1091/343 New Petchaburi Road, Makkasan, Rajthevee, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• vacanciere's Profile Photo

Value for money

In two years, I stayed at the Eastin Bangkok - also known as Eastin Makkasan - with my family. There has been an improvement with the quality of the breakfast buffet since the last time we were here. It's a pleasant and clean hotel!

English can sometimes be challenging for the staff, but the ones we interacted with were always trying to serve as best they could.

Some rooms may show some wear, but they are clean!

If I go to Bangkok again with my family, I know my children would want us to stay here again.

Unique Quality: Filling breakfast buffet.
    Pool, gym.

• AlettaCrofton's Profile Photo

Eastin Bangkok Hotel - Very Central

The Eastin is a comfortable 4* hotel with all the comforts needed while touring. The breakfast menu is outstanding with stir-fries, curries and much more.

• paulwf's Profile Photo

Average but adequate.

I chose this hotel because it was reasonably close to Pratunam markets & seemed reasonably priced. I thought my room was a bit dated and poorly lit - it didn't look like the photos on their website at all. To make things worse I was given a room overlooking the motorway & swimming pool so things were a bit noisy at times. The breakfast was adequate at best.

• urbanmale_tods's Profile Photo

More than a 3 star hotel!

My stay in a deluxe room was worth it. The rooms were in top-notch condition with first class room facilities and Lanna Style, comparable to other 5 star properties I have stayed in. Good service at cafe and reception. Breakfast was good, though lack of variety.

I stayed in the 20th storey, and view open out to the adjacent Dma Pavillion Hotel. I am able to see the Dma rooms, which are less than 5 metres opposite. The nearby Bangkok Palace Hotel was within my sight, though it was low rise and slightly more run-down.

Location was bad. Taxi drivers unaware of the hotel. Have to tell them next to Makassan instead. Nothing in close vicinity, only 2 hotels and a railway track. Not advisable for couples or families with kids. Nightlife in Bangkok all far from hotel, need to walk 20min to get to Pratunam, Baiyoke area. Area ard hotel dead at night, most shops are closed. Recommend you to get a hotel nearer to Pratunam or BTS.

Unique Quality: The hotel lobby is not at the first storey, hence maintaining a certain level of privacy and security.

• jillyjirbee's Profile Photo

Reasonably Priced with 4 star amenities

"We spent four nights in the Eastin hotel. The staff were friendly, but communication was difficult as with all other Thai people. Location, excellent, the view from our room was spectacular. We slept with the curtains wide open and we can see the skyway and Bangkok skyline. Tip: choose the skyway wing, you get a good visibility of Bangkok skyline at night and nice view of the pool area. The room and the toilet were huge. The breakfast buffet had variety, lots of food to choose from and the restaurant where they served breakfast had a nice view as well. Going to MBK, Siam Center or Siam Discovery was a mere 50 Baht metered taxi or the no choice overpiced tuktuk. Though Pratunam Market is not at its doorstep I wouldn't want to have a messy market view greeting me when I go out or go back to the hotel. I tried walking towards Pratunam and it was just a 10 minute walk. Take the 7-11 road. The swimming pool depth and set up was perfect and safe for my kids. The serious problems I found, other than difficulty in communicating, are the heavy smell of incense or perfume or whatever that was that almost made me puke on my first day, as well as the dirty carpet and upholstery. But I would not let these problems affect my appreciation of the accommodation. Eastin was well worth every cent."

Unique Quality: The Eastin Hotel Bangkok in Bangkok is one of the most visited 3 star hotels in Bangkok which elegantly stands at the hub of shopping and business precincts of Bangkok. This hotel is situated in the heart of Bangkok's famous Metropolitan Shopping Center offering all the business as well as leisure amenities and services that you would expect from a deluxe hotel and at its best. The Location of Eastin Hotel Bangkok in Bangkok is also well connected by major transportation links such as the Skytrain, railways as well as buses. The commercial and shopping precincts of Pratunam and the presence of several shopping arcades nearby such as the World Trade Center and the Siam Discovery Center gives ample scope for shopping and entertainment as well as business to the guests. No wonder the Eastin Hotel Bangkok is regarded as one of the most preferred hotels in Bangkok by both the business as well as leisure travelers.
    Accommodation in Eastin Hotel Bangkok in Bangkok

• icebaby0's Profile Photo

Eastin Hotel

- Clean
    - Friendly
    - Location is far (10-15mins walk) from BTS...but then again who needs the BTS when tuk tuk and meter cabs are cheap there!
    - Located where Pratunum shopping is
    - Unique that lobby is on the 2nd floor!
    - Breakfast is a large range though they can use a little change every day
    - Offer shuttle bus to train station BUT at selective timing!
    - Rooms are HUGE

Unique Quality: As mention above

• caprina's Profile Photo

Not Recommended at all

We spend 2 nights at Eastin Hotel during our 5 nights visit to bangkok, our nighmare start when the hotel did not confirm on the second night stay at the hotel. The staff looks blurred on the joint promotion held by their hotel, as if they dont organise such promotion. They did not confirm our second night stay, trying to charge us on the morning breakfast which we already pay, they did not confirm on our airport transfer. the location of the hotel is also not strategic. I would strongly recommend to book a hotel which is near to the BTS station, easier for you to shop and travel. Everytime we need to go shopping we need to walk for 15 to 20 minutes or you may opt to take taxi which may cost around 50 baht.. but you may be cought in the traffic jam.. you choice..

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo

Great hotel near the Metro Shopping Centre.

See my tip:

Unique Quality: Decoration inside the building was really Thai, great to see!!!

Everywhere gold statues and religious buddha's.

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo

The trip from Intrepid Tours includes this hotel.

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was e really nice stay.
    Friendly and helpfull employees, nice decoration (real Thai), beautiful and big rooms.
    We had a room in the top of the building with a great view at the city, especially at night!!!
    We enjoyed the swimming pool and also used the free fitness room.
    The breakfast was really good, with fresh fruits and many European choices (and Thai!).
    We found the the diner-buffet a little bit too Thais, we missed the American/European food.

But the stay was great and we really recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: The rooms are large, airconditioned, with floor to ceiling windows, private facilities, minibar, IDD phone, TV and radio. There is a selection of restaurants in the hotel offering Western, Thai and Chinese food, a nice swimming pool area, sauna, health centre, shopping arcade and even a business centre.

We really liked the view, swimming pool, the breakfast, the big room.
    Con's were the diner buffet, "big" the distance from the real tourist centre and markets.

We don't know the exact price, because we booked it with a agency including our stay at Koh Samet.

Directions: The Eastin Hotel is in a great location close to the busy Pratunam wholesale clothing markets.

Eastin Hotel (formerly Empress Hotel)
    1091/343 Soi Jururat,
    New Petchburi Road
    (Metro Shopping Centre)
    Bangkok

• Serenity is your Pillow.

Although the xpressway is right outside the restaurant's glass windows (at 2nd/3rd flr?), its ambience is peaceful and quite. Definitely not a luxurious accomodation with its gloomy storey hallways & dull upholstery colors. My room at the 18th floor can only be discribed as SIMPLE - and i love it. But with their excellent Thai hospitality, you feel like a King!(Special mention goes to the Housekeeping group.)

Directions: At the heart of the growing Pratunam commercial and shopping district. Close to the expressway.

More about Eastin Bangkok Hotel

best 3star hotel

by whytey about Eastin Bangkok hotel

Situated in Pratunam, a wholesale market where u can buy in bulks at cheap price. The hotel is remarkably clean n at the price I paid $53SGD is a very good deal. Toilets are in good conditions too, even the shower curtain looks new. The superior room is large enough for 2 person .But for me , with the baby cot in front of the dressing table, space is limited.The breakfast spread is superb n extensive although for us muslims , the choice are quite limited . But still we have a variety of choices too. The hotel has a policy of not letting visitors in guests room after 1800hrs. Must have a good reason perhap.

Eastin Hotel Contact No please!!

by paulinespl83

Hi ,

Does anyone know what is the contact no for eastin hotel ?? I try to search in the internet but those are only travel agent contact no.. does anyone have the real contact no for eastin hotel ??

appreciate your help in replying...

Thanks alot

RE: Eastin Hotel Contact No please!!

by molenaar

Hi, these are the contact details:

Address : 1091/343 New Petchburi Rd,Makkasan, Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400 THAILAND