Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok (Managed by Accor)

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

99 Sukhumvit Rd Soi 6, Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Accorhotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Yuran's Profile Photo

Comfortable hotel

I stayed with a colleague at work.
    We had stayed 3 nights in twin room.
    The room was clean and roomy.
    There was a pool, but I couldn't swim because I couldn't find changing-rooms.

I could use the Internet.
    But it was a little expensive, I think.
    When I stayed, the charge was 500 THB for 24 hours.

>>>Problems of public security.
    The location might be not so good.
    We heard that we should not get taxis around the hotel.
    Of course, if we ask the concierge to call a taxi, you will be able to get on the safe taxi.

Anyway, there were a convenience store and a station (Nana-station) near the hotel, it was not unhandy.

Unique Quality: It was very hot and humid in Thailand, but we could spend comfortable time in the hotel room.
    Air-conditioner was good.
    And in the bath room, there was bath tub.
    Almost all Japanese will love it!

• ITjetsetter's Profile Photo

grand sukhumvit by sofitel

very good stay. brand new hotel in sukumvit. 1 minute walk to the metro station.
    great rates from 3600 thai bath.
    500 miles award for Lufthansa miles and more members.

Directions: Klongtoey-10100
    BANGKOK

More about Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok (Managed by Accor)

One NICE HOTEL!!!

by mcgruff75044 about The Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit, Bangkok

I was taken in by the Sheraton Grand Sukumvit when there were no other rooms to be had. It was about $300 a night, but I had just got in from Laos and had food poisoning. George Bush was in town so there were no rooms to be found. THe kindness of the desk manager was appreciated, as she no only made sur ei got up to my room (after heaving in the lobby) but she had the dorector of concierge, herself and the naigh manage check to see if all was well and if I wished to see a doctor.

The room had a spectacular view, the accomodations were 5 star and the sercvice went beyond world class.

Lucky to get the room and appreciated it deeply. Great presentation of everything, from the food to the room to the staff. No shortcomings for this tired old hippie who was sick as one can get.

Due to security I was only able to take limited pictures. Twist your head on the frist one, THe secoond is a view of Bangkok from the room.

Ever like to stay here

by trav4bus about Grand Sukhumvit (Previously Grand Sofitel )

This hotel has good deal Euro 48.00 these days, I booked it for three nights, I reach there at 10.00 Am, it was warm welcome, effcient process, signature.. Thet upgraded me to a suite room. welcome fruits juices , welcome fruit Basket in the room. A daily newspaper.
A beautiful relaxing peaceful lobby to sit. Everything was Luxurious there.
Noyhing to complain.

It was my best hotel stay in Thailland so far.

For family stay you should ask hotel satff to remove comdoms and block nasty paod channel from kids room. You can find all facilities which you can expect in a 5 start hotel with a dedecated professional service attitude.

In the toilet they only have tissue paper for cleaning pupose, but I always use the toilet shower, I called the staff to arrange it for me or change the room for me, She told that they donot have toilet shower in any toilet of the hotel room, and they donot have it in their inventory store,I asked if they can buy it from market, they said Ok, I was sleeping after the tiresome flight, when i wake up , I found that shower is attached in my toilet. It was great service.They never charged me for the shower price which was bought especially for me from market.
Room making was effcient.
I said them thanks for my wonderful stay there.

If you are on budget the try it

by trav4bus about Hotel Ibis

After 3 nights stay in Grand Sukhumvit , Bangkok, just one night before, I see a new Hotel Ibis branch in Nana, I know many budget traveller use it, I went inside the hotel, obviously as a new hotel it was nice and clean , I see the room, room was bit small but clean bed sheets, bath was also small w seprate shower but clean.

As I was on business travel in Bangkok , Though I can afford luxury as the owner of company and remained busy business meetings and at night I need clean and comfortable bed to sleep. I thought about saving the money and switched from Grand sukumvit to here. I booked this hotel for 1412baht per night on the net.

They donot have toilet shower in the toilet, and I usually wash after toilet instead of tissue paper , they donot have toilet shower except the disable persons room so they shifted me to disabled persons room, that room was a little big.s It was good small budget hotel, but its bed mattress was v hard , its always like to sleep on rocks , I have compalined about it to hotel staff but they did not change it.All five nights of my stay , my neck remain stretched.
Room make up is also not regular sometimes you have to remind them.

There was no exhaust or airfreshner in the toilet, so when you enter into the room , a bad smell alwasy welcome , i remained in this hotel for 5 nights.But I call the staff she comes and do some air fresher in toilet.

Resturant (TASTE) has nice food,buffet breakfast was v nice and a lot of things were there to eat .but they should increase the END time from 10.00AM to 10.30AM. but they remain flexible though.

Tv channels slections were not good , most of the channels were in Thai.So you want to be in room and watch Tv its not fit hotel for you.

Except the Rocky bed and bath smell , there was nothing bad in this hotel.you can consider it for your budget travel.I can also go there again soe I am not forbidding you to go in that hotel.

Don't bother

by TripAdvisor Member LondonLuxTrvlr

Having stayed at Sofitel hotels in the past, we booked two rooms at this hotel as it was supposed to be centrally located and regretted it. The hotel is not located on the main road, but a back street, which gets full of traffic as it part of the local one way system “rat run”. Getting a taxi can take some time to arrange, meaning waiting out in the heat at the entrance. However, it is short walk to the Nana station on the Sky-train. The entrance to the hotel itself is rather awkward, being at the side of the building rather than at the front. This means that cars have to perform U-turns to depart. The hotel was not properly equipped. Their systems were not linked to Sofitel, so sofar, my points have not been granted. We asked for some extra bedding as water was spilled and were informed that they did not have any. We asked for an iron and were given one with a plug (UK style 3 square pins) that would not fit any of the sockets in the room (all designed for round pins), so we could not use it! They seemed short of equipment as the iron and table was removed from the room by the time we had returned from breakfast. The rooms and corridors smelt heavily of smoke. There are only 3 elevators servicing 30 floors, which smelt of Vicks inhaler all the time. At breakfast, when things ran out, they were not replaced. Don’t think that I will be staying at this hotel again. Regretted not booking the Shangri-la chain where we normally stay.

Great!

by TripAdvisor Member merk_kl

A great hotel! I was a bit skeptical about this hotel initially after reading various reviews online but upon arriving, I was pleasantly surprised! No bad service as mentioned previously, staffs were very helpful and they even upgraded me to a bigger room.

Fellow travelers who are worried that this hotel may be a bit far, dont worry as it is conveniently located in Sukhumvit Soi 6 with the Nana BTS a 3 - 5 mins walk away. Will I stay here again? A most definite YES!

Expect fair quality from fair price

by TripAdvisor Member debgdtvr

Like many previous reviewers, I was a little bit worried about booking this hotel. I asked my travel agent to book other hotels but all of them were full in Sep. Thus, I marked down all the bad comments from other reviewers on this website and tried to avoid them during my 3-night stay.
First, you have to adjust your expectation. The hotel is under Sofitel brand but it's not of the same class. It's a 4-star hotel and don't expect to have 6-star comfort and service. Otherwise, there are other Sofitel 6-star hotels in Bankok that you can stay.
I didn't find any leaking water tap or broken electrical appliance in my room which was also clean. I just asked for tooth brush and tooth paste and the staff could deliver them in 10 mins. The breakfast was OK with a variety of food to choose but the hot food and tea were never hot. Maybe it's too "hot" in Bangkok already.
The hotel was only 5-mins away from Nana BTS station. However, the road outside the hotel was one-way and the taxi driver needed to take alternate roads in order to get to the hotel entrance. This might cause you a lot of time if you're also stuck in a traffic jam.
It's a little strange about the location of the swimming pool. My room was located in the back tower and I needed to walk through parking lot before I could reach the swimming pool. The pathway was a raw space like the construction site. The swimming pool was in the middle of two high buildings which blocked most of the sunshine and it was in the shadow most of the time. I didn't have much interest to swim there though I brought my swimming suit with me.
The concierge was helpful when I asked him to book the spa or the restaurant, or asking for direction. However, I could not say they're very friendly. You asked questions and they answered your questions straightly.
Some reviewers had complainted about the "fixed" taxi fee from the hotel to the airport. I asked the bell boy to confirm the taxi charge by meter and rechecked it again with the driver before I closed the taxi door. So, I finally paid BHT240 for taxi + BHT80 for highway toll.
Finally, the hotel is near to the area (I don't know what it's called) with lots of bars and night clubs. If you intend to party all day and night long, this hotel is just good for you.
Advice (1): Try to get a room on the higher floor.
Advice (2): Take Skytrain instead of taxi unless you have no other choice.
Advice (3): If you want to enjoy swimming with good sunshine, book another hotel.

Cool, clean and reliable hotel in great Bangkok location...

by TripAdvisor Member KAG1976

We stayed in a Silver Studio room for 6 nights.

Good:

The studio room was slightly bigger than we had thought it would be. Comfy big king size bed, large walk in robe and heaps of storage areas, great blackout curtains for sleep-ins! Decent sized shower and bathroom. Complimentary drinking water delivered daily. Room was well maintained and clean. Air conditioning was brilliant. Stylish, calming and comfortable design to soothe the mind, body and soul after several hours walking around busy Bangkok.

Buffet breakfast was quite good. Large variety of hot and cold foods including Asian breakfast choices. Eggs cooked to order.

Good room service choice and quality.

Unusual but really lovely swimming pool and deck chair area to relax in.

Location was very handy to the Skytrain. Only a short (approx 300 metre) walk to Nana Station.

Good hotel security.

Bad:

They forgot one of our wake-up calls.

Slightly over attentive staff regularly try to take your breakfast plates away before you have finished eating!

Hotel taxi desk was a little unprofessional and inefficient at times.

Hotel massage service centre (just outside the hotel entrance) was twice the price as similar centres close by (200 metres walk away).

Overall:

Not 5 star standard however a safe bet for clean, comfortable and reliable accommodation to make a longer stay in bustling Bangkok bearable.

Great Hotel, Good location

by TripAdvisor Member senobar_s

My friend and I stayed at a suite at this brand new Sofitel for 5 days in November 2006 and enjoyed every moment of it. Super modern hotel and great location, really close to the SkyTrain's Nana stop.
The area around the hotel is a little seedy but we never felt unsafe.
Service was great, the room and especially the bathroom were spacious
and just lovely and everything you would expect at a fine hotel. Breakfast was to die for. We still talk about it! Pool was nice, no one seemed to be using it!

Don't take the taxis that line up in fron of the hotel, they will charge you double the price if not more. If you end up taking one, insist that the driver turns on the meter. We often walked to/from the hotel to the skytrain although it was pretty hot.

Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

by Isabelllla

Any reviews of this hotel?

RE: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

by bkk_kd

I booked my cousin there at the end of last year, for 2 weeks. He really disliked the service there, which surprised me since he is NOT a demanding person. He spoke directly with the GM a couple of times, but his gripes weren't solved. I guess that as a relatively new property, the hotel's staff was not yet up to speed.

RE: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

by SirHalberd

Some previous ratings.

Probably a little better now. Cut and paste the following info.

Location is pretty good, lots of street vendors, restaurants, bars, shops, etc. in this area. Close to Skytrain rapid transit system which can connect you to the bus station, subway and many areas of Bangkok.

Many cheaper "good" hotels in this area. If there is no real worry about your budget you can also check out the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit Road.

Hal

RE: RE: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

by Isabelllla

What a great reply, is all what I want to know about this place.
Thank you soooooooooooo much.

RE: RE: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

by Isabelllla

I got a great deal ( package-air ticket+2 nights hotel)
Thanks anywsay for the suggestion.

Comments