D&D Inn Bangkok

Agoda.com Despegar.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

• vieviengan's Profile Photo

D & D Inn

I have been to Bangkok many times , each time I will stay in Khosan Road , each time I will stay in Rikka Inn . But this time I have no choice to stay in D & D Inn becasue Rikka Inn is fully booked .

The room that I stayed was just facing the main road of Khaosan , the people on Khaosan wont sleep until 4 am . So its very noisy , but for me I am so tired the whole day . So it dont really bother me . I have a picture showing that, the only window in my room , outside exactly its the electrical wire . I think its kind of dangerous .

The best part is for the price of 850 Bath you get to have breakfast as for Rikka Inn there's no breakfast . But they serve for breakfast its kind of boring . There will be egg everyday aand bacon and they only changing food are ( spagetti , rice , noodle ). This is the only things they served . And they only have this 3 dishes on the table , if you are late then you will need to queue for long to get your food . Make sure you go early and you get to sit at the better lacation . If you are late then you will have no place to sit or you will sit under the sun and its like sunbathing while having breakfast , really hot !!!

Another thing is , make sure you do not dirty their bedsheet or matress , they will charge you 500 baht , for thier matress or bedshet that you have dirty them . My mom did a Henna tatto and the Henna happen to ink their bedsheet . When checking out they found out then they said will charge us 500 baht which is the deposit earlier . So theres no way for us to get back the money . We told them its really expensive for a used bedsheet . But the insist that this is their rules . We told them that we wanted to ask their laundry to wash . Thay said it will not wash off as this is the Henna , and it will take them at least a day to wash it . In the end we took the bedsheet and we went to the laundry outside and ask them to wash for us . They said it will take about a day to dry up , do told them that its ok if its not dry , we just want it to be clear & clean . So after an hour we went bac to the laundry outside , everythings its cleaned . And they only charge us 40 Bath . We went back to the hotel and send back the bedsheet and get our Deposit refunded .

We are not the only one , at the reception we saw many customers are arguing with the recepsionist . Well , they know people in Khaosan alwasy go for tatoo , so they check very detail for this mistake that everyone might do , to earn our deposit .

Thank god ! I have solved mine for 40 Baht instead of 500 baht .

Unique Quality: Well , there 's swimming pool at the roof top . I think the enviorment is good as you can over look the Bangkok city . I dont go for swiming so this is not the things I am looking for .

Directions: On Khaosan Road , beginning of Khaosan Road .

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Upmarket Budget Accommodation

We stayed at the D&D Inn located in the imfamous Khao San Road in Bangkok. The D&D Inn is basically an upmarket backpackers hotel and comes with all the perks of more expensive budget accommodation including breakfast (fairly average but still OK), pool, pool bar, salon, massage centre, tour centre and comfy rooms with ensuite bathroom, TV and mini fridge.
    It is located right in the heart of all that's happening in Bangkok - of course there's all the action of Khao San road with its bars, shops and restaurants, you are also in walking distance to the main tourist sights including the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, the Museum and the river.

I would strongly recommend the D&D Inn for your stay in Bangkok.

Prices:
    Deluxe: 1100 Baht per night per room
    Standard: 700 Baht per night per room

• Clodagh's Profile Photo

D&D Inn, Khaosan Road

I know typical place to stay but it is good to get aquainted with the place. This hotel was about €6- a night each for a twin room with private ensuite and AC. Probably one of the nicer accommodations on the road with private roof top pool and bar. They will organise tours and transport for you too and the same cost as the shops specialising in them.

Directions: Ask any tuk tuk or taxi driver. It's the best known street in Bangkok.

• jacquitabanana's Profile Photo

hotel style cheap

This place is spotless and cheap. book ahead were possible, we got lucky really so close to Christmas. Apparently on Christmas they do a dinner and all for there guests.
    Right on BACKPACKER STREET, Khao san road,

Unique Quality: It has a roof top pool which is great to escape the madness.
    Also I think they were adding alot of new things when we were leaving but can't remember what

• gib157's Profile Photo

Popular inn on KO San

I only stayed at the D & D inn for one night and chose it becasue it was the only place I had heard of on Ko San Road. It was 350 b for a single room, which was good and there was a nice poola rea on the top where you could watch the madness of Ko San Road. Downstairs it was very professional and I felt safe leaving my bags down their after I checked out. As soon as you leave the door you are on Ko San so of course close to everything.

I would probably stay again but only for one or 2 night, otherwise its too expensive.

• transient_wanderer's Profile Photo

D&D Inn

D&D Inn is located on Khao San Road. Single rooms are cheap at 450 Baht per night. I booked my room last minute, so I ended up with a double at 750 Baht. I wasn't particularly impressed with the rooms, but I think they're all different, and it served its purpose as a decent place to sleep. The highlights are definitely the pool on the roof and the complementary breakfast.

Unique Quality: As I mentioned, there is a pool. However, I'm not sure it's worth booking at D&D if you'll only be there for one night, as check-out time is noon (not giving you much time at the pool).

Directions: If you walk down the street part of Khao San Road (as opposed to the sidewalk), you'll see a huge sign for D&D Inn. However, whenever I walked down the sidewalk, I missed the entrance.

More about D&D Inn Bangkok

Good backpacker lodging

by TripAdvisor Member OT2007

Located on Khoa San Rd (backpacker road). Stayed 1 night with double occupancy and was impressed with its 7th floor where anyone can go which has a great view of Bangkok at night with several shops: internet cafe, thai massage place, spa treatments, etc. This was an added bonus for backpacking! All types of people stayed here...backpackers, families, etc. but did not seem to attract people over the age of 40. Accessible from the SkyTrain. The outdoor pool on this floor was closed due to re-construction/maintenance when we stayed. My only cons about this place were that the beds in our room were like bricks- felt like we were laying on a wooden board. Also, the restaurant does not serve food after 11pm, but the bar stays open extremely late.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member taneng

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend at the end of Jun 2007 and really enjoyed the experience. The rooms, service, ambience and general feel of the place felt like the 4/5 star place that it is.
The rooms themselves were comfortable - good beds, comfy pillows, decent shower pressure and had all the little odds and ends you expect from a hotel room of this quality. Nothing "wow" but absolutely no complaints and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stay here.

Great start to a world trip

by TripAdvisor Member AoifeMN

Arrived in Bangkok at the beginning of our world trip and stayed for two nights in D & D. It was fantastic. Clean rooms with air con, free buffet breakfast included. Roof top pool where you can chill and escape the mayham of Khoasan Rd. I would highly recommend it for any type of trip to Bangkok, a flying trasit visit or a three week holiday as a place to base yourself. They also have a spa where you can get great massage, pedicure, manicure for pennies. Defo stay here.

Great Base to explore bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member Hallster101

We stayed here from 22-24 November after booking in person a week before when we stayed elsewhere on Kho San Rd (KSR)

I stayed with my wife (we are both 28) and the hotel is full of a mix of backpackers, flashpackers and famlies. Its a really good atmosphere actually. We paid 750 THB per night and that included Breakfast.

Its a great place to stay a its right in the middle of KSR tourist area. For anyone who has never seen it, KSR is the weirdest. most wonderful place with all sorts of people walking up and down all day long, where you can get pad thai for 15 THB any time and fresh orange for 20THB and a bucket of Sangson and coke costs 200 THB from a beer stall. They somehow escape the noise of KSR though I think if you were staying at the front of the hotel it might be more of an issue. Linen was clean and bathroom was decent. By far the best feature is that when you step out of the hotel and down past all the people selling suits, you arrive in the middle of the glorious KSR mayhem. Location, Location, Location Highly recommended

Comments