Bangkok Hotels

• blueskyjohn profile photo blueskyjohn
  • Reviews: 917

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vabua Asotel: Not conveniently located to anything

I happened to stay at this hotel through a friend. I was fortunate to have a suite with a living room and separate bedroom. It was definitely clean and the bed was firm which is good for me. The shower was hot but the TV did not work in the bedroom only the one in the living room.

The hotel does have a restaurant that I tried but I was not impressed. Although the seating was indoor there were a lot of flies. I placed my order then let the waiter know I had to run back to my room. When I returned less than 10 minutes later, my food was sitting out at my table with several flies on it. Not good.

It is also very far away with no good public transportation unless you are very familiar with the bus system.

I would not stay here again.

The room was very nice but run down a bit. I was comped on the room so I can say whether it was a good deal.

• Related to: Singles, Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written July 3, 2014

• blueskyjohn profile photo blueskyjohn
  • Reviews: 917

Dynasty Grande Hotel: Clean and convenient

This hotel in conveniently located near the Nana BTS station on Sukhumvit Rd. I stayed 3 nights and found it to be very clean and the walk to the sky train was about 5 or 10 minutes. The room was spacious. I had a king size bed that was nice and firm which I prefer. The room was equipped with a mini refrigerator, and safe. The air conditioner worked very well which is important as Bangkok gets very hot and sticky.

The hotel staff were very friendly and were good with directions to the sky train but when I asked if they could recommend a good place for breakfast one morning, they had no idea. This may be because there is a restaurant attached to the hotel, which I didn't know when I asked. Strangely they did not direct me to the hotel restaurant. They may have thought I knew. It was not a big deal.

I would definitely staff here again.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Seniors, Singles
  • Written June 30, 2014
Tip Photo

• rolphbronkhorst profile photo rolphbronkhorst
  • Reviews: 86

Chana: Mansion and Hotel in Minburi district

In November 2012, we stayed for 1 week in the Chana Hotel. Unfortunately the pool was closed for repairs. The hotel has a restaurant in front of the entrance in a seperate building.

Close to Minburi marker and close distant to the Bangkok airports.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written January 23, 2014

• Tedsocoa profile photo Tedsocoa
  • Reviews: 109

TUNE HOTEL Asoke, Bangkok,: Good hotel in center of Bangkok

When you want to stay just some days in the ceter of Bangkok, this Tune Hotel is an excellent way to discover the city. Constructed in 2012, so bright new, clean, simple, excellent service of front desk. 2 minutes walking from Sukhumvit, with Sky train of Metro, so excellent connections.
Everything is new in this hotel, large ventilator and or Aircom are functionning without noice, beds are clean with new covers, curtains are fine. The rooms are not large, but the confortable for having a good night. (14m² ) with flatscreen TV, inroom safe, and DVD reader.

The safety is good organised, a guard day and night at the frontdesk. If you don't have your electronic doorkey, you cannot use the elevator, so nobody outside this hotel can get inside.
What I never saw, is that even the elevator has been contructed for disabled persons, who can easily reach the floorbottums, which are situated horizontally and at 1 m. high.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written December 19, 2013

• krubkrib profile photo krubkrib
  • Reviews: 2

Novotel Bangkok Platinum: Love Novotel

This trip was my holiday trip to Thailand. I was excited. Upon reaching BKK airport, I waited for the taxi to pick me up but this take quite a long time so it’s better an airport link next time T_T. This time I stayed in Novotel Bangkok Platinum, first step I went in this hotel I was stunning. I must compliment that service’s really really freaking good.

The best thing about this hotel is the linkage to platinum fashion mall. I notice that this mall was really clouded with many crazy tourist that love shopping. When I took the escalator down I’m already there (Super convenient).

Finally, we went to our room. I love the see through glass wall in the shower that made laugh and I saw my girlfriend naked that night hahaha. Obviously there were blinds but she didn’t know it before I showed her she almost kick my ass haha.

The breakfast there was awesome!!. (Bacon, Noodles, fried rice and Scrambled egg). After breakfast, my girlfriend start went crazy with the shopping mall. We walked for 10 hours and she brought a whole lot of clothing’s but that good that I wasn’t the one who pay for her hah.

Next day after a half day shopping around mid afternoon because our bag were filled with clothes. We went to relaxing at the hotels’ swimming pool. I totally love the view here, and we just found out that we actually can walk to Siam Paragon shopping department store.

The day after I got to work urgently but good luck that here have business center and really helpful staff help me out.

While we waiting for our flight back, we had lunch buffet at the square restaurant. There are so many choices of food and it’s really tasty. I love roasted duck, pizza and sushi. Especially all the dessert is really good too.

I obviously come back here again in the future. Nice view, Nice location, Nice staff, Nice pool. Just nice nice and nice. Thank you Novotel!! you to made my trip unforgettable.

Nice pool
Great views
Nice foods and cocktails
Great location
Great facilities

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 22, 2013

Novotel

• ancient_traveler profile photo ancient_traveler
  • Reviews: 924

SAM'S LODGE

Location near Asok BTS station and Sukhumvit Metro Station and Terminal 21 Mall. Dont forget to eat breakfast Thai noodle in the front of the building, its delicious and cheap. There are many Thai massage along the street with different price.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 5, 2013

• royalempress profile photo royalempress
  • Reviews: 401

Private Boat to our Hotel/Mansion, Praya Palazzo: You gotta love Bangkok

We usually stay at unique hotels and generally prefer very small places that have a charm and ambiance and this hotel/mansion is probably one of the nicest that we have found. It is located on the river that flows through Bangkok and there are no roads to it, you must access it by private boat. Once you arrive they give you a cell phone and when you need to be picked up they send the boat over. The location is a perfect escape from the busy city and seemed very safe.
The hotel, Praya Palazzo, a converted century's old 17 room mansion has been completely restored and includes two private restaurants and a nice swimming pool on the river. We ate all our meals by the pool next to the Mae Nam Chao Phraya river watching all the interesting boat traffic. During our 8 night stay at the Mansion we usually sat out by the pool on the river and enjoyed watching lit up party boats going by. The food was excellent and we had fun choosing off the Thai side of the menu. The rumor is that the chief was the kings former chief. The wait persons were all from a local village and the hotel trained them so they weren't polished but rather very interesting to talk with. I could write a book just on this hotel as there is so much to say, If I could give it 6 stars on everything I would, it was just plain perfect. All of the staff is wonderful, there was nothing to much they could do for us. When we first arrived a man introduced himself as our "Head Butler" and a crew of people whisked our bags to the room. Next came a lady with a tray of sparkling cider in champagne glasses. Joe, our Butler informed us if there was anything we needed just call him on the cell. That was it, no check-in at a desk, we were just checked in by Joe when we arrived.. Sooo nice after 16hr flights. Joe later on thought it would be nice if we had fresh local fruit, so every day he would bring a very large platter of local fruit. He shopped on his own time. Strange, wonderful, delicious, fruit. Joe made our stay at the Mansion memorable. I ran out of a medicine while there and Joe called 10 different hospitals/pharmacies trying to find it to no avail. The next day, his day off, the only day off he borrowed a car and drove us across the large town to the International Hospital to get my medicine.
This hotel is beautiful but is not a modern upgraded hotel with posh service and posh rooms. You are actually staying in times past person's home. When we regrettably, had to leave to catch the 11:45 PM flight out Joe and his crew helped us on the boat off onto the dock and then carried our bags to road and gave instructions to our driver. It was quite a distance from the dock, and through a shopping area to get to the street. Nothing was too much for the customer.
I like to think we have made friends with the staff at the Mansion as they seemed all to be interested in us and we in them. Most all spoke some English so language was no problem.
If you want a totally wonderful experience stay at the Praya Palazzo, we had the deluxe, river view room and it was great, except for the European Shower.

Personable, Historic, Mansion with a pool,, library and two restaurants and wonderful views of Bangkok.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 30, 2013

Great People, Much to see, Bangkok

• bonio profile photo bonio
  • Reviews: 2482

S33 Compact: S33 Compact

Second stop on our week in Bangkok, on the lively Soi33. 4 nights here in 2 different rooms (our fault not theirs)
First room massive with all comforts needed, second room a little smaller but just as comfy, really did enjoy our stay here.
Rates reasonable, not the cheapest in town by any means but by European prices - fantastic and a good breakfast was included in the cost.
Friendly and helpful staff and a free tuk-tuk ride to the nearest BTS skytrain too, probably revisit next time we're in town.

• Written April 17, 2013

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 1439

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ibis Riverside: Excellent riverside location.

We stayed in the Ibis Riverside for 2 nights. To get here take the sky train to Kron Thong Buri Station. Exit via exit 4, walk straight ahead, keep on same road till a road crosses it. Cross this road over the bridge, you will see the hotel sign on the left as you come down the stairs.

Reception, check in was efficient. Our room was a typical Ibis room, basic but comfortable and with all you could need. We had an in-room safe, tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet at night. We slept well.

The best thing about the hotel was its pool. It was a big rectangular pool and we were often lucky enough to have it to ourselves. I loved the pool.

The other good thing was the hotel was located on the river with lovely river views. There was a little play park for children, too.

Breakfast was served by the river. Breakfast was fairly good with a selection of local and western dishes. No bacon, though.

We ate dinner by the river one night, too. Food was good. There was a buffet going on which looked great, but we were not hungry enough to have it, so opted for a la carte. Restaurant sevice was just OK. They do draft chang beer.There are buffets most nights with seafood buffet once a week. I think on Thursdays.

The hotel provides a free tuk tuk to the sky train. We did not use it. Easy to get around from here by skytrain. Or if you prefer boat exit the hotel to the main road and go right then down through the park under the sky train and you can catch a boat to Saphin Taksin to connect to the local express boat. There were two seven elevens and some restaurants near the hotel. We would be happy to stay here again.

Riverside setting, great pool.

• Written March 31, 2013

Great pool.

• jopetsy profile photo jopetsy
  • Reviews: 47

Glow Hotel Pratunam: Pratunam's Newest Baby

As a frequent visitor to Bangkok, I always stay at Pratunam for business & shopping. The hotel is conveniently located at the area just across Pantip Plaza and a bridgeway away to the Platinum Mall. Their lobby is located at the 7th floor and upon arriving, a welcome drink was served. The lobby looks fresh and new and has the modern feel of a new and chic hotel. We were given a room on the 10th floor and the hallway was wide. All the materials and fixtures used were of the best, an example could be their toilet were in all faucets and showers were made by Grohe. Strong pressured water plus strong drain means you won't flood yourself while showering. They have also included a bidet for the bowl, what were missing could just be their bathtub but could be okay without its perfect for a business hotel.
Beds were comfy including the pillows and all the comforters. LCD TV with 32" are installed but channels were very limited, no HBO or Discovery channel. Nat Geo is there but in Thai language. Since I am not a fan of TV, I could just miss out on that. Internet was more important and it the hotel has done its job on this. Free wifi anywhere in the hotel with an average speed of 4MBPS.
Breakfast was free as well but in my 2 days of having it, I didn't see the menu changed. Breakfast was normal and could just fill up but I could skip this.
My final verdict, I would definitely stay in this hotel next time I go back. I hope they get to keep the quality of the hotel for the next years to come.

Have a feel of a boutique hotel right in the middle of Pratunam. It includes free WIFI with a blazing speed and a mini pool good for relaxing.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 9, 2013

GLOW PRATUNAM | Modern Lobby

• Kitty82 profile photo Kitty82
  • Reviews: 54

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

AETAS Bangkok: Great Hotel.

AETAS Bangkok was an enjoyable stay - its only a 5min walk to the BTS or the hotel can provide a complimentary tuk tuk service. We booked a deluxe room and it was fantastic - modern, clean and roomy. The only problem we had was with the shower, it has a poor design, if you don't tilt the shower head all the way forward, the water will leak around the sides of the bathtub and all the way to the floor - we used all our towels just to clean up the mess!!
Staff were helpful - some more then others. Facilities were good - pool was fantastic. My only other tip would be is not to buy anything like food etc through the hotel - it can get very pricey - you only have to walk up the street to get a great range of restaurants at a very cheap price. You will also be asked to put a 2000baht deposit down for things like the mini bar and room service etc.

Pool

Hello Guesthouse: Dormitory in Khao San

Room rate 540-740 baht
Dorm rate 200-300 baht
All new Thai boutique
Quiet, clean, aircon room with windows
Private bathroom with hot showers
Internet cafe and free wifi 24hrs

Note: I didn't stay here but I come here every day to use internet for 30baht for 75 min.

• Written January 5, 2013

• Rastarigo profile photo Rastarigo
  • Reviews: 171

Chilling Guesthouse: 150 baht

the single room is 200 baht but i bargained for 5 nights so i had it for 150 a night.
Email: suttada_fah@hotmail.com, boyasung55@gmail.com

• Written January 5, 2013
Tip Photo

• gaolei profile photo gaolei
  • Reviews: 288

ALoft Hotel: The Most Unique Hotel on Soi 11

It is described as the hippest hotel in Bangkok. I guess, I would agree.

When you arrive the first thing you notice, besides the ultramodern appearance, is how friendly and helpful everyone is. At the front desk you can see the colorful bean bag seats in the lobby bar. This hotel is a treat for your eyes. The rooms are outstanding. internet is excellent. The breakfast is a buffet served in the ultra-trendy dining room. It is not worth the cost, however, there are many good, low priced breakfasts on Soi 11.

The end of Soi 11 is the location of the trendy nightclubs. One is located in the Aloft hotel and the other, the Bed Supper Club is across the street.

• Related to: Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 22, 2012

• goutammitra profile photo goutammitra
  • Reviews: 1306

JAZZ HOTEL, BANGKOK: Better Accomodation

We made a great mistake by traveling in a group tour with big tour operator of India, SOTC. They are supposed to be giving value for money. As I had no other option but to travel with them to utilize/ use, my daughter's holiday days between 19/10/2012 to 25/10/2012, I booked with them. We were promised / given booking sheet of Baioke Sky Tower Hotel in Sukhumvit area. But after we left from the Suvarnabhumi airport, we were taken to this hotel almost outskirt of Bangkok action area. Baioke Tower is just in the heart of the city. Despite promise by our tour operator that the rooms will be made available by 8.00 am, we were told that check in time is 2.00 PM and rooms will not be available before 12.00 or later! Anyway, we were in the mood to go to Ayutthaya, so we were not very keen on taking full bath or change, as I wanted to utilise the day.
Though in the outskirts of Bangkok city, the hotel turned out to be a good 3 star hotel, ( we were promised 4 star!) The room was good with a living area, like a small apartment with sofa, refrigerator, tea coffee maker ( but without supplies of tea/milk) and a good clean toilet! No wonder this is a favoured place for large group tour operators, they survive on their patronage.
If this hotel was inside the city, we would have saved lots of time in traveling and looking for taxis in the night, who always over charge you and refuse to go to this place. The time saved could have been utilised for shopping or visiting some tourist attraction! But, perhaps the tour operator must be saving lots of money by utilising this hotel for their group tour!

The hotel was good for two night's stay, the bed was comfortable, complimentary half liter bottle was given ( we had to buy our water from outside), cleanliness was very good and above all their breakfast was good.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Photography
  • Written December 2, 2012
Tip Photo

Me in front of the hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful