245 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok, 10120, Thailand
Agoda.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

More about Bangkok

Griller river prawnGriller river prawn

Borrow ClothingBorrow Clothing

Chatuchak ParkChatuchak Park

Chao Praya River by nightChao Praya River by night

My BKK tour!

by sarax81

Hello everybody,

I am going BKK at the end of this week & fly to KL, I collect those places to see while my 2 days visit in there. Good to say most of the event I got from this forum.
Can you please little help me to arrange these…

The commuter river boat
Sleeping Buddha temple
Emerald Buddha in the Royal Palace temple
Floating Market Tour
Ayuttaya Ancient capital tour
Kickboxing @ Lumpini Park.
& Last day evening I want to go 3 hours shopping

I hope to travel by BTS, Metro & Taxi (if needed), I will arrive there around 8 am.

My question is how’s the best way to go each place to visit cause I’m really thinking about time..
Please tell me which I should go first & how should I travel (from where I can get the BTS, Metro) & after that where is the place to come.. like that.
(Please split that section across the 2 days and if you have some good idea to add please add those also)
I’m already book a hotel in BKK so I have to come back to the hotel in the evening.
For my return flight, I have to be in BKK airport around 10PM. So 2nd day, last 5 hours I planed to go for a shopping, where are the easy/best places to go shopping while I’m in the BKK & easily back to the airport..?

Any tips to help me along would be much appreciated.

Thanks
sara

by johnaalex

First point when you say "sleeping Buddha" I assume you mean Wat Pho, Temple of the *Reclining* Buddha. If so you can easily combine that temple with the Grand Palace as they are clso together and also include a ride on the river boat. Boxing at Lumpini is on alternate nights, not every night so you will need to check on that. I think it will be difficult to do both the floating market and Ayuthaya in the same day as they are in opposite directions, of the two I would pick Ayuthaya. As for shopping - you can do that anytime :-)

Regards

John

by Splixa

I agree with John that floating marked and Ayuthaya is almost impossible to do in one day.
You do not mention the hotel you stay in, and on your day in the city I suggest you try to go with bts to Saphan Taksin and from there take the boat (they come frequent and function like a bus on water) up the river Maybe get a full day pass. There you will find your temples etc.
I suggets you make a short stop at China Town which is really colourful and good for shopping jewelery. F
For shopping get of bts at Siam Square or Victory monument. Or simply just go out at night where all small vendors open their streetshops.
And remember to try thai massage. its just fantastic.
Have a nice trip.

by BenTo

In short period in Bkk, the best way is you need a tour guide to take you around the city and give you the information. I have contacted my tour guide name Katie, you can contacted her by e-mail, katietourguide@hotmail.com.

by Mal48

Hello All,

Me also have the same problem, can some one show me the best way?
I will be there around @ 7am (airport). And hope to go “Wat Pho” directly
Can I get a skytrain to go there? If so, from where? Or any other alternative solution..
How long will it take to travel?

Thanks
Mal

by Mikebb

For Ayuttaya it would be best to book a tour from your hotel tour desk.

Also for the Floating markets, make sure it is an early pick up around 7am.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Thanon Kao San (Kao San Road)

by Sajt

This road is the main road for tourists. Many hostels and shops. You can buy here everything what you want. In the morning not so, but in the afternoon is full of people. You can eat everything from the hambourger to living bugs.

Golf

by syllybabe

We were traveling with two friends who weren't photo enthusiasts like we are so they ended up doing business while playing golf at Pinehurst...just one of so many golf courses in sunny Thailand. On our way home from Ayutthaya we picked them up at around 5pm and we had a chance to watch the sun go down behind the palm trees.

Wats, Chofahs, and Bots

by nicolaitan

A wat is a Buddhist temple or monastery. The term often refers to a collection of temples, shrines, buildings and monuments enclosed within a wall. Often the most important structure in a wat is the bot or ubosoth where new monks take their vows. They contain an altar and statues of Buddha and are off limits to foreigners. Chofahs are the bird like decorations at the ends of the roofs of the temples.

haggling

by trisanna

Once you come to Thailand and asia you will become more familiar with bargaining-if you aren't already. This comes in handy for chatuchak market. Once you know the price of the hotel item you are interested and you should NEVER start haggling on something you don't want to buy-bad manners. You should decide, okay what's the most you would pay for this item. Usually you can get the seller down 40-30%. I start with half and work my way up. It's a game. The seller will throw his or her's dramatic bodylanguage into the mix. Lots of sighing and acting like you want the world. Forget the act. They wouldn't sell you something unless they were making a profit. Usually, the seller will pass you a calculator and you can punch in the amount.

If they don't want to haggle, you can say "what's your best price?" Usually this works and you can start haggling. If they are not or seem not interested-than walk away. Then they usually grab and say okay. Recently at chatuchak, the sellers have been quite harder. So if you really love it-then buy it. It's only a few cents or a buck difference.

Also, if you find out something you want to buy cost 40baht-like one usd. I don't even haggle - i just pay the price. You are paying higher cause you are a tourist, but it shouldn't make much difference to you. It's only a dollar.

At the patpong night market, some of the sellers are deaf. A few deaf families did this to make money. A lot of people felt sympathy for them and didn't haggle (and they made more money than other sellers). Other vendors started acting deaf. So now you aren't sure, whose legitimate-well, unless you know Thai sign language.

But the sellers at these markets work quite hard, so don't be stingy over 20-40 baht. It's not worth it.

Dress up time!

by travelagent4thailand

cool designer back packs and in style bags and luggages: Louis Vutiion, Prada, or simply no name brands without flashy logos are excellent! this is the place to get dressed up and be noticed!

WOMEN: this is the place where you can put on your favorite silk tops and linnen shorts and sarongs....please be discreet. sensuality is always great, but there's a fine line between sexy and offensive nakedness.

bring that favorite black sphagetti strap dress from DKNY or Gucci that you have saved up for....get dressed up and hit the jazzy joints! you'll be noticed.

MEN: that silk or linen white shirt (assorted shirts are great too!) and that no plead pants in grey or khaki are sure to suit you up....clean shaved are always better.

lastly, pack light cause this is shopping haven! you can get all your outfits tailored made!

bring light rain jacket in the rainy season...and a pair of good old moccassin for the men and water proof sandals for the disceerning ladies.

light knit sweater or a light jacket can always go handy in the winter....

remember, this is the city of angels and you'll be watched....be watched in style! light perfume and cologne for men...

remember humidity kills, extra deodorant can help...

lots of pharmacies here, no worries on medicine. bring it all....

digital, 8M, 35M, antique cameras, good cameras....lots of films and photo taking equioments available here....

remember to say 'cheese' no camping in bangkok a good pair of walking shoes.....

extra help of undies....go figure

Comments