Grand Diamond Pratunam

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• nusabali's Profile Photo

Great Location

Our trip to Bangkok this year, we stayed at the Grand Diamond Hotel. We chose this for its location. Just 5 minutes walk to Platinum Mall where we could shop for hours and also close to the Pratunam wholesale market. This saves us on transportation and time.
    The rooms were clean although it looks a little tired and worn. We were given non-smoking rooms on the 15th floor but we found many cigarette butts on the window ledge.
    The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels replaced with coffee/tea making facilities available as well as a microwave oven.
    Breakfast at the hotel was the same every morning. We only ate the fruits, cereals and toast.
    They separated the 'Pork' and 'non Pork' items however the Pork Congee n Non-Pork Congee was placed side by side and we were not sure if they use the same ladle so we gave it a miss.
    There were many Middle eastern families staying in this hotel. I like the coffee at the coffee house cos they use coffee machine for fresh brewed coffee so that made up for the basic breakfast.

Unique Quality: They issue key cards to their guest. So you can access the floor you are on. I find this good as its good security and we will not have uninvited visitors knocking at your door. However we had to have our cards reprogrammed twice and the reception did not ask for any identification he just reprogramme to the room no we gave him. I gave the room no. of my brother's room and did not realise till I reach the floor. I tried and I could open his room but not mine. Imagine if it was some intruder?? I went down and have it reprogramme and again he did not ask me for identification. So if you are planning on staying there do be careful.

• Not so good as in past days

Near Pratunam, but at some distance from skytrain. Rooms are average for the price, sometimes not so clean. Every room is a little apartment with bedroom, living rom and kitchen. In bathroom some problem with hot water. Staff is not friendly. Restaurant is terrible. Breackfast is medium.

Directions: Pratunam

• JENMIP's Profile Photo

Feels like home

I stayed 4 nights "Grand Diamond Paratunam".. you just feel like home.. because this is a service apartment having a living room, kitchen and a bedroom. The best of this Hotel is its location.. Beside the hotel is the Pantip Palza and across the road is the Pratunam market. The nearest BTS system in ChitLom is about 15 mins walk. I would recommend this hotel to family as they do have the 2 beded rooms, which can accommodate more people.

Unique Quality: I like about this accommodation is the living room separated from the bed room. You can have more privacy.. you still can rest after a long shopping when your spouse invites some of their friends or family member to chat in the lving with 1 or 2 beers.

Directions: Oppostie Pratunam Market

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Affordable

Stay approx 9 nights there in 3 different stay.
    Pretty much standard but the room have a lot of windows. Give a nice impression but if you need a 100 % dark room to sleep then you should not consider this hotel.
    The gym and pool are nothing special.
    The location (close to Pratunam market and next door to Pantip Plaza) is great.

Unique Quality: Nice view if you are high enough, great location.
    Beware, during my last stay, they were building a huge shopping mall just next door to this hotel. Can be a bit noisy by now !

• Grand Diamond Hotel

Stayed in this hotel during my 4 Days 3 Nights trip to Bangkok. It looks more like a service apartment as the rooms have an stove and microwave oven. Basically, you have all what you need to cook in your room! (Not the ingredients of cos!) The rooms even have 2 TVs, 1 in the living room and the other in the bedroom. The hotel is very well-located. It's a stone's throw away from the Central World Trade and Pantip Plaza. If you want, you can even walk all the way to MBK.

Directions: It's just right beside Pantip Plaza, so it shouldn't be too difficult to spot.

• backpackerbaby's Profile Photo

Excellent!

In Grand Diamond, a double room no longer means a room with solely a double bed and bathroom but a big sleeping room with a king-size bed (with a TV set of course), a living room (with a sofa, a tea-table, a table and chairs) with a small open kitchen (with a basin, a fridge and a microwave oven!). It's actually an apartment instead of a room. The 'room' is enough for accomodating at least 4 people. The staff is friendly and helpful. More importantly, the hotel is located close to shopping areas.

Check it out from its website!!!

Unique Quality: Excellent location!!!!
    Big double rooms,
    a nice swimming pool...

More about Grand Diamond Pratunam

Grand Diamond Suites Hotel ???

by nanapie

Hi its me again, Does anyone know if this is a good hotel in an are thats good for shopping. I would love to hear from anyone who knows what the standard of accommadation is like. Thank you.

by bkk_kd

Suggest you seek a hotel located in one of the following areas: Pratunam, Siam and Rajprasong. In these areas, hotels often mentioned by VTers in this Forum range from under Bht 1,000/night (e.g., Reno) to Bht 6,000+ (e.g., Four Seasons Regent). Many, if not almost all, have websites for you to get a better idea of the standard of accommodation. You can use a site like www.asiarooms.com to narrow down your choices by geography, then use google to find the hotel's own website. For most hotels, whatever the rooms look like in the photos on their websites, I find that it helps to lower one's expectations by a star to a star-and-a-half.

by Luckmui

I stayed at Grand Diamond last year and its not too close to the BTS station. I think Arnoma Hotel Bangkok (near Big C) is more convenience

by nanapie

Thank you for help. It will make my decision much easier.

Comments