Conrad Bangkok

Agoda.com Conrad Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• lolo5's Profile Photo

perfect services

if you are looking for a high class and very central hotel in bangkok, from where to reach all points easiklly, CONRAD is perfect; been there from April 1st until today April 4th 2009; excellent in all ways, excellent services, super expensive food in all its restaurants, very expensive breakfast (740BHT), but all of such excquisite taste that it is really worthy!!!!!

Unique Quality: combines amazingly well thai traditions and western elegance

Directions: 1 BTS station from CENTRAL WORLD and SIAM CENETR malls, 800 m from Lumpini Park, 12 km from Khao San road, 40 min from airport on busy days........

• great place to stay

excellent hotel complete with beautiful guest relations people to escort you to your room. Has free internet, great location. I would definatly recomment this hotel

Unique Quality: has very well equiped exercise room with arobics instructor on staff, masage business accross from gym, has great bar on first floor with tpo 40 music playing.

• clear.right's Profile Photo

Conrad Bangkok - Great Hotel

Great hotel, great staff, great breakfast!
    Very nice rooms, in a central area of Bangkok.
    Highly recommended

• Very nice hotel

A wonderful 4-5 star hotel. Fantastic staff, very comfortable rooms, nice bars/clubs/restaurants. Great gym/spa/pool. Got a huge room at a very reasonable price. Connected to a shopping mall with anything you could want.

Unique Quality: Near a number of Embassies, close to shopping, within walking distance of sky train. A short taxi ride to many tourist sites. While we were there, a visible police/military contingent protected the facility due to a threat of terrorism; however, I slept like a baby each night. Oh, and there was a minor earthquake....no damage.....and I slept right through it!!!

More about Conrad Bangkok

Best night sleep

by xymmot about Conrad Bangkok

It was elegant, the club inside was electric, the poolside cosmopolitain. Breakfast serve was included and was the best I had in Thailand. The service from check in to check out was flawless. I recommend this hotel if you want to impress and spruge. The bathroom was glass enclosed with automatic curtains for privacy, if needed. It was perfect for a honeymoon get away also eventhough the in-laws came to check it out. I had a great view of Bangkok and it was so clean and the beds was larger than a King. I slept well, it was quiet and the room was well appointed with built in sette for coffee. I was impressed and stayed in many fine hotels before. I give it six stars if I could

Best in Bangkok?

by TripAdvisor Member gorpalm

Stayed at the Conrad, Bangkok in May 2005. A wonderful hotel, with Beautiful rooms and impeccable service. Four nights - two in a classic room, & two nights a corner room. All rooms spacious and beautifully furnished with Thai/Oriental touches - You KNOW you're in Thailand when you stay here. Superb furnishing touches where-ever you look, panelled walls, carved bedframe, lacquer-ware topped bedside tables & minibar...down to the elephant gift on the bed, and the rubber duck for the huge tub - Except that since it's Thailand, it was a rubber elephant! Amazing bathrooms - Classic room with iconic glass wall and rain shower; Corner room has external window by the tub to watch the world go by whilst you soak and relax. Details abound - Conrad branded water bottles, and the Thai sourced ground coffee supplied gratis at your mini-bar.
Service throughout the Conrad hotel gracious and professional - Well worth the money to organise the hotel's airport pickup as The way to start your holiday - Greeted in arrivals, you climb in the car, where they have thoughtfully laid on chilled bottles of water and chilled towelettes to refresh yourself. Upon arrival you're escorted straight up to your room for check-in. Very classy.
Service throughout the hotel tempts you to just stay in! Top quality food can be taken for granted, but service in coffee shop (great buffet), bar, Chinese restaurant and Japanese restaurant all an object lesson in professional service delivered with real charm. Spa service was again top-notch, but there are more elegant facilities at the Sheraton Grande.
Only one small niggle - pool only has sun coverage in the morning, and service haphazard in quiet periods - had to get own towels and lay out own lounger - As I said, only small niggle.
Location fine - walkable to the Skytrain station, or cabs are plentiful & cheap.
Overall, five stars at its best.

Never Again Conrad

Just returned from Bangkok. Was planning to stay three nights at the Conrad, but after the first decided to move to Peninsula. The room for price paid, approximately $145.00 for corner deluxe room was a steeply discounted rate, and still far from worth it. Having stayed in more than 14 top hotels of Bangkok, I would rate this at the bottom of the list. The staff are slow and not as courteous as at other top hotels. The pool is located in the middle of skyscrapers, thus in the shade most of the day. Poolside staff are bored and can't be bothered to assist with towels and cold water. In fact they prefer to ride their skateboard/ scooter around the pool than work. The gym is ok, but busy with local members. The locker room with sauna and steam is far too small for hotel guests plus members. Upon check out I was given a bill for a $20.00 breakfst that I didnĀ“t eat. After much confusion at the front desk it was taken off. There are too many other truly world class hotels in Bangkok to again stay at the Conrad.

Suprisingly Good

by TripAdvisor Member JessicaBN

I choose this hotel because it was close to the Embassy area, and I needed to get a visa in a hurry. I was not expecting much and I normally stay in the Peninnsula in Bangkok, however, the staff were very flexible and attentive on check in. The room was lovely and large and quite stylish, the bath tub was very nice. I paid US$135 (a lot cheaper than the Peninnsula), room service was promptly served and quite tasty.

The Concierge have at the Conrad have to be one of the best I have encountered on all of my travels, of which I do a lot.

All in all a very nice experience and I will stay there again.

Fabulous Luxury, Impeccable Service, Modern Design.

by TripAdvisor Member Lollyflashpants

I have to admit that I did not expect the Conrad to be as nice as it was. The price was much lower than some of the other hotels I considered but it turned out to be top quality! I must take issue with a previous reviewer from Hawaii who absolutely slated the Conrad. I honestly believe it is the post of a rival hotel because what he said was so far fetched and so untrue to what the Conrad is like!

We also had a corner deluxe room on the 27th floor and we loved it - what a view with a massive window from floor to ceiling overlooking the city! It was large and perfectly laid out and equipt with all you could need - a huge comfortable bed, nice TV with loads of channels, a big desk and work area, a large closet with an ironing board, laundry service bags, safe, umbrellas, bathrobes, slippers, etc. The bathroom was huge with a luxurious freestanding bathtub complete with a rubber ducky (bring bath bubbles!) and you could open the shutters by the bath and have an amazing view of the city while relaxing in the tub! The shower was great and had two heads - one on the wall and one of those 'rainshower' heads on the ceiling. There were also speakers in the bathroom so the TV or rdio music could be piped in while you showered or got ready to go out.

One of the things I loved was the 'Pillow Menu' next to the bed. They actually have a menu with a long list and description of various types of pillows you can have delivered for free up to your room. I rang a few times to try different ones and the staff were up to our room in minutes with the pillows! It's those little touches that make a difference. They also provide you with a little laminated map on a chain to go around your neck of a suggsted jogging route through the nearby park - nice touch again.

We found the staff to be extremely accommodating, friendly and quick to come anytime we requested anything. On the day we checked out our flight was not until 11pm so we had a long time to be without a room so they stored our luggage and gave us full access to the 7th floor where the pool, gym, locker rooms, sauna, etc are. We enjoyed a nice, relaxing day swimming, working out and having a nice place to shower and change so we felt great when we left. The pool was nice and we had plenty of sun out there. We did get shade bu that was when the clouds came out and they can't control that. The staff at the pool were always there with towels and free bottles of water. I can't imagine someone saying they can't be bothered to assist - they actually have a guy whose sole responsibility is to be there to assist with towels and water!

The gym was great too and not crowded at all. The minute I walked in I was given a bottle of water, a towel and then a pair of headphones that the instructor came and plugged into my machine for me so I could watch TV while I exercised. The instructors were actually advising guests on fitness programmes and really making an effort. There were also free apples and bananas on offer. Then in the locker rooms the sauna and steam room were great and plenty big. I was the only one there every time I went. They also have towels and free hair and beauty supplies in the locker rooms.

The restaurant on the 2nd floor was very tasty and the prices were very reasonable. Also 24 hour room service is great and it was served quickly and beautifully presented on a little rolling table with a pristine white tablecloth - very posh indeed.

The hotel really had a great buzz about it and was impeccably clean at all times. The design is fresh and modern and we'd stay there again in a heartbeat. We had just come from staying at some luxurious resorts in Phuket (the Chedi) and Samui (the Sala Samui) and the Conrad was just as nice but in a proper, big city, lively way. The staff are great and they are so polite.

You will not be disappointed if you stay here. I wouldn't have bothered writing such a long review if the place wasn't so great!

Fabulous Conrad, luxurious room, attentive staff

Love this hotel. We were sorry we were staying for just one night.

Easy and cheap to get a taxi here from the airport.

Warm welcome.

Large and luxurious room, with modern bathroom and tasteful furnishings.

Great atmosphere in the downstairs bar.

Comments