Dream Bangkok

10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, (formerly the Somerset Hotel), Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Agoda.com Jetsetter.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• ter1413's Profile Photo

Good Dream!

I stayed at the Dream Hotel during my first trip to Bangkok...and will be staying there again in March when I return! There are 2 buildings and I requested the one with the pool(which I ended up never using!) The lobbies are slick and have the feel of some of the W hotels that I have stayed at(Montreal/New Orleans.) The room definitely has the feel of a slick W with the blue lights/mini living room area and plasma TV. I actually used room service a few times during my 6 night stay and they food was good. It's not on the main strip but just a short(appr) 2 block walk to the main avenue where all of the vendors are daily. There are drug stores along the way in case you need to pick up some soda/vodka/etc. The room was clean and I really had no issues at all(A/C worked fine.) There is a Mac in the lobby where you can check e-mails and I never had to wait longer that 10 minutes to access. The ONLY issue that I had was when I asked the front desk to help me find a specific tailor that I had some suits made...the guy tried to steer me to the tailor affiliated with the hotel(I assume for a kickback.) I just sternly said no and the issue was no more. I guess that it is a little more expensive than standard Bangkok hotels, but not expensive compared to other places that I have travelled to. I would def recommend and will be back in March!

Unique Quality: Free e-mail access. Slick layout of the lobby/rooms. Good room service food.

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Somerset Hotel

Very nice. Set back a little way from the Sukhumvit Road so fairly quiet. Rooms are very comfortable.
    Compared to some 1000 baht per night places there is no comparison with this place. I paid 1400 baht through Asia Travel (www.asiatravel.com).
    Well worth the extra 400 baht per night.

There is one aspect of the hotel I didn't like though. Because of its location near NEP, Soi Cowboy and the infamous Thermae coffee shop the hotel attracts a lot of single males just looking to get together with one of the local hookers. I think that at breakfast I was the only male on my own without one of the aforementioned females. I understand that these guys are lonely but it looks kind of pathetic. One guy must have been about 70 (he reminded me of Grandpa Simpson) and was with a Thai girl of around half his age. He was all wrinkled and his hands trembled as he buttered his toast. The girl with him was watching TV over his shoulder and looked bored out of her skull. She obviously needed the money but her body language said that she she didn't want to be there with this old guy. Very sad.

Unique Quality: Quiet and comfortable. There is a pool but I didn't use it.

Directions: Sukhumvit Road

More about Dream Bangkok

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member dvt8

I had 3 days at Dream Bangkok before heading off to Krabi. It's really hard to find any faults with the hotel, particularly with the price tag attached - I got a really good deal with Asia rooms. On arrival I also asked about an upgrade and was able to see both rooms before making a decision. The first room was small but still a respectable size. The second room was much bigger and our preferred choice.

The only downside to the rooms which has been pointed out on several occasions, is the privacy between the bathroom and bedroom. The door slides to close whilst still having a visible gap into the bedroom.

Fresh fruit and biscuits to the room was a nice touch as was the free wireless connection. Breakfast was perfect, such a wide choice, all made to order. Croissants and pain au choc were freshly made and delicious; juices and smoothies freshly prepared and a wide choice of healthy, continental, asian or western breakfasts were available.

The staff come highly recomended and were always there with a smile and helping hand.

I'd also recommend Bed superclub which is just around the corner. Go for the Friday/Saturday set menu, you wont be dissapointed!

Uber Cool

by TripAdvisor Member richie247

We stayed at the Dream hotel for 4 nights and were not dissapointed

The hotel is in a fantastic location and oozes sexiness and class

As soon as you arrive you know you are not going to be dissapointed

A truley original boutique hotel with a plush entrance a reception area,with freindly staff,beautiful furniture and internet access

The bed rooms are modern with beautiful furniture and one of the best beds I have ever slept in.Features include a 42 inch plasma,an amazing mini bar with everything you will ever need,and slippers and robes which were a nice touch.

The bathrooms are well equiped with a great shower,quality products and plenty of towels.The only downside is that the bathroom is not as private as it should be

Although we did not try the restaurant at night,the breakfast was absolutly fantastic,one of the best i have ever had,with quality produce and plenty of choice.

We paid only £45 a night,which is unbelivable value for such a quality hotel,and we cant wait to return

Best!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SiamAustralia

Hi I stayed at the Dream Hotel for 4 days and it is one of the best hotels in Thailand. Everything is great from the helpful staff at the front desk to the 106cm plasma on the wall of your super comphy room, and the food is absolutely to die for, I recommend this hotel to all singles and couples...

Great Hotel for great price

by TripAdvisor Member travelconfessions

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. I was very impressed by the overall quality of the hotel. The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. The rooms were very modern , clean and well furnished. The beds were very comfortable. We had complimentary breakfast with our reservation. Breakfast menu had limited selection but was of good quality. The fried rice was the highlight for me. Hotel is conveniently located close to the nana and asok skytrain stations. This is not a five star hotel since it has only one restaurant and has no swimming pool. But for the price we paid we were very happy with our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.

Let me say...Khop Khun Krap!!!

by shintarojon

"New Hope, New Dream (Bangkok Soul)"

date written - April 21, 2007)

- arrived yesterday morning from Yangon, Myanmar
- stayed for a couple of hours in Sweety Guest House at THB 120.
- presently staying now with my Japanese best friend

==============
(April 1 - 3, 2007)

- arrived last night 30 minutes earlier via Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur and took public bus going to Victory Monument for ThB 34.00 instead of taking the usual ThB 150-airport bus. Stayed in my Japanese best friend's house.

====================
(date written: Nov. 11, 2006)

- got my one-way ticket (Bangkok - Manila) for 7,800 thai baht
- flight details:

Kuwait Airways
KU 411 T
13 November - Bangkok to Manila
Departure time: 1200
Arrival time: 1615

=======================
(date written: Oct. 4, 2006)

- was not able to get my china visa due to one-week chinese holiday
- have to wait till next week again!!!

===================
(date written: Oct. 1, 2006)

- back to Bangkok around 5:30 a.m.
- arrived in a very huge and new airport
- airport bus fare is now 150 Thai baht from 100
- checked-in a guest house while waiting for my Japanese friend
- check-out immediately and stayed with my friend
- went to Karaoke box with Thai friends and Japanese friend
- ate Japanese and Thai food!!!
- karaoke for 3 hours & eat all you can for 300 Thai Baht only!!!

======================

"Let me say...KHOP KHUN KRAP!!!"

(date written - June 5, 2006)

For the love you had shared yet so unfaithful..let me say "khop khun mak krap"
For being so simple, shy, naive yet so mysterious...let me say "terimah kasih banjak"
For the concern you had showed me whether it is real or not...let me say "dhan ya vaad"

For killing me softly by your silence yet so obvious...let me say "grazie tanto"
For not divulging the whole truth though I discovered it by myself...let me say "domo arigatou"
For fooling me for several years without knowing it...let me say "kamsa hamnida"

For the alibis you made yet so believable...let me say "toda raba"
For using me courageously...let me say "merci mademoisell"
For making my life miserable...let me say "muchos gracias"

Now that I accept what you did to me and for that...let me say "shokran jazilan"
Now that I am ready to end your cruel games...let me say "bohot, bohot shukriya"
Now that I wont allow you to leave scars in my heart..let me say "xie xie"

Now that I am ready to face new challenges...let me say "muito obrigado"
Now that I realized I should not really marry you...let me say "spasiba"
Now that I am ready to travel again searching for new dream...let me say "maraming salamat po"

jse/june 5, 2006