Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok

1695 Phaholyothin Road, Chatuchak, (formerly Central Plaza), Bangkok, 10900, Thailand

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 57% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Internet Reservation

On Internet reservations, pictures of the hotels and rooms may be misleading. The pictures may seem much better than the reality. I made my reservation from accorhotels WEB site. The picture shown on the WEB page and reality is not same. Sofitel Centara's rooms are too old. And the picture was shown on the Internet was Sofitel Centara's room. I don't know why Accor Hotels let such cheap tricks to be done.

The prices (dinner, breakfast, room service etc.) extremely high compared to Bangkok daily-life.
    They charged 3300 baht for a few sandwiches and a few beers. They charged 2000 Baht for the airport-shuttle where taxis are 500-600 Baht.

• Aquacraig's Profile Photo

Near Chatuchak Markets

This hotel is great. Its starting to show a little age in its rooms but they are comfortable and clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
    Recommend the dynasty level floors and dynasty club.

Unique Quality: Adjacent to the Central Plaza shopping centre....walk from hotel to shops in 3 mins.
    This hotel is great for business travel. There is a nicely equiped Gym on the ground level.
    The Thai restaurant is very nice here ( almost western prices though).
    Breakfast buffet on ground level is the best !

• Randjie's Profile Photo

TOURIST TRAP

MY wife end up staying 3 nites instead of the 11 plant.
    We were offer a upgrade , at check in, to the Dynasty club for a additional 32 usd.
    Do not Buy it or even better do not stay here at all. IT is a scam. You will end up paying
    a high price. I paid for 3 nites 270 USD and than cashier transfer this into 282 euro.
    They refused to specifi the bill and blame it on the automatic system that makes the dollar higher than the euro.I am filing an official complain with the general officce of ACCOR hotel
    cause i cannot believe nor accept that this is their official policy like the assistent manager want me to believe. BEWARE and AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST.

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

Complete hotel

I check-in with family and the staff was really heplful.Large lobby and large choice of restaurant. Room was large with view on the garden. Nice bathroom with a chair and bathrobe.Large garden with thai restaurant and lovely pool, even 2 tennis court. Designed by Interdesign architects in 1980, they made the Shangri-la and the Novotel siam square too.

Unique Quality: Good babysitting, direct acess to the large Central Store, really large garden. BTS station is not far.

Directions: On the way to rhe airport, after the Tai airways buiding

More about Sofitel Central Plaza Bangkok

Sofitel central plaza Bangkok

by trav4bus

On July 24,I am leaving for BKK for an exhibition .Initially,I will stay at silom road.
The exhitbition will be in the Sofitel central plaza hotel, chatuchak on July 27, 28.
I am planning to leave silom road on july 27, and check in sofitel for July 27,28.acn check out from there on Jul 29.
then I will go to any other hotel for my remaining stay in BKK.The main reason to stay in sofitel is that i can take rest while going to my room during the exhibition.

I donot know about the hotel, I see the reviews on swadee.com. The fresh reviews in this year are not satisfactory about this hotel.

So please advise me in this regard,
I will look forward to advice especially of those memebers who hav e stayed there.

P.S The room price is 78.00/night superior...US$84.00/night Deluxe.
Thanks in advance.

Tahrim

RE: Sofitel central plaza Bangkok

by thisit811

Sofitel Central Plaza Hotel lacated in the onr of booming district at Lardproa Plaza Mall. Great location, convenience to exit to the airport and MRT nearby.
Try another web site to compare their rate & the reviews.
To me, when I go to Thailand I used www.precisionreservations.com or www.asiarooms.com to book my hotel in Southeast Asia. I used Precisionreservation more because I could get my points to reedeem my award later for a free hotle night or discount. www.sawasdee.com is fine too I used them only one time.
Cheers,

RE: RE: Sofitel central plaza Bangkok

by trav4bus

thanks for reply.
but the question is ,, do the hotel worth for US$84.00??

cheers