14 - 16 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 42% less but rated 11% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Drugs sold by staff and local guests must pay secu

I've stayed in this hotel many times, but this time I've left early. I saw staff asking for security fees from visitors and that staff sold drugs that were delivered directly to a hotel room. I booked a big expensive room and first found glass on the floor around the bed, hair and food rests on the sofa and rug and sauce sprinkles all over the kitchen floor... I also found a pubic hair in my coffee at breakfast... that was not all... Further, I had a privilege card given to me by the hotel that offers discounts (10%) to dental smile and a hospital. When I asked the staff to call me a taxi to send me there, the staff sent me to dental spa and there was no discount... again ridiculous!!! Hospital also did not give the discount as promised by the hotel. The hotel did not fix anything and did not reimbursed me. The last day they've asked me to stay around to talk to the police about what I've witnesses, but charged me the full fee for the day. When I told them that I disagreed with their bill, they did not want to change it and only asked when I would come back... What a bunch of !@#$... I will never ever return to this rotten filthy hotel again...

Unique Quality: Visitors without ID card can still visit guests if they pay security money under the table...

• Not a good experience

I booked 3 rooms for 3 nights for this hotel, and arrived the hotel exactly at 2pm for check-in. I have to wait for 30 minutes for check-in, as the rooms are not ready yet. I requested for 3 rooms to be on the same floor, if not available side by side. However, in the end i got all 3 rooms on different levels. And worst is, after the 30 mins wait (for check-in), only 2 rooms were ready, and the receptionist asked me to wait for another hour for another room (i.e. to wait until 3.30pm). I was very frustrated after the long 30 mins wait, and I demanded to see his manager 'cos I did not come in early to check-in, but check-in at 2pm. By right, they should know that how many people would be expected to check-in, and there are no reasons why they should let their guests waiting for so long. In the end, he didn't call on his manager, but another lady receptionist being more professional upgrade that one room for us. Not a good start for my vacation. The so-called deluxe rooms look exactly like the pictures of standard room as shown on the website, as well as the hotel official website. Nothing look like the deluxe room as displayed online.
    I booked online through the internet for 3 deluxe rooms, and it has stated that it's in Tower 1, but I was given Tower 3, which is across the road. I was very unhappy about that. The receptionists say that there are also deluxe rooms in Tower 3. But when I booked online, it didn't state that deluxe rooms are also available on Tower 3. If you would go to the official hotel website, it also states that the deluxe rooms are on Tower 1. If only i knew that I would be placed in Tower 3, I would not pay extra money for a deluxe rooms, but just get a standard room. I felt so cheated. The rooms came with free wi-fi, but the wi-fi could not be accessed from the room(signal is really bad).
    And as i was located on the 5th floor, at midnight i could still hear noises from the pub downstairs located next to the hotels. Even my parents located on the 7th floor, could also hear the noises after midnight.
    One more thing, I was ask to put deposit for the rooms during check-in (well hotel rooms have all been paid online), which I just give my credit card (just like other hotels elsewhere). During check-out, I was told to wait for 2 weeks to get my deposit back to my card. I was shocked, because normally hotels would not take your money from the card, but just as a guarantee. But this hotel took the money out from my card, and only refund me the money 2 weeks later. Just by using credit card as guarantee, I've lost some money due to the exchange rate from bank. Terrible. My first time and last time staying there.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique i could see.

• jpshanik's Profile Photo

Was really great 3 years ago

I would like to give this hotel and even lower rating but the location is pretty unbeatable. 3 years ago this place was unbeatable and clean. Tower 2 is fairly newly renovated and clean but if it faces south, there is a bird sanctuary that wakes you up by 5am. Tower 1 is where I stayed last and changed 2 rooms while listening to other people complain about their's. The first room smelled of curry. Not a little bit but it was like someone had a curry fight in there. The second one had non-stop ants. Not biting but still very annoying. Tower 3 across the street is like a run down holiday inn. About the same as Swiss Park down the street but twice the price. However, the staff was pretty great. Management accommodated as much as possible. The breakfast is pretty good. And if you like nightlife and good dining, this location is the right one. Great Wat Po certified massage parlors across the street. Am currently looking for other accomodations for my next trip. Too bad.

Unique Quality: Location is close to the best night clubs for ex-pat hipsters. Close to skytrain. Next door to bird sanctuary.

Directions: Sukhumvit Soi 11.

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Grand President

Question - what is the difference between an Hotel and a Serviced Apartment?
    Answer - not a lot, except maybe some cutlery, dishes and a microwave oven.
    I stayed in an Executive studio in Tower 1 at the Grand President. As a serviced aparment is was quite small - as an hotel room it was excellent, and as I was staying for 30 days I got the monthly rate which was very good value for money. Didn't take breakfast in the hotel so can't comment on that, but the buffet lunch was very good.
    Rooms are very comfortable with a slightly softer bed than is normal for Thai hotels. but the bathromm was a little on the small side.

I have now also stayed in a Royal Suite and these are much better.
    You get a separate living room with kitchenette (including a washing machine).

The staff were really friendly and helpful especially the floor staff, and most could speak some English.
    The only possible downside the fact that it is a bit of a walk up Soi 11 from Sukhumvit Road, but Soi 11 is right next to Nana skytrain station.

Unique Quality: On the monthly rate great value for money.
    On the pool level there was a small laundry room, so easy to wash clothes in machine for 70 baht and the dry for another 50 baht.

Directions: Near to Nana Skytrain station

• river_plate_94's Profile Photo

Great hotel, good service, good location

The Grand President is a serviced apartment, but operates and feels like a high star hotel. The staff was friendly and polite, made my room up whether I left romaing around at 8am or 3 pm. The breakfast is adequate. 24 hour room service. Very efficient drycleaning and laundry service. Great location about equivalent to 4 blocks from BTS skytrain and there are always Tuk Tuk and Taxis out front. There is a 7-11 convenience store nearby, across street is traditional Thai Massage and tailor shops. Walking distance to Bedsupperclub and QBar night clubs and several live jazz venues on same road. Short walk to Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy. There is also a travel agency in main lobby where one can set up short day trips and guided tours. I stayed in a Royal Suite in Tower 2 about 3600 baht per night. Hotel also has wireless internet network. You can pay cash or credit card, but if you use credit card there is a 5% up charge.

Directions: 5 blocks from Nana BTS skytrain

• imeley's Profile Photo

Bangkok's Best Hotel for a Female Travelling Alone

This is a fully serviced apartment for business people.

Unique Quality: Quite area near to the city center. The room is excellent. Clean and safe. I like the interior design of the room.The room has a radio and cd player. Strong aircondition. Few blocks from the hotel is a massage center. Get a royal thai body massage (2 hrs.) and foot massage (1hr.) before your fly back home. I promise you'll have a good night sleep in the airplane. Thai Baht 950=USD22. Try to walk on the street early in the morning, and probably you'll meet a thai monk in an orange robe. Be kind, give some food or in my case, money.

• rich104's Profile Photo

Your Own Apartment In Bangkok

These serviced apartments have all the benefits of your own flat in Bkk in addition to having the facilities normally found in a hotel. For myself, partner and two teenage daughters we had a two bedroom appartment for our seven day stay in Bkk. Two bedooms, one with king size bed and the other with two queen beds. Both rooms had en-suite bathrooms. Plus a nice lounge, dining, kitchen area. Three TVs too. Very clean with frequent fresh linen and maid service etc.
    Great value for money at 29,337 Baht (2004) for the week (744USD) (393GBP). Booked it using email and telephone through the managing agents metha@cbrehospitality.com . Metha was great and even arranged for a van (minibus) to collect us from the airport.
    Well recommended.

Unique Quality: Fantastic staff, very professional but friendly too. We wanted to change rooms and this was done without question and fuss-excellent!
    To keep the kids happy we used the pool most days had it to ourselves. There's a good gym there too but I was on holiday wasn't I?
    Great location with Nana skytrain station at the bottom of the Soi which is then just a few stops from the great shopping centres like MBK, Siam and Central World Plaza etc.

Directions: An exit from Nana skytrain station brings you out right on the corner of Sukhumvit Rd and Soi 11. Just walk 100 meters up Soi 11 and its on the right hand side.

• Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

Hotel in Bangkok

We stayed in the Royal Suite at the Grand President mainly so that my wife would sleep to get over her jet lag while I could work or watch tv in the other room. It is a very good location with only a 4 or 5 minute walk to the local skytrain station at Nana. The skytrain can take you to most places in Bangkok. I would have to say that the service was not as good as other hotels where we have stayed in Bangkok but not bad when compared to other countries. The pool area is ok but not great as is the restaurant. We got a very good deal for the suite (2350 bht per night including service charge and vat) and if we received the same deal then we would definately stay there again otherwise we would try somewhere else. The most important thing though is to be close to the skytrain.

More about Grand President Bangkok

Excellent Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member RanaRN

I have been using this hotel at least twice a year for the past 3 years. I have found the Rooms (Royal Suites) in the Tower two to be of excellent quality and value for money. The hotel has been consistent in that respect. Staff have been very accommodatiive and helpful always. Excellent Broadband connection as well.

Life is GRAND at Grand President

by TripAdvisor Member michael1NewOrleans

With the most friendliest and courtious staff of any hotel I have ever stayed, and only footsteps from the skytrain (BTS), which puts Bangkok at your doorstep. Grand President is where I will stay whenever in Bangkok.
Kapunkrup khun Nikki and everyone at Grand President.......

MM, New Orleans, Louisiana

Two week stay.

by TripAdvisor Member SunCoaster

I stayed on the 17th floor of tower one for two weeks in September.
Great location, close to Nana station, very friendly and efficient staff, and minimal street noise as it is not right on Sukhumvit road.
I was having some dental work done and was very pleased with the comfort of the suite, and the facilities such as pool, gym, and restaurants. I took my laptop and used the internet (v fast and unlimited), and the laptop fitted nicely into the large in room safe.
About 30 cable channels on the TV, and a kitchen area and stereo added to my comfort.
I will stay here again when I go back in 6 months.

Excellent place, clean, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member salim105

I stayed at the Grand President for three nights. No problems checking in, hassle-free stay. Room has a big fridge, microwave, kitchenette, comfy bed, clean sheets changed every day, a clean bathroom (tho the tub had seen better days, and the marble floor needed a quick polish to brighten it up a bit). I was in Tower 3 which is across the road from the main reception.

Lifts had electronic card key access to floors so difficult for non guests to get in. So felt quite secure. Breakfast was very filling and wide choice of food. All staff were very welcoming and friendly. Room service was quick and efficient. 7 min walk to nearest BTS Nana. 7-11, number of eateries in street, some open 24 hours.

I'm thinking of returning with the family and staying here again. Would recommend the Grand President to anyone who wants to save for shopping but is looking for a safe, clean and easily accessible hotel to stay.

Comments