Millennium Hilton

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

Luxurious hotel on the Chao Phrya River

I attended a medical conference at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok from 18 - 20 February 2011. The hotel is superbly located along the bank of the Chao Phrya River directly across from River City. Regular ferry services from the hotel connect the hotel with Sathorn Pier (BTS station) and River City.

Unique Quality: Every room has a magnificent view of the Chao Phrya River. The hotel has a rooftop bar, three-sixty from where one can have beautiful night views of Bangkok. An Infinity Pool is located at the 4th level. The Flow restaurant is by the river and serves a delectable international buffet selection.

• Princess_Emily's Profile Photo

1 Night in Bangkok

This was our transit hotel, we had an 18 hour layover on our way back home from Koh Samui and decided to stay 1 night at the Millennium Hilton.
    I would say that the service, facilities and amenities do not match the price one pays. It was OK for a 1 time experience, but a traveler can have more for less at other hotels in Bangkok.
    For those born in or hung up on luxury living, then this is your kind of place. For and from my personal experiences, I've stayed at and have had more fun in 3 - 4 star hotels.
    Don't misunderstand me, the hotel was nice enough but, when i try to balance the price for the service, facilities and amenities, it just does not add up.

Directions: On the Chao Praya River.

• Fine accomodation but very small room

The hotel is fine with great view of the river. Situayed on the river, opposite to Sheraton. Parking area, good spa, expensive restaurant. Rooms are very small (I booked a deluxe), there were no place for my baggages. Receptionist not friendly. Best room are no smoking. Swimming pool has a beach, but it's small and windy. Breackfast is medium - good but in restaurant there is no place for all the guests and I had to wait a lot for my place. Free transport by boat to the opposite bank (River Shopping Complex) and Saphan Taksin (skytrain). I can't say I'm satisfayed and I think that I may find a more comforteble option for the price.

Unique Quality: Wonderful location on the river

Directions: Opposite bank of River Shopping Complex

• leegs's Profile Photo

Riverside Hotel

Stayed in this hotel for 1 week. Enjoyed the view, amenities, spa. Breakfast was great. Tables are available outside on the river. There's a very nice bar on the 31st floor with a panoramic view. Live jazz. Hotel is only a couple of years old.

• Millenium Hilton review

I was visiting Bangkok with my husband in December 07 and had a very nice stay in this hotel. Rooms are very modern and comfortable. Buffet breakfast and dinner is a real culinary delight, beautiful presentation of food and huge varieties. Service is really very good, i can fairly say it was one of the best i've ever seen. The only disadvantage is the location as it is not close to most of the attractions and activities. You will need to take their boat to cross on the other side of the river in order to be on the "right side of the river". Their boat is available every 20 minutes up until 11 p.m. as far as i remember. Their pool is pretty unique too, all with artificial sandy beach and overlooking the river. We also had a massage in their spa and were very satisfied.

Unique Quality: Definitely their buffet breakfast and dinner.

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

A new Hilton soon

This hotel has try to open few years ago as Sofitel Riverside, today it will be Hilton Millenium at the end of 2005.

Directions: In front of Royal Orchid Sheraton

More about Millennium Hilton

New Years Rip Off at the Millenium Hilton-Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member eaposte

Preferred to communicate our unhappiness directly but the Hilton site limits you to 500 characters. My wife and I went to the hotel on New Years Eve night for their package dinner and entertainment. The per person charge was $200 EACH!
Of course we could have opted to not proceed and go somewhere else but there had just been a series of bombs exploded in different parts of the city and we felt we would be safe there. The waiter who took our "Free welcome drink" orders insisted we could order anything so we ordered champagne only to have the waiter come back later and say "Sorry he had informed us incorrectly". Never mind we'll order something else. Then the entertainment started. The band was a mediocre lot and not at all what you would expect at this 5 star hotel....especially considering the cost! The food was of good quality and had a good variety but at the end of the day it was just a buffet similar to what you can find elsewhere for $20 a head on any other day of the year and nothing offered was really hot but rather luke warm. Then more entertainment. I am not a prude and in fact enjoy the occasional female impersonator type of show but as it turned out the rest of the evening was entirely made up of the mediocre band and the female impersonators doing their lip sync thing. Where was some real talent? At the prices charged certainly Hilton could have done much better. The "Happy" had been removed from my Happy New Year activities. My wife, who is Thai, and myself have sworn off ever going to a Hilton again. This reaction is driven by the sense that this was a deliberate ripoff by Hilton to take advantage of the special night. An upcharge of say 25% would have been quite acceptable but $200 a head for a buffet, mediocre and tasteless entertainment, and a bag of cheap hats and noise makers is really absurd. The problem is of course you assume going in that you are going to get a really special evening at that cost then its too late to back out. My last drink of the evening, a basic rum and coke, cost $10!!!!
Unfortunately Hilton is just following what seems to be a normal practice along the river for New Years Eve i.e. charge exhorbitantly. Tourists visiting Bangkok at this time of the year need to be aware of this practice but if you opt in hopefully you will feel that you got some real value for your money. Unfortunately we just felt cheated.
Ed and Tum Poste

Hilton Hotel Bangkok

by monica78 about Hilton Hotel Bangkok

USD 200 This is a very nice hotel. The hotel have a lot of facilities such as outdoor swimmingpool and sauna.

Give the hotel some time to improve

by TripAdvisor Member velvetcrush

We booked to stay for 2 nights at the Millenium Hilton. At first sight upon entering reception, the hotel looked very impressive, with pretty modern and arty architectural touches and seems to be recently renovated. Reception was pleasant and always accommodating with our requests for a non-smoking king bedroom fulfilled.

The Executive room was lovely, with a very comfortable king-sized bed directly facing a tall glass landscape window overlooking the side of the Chao Phraya river. Everything in the room felt and looked very new and plush. We had no problems with the shower leakage as the glass door seemed to have kept the water in. A major bonus was the jacuzzi bath-tub that helped in relaxation after a long day walking in the city. Housekeeping was immaculate with a turn-down service offered in the evening.

Breakfast was a little hectic and disorganised on the first weekend day, apparently due to a rather touristy clientele consisting of big numbers of tour groups resulting in longer waiting times to get a table. However, the breakfast selection was a competent deal if it came as part of the hotel room rate.

As the hotel is situated on the other side of the river, guests have to take a 5-10 minute boat shuttle to get to the nearest BTS skytrain station (Saphan Taksin) although the wait for a one-way trip is about 10 minutes.

Overall, the impression we had was that the hotel service still appears to be a little 'rough around the edges', possibly due to it being relatively new. However, given time, it appears that the hotel should be able to up the service level, together with offering a very good accommodation experience due to its gorgeous rooms. So do give it a chance to improve.

2 nights

by TripAdvisor Member drtravels

I found this Hilton to be very good. The location was fine for what I liked to do as it had easy access to the river/skytrain and there was a shopping close (River City for upscale and stalls for the teen/clothing stuff). The included breakfast was a very good buffet - although they missed our room service breakfast by 30 minutes on check-out so we went without. Views from the room and the executive lounge are very good. This is especially a good Hilton Honors Award property at being a category 2. Good gym and "beach" - a pool overlooking the river with chairs in the water and a sand beach.

D'ma pavillion anyone know?

by aliyaS

Anyone have any personal experience on D'ma Pavillion hotel?
Is it a hole in the wall? Should I just fork over the extra money and stay at the
Sofitel, Millenium Hilton Bangkok, Shangri-la Bangkok, or the Grand Hyatt Erawin?
I want to swim and relax but, at the same time shop shop shop!
Thanks so much!

RE: D'ma pavillion anyone know?

by farang2002

For the money and a nice pool, I'd stay at the Plaza Athenee. Closer to the BTS Skytrain than D'ma. Check prices and reviews on asiarooms.com
then decide.

RE: RE: D'ma pavillion anyone know?

by NitNoy

If you've got the money, try:

Grand Hyatt Eriwan
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Conrad
Penninsula

RE: D'ma pavillion anyone know?

by devilsheyes

may i know when you will in BKK ?

Comments