78 Prajatipatai Road , Praakorn, (formerly Thai Hotel) Bangkok, 10200, Thailand

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Comfortable and affordable

Staff helpful and friendly throughout the hotel. Facilities were clean and comfortable. Arrived at hotel to find front driveway setup for pageant and celebration of water festival. Place was suprisingly quiet for it's location next to busy roads. Hotel is in walking distance of variety of tourist destinations, if you needed transport somewhere else the hotel would provide transportation. I would visit hotel again.

• It has anew name Hotel democ

The hotel has new owners and new management,The new manager mr feaver made our stay so special,took our whole family out in vintage rolls royce free of change to see bangkok at night,also afree pool party with free food and drink.We loved the staff,so friendly,they make the hotel,not the most effencent but the most friendly,we did not come across anyone that was not friendly.Standard of english could have been problem,but the manager always seem to be there day or night,nothing was to much trouble.I have told all my friends to come here,as it is old,but has charm,it is like an old 5 star hotel out of the movies except it is 3 star.Go there,the food is good,breakfast great,lots of it,cheap food in restraunt.

Unique Quality: Good pool,classic car tours through bangkok free of charge,fre pool partys,easy t owalk to most temples and easy to get to stores

Directions: Free printable map on their web site www.hoteldemoc.com

• bijo69's Profile Photo

An average place in the old town

The Thai hotel is certainly nothing special. The place probably hasn't changed much since its opening in 1962... Rooms are clean and the stuff is friendly and helpful though.

Forget about the pool. When I was there it was only half full plus it's just next to a busy street.

The location is ok, close to many sights in the old town.

More about Hotel De Moc

lovely hotel

by deniz666uk about thai hotel now know as hotel de moc

thai hotel now known as hotel de moc in Prajatipatai Road, is only about 15 min walk from Khao San Road. is a lovely hotel. the staff were really nice and friendly. the rooms were fairly cheap for a hotel. we booked the hotel at the airport on arrival so i think we might have paid a bit more. breakfast was ok nothing special. i have checked there website http://www.khaosanroad.com/thaihotel/thaihotel.htm and it looks like it has had a bit of a change ie. there was no free transport to khao san road when i was there in 2005.the rooms were good we would get free coffee and tea in the room and a couple of bottles of water in the morning. i booked this hotel mainly because of the location and the swimming pool. the swimming pool looks a lot nicer in the photos in the website it looks as though they have done some refurbishment on it so it looks better now. i would definatly stay there again.

BKK airport to Hotel de Moc

by Johannes_S

I try to find out, which is the best way to come from the airport (friday 2pm) to the hotel de moc (http://www.hoteldemoc.com)?

I would prefer the airprot express bus (http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55) for 150 BHT, but I can't figure out, whether on of those stops near to my hotel....

Or is the a pubic bus (http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56) that drives directly from the airport to my hotel?

Or is the only convenient way of traveling a taxi (~500BHT)?

Thanks for your answers!

RE: BKK airport to Hotel de Moc

by SirHalberd

Meter taxi from airport around 380 baht, just over $10 U.S. Depending on traffic.

Cheaper than most international airports in the world!

You sign up for a taxi on the bottom level, around door 7. There is a basic sign up charge of 50 baht, plus toll road charges and the meter charge. The 50 baht charge is only from the airport. In town if you take a taxi only pay the meter price, it's cheaper than bargaining!

To get the Airport Express Bus there are two kiosks, one on the curb and one inside near door 8, bottom level. The taxi sign up desk is close to this kiosk.

Hal

RE: BKK airport to Hotel de Moc

by neiljay

www.bangkokblast.com

theres a page with airport buses,where they stop ,and where they go from.

RE: RE: BKK airport to Hotel de Moc

by Johannes_S

Thanks for your feedback!
I will start my trip today, now I'm well prepared :-)

RE: RE: BKK airport to Hotel de Moc

by Johannes_S

On the way to the airport I used the airport express. ThenI tried to use the tayi, however, many taxi drivers refused to drive me to my hotel, as they were not knowing the hotel and were obviously not able to read the map, I had with me... so I walked the 10min to the hotel.

To tha airport I took a taxi. It was 220 Baht on the meter plus 65 Baht for tolls on the expressway. Tha driver tried to overcharge me with 400 Baht :-\ Bad for him, because I had planned to gove him my last ~500 Baht, but after trying to fool me he received exaactly 285 Baht and the rest was donated to the help alliances of my airline... I hate being overcharged!!!

Comments