First House Bangkok

See Amenities
Amoitan's Profile Photo

Lousy service

by written on December 19, 2008

My family and I put up at First House Hotel for 5 nights. There was no flask in the room and I had to call house-keeping several times for hot water. Then, the funny thing was that, each time one had to show their hotel card in order to get the hotel room key. So troublesome!!I have traveled to so many places and this is the first time I came across such hotel.
The phone and radio was not working either. I would never recommend anyone to stay there.
The road to the hotel was terribly narrow.Even the cabs wouldn't know the location of this hotel when I showed them the hotel card. Don't ever try staying here!!!

im_bubs's Profile Photo

Hotel Located at a shopping strip

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2008

First House Hotel is like a one star Hotel and the building is kinda old. The room was nice and clean. What's best about First Hotel is that it is located at the center of Pratunam. Pratunam is also a shopping alley with very cheap prices. Me and my Honey doesnt stay long in the room, we always out for tour so the location, cheap room rate and location is just perfect for us. email me at im_bubs@yahoo.com

Good location, budget hotel

by written on January 28, 2008

I have stayed at First House for several times. It is located in Pratunam and it is very near to the wholesale area which is good for my shopping.

It is a budget hotel, a one-star hotel. So, I don't expect any good service from the hotel and I don't bother to complain. The housekeeping person replied a rudely "no" to an extra pillow request. I asked the hotel receptionist if there was an Airport Express coach to the Pratunam area. She don't understand much English.

A 1000 baht deposit is a must when you check-in. Every visitor or guest must be registered at the receptionist. There's no water facilities. There's one minibar which could store the water bought from the many 7-Eleven stores around. There's only 1 plug which is used for the T.V. So you can't charge your mobile phone with the T.V. powered on.

The room has a miserable 14-inch TV with HBO, Star Movies, ESPN, Discovery and CNN. I'll be too tired from the shopping to watch any program.

Breakfast looks quite ok for the non-halal section. I only eat toast with jam.

Unique Quality: - Very near Platinum Mall which is a great shopping place for ladies ! :)
- Inexpensive.
- Near the wholesale market in Pratunam.
- Near Fuji Massage.

Directions: Tell the taxi drivers it is located at Soi 19 or Soi Sip Kao(sounds like Soy Sip-Cow) Petch-bu-ri.

Bangkok's unfreindliest staff ever!

by written on July 2, 2007

I have been to Bangkok several times and I have always found the people there to be very friendly.But at the Fist House hotel I faced the rudest staff ever.The rooms are musty,old and smelly.It's cheap They have the strangest rule of not allowing more than 20 kilos of baggage in your room.So,if like me you are a big shopper then they do not let you take your bags of shopping upstairs.Instead,they ask you to keep it in their luggage room.Ridiculous!

Directions: Near to the wholesale markets

micgarciajr's Profile Photo

cheap price and very "cheap" customer service

by written on June 24, 2007

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CHECK-IN AT FIRST HOUSE PLEASE BE WARNED !
My wife and I arrived in Bangkok at 2 in the morning. We were so tired and had to go straight to First House Hotel to check-in. Upon arrival we had to carry our own bags to the front desk. We were hoping for some help from the bellman, but I guess we were a nuisance to his sleep. At the front desk we were greeted with a blank face by one of their receptionist. Well, after everything has been settled we were ready to go to sleep. We didnt expect anything extravagant from the room because we only reserved the cheapest accomodation. The days that followed gave us a clear picture of what First House Hotel stands to offer. The food was ok, the room was ok but they should have capitalized on something to make our stay (and for the rest of the guests) there worthwile....A simple smile would have been nice. I believe Thai people are very courteous and hospitable, but it was very different from what the Front Desk showed us. Were they burdened by merely smiling at their guests? I suppose they would have treated us differently if we were billeted at their most expensive room....but hell no, it my country we take pride in giving service with a smile. Everything would have made a difference if they gave service with a SMILE. So for those of you guys who want to pay cheap...I would still recommend First House Hotel...but dont expect the staff to be very accomodating....and just make sure you have a strong shoulder to carry your bags all the way to your room....Good luck.

Unique Quality: Unique Qualities .....I would say their grumpy Front Office. That is one amazing and bizarre thing you would notice upon checking in

Directions: Just tell the tuktuk

FIrst House - real budget hostel

by written on June 19, 2006

First House is really just a small hostel in the bustling area of Petchburi. The room I used was fit for two and it was clean although the room looked as if it needed refurbishing. The room was a bit musty but otherwise amenities were working just fine. For the heavy shopper, this hostel is quite okay considering you don't really stay there most of the day. Breakfast is simple fare consisting of noodles with veges, sausage, ham, bread, eggs and potatoes. For the breakfast crazy, this might not be enticing.

Unique Quality: Location wise? Simply great as IT IS beside the pratunam market, the baiyoke street full of bazaar like shops and lots of street food vendors (yummy!!!). For Filipinos too, there is a store (Kabuhayan is the name) adjacent ran by Filipinos where you can ask questions about Thailand. Money changers nearby too.

7-11 just around the corner for your urgent toiletries, bottled water or other snack items.

Directions: Best is to go to their website http://www.firsthousebkk.com/v5.html to print a map for you to hand to the taxi drivers. Sometimes they confuse it with First Hotel which is also nearby.

A Budget Hotel

by written on February 7, 2006

We did plan on staying in a budget hotel since we thought we'll be mostly out roaming the streets of bangkok. But if I had to go back again, i probably would shell a few more money to stay in a better hotel.

It was indeed a budget hotel. There was no pool, great view, or significant facilities to note. But I guess if there's one thing that could have made the difference, it's the cleanliness issue. Their toilet was specifically unclean. As for room service --- they do change sheets everyday (but i'm not sure really). The room had a funny smell (i can't pinpoint what it was). Breakfast served were the same everyday. They could at least alternate....

The Worst "2-star" Hotel Ever!!!

by written on January 10, 2006

We have been several times to Bangkok and have stayed in an array of hotels there from the 2-star to the 5-star and we have stayed in many 2-star hotels around the world but this one tops the list of the Worst "2-star" hotel. We stayed three nights and as the Standard Rooms were fully booked, we had to pay for the Mini-Deluxe Room. We really regret having put that "much" money for such a lousy room and service! The hotel is not at all well located as they say on their advertisement as it is in a dark alley which no cab driver can find. You have to let them know that you want to go to Pantip Plaza and once you are there tell them to turnaround and cross the road before going into the alley or just dropping you off on the main road. The service is horrible as the reception staff is not friendly at all and the first night we arrived, we asked to borrow an iron as we had to dress up and go out and they just wouldn't give us any. In addition, when we asked if they would iron our clothes (and we were willing to pay for the service), they said they could only do it the next morning. To top it off, the rooms are dark, old and gloomy and the worse were the bed and pillows which were soooo uncomfortable and hard as wood that we had three horrendous nights. In essence, we will never go back to that hotel and would surely not recommend it to anyone else. For that price, we would rather go anywhere else!

Unique Quality: None.

Directions: Pratunam, Bangkok

stanleykuan's Profile Photo

'Budget' Hotel

by written on December 13, 2005

Located at Petchburi Road Soi 19. It is hard to see from the main road, Petchburi Road. Even the local taxi driver found it hard to locate this place. Must tell the taxi driver, 'First House', not 'First', as there is a bigger hotel with the similar name on the same road.

USD20, cheap, worth it. Lobby is acceptable. Room is not new but clean. Staffs are friendly. Food are standard everyday, American breakfast. The lowest price you can get from http://www.wireddestinations.com.

If you need the power socket in room, be careful. The first room they gave me has a spoilt power socket. Check it before confirm the room.

Nearest train station, Rajthevee, 10 mins walk, not so bad.

Near to World Trade Center, a shopping complex.

Further walk (total 15 mins), you will reach the famous '4 face' buddha.

June.b's Profile Photo

Poor Service!

by written on November 14, 2005

This small hotel in Pratunam area have mixed reviews from various tourists who have stayed here. Some positive reviews for people who come to Bangkok for shopping business and some bad reviews for those on tours.

My own review is this -

1) Reception - Why don't we make a voting on-line of the worst hotel reception staff in Thailand, when most people all over Thailand are synonymous with friendliness, this one wins, as the worst ever! English is limited, unhelpful staff, pretending to be busy and not minding you, playing-dumb, won't lift a finger in giving you directions, geez! they'll get into your nerves!

2) Rooms - moldy smell, looks like it has seen it's days, and the management is not ready to spend for refurbishments. But fine for the price.

3) Breakfast - the atmosphere in the breakfast room seems like you're eating in an eatery inside a wet or meat market, food - can't beat half (or even quarter) of the food quality at other hotels of same category.

4) Location - for tourist who's main purpose is business, to shop for clothings and stuff for resale, Pratunam is the best location, but not the First House, as it is inside a small interior street. Nevertheless, you could find a better hotel around this area at same rate yet better value.

5) Lastly, my sister passports almost got lost in their supposed-to-be "safety deposit" boxes!

My guess is that most people staying here are on package tours for which they cannot opt for a better choice. For people who are not really fussy about hotel facilities, and for its price, it's a good deal. HOWEVER, for people who consider staff service and attitude as a prime commodity or consideration in their choice of accommodations, this one top the list of 2-star hotels to avoid!

Unique Quality: Check out the Reception upon checking in! GRRRRRRRRRR!

stellz20's Profile Photo

My Worst Nightmare

by written on November 20, 2004

We got a package for 4d/3n at First House Hotel in Bangkok so no other choice... for those who haven't stayed here... lucky you! this is just the worst hotel (for me!) i have ever stayed at...

Facilities - everything is old and rotten... toiletries, towels, bed covers, blankets.... evrything! well except for the wall which seemed to have been newly painted. the room stinks, the narrow hallway stinks, the elevator is so small.

Service - worst, worst worst! i've called their room service number to request for a hot water for like 3-4 times, it arrived after an hour of my last call.

Amenities - there's none!

Others - every taxi driver we've asked when we were at Siam area, doesnt seem to know the hotel. all others who know, doesnt wanna go to the place. i dont know what reason they have but when i mention "first house hotel" they'd just say "no, no no!" or wave their hand... what's with that?!

Unique Quality: No outside view from your room.

The toilet is just so old!

Don't be fooled with the pictures in internet, it doenst really look like that.. too bad i havnt taken chance to photograph it!

Directions: If you will ride a taxi, its better to tell them "near Grand Diamond" hotel, that they know!

mickshe's Profile Photo

cheap hotel

by written on July 15, 2004

I have booked this hotel online thats why i got it so cheap at THB 720 and breakfast is included.One thing i am so not comfortable in this hotel is of how you get into your room, normally when your room is on the 2nd floor you press the No.2 in the elevator switch but here you will press the 9th floor and then go down thru a stair and then take an elevator again and then press the 3rd floor then go down by stairs..ahh confusing isnt it?thats why when the roomboy left me, i dont know how to get out of there..the next day i move to another hotel.

First House

by written on June 23, 2004

Since we arrived around 11pm, our first stop was First House Hotel, our temporary cradle while in Bangkok. Located in one of Bangkok's city heart, Pratunam - commercial, shopping, tourist and entertainment areas are conveniently accessible.

Unique Quality: 24 hour room service

shintarojon's Profile Photo

One of the Cheapest Hotel in Bangkok

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 20, 2004

(date stayed - August, 2002)

Room Type - Room rate/night
1. Standard (single/twin) - THB 881
2. Mini Deluxe THB - 1,301
3. Extra Bed - THB 300

- Rates are inclusive of American Breakfast, Service Charge and Vat
- American breakfast at BHT 100 net per person
- No show : One night charge
- For high season period (Nov-Feb), one night will be charged after reservation is confirmed
- All credit cards accepted

Unique Quality: All rooms are well-equipped with the modern facilities like
1. individually operated airconditioner
2. wall-to-wall carpet
3. piped music
4. video and television with 24-hour cable TV
5. International direct dial telephone
6. minibar
7. refrigerator
8. ensuite bathroom with hot and cold water

First House Hotel is a walking distance to World Trade Center, Pata Department Store, SOGO Department Store & Suan Pakkad.

Nearby First House Bangkok

First House Bangkok

• First Hotel Bangkok
  • Bangkok First Hotel
  • 1st House Bangkok
  • First House Bangkok Hotel Bangkok

Address: 14/20-29 Phetchburi Road 19, Soi Juldis, Phyathai District, Rajthevee, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand

3 Photos of First House Bangkok

View Professional Photos

Amenities at First House Bangkok

• Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews