Myqsilom Elegance Suites

Siam ParagonSiam Paragon

Experience a ride on a Tuk TukExperience a ride on a Tuk Tuk

Sathorn areaSathorn area

BTS Skytrain Ploen Chit StationBTS Skytrain Ploen Chit Station

Any travelers going to Bangkok during end of Dec or mid Jan?

Hello travelers,

I'm planning a trip to Bangkok myself after mid Dec or during mid Jan 2011. I would like to hear from travelers that will be visiting Bangkok around that time and interested in joining trips or meet-ups. I haven't done any research on places to see yet, but interested to explore any historical and natural/scenic attractions around Bangkok.

Any suggestions, tips and advise on sightseeing and accommodations are welcome!

Thank you! :)

by davlap

Hi ,well we just went through bangkok, so thats no use to you . But if you havent done any planning make sure you read members pages beforehand,you can find out what to do and what not to do or get sucked into. all the best.

by xymmot

I am going there on a last minute fare,,,,all the tickets are close to 2 grand right now...waiting for the big holiday price drop before I commit. Cheerss Tommy x

by mim95

For history and scenery, go to Kanchanburi and Ayutthaya not too far from bkk. You can read more about it in the "travel guides" from the blue menu at the top.

by visit2010

Thanks everyone! I will keep all these information in account while planning my trip :) I will keep it posted on my travel dates as soon as I confirm my travel dates.

Cheers!

Hello,

I would like to get some recommendation on decent budget or 3 star hotels near train link and easy access to BKK attractions. It doesn't need to be close to airport at all...I can shell out about $30-$40/night..:). If not any specific hotels, at least locations to stay might help!

My trip to BKK should be after Jan 15 as it looks now :)

Thanks in advance!

Travel Tips for Bangkok

A city with loads of temples...

by scaffas

The visit to the Buddhist temples was indeed the best memory of the trip...there are so many temples and as you talk to locals you find out more and more temples and everyone is unique...
i have some pictures of the temples.... the temples......

What you speak

by Rachelynn

Quite a lot of Thai can speak and understand Chinese language. So i will not advise you to speak ill of merchants or hawkers in front of them in chinese. (of course in the first place you shouldn't be going that .=)

It was a pleasant discovery. While i was speaking to my friends in Khek (my dialect) over whether i should buy a piece of souvenir, the merchant spoke fluent khek and tried to convince me to buy. =)

And from him, we learnt that we shouldn't be surprised that Teochew, Hokkein and of course Chinese are spoken and understood among certain Thais...

Grand Palace Paintings

by herzog63

You will find a series of Paintings under a covered hall. I'm sure they tell some kind of story and they look cool but I don't know what the story is even though I have seen them several times. They are certainly worth a look.

Thai Keyboards

by SirRichard

If typing in a cybercafe keyboard is a hard task, typing in a Thai one is even more difficult!!
They've got all those "wierd" ;-))) signs on and not all the keys are in the right place... it gets some time to get used to it, LOL

Heirarchial Society!

by machomikemd

Thais respect hierarchical relationships.
. Social relationships are defined as one person being superior to the other.
. Parents are superior to their children, teachers to their students, and bosses to their subordinates.
. When Thais meet a stranger, they will immediately try to place you within a hierarchy so they know how you should be treated.
. This is often done by asking what might be seen as very personal questions in other cultures.
. Status can be determined by clothing and general appearance, age, job, education, family name, and social connections

Comments