12 Sukhumvit Soi 29, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Legacy Suites Bangkok

Stylish

by aisama about Legacy Suites Bangkok

I am so picky when it comes to a place to stay during my travel, I tend to look for hotels that have stylish and modern furnitures than the traditional hotels, designers hotels are usually my target, but this hotel is more than what I expect, its clean, stylish, has a beautiful indoors and outdoors, a huge pool with children pool as well, the staff are so helpful.

The Phrom Phong BTS Sky Train Station is a five minute walk down the road and the Sukhumvit MRT Station is 15 minutes away. Also the ultra-chic Emporium Shopping Center is walking distance from the hotel. The hotel offers a free wifi lane in every room, also they have Ten-Sui Japanese Restaurant, which specializes in Japanese food. It is open from 6.30 am to 11.30 pm.

Legacy Suites, simply the right home in Bangkok!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Ben073

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Legacy Suites in Bangkok. I must say i had a great stay as the staff were friendly, accomodating and most helpful. Managed by a group of professionals under the stable of Compass Hospitality, Legacy Suites is real value for money.

Legacy Suites is located in quiet lane (Soi 29) and this is most condusive to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy Bangkok.
The apartments are tastefully done with a modern outlook , which gives a nice feeling. It provides a very relaxed feeling as one walks into the lobby, minus all the noise and crowds that can be fond in other properties.

They have all the facilities as well, a nice relaxing pool, restaurant, gym and fast internet facilities.

The staff were very friendly and housekeeping did a great job to ensure maximum cleanliness of the apartment. The bell boys and front desk staff had all the information needed on their finger tips, which makes it easy and fast for the resident.

Overall, i would like to say that Legacy Suites is a hidden secret of downtown Bangkok and i would definitely reccomend the place to anyone.

magnifique

by TripAdvisor Member jacquesm2002

Traveler rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bangkok: Legacy Suites Bangkok : "MAGNIFIQUE"
New A TripAdvisor Member

loved this hotel.
reception staff is very helpful, friendly and ready to assist.
Miss Keng is one of the best - always smiling and welcoming.
Miss Gift is a gift of the hotel. she manages her staff professionally
and ready to satisfy the customers stay in the hotel.
hotel is clean and quiet. spacious rooms
well located.
warmly recommended

Some minor negatives, however might stay here again...

by TripAdvisor Member GregTK

We spent 6 nights in total at Legacy Suites (a 2 night and 4 night stay, in different room types). Please read the full review because even though I more extensively listed the negatives, we might stay here again. I am just listing as many negatives as possible in order to allow other travelers to make up their minds... you will notice that some negative arguments are quite "fussy".

Let's start with THE POSITIVES:
Very modern and spacious fully equipped rooms (whatever type you choose). Excellent value for money.
Modern, spacious lobby.
Free Wi-Fi in the public spaces.
Knowledgeable, polite, friendly efficient staff.
When you need a taxi, the hotel's staff always manages to find you one in the shortest time possible and when booked via the hotel you never need to negotiate for the taxi driver to put on the meter.
Location is quite good on Soi 29, in between 2 Skytrain (BTS) stations. Just off Sukkhumvit but really peaceful to Bangkok standards (once in the room, I said "listen ... you can't hear anything").
The pool looks good and is big enough for a swim, but it could do with a clean early morning, every morning. The sun loungers are new, comfortable and the hotel provides fresh towels.

THE NEGATIVES:
The "electrics" seemed to be a problem during both our stays. On our first stay the domotics system in our room didn't work, causing the lights to stay on at all times (switches didn't work). 3 hours and a horde of technicians later the problem was finally solved and we could have a nap. On our next stay there were problems with the elevators, so we had to take the service elevator to get from our room to the ground floor.
Musty smell in the bathroom (in a Legacy Suite).
Attention to detail when dusting and cleaning the rooms. DVD player shelf was heavily laden with dust during first stay (in a Legacy Suite) and the rug was badly stained during our second stay. We are not neurotic about stuff like that but it is just a shame really because the rooms look really good.
In order to go to the swimming pool you need to go through the lobby, which sometimes feels a bit weird when you are dressed in shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops amongst other guests in suits (this is probably more of an issue for women).
The little things: very modern toilets in the lobby but nothing to actually dry your hands; 2 Samsung LCD TVs and a DVD player in the room but no DVDs you can borrow; always items missing in the mini bar (which you have to notify reception about in order to avoid being charged); fully equipped kitchen but no towel or cloth (if guests can keep the kitchen more tidy there is less work for cleaning staff); the condom pack on the list of items in the room makes it sound like a seedy hotel while it isn't at all; confusion about the Free Wi-Fi by one member of the staff, who pretended we needed to pay for it (happened only once I must admit).
During our stay there was extra refurbishing work in other rooms going on, causing quite some noise ... but they scheduled it well and some disturbance is unavoidable really.
No room service nor available snacks or drinks when at the pool, which makes sense for serviced apartments. You might be able to get some Japanese food from the restaurant but no easy snack or quick sandwich.
Breakfast ... don't bother! It took 4 attempts to get fried eggs that were actually well done (without being fussy) and we suspect that it actually was a lady serving the food that went in the kitchen to actually get the job done. By the time the eggs were ok (9:45am) there was no bacon left and we had to ask for knives, coffee cups, butter and bread because after 9:30am things seem to "slow down". We stayed 6 nights and had breakfast only twice. But we never considered this a major problem really. In Bangkok you only have to walk a few yards to find food anyhow.
The Japanese restaurant that is part of Legacy Suites, and where breakfast is served, is quite pricey really (just check the price of a Singha beer). However, this restaurant must be doing something right because they were doing very well every evening. It seemed to mainly cater to Japanese people and I guess you would be ready to pay a premium if the food is really good and you actually know what you are ordering ;-)
Overall I would say that this place seems to suffer from an identity crisis "Am I a hotel or serviced apartments?" Why not just scrap the breakfast and reduce the price of the rooms?

CONCLUSION:
Would we stay at Legacy Suites again? Not sure really ... they are competing in a price bracket where by paying a little more you can get the full 4/5 star treatment (when shopping around). We would for example consider the Marriott Resort & Spa on the river for our next stay, being fully aware that the rooms would probably not compare.
It depends what you are looking for really?
If you are looking for spacious modern rooms and will be self-catering, then Legacy Suites is perfect.
If you want the luxury of a nice breakfast, room service, snacks and drinks at the pool, an international bar and restaurant, then Legacy Suites isn't for you.

Management could turn these serviced apartments into something VERY good by paying more attention to detail and deciding if they want to be a hotel or serviced apartments. If they would just forget about the breakfast (but put some essentials in the fridge for the guests on arrival), completely go for the serviced apartments approach and slightly reduce the price this would result in a really good differentiated offering.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FORRO

I stayed at Legacy Suites for 2 nights begining of June. From the airport you can either jump on a taxi (400 baht) or take the express bus. I took the express bus (150 baht) to Sukhumvit and they dropped me off at soi 29 where the hotel is located. Nearest BTS is Phom Phong or Arok. Arok is a bit closer, but Phom Phong is where the Emporium shopping mall is located if you are into brandname stuff. The hotel is modern and very clean. Most important, it's quiet, away from all the traffic. The staff is extremely helpful. The room is spacious, with flat screen tv. I like the bathroom with separate bath and shower. There is a small gym and decent size swiming pool on the ground floor right out side the entrance. The front desk staff always carry a smile on their face and are extremely helpful. Well done to the management. The only thing that was a minus is the breakfast. Wish there were more choice. And the staff at the Japanese restaurant was a bit of a joke. During my first morning, breakfast , the restaurant staff was actually playing with some drunk guests behind the counter laughing and screaming. Quite annoying. I saw some of the guests walked out as they couldnt stand the noise. The next morning I didnt bother to take my breakfast. The Hotel alone and the frontdesk staff rock. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit BKK, maybe this September.

Lovely hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member KathrynC

I booked 2 studio rooms for myself and my husband and a couple of friends for 2 nights. We all really liked the Legacy Suites. It is a modern, clean hotel with lovely staff. The reception staff could not have been any more welcoming and it was no problem for them to put us into our room when we arrived at 9am.

The location is great as Bangkok really doesn't have a centre. We liked this location as we got to see more of the city. The walk along sukhumvit road is a very interesting one and there are plenty of shops and lots to see and take in. Taxis are very cheap to anywhere you go - it cost about £1 for a 10 minute drive, but always remember to ask for the meter to be put on. The Skytrain was only a 10 minute walk away and takes you to many places in the city very quickly. It again is very cheap - about 25p for a ticket. I would really recommend booking a hotel near a Syktrain station, it's a great service. It might be an idea to stay here on the east side of the city and then stay a night or 2 on the west, near the river. That's what we did and we really felt we got to see the best of Bangkok.

Other people have said that the breakfast at this hotel is not the best and I would definitely agree with this and so would my friends. The breakfast area isn't big enough, there were not enough seats, the food doesn't look or taste very appetising and one of the days they had no tea. We went to our rooms to have a cup of tea, but there was no milk, this was rather disappointing. This is something the hotel needs to look into, because everything else at the hotel is just great. I also agree with others that Wifi should be free in the rooms as it is in many other hotels.

I would recommend staying at this hotel, it's ideal in many ways and it's also at a great price.

This place is great!

by TripAdvisor Member JTWB

We booked our room on last minute.com and paid around £50 a little hard after the £5 a night rooms on Koh Toa but if you compare it to what you'd pay in london it's nothing.
Massive suite room, the bathroom has a bath and a very powerful shower. Staff we're very friendly and the breakfast which was included was great. The room comes with it's own kitchen so if you were staying for a week or so could do some cooking, thats if you got bored with the 1000's of great places to eat.
The swimming pool was pretty big and well kept, we didn't have time to test run as had to leave for the airport first thing.
As for location, it took about 10mins and 5 stops on the sky train to get to MBK(20B) the big shopping mall where you can shop and eat till you drop.
When we left we took a taxi meter cab to the international airport around 45mins drive, make sure they put it on the meter and don't pay more than 250-300 B.
Don't think you could go far wrong with this place;)

Great room, average location & service, poor breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Lyn_Lee_SG

Room review:
I got a Deluxe room on their top floor, I like the room. Nice design, NEW, clean, spacious, quiet, well-equipped (LCD TV, DVD player, ironing board, microwave, kitchen wares etc) and lots of storage spaces. House keeping did their usual daily routine, no issue with this. The other dislike is NO FREE WIRELESS internet in room. I was told that they charge about 350 bahts for 24 hrs.

Other minor stuff:
It will be good if they can change the bed to king size for deluxe rooms (stated on website twin bed but an option to change will be great). Minus point is that the room dont smell good when we entered (not sure if it's the fragrant they use or some other smell). Not a problem to most but I'm quite sensitive and got a slight headache. It's just for the first day after that it cleared. No directory in room on facilities available there. No tour desk nor tourist information. Anything you need, check up at the reception.

Breakfast:
A small and simple selection (sausage, veg, porridge, bread, pastry, eggs, juices, tea). First day is ok but if you stay more than that, you eat the same thing everyday and get sick of it. A small selection is ok but they should at least change the menu daily.

Location:
It is between 2 BTS stations, off the main road (a bit dark at night). Quiet and safe location. 7-10mins walk to nearest BTS station. It is easy to walk (pass by 7-11, supermarket, spas, food stores along the way) but may be tedious for parents with children. Taxi fare is about 300 bahts from airport and 400 bahts back to airport.

In conclusion, rooms are recommended but give the breakfast a miss. I will not return as wireless and breakfast are critical factors for consideration which are available/better in other bangkok apartment i have stayed previously.

Simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member albertnazzaro

We stayed twice at this hotel. july 27th -30th and Aug 10-13 2008.

has to be the best room i ever stayed in at any hotel . very friendly. very clean. very safe. MASSIVE ROOMS. I will go back to this hotel next year forsure. for people who are travelling to bangkok must stay here, you will not be disappointed. TON ,the girl at the front deck , was very helpful. the price was also very good and cheap for what you get.

Excellente!

by TripAdvisor Member moolap

Top notch - totally recommended for those wanting a 4 star serviced-apartment experience with a great price. We stayed for 5 days and could not stop raving about the cleanliness, service and location!

Firstly, Foong and the door man are amazing! Having a personalised and cheerful front desk is refreshing from many stuffy hotels. We stayed in an Executive Suite which featured all the modern delights - LCD tv, huge bed, kitchenette and spacious bathroom... The pool is beautiful and a relaxing haven in the middle of the bustling city. Breakfast was divine (we loved the little sausages!) and served fresh every morning at the Japanese restaurant - the standard was expected of the property's size. We also had dinner which was authentically Japanese and tasted great!

There was nothing wrong with the location. We knew it was situated near Phrong Phom skytrain station (which is the BEST and easiest way to get around Bangkok!) which is near The Emporium (luxury shopping mall) and 4 stations away from Siam (main shopping area)... It took about 10 minutes walk to get to Phrong Phom station - which was fine because you can experience the local sights and sounds of the city. The skytrain trip itself only took 5-10 minutes, so before you know it - you'll be in the hub of the city!

We wanted to cancel our second hotel and continue to stay at Legacy - it was that good!!! Definitely will be returning to Bangkok and staying here!

Comments