Landmark Bangkok

Tags

Spa and Resort Religious Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

beware

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 19, 2009

I stayed in this hotel during may 2009 for aprox. 7 days. First the good part. Hotel as a nice location, great interior and good breakfast. Now the tricky part :
I booked the room by internet and then the price was about 90 usd. At checkin the price was suddenly subject to change and became 117,95 usd. No problem but it already gave me second thoughts. Then they tested my credit card but the hotel staff told me they wouldn't charge me yet. Charging would be at checkout. After 5 days I got a phone call from my credit card company and they asked if I authorized a transfer of aprox 1000 usd by the landmark. I said no and told them what the hotel staff had said at check in.So I agreed to temporary block the transaction until full clearance by Landmark through my credit card company. The same day I found a nice letter by the hotel staff that they were worried by my current balance and I should contact the manager at once because of lack of confidence. I was not amused by the whole situation so I went to the hotel staff . First I settled by paying cash for everything ( 2 days for checkout ) and after that I made clear what I thought of this. If a hotel wants a large payment in advance fine with me but please state these rules to the customer instead of playing games with a credit card. That is what I call lack of confidence. The manager a certain Frank Calvijn was not available for comment. Another example of great management. He was too busy bullying the Thai staff.
This matter made me so angry that I will never stay at any Landmark hotel ever. IT STINKS.

Some other notes>
My room was old and noisy. The breakfast is good but the dining room is overpriced and not try the beef at the restaurant outside. Unless you like food poisoning. The hotel staff gives the impression to be nice but deep inside I think they hate every farang. No surprise with a farang manager. Sorry for my bad review but in my opinion there are better alternatives. Majestic Grande or Marriot offer far more for a better deal.

Unique Quality: Creditcard games

Suzze's Profile Photo

A very comfortable stay in Bangkok

by written on March 24, 2008

We only had three nights here at this hotel, but it was very comfortable and we had a great stay in this lovely hotel. Our room was really nice, nicely decorated and a big bed, bathroom very modern and very clean. We had a great view out onto the city, could not fault anything. I didn't get to see all of what the hotel had to offer as we didn't have the time. Our first night I had a terrible headache from the long flight and did not feel like going out, much to my annoyance as I so wanted to make the most of our short stay here. Well, with bad head preventing us venturing out my husband ordered a meal to be brought to the room.
We then freshened up before it arrived. The door bell rang and when I opened it I could not believe my eyes! It was all set on a beautifully laid out table and the waiter started pushing it in the room, just like you see in the movies I said!
He was very polite and made us sit up to the table and laid our napkins on our lap and took the lids of our meals and poured our drinks out. Wonderful service.
The next morning we went down to breakfast and paid for the buffet, there was everything you could have wanted there, a little expensive but very nice.
We found the next morning that there was a bakery and cafe at the front of the hotel, where you could sit outside or in if you wanted. We sat outside and watched the life of Bangkok go by the next two mornings. We had a lovely breakfast that was alot cheaper than the buffet and just as filling.
The coffee was the best I'd tasted in a long time, could not get enough of it!

Directions: Just by Nana station for the skytrain.

MiamiRob's Profile Photo

Best Sukhumvit Road location and value

by written on January 29, 2008

The Landmark is a solid 4-star hotel that will exceed your expectations. Even in peak season their rates are significantly lower than a comparable hotel in Manhattan or Miami Beach.

Located on Sukhumvit Road, the Landmark is barely 200 yards from the nearest Skytrain station. Food, shopping and all forms of entertainment and nightlife are within minutes of this full-service hotel with its own mall. Although some of the lobby finishes and some floors are not the most up to date and state of the art, you are not paying $300-$400 USD/night anyway, so the Landmark is a relative bargain. And worth it for all the amenities and ultra convenient location. Don't skimp and get the breakfast/cocktail hour package during your stay. The daily buffet and evening happy hour in their rooftop restaurant is more than worth the price for the views alone. The steakhouse restaurant in the top floor is excellent and especially if you're in the mood for a good steak.

Unique Quality: The multi-level mall is a nice amenity, also the fitness center. Several good restaurants on the property as well.

Very nice indeed

by written on April 20, 2007

Although the view from our window was not up to much as we were high and saw rooftops the room itself was first class. We stayed for four days before departing to Phuket for another 10. This holiday was one of the best we have taken and the shopping is fabulous (you want designer copies you got it...good ones) The atmosphere is so alive and the culture leaps out and smacks you. Of course you have to get used to the culture of Thailand with all its good and bad points, the young ladies that accompany many male visitors can be a sad sight to see. The streets can have some beggars, although some are professional and it is best to try to ignore most and keep walking, might sound hard but honestly it is daily life for them. The food in and around the hotel is wonderful and the choice abundant.

Unique Quality: The hotel has the best air conditioning and the nicest foyer I have ever seen, the pool is on an upper floor and the rooms are first class.

Directions: Perfect for shopping and main street activity

SLLiew's Profile Photo

5 Star Hotel at Sukhimvit

by written on December 21, 2006

Excellent facilities. Chose the hotel because of the location at the beginning of Sukhimvit Road. Walking distance to major shopping malls.

Great choice of quality buffet lunch. A variety of Western, Oriental and Thai dishes to sample and savor.

Wish I could stay there a few days more. Very nice hotel in my opinion.

Skytrain station: Nana Station

JoelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel on Sukhumvit

by written on December 7, 2005

Really top class hotel with friendly staff, excellent reception/lobby area. Porters room maids are really friendly and nice. Very clean and comfotable rooms, laundry a bit expensive compared to other places but very well presented when returned to my room (see pic). Cannot comment on restaurants as I didn't have anything to eat here, this hotel is massive...it has a Fitness First Gym, about 4 restaurants, a pub, a coffee bar, swimming pool and lots more. For a full list of facilities please see their website. Overall an excellent stay here and would definitely stay again.

Unique Quality: Greeters at the door where so polite and friendly, asking how I was going and saying "have a good day sir"

devilsheyes's Profile Photo

Good for business

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 2, 2005

it was short stay, i like the bar in the lobbay and the brakefast Bauffa, but the room is small in the room service is quick enough but the food not good, i ordered mashroom soup and club sandwsh both wasnt good.

Pimilan's Profile Photo

Perfect location

by written on September 25, 2005

This hotel open in 1987 is on the best location in Sukhumvit. First surprise the panoramic elevator are used only for the restaurant on the last floor. The room was long but not large. Extremely good service, i have a great breakfast and superb food in the chinese restaurant. Pool of good size and large sundeck with a panoramic view of the area.A great hotel. A station of BTS ( Nana) is walking.

Unique Quality: Perfect location, really good service

Directions: Near Nana Plaza

The perfect start to our honeymoon

by written on July 25, 2005

We stayed at teh Landmark between 04/07 and 07/07 2005. It was our first time in Thailand and the first leg of our honeymoon.

We were upgraded to a junior suite as part of our honeymoon package, and also received fresh fruit and flowers. Our suite was luxurious and roomy with a kingsize bed.

We ate at Nipa Thai (a restarant within the hotel) on our first night and it was absolutely amazing. We also visited Rendezvous bar every evening as it was such a romantic and chilled out place to be.

Every member of staff we came into contact with treated us like royalty, yet in a genuine and natural way.

Breakfast was incredible as well.

Directions: Near Nana Station

nbv07's Profile Photo

Landmark is Great

by written on June 21, 2005

This hotel is wonderful. I went on a school trip so we did not spend that much time at the hotel but when we did it was great. The pool is nice. The staff are very curtious. The best part was the huge buffet breakfast. It had everything you could think of.

rudocp's Profile Photo

Great Service

by written on March 19, 2005

While we were there my husband was very sick with a cold and was stuck in the room for several days. The hotel housekeeping staff brought him flowers to try and make him feel better!

Unique Quality: Housekeeping staff brought orchids to our room everynight and put them on our pillows when they did their turn down service.

Landmark is brilliant

by written on February 1, 2005

This was such a good choice of hotel for us when we visited Bangkok for our fourth visit. It is in such a good location and very near Nana Station which is handy for getting to various places. It was a very comfortable room which had everything we needed. Dining in the Japanese restaurant was first class as was the Thai restaurant. The coffee shop too is also to be recommended and I thought the main buffet restaurant was excellent. I could not fault this hotel.

Unique Quality: Staff were superb at this hotel and bent over backwards to be helpful. The conscierge and the bell boys were very kind. General manager in the restaurant was extremely obliging and went out of his way to find a mango, bringing it to me when I had mentioned I couldn't see any beside the fruit display. Decor in the hotel was lovely and very peaceful. Pool excellent and service again there was second to none.

jmmorgan's Profile Photo

One night was not enough

by written on May 22, 2004

A comfortable and well located property in the Sukhumvit area of the city close to Nana station.
We were given a suite which was very comfortable and spacious and had a wonderful bathroom.
The hotel was nicely appointed and had a good choice of restaurants and bars.

Unique Quality: Excellent location for moving around the city.

Pomska's Profile Photo

Luxorius hotel

by written on April 12, 2004

I enjoyed my stay at the Landmark hotel. The guests are mainly business people but the hotel is a good choice for other travellers also.

The ordinary rooms are quite small. The pool is also quite small but very nice and big enough. There's also a jacuzzi next to the pool but my opinion is that its water gets too hot when the weather is also hot and humid. You can find the pool at the 9th floor. There's also a sun deck at the 11th floor. You can enter the sun deck from pool and vice versa. While we stayed at the hotel we found the sun deck very quiet and peaceful place to relax. The pool area was sometimes very crowded and that's why we mostly stayed at the sun deck.

The hotel staff were excellent! They were friendly and always smiling. Especially those men/boys who worked in the pool bar, they were great!

The location is good. The nearest station is Nana Station and it takes about 2 minutes to walk from hotel to the station.

Unique Quality: I liked very much the buffet breakfast. You can choose almost everything from the traditional japanese breakfast to the english breakfast.

The fruits were so juicy and fresh! There's also a wide section of desserts such like sugar-dognuts and croissants. Yam!

Directions: Sukhumvit, next to Nana Skytrain Station.

seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Fashionable Sukhumvit Road Area

by written on September 12, 2002

Good location... luxurious rooms...terrific amenities.

There is a station of the Skytrain right in front of the hotel.

Nearby Landmark Bangkok

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews