Centre Point Silom Bangkok

Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Good hotel, bad location

The Centre Point Silom is a very good apart-hotel. The room was large with a nice view to the river, with all you can need including a washing machine or things for kitchening. We had some problems with the AC but nothing is perfect. Very good breackfast.The staff was OK, very polite and helpful. About the location: Normaly is a good one,just 5 minutes to the skytrain and 7 min to the river bus . From the hotel you can enter directly in a shopping mall and nearby is a fruit market . The problems is the neibourhood and the taxi transportation. It was difficult to find taxi drivers to get us there. I don't know why but they wont to go there or they are asking a double price(??). Once, in the evening we spent 2 hours in a taxi for the 5 km from our hotel to the Baiyoke Tower. Practicly, every evening we have a problem with the transportation. So if you choose this hotel be prepare to use just the public transportation. Or ,maybe we had a bad luck. The other problem is with the street merchandiser, too many in the evening and too bad smell.
    So, the hotel is very good, not very expensive but the next time I'll stay in the Central Area.

Unique Quality: Very good breackfast ,nice pool, good staff .

Directions: express boat to the historical centre and skytrain to the modern centre

• mccrorj's Profile Photo

Excellent quality for the price

We really enjoyed our stays in Centre Point. So happy were we with it that after travelling around SE Asia there was no hesitation in re-booking on our return

Unique Quality: Breakfast, included in price, was top quality both european and chinese. Nice little pool for a end of day dip. The gymnasium which I used everyday was good having enough equipment to keep me going. Loved the fact that the hotel sat on top of a department store which meant buying snacks and drinks a real breeze.

• dd99's Profile Photo

Centre Point Silom

Great place - for once the hotel looked like the website picture !

The hotel is ideally situated a few steps away from Saphan Taksin BTS station and 100m from the Saphan Taksin riverboat pier. The building also contains a Robinson's department store.

We took a one-bedroom apt, with riverview. The kitchen was smallish but adequate, the living room huge, as was the bedroom and walk-in closet... The fixtures are mostly wood and showing their age, but only a little. Nice TV, DVD system. Breakfast was not bad, the gym is adequate, the pool is small but beautiful (visit at night).

What stood out is the service - I am well-travelled, but have never seen anything like it. We asked for an extra towel and it was there within minutes. I had a problem with the internet connection at 2am and within 5 minutes a technician was there ! We also asked for the hotel to arrange a babysitter which was good (200B an hour).

Unique Quality: Location is great, service second to none.

If you are there, got to Robinson's, up to the top floor - there's a small food court and a very cheap massage place - didn't get a chance to go but it looks good...

Directions: Some taxi drivers don't know the place - tell them to go to Robinson's Bang Rak. Note that it is not actually in Silom - but in Sathorn...

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

An affordable luxury

I spent one night at Centre Point Silom and the experience was excellent. The rooms are really appartments, and their size is incredible. Ours was at least 70-80 square meters, with everything you can wish, including a complete kitchen, a very good adn well appointed bathroom, DVD, TV in both rooms (living and bedroom)... Centre Point Silom is located by the river, although not directly over it, like the Royal Orchid Sheraton or the Shangri-la, but in a second row. Skytrain is just next door to the hotel, and also a Chao Phraya Express pier, which made it very convenient. Restaurant is suprisingly cheap, considering the quality of the hotel (thai dishes are about 100 bahts). Nice swimming pool area. Breakfast was included, but I was sick and I didnt have it. We booked a city view room and were freely upgraded to a river view. My brothers room was on 21 floor and the sights were amazing. Robinson department store is attached to the hotel and we found there quite good stuff for our last minute shopping. I highly recommend this hotel, because I would stay there again for sure.

Unique Quality: Pase una noche en el Centre Point Silom y la experiencia fue realmente excelente. Las habitaciones son en realidad apartamentos y su tamanho es increible. La nuestra tenia al menos unos 70-80 metros cuadrados, con todo lo que uno puede desear, incluyendo cocina completa, un banho muy bien provisto, DVD, TV en ambos cuartos (salon y dormitorio)... El Centre Point Silom esta situado al lado del rio, aunque no directamente sobre el, como el Royal Orchid Sheraton o el Shangri-la, sino en una segunda linea. El Skytrain está justo al lado del hotel, y tambien el muelle del Chao Phraya Express. El restaurante es sorprendentemente barato, considerando la calidad del hotel (los platos thai cuestan unos 100 bahts-2 euros). La zona de la piscina esta bien. El desayuno iba incluido, pero estaba enferma y no lo probe. Reservamos una habitación con vistas a la ciudad y nos mejoraron gratuitamente a una con vistas al rio. La habitacion de mi hermano estaba en el piso 21 y las vistas eran alucinantes. Los grandes almacenes Robinson estan pegados al hotel y alli encontramos material para nuestras compras de ultimo minuto. Recomiendo mucho este hotel y volveria a alojarme alli seguro

Directions: At the river end of Silom Road

• trisanna's Profile Photo

Bangkok's great secret

Centre point is nota an ordinary hotel, but a serviced apartment right in the middle of the Silom area of Bangkok. I have stayed here twice, always wonderful. You can either get an apartment with a river view (highly recommended) or save a few bucks and get the city view. This is especially good for families or friends-since the room is quite large and you can easily get an extra bed or have them sleep on the coach.

There is a great buffet breakfast included in the building. Also pool and gym. Staff is very friendly.

The location is tops. The serviced apartment is located on top of Robinson's department store (also supermarket located below the store) and is a 5 minute walk to the sky train line-saphan taksin station. Also, the central pier station or tha sathon is right there. This is great-since you can easily take river taxis or the chao phraya express boat to wat arun, wat phra kaew and other sites.

The hotels that are located in nearby (right behind Shangri-la, Oriental etc.) are all over 100 usd a night. We paid 85 usd for a large one bedroom apartment with river view. Some floors have carpeting while others are hardwood.

I think you can book the hotel through their website or at www.hoteltravel.com

Directions: nearby BTS Skytrain Saphan Taksin

• anne_vdns's Profile Photo

One Fine Service Apartment

Since I am a rookie travel in abroad, I may not be a good authority to this field. But, the people here are very warm & responds to our needs in a timely manner. Breakfast is buffet style with a wide variety of food. I love their omelletes and fruits.

Unique Quality: I must say that the Centre Point is stratigically located beside a mall - The Robinsons Mall where everything you need is available. Just a short walk away from the Saphan Taksin station of the BTS.

Directions: right beside the Robinson's mall, a short walk from the Saphan Taksin Station of the BTS

More about Centre Point Silom Bangkok

Excellent standards

by TripAdvisor Member clairedoranuk

Went to the Centre Point Silom for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon. The first impression was great and the staff are really friendly. The location is close to the sky way and river stop.
Would reccomend definately.

Fantastic weekend in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member jdouglasfur

We really enjoyed our weekend at Centre Point, Silom. The apartment had absoutly everything we could possibly need.
There was also a department store just next door which was really handy for takeaway food etc.
Fantastic breakfast choice at Centre Point, quite incredible actually. Nice & quiet but in a good location for getting around.

Great hotel !!!! I recommend it

by TripAdvisor Member krol44119

hello

First of all sorry if my English is not perfect, but I am French

We stayed in Centre Point Silom a few weeks ago and it was really a very good hotel.
We had a two bedroom huge flat (with 3 toilets, huge closets everywhere? 3TVS etc...)
CPS is close from BTS station and Boat Pier
The staff was very nice and efficient.The security guard even "escorted" me with me to the Post office !!
The restaurant is very good, at nights we usually were the only people to eat there, I do not understand why as the food was very good and fairly priced
The swimming pool was only for us, most of the time, nobody around !!!
The only drawback is that in this area, at night, there are not many local restaurants around but as the hotel restaurant was good, we ate there for dinner
To sum up, CPS is a very good hotel, I can only recommend it

Excellent find in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member monsey-moo

We arrived late after a long flight from London, the hotel is only about 40 mins from the airport, the check-in was smooth and the reception staff very friendly. Our room was huge - more like a very large flat (we even had a dressing room!). Hotel is in good location and has a Robinsons store attached with bureau de change, supermarket, mcdonalds etc. Breakfast selection was good, restaurant area overlooks the lovely pool. Room was very clean everyday and really did tick all the boxes for us. Would definately revisit if we come back to Bangkok again.

Fantastic place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MLFB

I booked my stay of 3 nights through Asia Hotels at a good rate.. No problems with check in and my studio room was spacious and lovely. The staff was unbelievably attentive. even though some of the staff do not speak much English I did not find this to be a problem in any way; they go out of their way to help. A couple of the desk clerks seemed a bit snooty but were still helpful.

The location is excellent with easy access to Skytrain, many restaurants, shops and the river. I would definitely stay here again.

If I was pressed to come up with any complaint at all it would only be that the dryer takes forever and does not dry well and that saying that every room has a river view is a stretch. I could actually see a bit of the river in the distance form my room but would not call it river view. But those are 2 things that don't mean much and my stay here was one of my best while visiting Thailand. Fantastic value for the price, especially in this area of Bangkok.

Advice on Centre Point Silom Hotel

by Kim1170

Hi,
My husband & I will be travelling to Bangkok in December (first time) and were wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Centre Point Silom Hotel, especially the location. How far is it to the Temples, Lumphini park & Kao San Road? Is it worth staying there or do you have other recommendations?
Thanks so much!!

by Curt1591

In my opinion, the location is excellent.

It is located very near both the BTS skytrain and the Sathorn Central express boat pier. This gives you east access to downtown and the riverside sights.

Plus, It's not so pounded by the touts that prey on tourists.

by Kim1170

Thanks so much for your reply! K.

by bkk_kd

Just happened to be there yesterday. Since location seems to be your main consideration, you'll be pleased to know that location is about the best to be said about the CP. It is 3 stops by BTS from Lumpini Park, and you can take a water taxi to Wat Po, Wat Phra Kaew, and to a pier that will be a short taxi ride to Khao San. Don't know your hotel budget so it's hard to compare CP against other hotels, but this forum is filled with hotel recommendations and their prices. Please take a look at some of the earlier posts regarding hotels, and for the December prices visit the web sites of those that interest you. Note that December will be high-season, assuming that there is still such a thing these days.

Have a good visit to LOS.

Comments