28 Charoenkrung Soi 70, Bangkholame, Bangkok, 10120, Thailand

Costs 54% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Chatrium Suites Bangkok- A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner

Six Star Experience at a Five Star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mahalo595

I recently had the opportunity to stay at a new hotel in Bangkok, the Chatrium Suites located on the Chayo Phraya river. It was one of the best hotel experience I had in a very long time. From the moment you arrive to the time you leave, they treat you as if you are the only guest in the hotel. They have a very friendly and experienced staff that anticipates all your needs. Their one bedroom suites are exceptional and of course the river view is fanatastic. I had initially booked for 3 days but enjoyed my experience that I extended an addtional 3 days. A very good value.

Wonderful time, attentive & friendly service, great rooms and huge pool.

by TripAdvisor Member skipping_girl

We stayed here for 4 nights, with 2 adults and 2 young children. We prefer to stay along the river in Bangkok, it is away from the hustle and bustle, and is fun to get about on boat taxi's. Now that we have small children, we searched for riverside suites with 2 bedrooms, and that is how we found Chatrium Suites. It was just what we needed. The rooms are modern style, well equipped and cosy. Beds very comfortable. Good buffet breakfast. They kindly allowed us to check out late, as our flight departed at midnight! Our kids loved the 35 metre pool. We will definitely come to stay again.

An excellent 5 star hotel with a stunning location

by TripAdvisor Member mikeje

Just returned from an all too brief 3 day stay in Bangkok at the Chatrium suites, following a week long beach holiday in southern Thailand.

This is a new 5 star overlooking the Chao Phraya river and the centre of the city from the south, just 500m from the Taksin skytrain stop, to which the hotel offers a complementary river boat trip taking just 4 minutes and leaving every 15 minutes. The views from the dining room, swimming pool and suite balconies are just superb, particularly at night, when the lights of the city and its many skyscrapers are spread out before you. I especially enjoyed an hour one evening sitting out on the balcony of our suite, sipping a G&T as a dramatic thunderstorm passed over Bangkok.

The rooms are excellently equipped and spacious and the decor very tasteful. The staff are most welcoming and eagre to help you enjoy your stay, forthcoming with ideas for things to do, all explained in very good English.

I have nothing other to add to the already-posted, thorughly positive reports. I can only suggest that it's very much worthwhile paying the little bit extra for a suite with a riverview.

Exceeding Expectations makes this one a HomeRun!!

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaPtoAventuras

When the airport taxi driver didn't know where the hotel was and no one answered the phone number listed on my internet reservation, I began to formulate a plan B. But then I thought that this is a new hotel, maybe the taxi drivers don't know about it yet. And of course, Thailand is the land of service so the taxi driver continued calling people with his cell phone until he found the number. Which, by the way, is: [--].

We arrived to the hotel located on the beautiful Chao Phraya River and the super friendly concierge whisked my luggage up to the room while the front desk attendant, Siripani assisted me signing in. She accompanied me to a beautiful two room suite that even included a mini kitchen and personally showed me the particulars of the room. Too bad Chatrium Suites wasn't here when I came to Thailand for cooking school last year. That kitchen would have been handy.

Not only did I enjoy a beautiful river view from my room, looking out to the Bangkok Bridge, I also had a spacious balcony where I could sit out and enjoy the early morning and late evening breezes.

The restaurant was good, the gym excellent with a variety of new, clean equipment and a sauna. I didn't get a chance to use the pools as I was only here for three days and getting over jetlag at first. They did look interesting... one presumably for laps, another like a big outdoor jacuzzi and the other appeared to be for children.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location is superb as is the service. And the price is right. I adore the Chao Phraya river and the hotel makes it so easy with its shuttle service every 15 minutes at peak hours to the Sky Train station just five minutes away. I just wish I had more time in Bangkok to really hang out here.

A beautiful sanctuary amidst the chaos of Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member Apahsara

We cannot say enough good things about the Chatrium. The staff were incredibly generous and accommodating--they literally seemed to anticipate our every need.. Our suite had utterly stunning views, and the rooms were very beautiful, wonderfully spacious, and perfectly clean.
The hotel is on the river and has its own private boat that shuttles guests (free of charge) to the dock by the Skytrain, where you can also take ferries to other points along the river. It's in a great location relative to other interesting places.
It's also very convenient because there is a 7-Eleven right next door.
The Chatrium truly felt like a home away from home--we loved going there at the end of a long day wandering around the city because we knew we could relax completely in peace and quiet. And we're going to stay there again when we return to Bangkok this week!

Tip: For great, reasonably-priced food, try the food court at the Paragon Shopping Center, on the Skytrain line.

OUTSTANDING!!!

by TripAdvisor Member just4funinmelb

AMAZING!!! From being greeted by name upon arrival to the last morning when I received a packed breakfast for my journey the airport, I was very impressed and will definitely come and stay with you in the future.

Every member of your staff that I had any contact with was outstanding. No request was too difficult and each staff went beyond my request to ensure I was looked after.

In particular your Front Desk assistant that went above and beyond the level of service one could hope for in any hotel. In particular, I was very stressed as my phone had broken and I had no way of contacting a good friend in Bangkok. Not only did she call the telephone company to search for his number, she made extra calls on her own, to attempt to find the contact details, with a positive result. I can only begin to tell you how surprised I was at this extra service. It was more like the help of a friend than that of hotel staff!

The hotel design and amenities is exceptional. Though very modern with clean architectural design, the colours used by designers have allowed for a warm and comfortable setting. I absolutely loved the room and the bed was just like at home. I had no trouble falling asleep!

The pool itself was wonderful, as was the setting and as was the restaurant for breakfast. Try the Thai Omelet! Definitely the best breakfast meal I had had.

In closing, I want to tell you that I will sharing my experiences with a number of friends that are regular business visitors to Bangkok, in the hope that they can enjoy the same experience I have had.

The hotel is just minutes by Taxi to Si Lom, or you can take a 5min ride on the hotel's courtesy boat to the Sky Train. The only thing is being a new hotel, no taxi drivers knew it. But the hotel staff have a handy wallet size slip with a map and hotel details in Thai & English.

I look forward to my next visit!

Beyond my expectation.

by TripAdvisor Member PH333

This was my first trip to Bangkok and am glad it started with Chatrium.
The staff were excellent with the prompt and friendly services rendered.
With the hotel being beside the great Chao Phraya river was magnificent and adds to the romantic charm of the place.
Keep up the great work!

Quality and pleasure

by TripAdvisor Member tsopanos

After cancelling my first hotel I decided to look again through trip advisor for a hotel that will fullfill my expectations.
Then I realized that there was this hotel by the river with views and nice enviroment,ok I said I'll try it.
After booking the room I contacted by email Mr Chatchawan Napawan and I requested two personal favours wich he granted immediatelly without further question.
"That's when they say A good day starts from the morning"
I arrived at the hotel for a five nights stay and I was amazed,a grand room with beautiful river views tastefully decorated but most of all CLEAN.
I am not difficult to please but this was beyond my expectations,everything was working like a clock,restaurant,cleaning dept,the river boat,the reception,everything.
The first two nights because of the jet lag I could not sleep well but it did not bother me at all,I spent every hour gazing out the huge window at the river and the city lights.
All staff very helpfull everything I needed they tried the best to please me,even when the boat was leaving and I was late they would return to pick me up.
Location was perfect,last time I was in Bangkok I had a hard time because my hotel was in the middle of nowhere,Now with the boat service and the skytrain and the river boats so close I realised how much I had misse seeing the last time because of this.
My main worry was how to get to the hotel from the airport,not trusting the taxi drivers,I took tha A1 express bus and asked the driver to stop at Sala Daeng BTS station from there I took the BTS to Saphan Taksin,then I walked to the hotel,but I believe if I knew I could have gone to the river at the pier and get picked up by the hotel's boat.
That is if you don't carry more than one suitcase.
The trip back to airport was arranged by taxi called by the hotel's reception and it was really cheap,335 baht including tolls,and it took 25 minutes to airport.
So don't hesitate if location is unknown to you,It's much easier like it was for me.
Thanking everyone an Chatrium for my amazing stay there,hope to return some day.

Promising but not upto the mark

by TripAdvisor Member pheerakarn

This place is good value if you want to spend your holidays in a serviced apartment. All facilities are pretty much available but I had horrible experience with the in-room dining. I had ordered dinner at 9:00 pm in my room and asked how long will it take to be delivered. I was told 'only 15 mins sir'. The dinner was delivered only at 10:30pm and after 3 phone calls from me. Apparently they had fewer staff and my room number was mistaken.I had the cold dinner and wondered how the management is letting a good place go to waste. Will not be back till service is five star.

luxury stay in style

by TripAdvisor Member voyagerEast

After a beautiful holiday in Koh Chang my wife and I spent 5 days in Bangkok for a trade fair and some business contacts. We found the CHATRIUM on the internet and decided to try this new hotel.
When we arrived a friendly lady took us straight up to 9th floor for an “in suite” check-in. All the staff we had contact with were exceptionally friendly and helpful and attentive. When using a taxi, the doorman looked after that the driver understood our destination and has the meter switched-on and upon returning he even checked that no belongings are left in the cab.
The CHATRIUM is situated directly on the Chao Phraya River side and has its own pier. From there a regular and complimentary boat shuttle connects to the main pier at Taksin Bridge where one can take the Skytrain or public boats to destinations in the city or alongside the river. For lovers of the river – as we are - it is an absolutely great and perfect location. Very convenient also a 7-Eleven and Starbucks next door.
The suites consist of a spacious living room with large flat-TV screen and a kitchenette corner with fridge and sink - perfect to prepare the sundowner in proper style. A balcony with chairs and table and a Bathroom with separate generous shower. The bedroom surprises with absolute stunning view on the river and the city. And the bed was the best I ever had in a hotel. All perfectly clean and fresh.
The elegantly designed and perfectly situated restaurant offers breakfast and lunch. The CHATRIUM provides a large fitness center, which we only had a look in. The pool and the Jacuzzi pool guarantee wonderful refreshment after return from the city.
My wife and I were very impressed, we really liked the CHATRIUM and would definitely recommend it. Our tip: book the river view suites; it’s just exceptional.

Tourist BoatTourist Boat

Victory PointVictory Point

BTS Skytrain Phaya Thai StationBTS Skytrain Phaya Thai Station

Asoke in BangkokAsoke in Bangkok

Hotel on River-favorite booking sites

by darlaf

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the Chatrium Suites on the River? Looking for a river hotel <150.00US with a shuttle boat-favorite site to book a hotel would be great too.Thanks again-Darla

Re: Hotel on River-favorite booking sites

by yvr

Have good success with the following, or you might try the hotel direct.

www.agoda.com
www.asiarooms.com
www.asiatravel.com

Re: Hotel on River-favorite booking sites

by GracesTrips

Well, I don't know if it's in the price range but we stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton and it was great. The dock for the boat taxi is right next to the hotel and the hotel provides a boat to the nearest metro station. Very convenient. I did use agoda.com to book the airport hotel on our last night and it was cheaper than the hotel's own website. I didn't pay for our room at the Sheraton (my boyfriend did) so I don't know what the cost was. Have fun!

Comments