Lodge. The lodge, which provides internet, tattoo, suit shop, McDonalds (for hung over mornings), video games, bar and much more, as well as a nice pool and comfortable rooms in a great location. Staff is helpful. Site is safe. Really a great choice.

Of Course you would never support a McDonalds unless there were no other available options or were queezy in the stomach

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

The lodge is now a hotel

Renamed Buddy Boutique Hotel after a relocation and a gentrification from its humble roots, this hotel is still regarded as one of Khao San's best mid-range options. In more ways than one, the renaming and upscaling of this Bangkok institution - along with higher rates, of course - is reflective of Khao San's evolution from a haunt of budget backpackers to a party place that attracts a broader range of patrons.

Despite the overwhelming presence of a Macdonald's restaurant at the entrance (anotehr sign of westernization of Khao San), the interiors speak of 'old world' ambiance complete with wooden window shutters, faux antique lamps, and a large, comfy wooden bed. The hardwood floors are another source of delight, so is the generous breakfast buffet. Other amenities include a rooftop pool and a well-regarded spa, both of which I never got to use. Good value at USD 60/night.

• Freindly Staff- Helpful Travel Services

The staff at Buddy Lodge were really friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to help me and make me comfortable. I stayed at the Buddy Lodge my last night in Bangkok. I had my wallet stolen, in a different area of town. I was really upset and worried I didn't have enough money to get to the airport. The staff at the Buddy Travel Agency, in the lobby down stairs, helped me get to the airport on time and made sure I had enough cash to get there. They we're life savers!

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had character and air conditioning. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast with a view of Khao San Road. It’s a bit pricey for student’s like me. But I definitely recommend staying here.

Even if you don’t end up here, check out the Buddy Travel Agency if you are in the neighborhood. You can book a shuttle to the airport with them that is very cheap, only 150 Bhat ($4) versus the 400-600 Baht for a taxi.

Unique Quality: It had a great pool on the roof, but I didn't end up using it.

Directions: Khaosan Rd near the grand palace, historic wats and the river.

• great hotel at great price!

We just got back from bangkok and stayed at buddys lodge. It was excellent for the price, the staff were very friendly nd helpful and it was right in the middle of the action!!
    The rooms were big and clean, bed was great, bathroom was clean . We would definitly stay again and recomemd this hotel to everyone.

Unique Quality: Pool looked great altho we didnt use it, rooms were great, breakfast was great too good selection.

Directions: Just look for the mcdonalds and your at buddy lodge!

• Great hotel in Bangkok

Great place and air conditioning! I was very pleased with my stay at Buddy Lodge and it is just off Khao San Road. Staff was friendly and the room was great. My stay included a buffet breakfast. I would definitely stay at Buddy Lodge if I were to return to Bangkok.

• Nice Boutique Hotel on Khaosan Rd

I stayed at Buddy on four separate occasions in the last few months. The staff were very accomodating and friendly -- and the pool was great, a nice touch. The rooms are a touch expensive at about $40-60 but it is the nicest place on KSR.

Unique Quality: The pool was great. The "superior deluxe" room might not be worth it unless you plan to sit on the terrace, but they don't have much of a view.

Directions: Khaosan Rd

More about Buddy Lodge

Khao san luxury

by worldwidenomad about Buddy Lodge

I am definatley not a luxury travaller, however whenever I leave thailand I always spend a couple of Days in Khao san Road and always in the buddy lodge botique hotel.

This is definatley the best place to wind down.

A twin room is 1800 Bt pn, or 1300 Bt pn if you stay for a minimum of 3 nights.

The decor is old colonial thai and the rooms are always spotless.

The staff are always friendly and very helpfull,
infact this may be my faviroute hotel in the world. The swimming pool on the 5 floor is a definate feature of Buddy lodge.
It takes you a million miles away from Khao san. It is all done out in wooden decking and sourounded by dry stone walls.

All rooms have air con, T.V. and a safe.

They also allow you to leave your luggauge safley behind reception when you check out at 12am until you say leave to the airport at 12pm.

Also there is the huge brick bar at the back of the builing that always has quality jazz, blues or funk playin from a live band. On the weekend the place is packed with students and travellers alike and is well worth a visit, even if your not staying in the hotel.

A great boutique hotel

by sulla about Buddy Lodge

I desperately was looking for an alternative to Kho San roads' cheap, but horrible backpackers hostels and the city's good, but impersonal hotels and resorts. I found what I was looking for at Buddy Lodge on Kho San road. This boutique hotel offers a sense of serenity on this otherwise busy street, with a British colony decor, reasonably large rooms and good service, breakfast included. The pool on top of the roof is great!

Cheap in Banglamphu, Bangkok, Khao San Road

by discoem about Marcopolo Hostel

The hostel is 250 or 300 baht depending on the size of your room. It is a rustic stay. We arrived late at the airport, so we headed to Banglamphu (the backpacker area) with the intension of going to Buddy Lodge. Buddy Lodge was booked.

It's located on Khao San Road not too far past Buddy Lodge.

The room had cement floor a sheet covering the matress and a shower in the room. There was no hot water. The following day, we switched to a room with hot water. It was a smaller room, but they still charged the large room price. The second room did not have a window. Since we didn't have an alarm clock, we awoke very disoriented (and suffering from Jet lag).

Khao San Road is open late at night. For the price, it was okay. I would recommend it if you are looking for a cheap stay. Bring your own towel and sheets. Check to see if the hot water works.

The famous Khao San Road

by jrs1234

The Khao San Road (pictured here just before an enourmous downpour of rain, hence the gloom) in the Banglampu area of Bangkok has everything a budget traveller needs, and it's close to the main sights, too. There's even a branch of Boots (a UK-based pharmacist chain), handy for sunscreen, shampoo etc. Lots of cheap guesthouses, restaurants (which often show English-language videos while you eat or have a drink) and shops and stalls selling lots of stuff for backpackers. But whisper it gently, the Khao San Road is drifting towards catering for mid-market travellers too - the new Buddy Lodge hotel is a prime example of this. There's even (shock) a branch of McDonalds there now....

Buddy Lodge in Bangkok

by gealsie

Do people rate the Buddy Lodge in Bangkok? First time in Thailand and travelling on my own. I think it's got air con but their own web site doesn't seem to specifically say. Cheers for any feedback.

RE: Buddy Lodge in Bangkok

by thompson100

We have stayed at Buddy Lodge quite a few times and would recommend it. It is very central to everything in the area and also has a nice pool as well as air con and ensuite.

Hope this helps.

Theresa.

RE: Buddy Lodge in Bangkok

by cheaptourist

Just now they are having a "special" rate of 2200 baht + 10% tax. This is far too much for this area (Backpacker) of Bangkok. This would be a good price if it were in another area. You can stay in a more upscale area for this price. However, if this is the area you want, try " Sawasdee-Hotels.com". They have basic to moderate hotels with aircon for one quater the price of Buddy Hotel. Why pay for an expensive hotel when you will be out most of the time?
Almost all hotels in Bangkok are very clean, even the cheap ones, because labour is very cheap. The money you save on cheap hotels can be spent on entertainment.
Dave

RE: RE: Buddy Lodge in Bangkok

by magics

I have never stayed at Budy lodge but I have a booking at Swiss Park hotel, sukhumvit. I will a booking at Swiss Park Hotel Sukhumvit for the similar amount and that includes BF, VAT and service charges. If u r interested in shopping and be in center of tourist area u may consider it?

wish u a pleasant trip

RE: RE: Buddy Lodge in Bangkok

by gealsie

Hi Dave
Thanks for that good advice.
Which area or hotel would you recommend? Guess I'm looking for clean/air con in a safe central area, moderate to budget price.
Thanks again