Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista, Bangkok

1 Sathorn Soi 3, South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok, 10120, Thailand
Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Bangkok

the clever tourist in front of methe clever tourist in front of me

MRT Station Gate # 3 and Market in backgroundMRT Station Gate # 3 and Market in background

Chao Phraya riverChao Phraya river

BTS Skytrain Nana StationBTS Skytrain Nana Station

Thai Tailor

by sltot

Traveling to Bkk in March, Would like to find a Thai tailor in the city. My last visit to BKK there seemed to be alot of store fronts from India. Which they sent the items out. I would like to go directly to the actual tailor.I will be staying a Marriott V.C.Empire Place/Marriott Executive Apartments.

Thanks for the Help

Re: Thai Tailor

by mojopac

Raja's or rather Rajawongse Tailors in Nana, just near Soi 4 is perfect. I've had 3-4 suits and jackets made there, all excellent quality. He does a lot of the Embassy staff...and both Presidents Bush ( which is probably not a good recommendation) but Victor and his brother run the show very well. Cost is standard, $300 USD for a suit, but nothing like the touts who try to drag you in with a suit deal, 2 pair of pants, 10 shirts, 9 ties and a free jockstrap for $99 that will fall apart within the first year.
Whenever I need something like a dinner suit, I just email and it's mailed out to me in Australia.I highly recommend them.

Re: Thai Tailor

by mojopac

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Bangkok Great Palace

by hmoitta

The most important site for me was the Great Palace, wonderful budha temples with royal palaces, still used for some ceremonies by the king.
You have to be aware of the dress code to get into the Palace, they are very strict about that and I had to buy socks because the back of my feet was appearing !

Do shopping!! Shop till you...

by mignonne

Do shopping!! Shop till you drop at Bangkok's World Trade Centre,which has big departmental stores like Isetan,Zen.The World trade Centre is also near to the Planet Hollywood Bangkok and Hard Rock Cafe bangkok,it's within walking distance.Make sure that you have enough cash with you because not all shops accept credit cards(But in departmental stores,yes,they accept)YOu can also do your shopping at Mahboonkrong,which is a big shopping complex-yes,really big,you can never finish shopping in the complex in one day.You will need about 3 days to finish shopping:))Here there are many cheap buys,especially T-shirts,souvenirs and other accessories.You can also bargain with the vendor at 40% off the original price of the product.In fact in this place it's a tradition to bargain... Shopping and the desserts of Thailand.The desserts are very sweet here but they're simply delicious,most of the desserts are made with coconut milk...hmmm.Those who have a sweet tooth will love it!

Food?

by monica78

Are you hungry??????
Maybe you want to try some insect snack???!!
I have to admit that I did not try it....

But at a restaurant we found some bugs at our pizza because they lived in the oregano box.. I told the staff that the oregano box was 'alive' and the bugs crawled around inside it.
They only laughet at me...... It made me really angry, because we had been eating a lot of our pizza with these bugs!!!
I told them that I would NOT pay for a pizza with bugs! They took away my pizza and the oregano box... then they was discussing, took the bug away and came back with my pizza like nothing have happend!

Modern monk

by hojasdehierba

We were quite shocked when we saw this monk having a long and friendly chat through his mobile phone. In a way, they look so out of this world that you dont imagine that they have phones, computers or anything like that. We were told later that many Thai man spend a 3-month period of their youth living as monks. Perhaps this young man was not a full time monk. Or perhaps monks really have mobile phones, I dont know
Nos quedamos bastante flipados cuando vimos a este monje que llevaba un buen rato de charla divertida a traves de su telefono movil (celular). De algun modo, los monjes parecen tan fuera de este mundo que no te imaginas que tengan telefonos, ordenadores ni nada por el estilo. Nos dijeron despues que muchos thais pasan un periodo de tres meses de su juventud viviendo como monjes. Quizas este joven no era un monje a tiempo completo, sino que solo estaba pasando ese periodo. O quizas los monjes tengan realmente telefonos moviles, no lo se.

Saffron Robed monks
.More than...

by jill_archer

Saffron Robed monks
.More than 90 per cent of Thais are budhists. The religion and philosophy of Buddhism permeate national life.Even in sophisticated, preoccupied Bangkok, women turn out in front of their houses soon after dawn to offer rice to the saffron-robbed monks.

Comments