Dream Bangkok

ter1413's Profile Photo

Good Dream!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 29, 2009

I stayed at the Dream Hotel during my first trip to Bangkok...and will be staying there again in March when I return! There are 2 buildings and I requested the one with the pool(which I ended up never using!) The lobbies are slick and have the feel of some of the W hotels that I have stayed at(Montreal/New Orleans.) The room definitely has the feel of a slick W with the blue lights/mini living room area and plasma TV. I actually used room service a few times during my 6 night stay and they food was good. It's not on the main strip but just a short(appr) 2 block walk to the main avenue where all of the vendors are daily. There are drug stores along the way in case you need to pick up some soda/vodka/etc. The room was clean and I really had no issues at all(A/C worked fine.) There is a Mac in the lobby where you can check e-mails and I never had to wait longer that 10 minutes to access. The ONLY issue that I had was when I asked the front desk to help me find a specific tailor that I had some suits made...the guy tried to steer me to the tailor affiliated with the hotel(I assume for a kickback.) I just sternly said no and the issue was no more. I guess that it is a little more expensive than standard Bangkok hotels, but not expensive compared to other places that I have travelled to. I would def recommend and will be back in March!

Unique Quality: Free e-mail access. Slick layout of the lobby/rooms. Good room service food.

phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Somerset Hotel

by written on February 12, 2003

Very nice. Set back a little way from the Sukhumvit Road so fairly quiet. Rooms are very comfortable.
Compared to some 1000 baht per night places there is no comparison with this place. I paid 1400 baht through Asia Travel (www.asiatravel.com).
Well worth the extra 400 baht per night.

There is one aspect of the hotel I didn't like though. Because of its location near NEP, Soi Cowboy and the infamous Thermae coffee shop the hotel attracts a lot of single males just looking to get together with one of the local hookers. I think that at breakfast I was the only male on my own without one of the aforementioned females. I understand that these guys are lonely but it looks kind of pathetic. One guy must have been about 70 (he reminded me of Grandpa Simpson) and was with a Thai girl of around half his age. He was all wrinkled and his hands trembled as he buttered his toast. The girl with him was watching TV over his shoulder and looked bored out of her skull. She obviously needed the money but her body language said that she she didn't want to be there with this old guy. Very sad.

Unique Quality: Quiet and comfortable. There is a pool but I didn't use it.

Directions: Sukhumvit Road

Nearby Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok

• Dream Hotel Bangkok
  • Bangkok Dream Hotel
  • Dream Bangkok Hotel Bangkok

Address: 10 Sukhumvit Soi 15, Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, (formerly the Somerset Hotel), Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

6 Photos of Dream Bangkok

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews