40 / 5 Surawong Road, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• A truly luxury experience

I am a frequent flyer when it comes to Bangkok and several other destinations in the Asia pacific region. I have had a chance to stay at almost all the major hotels and Le Meridian is one of my personal favorites, I have been a member ever since my teen years however the chance to stay at Le Meridian hotels came years later. From the décor to the gym, and to the pool to the restaurants Le Merdian hotels are always the best in the town, truly haute. However they still charge for the internet and try luring you into extensive offers they are still one of the best in the business.

Unique Quality: The grand haute aura of the place.

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

A real 5 star hotel

This is a truly 5 star hotel. We loved our room, gigantic and GREAT décor, the bed was a little bit hard, but good. The bathroom and the amenities were to die for. The gym is beyond amazing (to the point that you can become a member for the club), the pool is WOW! And you can have drinks by the pool with outstanding service. They have plenty of options in the bar and restaurant and everything is 1st quality.

The downside? The staff is a little bit snotty and the extras are way too expensive for Asia. They forget they are in Bangkok! You cannot charge $18 USD for internet per laptop! My husband and I work from our laptops, so to add $36 per day for internet is excessive, it would be a no go in the US or Europe, and it’s even worse if you think you are in Asia where everything is so much cheaper! (and if you want to use their business center, they charge you $2 USD for 10 minutes!)

The staff is very professional and smiles all the time, but sometimes you feel they don’t really care about you and the smile is just a facade. They never gave us good ideas on where to go (I don’t want to eat at your restaurant all the time! Give me some options like every other hotel does!). When we check in they offered and upgrade (100% more of what we paid already) and when we refused, she stopped smiling after that. Not a big deal, but not a warmth welcome…

Unique Quality: Overall a GREAT 5 star hotel.

• Excellent Services and Facilities

My first time to stay at this hotel during my Bangkok business trip. The trip was going to be hectic and after a long flight the hotel provided excellent services and it was little relaxing for me to stay there. The hotel is on best location and east to reach from the airport. The all staffs were very friendly and provided great services, the food was delicious and I really enjoy French food.

I stay there for a week and after hectic day schedule, I got little bit relax and enjoy the Spa. Overall this was good experience to stay there and must be visit again. Thanks to Manager and all staff to make my trip fabulous.

I had booked Le Meridien hotel through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/far/lemeridien.aspx

Unique Quality: Food, Rooms, Services, Spa

More about Le Meridien Bangkok

Coolest Room I ever stayed in

by jake5148 about Le Meridien Bangkok

Wow! This brand new hotels is really great, the Lobby is designed in a minimalistic style with really comfortable leather chairs and free Wifi. The Rooms are awesome, the tub is huge and can fit two people the curtains are automatic and you get a 32 in TV. The Gym is also great all the equipment is new and you can do just about any work out with what they have. The pool is not to big but very cool. Another great thing abotu this place is the price, I paid about $90 USD for a room that would have been $150 - $200 anywhere else. I highly recommend you stay here. located in Bangkok's Silom business district, near Patpong Night Market and the entertainment zone, easily accessible to the sky train

Chic and charming

by TripAdvisor Member JNLSingapore

Despite its location opposite Patpong night bazaar, the Le Meridien Bangkok is a stylish property with a boutique hotel vibe. The dark marbled lobby is a universe away from the hawker-laden streets, and it was always a pleasure when we stepped inside the hotel after a quick jaunt around the city in its unforgiving heat and humidity. Just as all other reviews have said about this hotel, it is exceedingly modern and service can not get any better. The staff are always eager to help without being meddlesome—something that they do which is a real bonus is that they insist cab drivers turn on their meters before driving off. The concierge personnel are also adept at providing sound advice on getting around the city and are always more than willing to dish out updates on the traffic (or in the case of the recent Bangkok state of emergency, rally) situations.
If you’re looking to stay away from the main commercial drag of the city, this hotel is a good choice as it is conveniently located near the Sala Daeng BTS station which is linked to the Central Pier (Sathorn) ferry station, Siam Center and the National Stadium. Le Meridien Bangkok is also a 5 minute tuk tuk ride away from the Suan Lum night market and Lumpini Park.
The décor of the hotel is masculine—dark wood is a common element throughout and artistic accents are placed to enhance the cosmopolitan feel of the space. Our standard room had a collection of traditional Thai and contemporary art pieces and a large window overlooking the main road, making it a plush setting to get away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. We always looked forward to returning to our room because of its sheer comfort.
The spa is also beautifully designed—the pristine walls are lined with smooth pebbles and the rooms are designed in a circular manner. Although leaning towards the expensive end, the treatments are administered well and the service is attentive and discreet.
And by all means, do not miss the breakfast buffet. The spread includes both European and Asian staples, some of which are cooked ala minute, and the requisite fresh fruit, juices, yoghurt and freshly brewed illy coffee.
The hotel is still relatively new; we were told that it opened three months ago. Perhaps this may be why the service and amenities are impeccable. But I sincerely hope that Le Meridien Bangkok maintains this standard—it really can’t be beat.

best new hotel in bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member tronicmusic

lovely hotel with beautifully and tastefully decorated rooms. its boutique style, but thankfully not over designed or too minimal. the pool is very nice as well and gets sun all day which is a big plus (i used to stay at the lebua, but there you only get sun at the pool until 12 or 1pm)
the location is very central, staff is very attentive, rooms are super quiet, and its now my favorite hotel in bangkok. will stay here again.

Great new bangkok hotel

by TripAdvisor Member johnjflan

Had two stays at Le Merdien-two nights at the beginning of Thailand trip and one night at end. Both were great. In talking with one staff he mentioned that this was a soft opening with the grand opening in early April. It looks like they have a winner if they can keep up the service and facility.
Location is great if you don't mind the Patpong area. Taxis and Tuk Tuks are plentiful (if not annoying-but that's not the hotel's fault). The interior is crisp and clean with nice scents. Rooms were big and comfortable. Nice toiletries and free candy bar and water (very helpful when it's 90 degrees outside). The staff were superb-friendly and helpful. All spoke good English. They were nice enough to hold one of bags from the first stay until I returned 4 days later for the final night stay.
The breakfast menu-created by Jean Georges-was excellent-the best meal of the day-with a combination of eastern and western influences. Concierge gave good restaurant recommendations.
Overall excellent. Be sure to have the address with you for the taxi drivers. The hotel is so new most do not know of it.

My new favorite hotel in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member logisnews

My wife and I decided to try Le Meridien instead of going to the Grand Sukumvit as planned (I'd stayed there several times before). As Starwood Platinum members we got a great room and the staff was just wonderful. I loved the location once I figured out how to navigate the short streets between the Hotel and the Skytrain and Metro station (both about the same distance... actually the Metro is a bit closer and right behind the hotel. Anyway the location is great -- right in the middle of everything and easy to get around (notwithstanding the challenges of crossing the street, though there was a cross walk down toward the starbucks. Oh, and you're right there at the Patpong night market... can't get any closer.

The staff were wonderful, the pool a bit on the small side but everyone was so helpful and friendly. The restaurant Bamboo (I think) had great drinks an sushi.

Anyway, everything was great, we'll definitely be back.

Nice trendy hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Simon38

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 09. The hotel is beautifully designed and very cutting edge in its design. I'm not sure how it will look in 5 years time but for now this is a lovely hotel.

Rooms are a decent size and have every possible amenity. Internet isn't free but that's pretty normal for a 5* hotel. Bathrooms are very nice.

Location is good as far as I'm concerned, 5 minutes from BTS and MTR, close to many restaurants including one of my favourites Somboon seafood. Patpong is on the doorstep which is sleezy but you don't need to go into any of those sort of bars if you don't want. I find it adds to the characetr of the area which I find much nicer than SUkhumit and more interesting than riverside.

Pool is not that big with only about 12 beds. I suspect it would be busy at wekends but it was very nice on a week day afternoon.

Breakfast is very good.

This hotel is now my hotel of choice in Bangkok provided the room costs stay under 6000 baht per night. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Fantastic Hotel, Fabulous Staff - Two Thumbs Up

by TripAdvisor Member foxyroxyVancouver

We recently spent 3 weeks in Thailand. We began our trip in Bangkok at the Le Meridien, we also stayed at the Le Meridien Phuket, Phi Phi Islang Village Resort and The Racha.

My husband and I with our two teenage daughters stayed here for 5 days at the beginning of March.
The room, staff and food (especially the buffet breakfast) exceeded ALL of our expectations.
The rooms as others have mentioned are very trendy and new, we were in a suite and every possible convenience you could think of was available.
Beyond the esthetic beauty of the hotel what made this a wonderul stay was the friendly staff. They always greeted us with a smile and by name be it at breakfast, the front desk or when we came back to the hotel after an outing.
An example of the staff going beyond expecations - we took a tour to see the tigers at the temples (which is a 3 hour drive each way away from the hotel- ***we love tigers but this was way to far to go to see the tigers for 30 minutes***) The touring company tried to charge us extra at the end of the trip, and the Meridien staff stepped in to assist in making sure that we were not charged anything extra.
The location of the hotel, was also a plus as it was only a couple of blocks away from the transit/train station which we used daily. We also enjoyed the foot massages two doors down from the hotel (250 baht for 1 hour - staff has orange shirts). We also enjoyed the Tasty Thai Restaurant across the street for quick thai meals. The Patpong Night Market across the street is entertaining, but the venders were very aggressive and way over priced compared to the other markets we went to.
Other friends travelling around the same time stayed here as well and also gave it rave reviews and would tell friends to choose this hotel

Loved this hotel...location, service and style

by TripAdvisor Member nychellzkitchen

Great hotel. Wonderful location near sky train, Silom and night market. The hotel has a great sense of style. Feels some where between a boutique hotel and a medium size hotel. Great rain shower... breakfast cant be beat. Will return to this hotel. Perfect hotel for nightime fun!

Slick, sexy, sophisticated

by TripAdvisor Member suitdude30

Just returned home from a 4-night stay at Le Meridien. Must admit that its #1 rating on tripadvisor was a factor in persuading me to stay here, but primarily, it was to be with friends and due to its location. The entire hotel is a temple of cool design, so sexy, slick and sophisticated. For fans of contemporary design (that is not minimalist), this is your place. It is apparent that a great deal of thought was invested in the design of this hotel, and the attention to detail is impressive.

Le Meridien is only 4 months old, and its top 6 floors are still being finished (don't worry, no construction noise). Everything looks, feels and smells new. The lobby in particular has a lovely scent, day or night. A soundtrack was specially composed by a French musician for the elevators - so you hear different "sounds of nature" depending on the time of day. Loved this hotel for its:
* Obliging and friendly staff (although this appears to be the norm for most Thai hotels
* An easy 8 minute walk to Sala Daeng BTS (Skytrain) terminus
* Superb breakfast buffet spread
* Cool and hip design throughout the entire hotel

Rooms are spacious - what I liked best was its lighting, especially for bedtime reading (a big oversight at many 5 star hotels). My standard room was equipped with an expansive 3-seater couch, and a side table is thoughtfully provided for room service meals (rather than eating in bed or at the writing desk). Bathrooms are finished in black marble, with an enormous shower stall boasting a hand-held shower AND an overhead "rainfall" shower. Toiletries weren't of the best quality, though - generic Le Meridien variety. My friend's suite was equipped with Hermes toiletries, though.

Cards in the bedroom and bathroom can be used to save linen and towels being replaced (put the card on the bed if you want your sheets changed), but all my linen was replaced daily even though I did not deploy the cards. Disappointing, from an environmental perspective. Housekeeping staff also spoke loudly, and they could be heard (perhaps poor insulation/thin walls?) from down the corridor.

The breakfast buffet at "Latest Recipe" was fantastic, as with most Asian hotels.

Le Meridien is directly opposite the Patpong area, famous for its night market and sex shops. Plenty of restaurants, convenience shops and assorted shops within a short walk. Highly recommended.

Comments