Courtyard By Marriott Bangkok Hotel

Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok Thailand

Experience legendary Thai hospitality at the Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok. Our centrally located Bangkok hotel is in the heart of Bangkok's embassy district and just minutes from main shopping and business areas, restaurants and the BTS SkyTrain.

• Best service in Bangkok

My wife and I just returned from Bangkok. We stayed at the Courtyard, Marriott, and I must say that the service was mind blowing. The rooms were big, beautiful bathroom, and their food service was amazingling delicious. service personnel always had smiles on their face and the door man was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I recommend this hotel to everyone! I cant wait to go back and visit.

Unique Quality: The gym was perfect, they had all the equipment I needed to workout. The pool was great and I cant over emphasize the hospitality and how delicious their food was. The hotel was a great escape after the hot and busy streets of bangkok.

• A little bit of Luxe

Our stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Bkk Hotel was amazing!
    After days of cheap and humble hostels we found an excellent promotion to stay at the Courtyard.
    We arrived there directly from the bus station, after a 10 hours ferry & bus trip from Ko Phan Nga Island. Of course, when we arrived to the hotels with our backpacks, tired and dirty we had the inmediate attention of all the hotel staff.
    It was a pleasure to stay there. Bankgkok was hot as hell by those days, so having the chance of sleep in a room with AA, and being able to swim in a cold water pool, was amazing. Anyway........ the Marriott was a great exception in my travelling routine....... After those 3 amazing nights.... a new hostel was waiting for me.

Unique Quality: Pool, AA, very quiet, clean, big rooms....... great price!

Directions: Courtyard® by Marriott® Bangkok
    155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Rajdamri Road
    Bangkok, 10330 Thailand

• bladedragon's Profile Photo

Modern looking hotel

This hotel is very new (I heard not even 1 year of age yet).
    The interior is pretty interesting and modern looking kind.
    We had an offer (corporate rate) for 1 night stay free for at least 1 night paid.
    The downside of this is rate is that it doesn't include breakfast and internet.
    Anyway the hotel is not really on the main road, but around 10 minutes walking distance to the main road and also BTS station (Ratchadamri Station).
    This station is very near to stations to Silom and Patpong area.

Unique Quality: Modern looking interior (see thru bathroom from the bed area hahaha...).

More about Courtyard By Marriott Bangkok Hotel

Amazing Courtyard

by TripAdvisor Member airplanes_trains_bus

When my friends and I arrived at the Courtyard by Marriot in Bangkok, we were immediately treated with the best welcome ever! Smiles greeted us and made us feel very much at home. The rooms were superb, very clean, big comfortable beds and three pillows on every bed! awesome! I slept like a log the first night. The toilets and bathrooms were so clean, complete with amenities and towels were changed every day. Breakfast was a gastronomic treat! Choices of Thai, English and American cuisine. Fresh juice, fresh milk and fresh fruit daily. The BTS is just a 10 minute walk if you like the exercise but they do have a free tuk-tuk to the station if you want. It was our first time in Thailand and the staff was very happy to assist us and answer our questions about getting around the city. And by the way, it was not only the staff in the Courtyard who were very friendly and accommodating, the police / guard at the Ratchamdari BTS station was also cool!! Thank you very much Courtyard Bangkok staff, I had a blast in Bangkok !! and you are one of the reasons why. Looking forward to staying at any Courtyard in the world!

Who doesn't want to stay in a new hotel?

by TripAdvisor Member dragonman64

I travel to Bangkok at least once a year and have made it a point not to stay in the same hotel twice. So when a string of new properties opened in the last quarter of 2007, I decided to go for one of them - Courtyard Bangkok in particular. I was able to secure a good rate (USD98/night) and had a wonderful one-week stay with the same.

This 15-storey hotel being less than 6 months old, everything is practically brand-new. The inviting lobby gives a modern feel without losing warmth. Front desk and bell service personnel are courteous and with basic-to-moderate command of English. The rooms are intelligently designed, with a see-through glass separating the bed and work area from the covered toilet and shower. The Samsung flat screen LCD tv gives a high-tech appeal, while the huge headboard for the king-size bed is cool and pleasant to the eyes. Yes, the bed is made of hard mattress, but I'd take it anytime over an ultra-soft one.

There is only one restaurant (MoMo Cafe) which doubles as breakfast venue in the morning and lunch/dining place the rest of the day, but this spot of the hotel can be real nice to laze away your idle time in. They also deliver delicious pizzas to your room if you wish. There is also a lap pool on the Mezzanine level, not the most attractive-looking for kids, but more than enough for adults who want to take a dip or just sunbathe under the hot sun.

My only gripes? For starters, the expensive in-room internet access (THB642 per day) should normally come complimentary.
And as for the quiet location at the end of Soi Mahadlekluang 1, the 5-7 minute walk to the nearest skytrain station or shopping malls like Erawan and Gaysorn can be tiring, especially during the middle of the day. The hotel does offer a free tuk-tuk service to the skytrain, but you can't rely on it being available everytime you're ready to leave the premises.

All things considered, I would still consider returning to the hotel in the near future, but not if my lazy-walking mom and siblings are coming with me.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member adventure523

Wonderful hotel. Great staff and excellent rooms. I loved the decor and everything was very clean and new. As for the location--- it was fine, though just note that it is such a new hotel and it is a little hidden down the street so not a lot of cab drivers know where it is. Make sure you keep the hotel card/phone number with you at all times. I give it rave reviews though-- much better than I expected for a Courtyard, this seemed like a full blown Marriott property to me.

Beautiful rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Gataca

We liked this hotel.
We stayed 2 nights. We asked in advance for a high floor and the gave us the 22 floor.

The decoration is very nice, very modern, nice design.
The staff is friendly.
All is very clean.

The Skytrain is very close. 5 minutes walking and you can choose 2 station that are close.

We didnt have breakfast at the hotel. But I noticed that it was a queue every morning at 9 am.
We had one lunch and the food was very good and with good price.

The location is very good. You can go walking to the shopping area in the downtown... 15 minutes.

Little gem, but beds pack a punch!

by TripAdvisor Member madabouttravel

We stayed here for three nights at the start of Thailand holiday. Because it's new the taxi drivers tend to have a bit of a struggle finding it so it's useful to have the address printed in Thai (most booking agents include this with the voucher). The hotel is located up a quiet side street behind the Four Seasons Hotel. As other reviewers' point out, the Ratchadamri sky train station is less than five minutes walk away and if you're particularly lazy the hotel's courtesy tuk-tuk will take you there. Not much in the way of restaurants in the area other than those in the surrounding upmarket hotels, but as you are only one stop from Siam Square in a northerly direction or one stop to Sala Daeng station(for Silom) in a southerly direction, there is plenty of choice all around. The hotel itself is brand new (opened in Nov 07 I believe) and is very fresh and contemporary. The room facilities were good but I have to say that the bed, although adorned with quality linens, was one of the hardest beds we have ever slept in - I'm not talking firm, I mean rock solid! But, I suppose, that's a personal thing. All the staff we encountered were efficient and smiley; we needed to amend our international flights with EVA air and the reception staff took care of that promptly. All in all a good hotel at a very reasonable price (think we paid around £75 sterling/night including breakfast). Not sure if I could cope with the beds again though which is a shame.

A Well-Located Contemporary Hotel - Loved it!

We decided to give this hotel a try after reading on tripadvisor that this is the newest hotel in Bangkok. Marriot's property rarely fails and I see no reason why this would be an exception.

Duration of stay: Feb 29 2008 to Mar 2 2008 (2 nights)
No of persons: 4
Rooms : 902 & 904. Highly recommend room 902 as the corner room is more spacious.
Cost per room for 2 nights : Bt7,059.64 (thru direct internet booking with hotel website)

LOCATION:
1. Extremely central & convenient if you don’t mind doing a little walking out to the main road. Hotel is off the noisy & busy main Rajdamri Road, in a lane between the Peninsula Plaza and the Four Seasons Hotel
2. Walking distance (10 to 15 mins) to Central World, Gaysorn, Amarin Plaza.
3. BTS stations : Rajdamri Station & Chit Lom. The hotel tuk-tuk provides a free lifts to the Rajdamri station and to the main road.
4. From the hotel, you walk along the local side street to cut across to Lang Suan.

LOBBY:
1. Theme: Modern, Elegant & Hip
2. Reception is professional & business-like. Personnel’s grasp of English is definitely not as strong as those in hotels like Conrad, Hyatt, Four Season’s, Sukothai, Banyan Tree (which is not a like-for-like comparison), but certainly passable for simple instructions.
3. Check-in time:12noon. Earlier check-in is subject to room availability.Check-out time: 12am.
4. For one of our rooms, we wanted Twin. Despite arriving early, the hotel was unable indicated that they are fully booked.
5. Security : Lifts are not controlled by your room access. This means that any visitor to the hotel could go up to the guests’ floors. All guest rooms are accessible via card access.

ROOM :
1. Theme is in consistent with lobby : Contemporary, Elegant & Hip
2. Samsung Flat screen TV, mini-bar, iron, ironing board, tea-making facilities, very comfortable king-size bed (I loved it !) with very plush pillows, bedroom slippers, bathrooms, Marriot toiletries, a good size writing area with glass top. Unfortunately, the hotel charges for high-speed cable access. Even for 10 mins of use at the business center of the hotel. This is something I fail to understand. The infrastructure is already in place. I have read countless reviews by guests of those hotels with similar standards, and free wireless access is definitely selling point.
3. No newspapers.

BATHROOM :
1. Use of beige marble-like homogeneous slabs makes the bathroom looks spacious & modern smart. Good size shower (note: there is no bath tub), wash area, and WC is smartly designed to optimize space without feel of being cramped.
2. The bathroom draws light from a glass partition which looks into the bedroom. You may pull down the blinds (controlled from the bedroom).
3. Good-sized clean white towels
4 Basic amenities such as toothbrush with toothpaste, hair dryer, regular shampoo, hair-conditioner, body soap, hand wash, body lotion, shower caps, hair dryer are provided.

OTHER AMENITIES
1. On the ground Floor, you will find a hip-looking Café Momo, & Business Center.
2. There is a gym & a swimming pool (more like a lap pool)
3. During our period of stay, the treatment rooms are not ready, and so the hotel recommended Spirit of Spa at Lang Suan
4. Laundry & dry-cleaning services

OTHER TIPS
1. Use the complimentary hotel tuk-tuk to get to the main road or BTS station, if you are really tired. It is actually a short walk to the main road.
2. Taxis are not so familiar with this hotel. Even if you say it is near Four Seasons Hotel, they may confused with All Seasons Hotel. So tell them you want to to Erawan or Peninsula Plaza, which are more established landmarks, and point left/right to them towards the hotel.
3. Just across hotel, if you take a short walk to Grande Centre Point, you will find COFFEE BEANS by Dao. They have heavenly cakes there. They have other food as well, but if you are planning to eat local food, I would not recommend it because you will essentially be overpaying.

CONCLUSION
1. The hotel is relatively new and obviously has some kinks to iron out. Other than that it is extremely well-located, modern & I love it because it is in the action without being noisy. It is not a five-star hotel, but a good surrogate if you are not a big fan of using hotel facilities like swimming pools. This hotel is good for adult travelers. I would not pay a premium staying here, but at the right price, this is a fantastic hotel.

Comments