New World Lodge

imran8852's Profile Photo

Seclusion from busy Bangkok

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2009

We decided to "check out" New World City Hotel after wandering around from Chakrapong Mosque and we are taken aback by the friendliness of their staffs. Mr Yusop particularly! The New World City Hotel is kinda secluded by the Banglampoo canal but it's very visible during the day. The Halal Sara Restaurant is definitely one of the nice factors to consider if you decided to stay here PLUS very friendly staffs around, ample facilities and rooms, What more would you like? :)

Directions: From Samsen Road, Turn left into Samsen Soi 2.

Clean and Functional

by written on January 1, 2007

Decent hotel in Banglamphu area of Bangkok. Rooms were clean and served as a good base for exploring the city. Only 5 minutes walk from Khosan Road, 10 minutes walk to the river boat express ( get anywhere in the city, as it links to the skytrain, etc..).
Costs about 350Baht to get there from the new airport in a taxi ( inc. road tolls). The bus is 150Baht and drops you 5-10 minutes walk away!
Breakfast was quite good and you recieve a free welcome drink voucher upon arrival.
Internet is available, there is a gym and a travel agent to help book trips or tours ( I didn`t use this service ).
I would recommend the hotel to people who want reasonable priced accomadation ( £15 per room/per night when booked through well known website)

June.b's Profile Photo

Still friendly, and grown better!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 10, 2006

I already did a review of this hotel during my previous stay and I said it's "the friendliest place" in Bangkok.

It is still friendly but loses some of the personal touch that used to be there when it was not yet refurbished. When the reception staff before have those genuine smiles, now, it's a bit synthetic. And I had a not-so-good experience this time. I booked the hotel through Asiatravel website, I received the confirmation by email but I noticed that I've made a mistake on the date so I immediately changed it. When I arrived at the hotel they told me that my reservation was a night before and the changes I made was not communicated to them and that I have to wait for outgoing occupants to make way for availability. So I waited at the small lobby, drink some coffee, surf the internet, took me about almost 3 hours, then I inquired again for availability only to find out that there is really an available room only that I have to pay for the night before which was mistakenly booked.

I don't have problem of paying 2 nights for 1 night stay, but the thing is, they should have informed me from the moment I stepped in so I could have paid it and have slumbered into sleep already.

Anyhow, they gave me the room and though the size is still the same (large), a lot of things have been added or amended. The furnishings were new, the blanket looks better than before, the bathrobes and slippers, the small table and chairs, yet, the bathroom is still the same with hot and cold shower.

As before - the refrigerator is big for a minibar, TV has english channels/star movies, central/individual aircon control, balcony looking out on the roof of the nearby eateries, IDD phone, and a Qiblat mark for muslims prayer direction.

Rate did not go up much, I paid Baht 800 (US$22) for the mistakenly booked night and they charged me for the actual one night stay of Baht 1000 (US$27).

Unique Quality: My advise - book this hotel in advance online through any online agent, don't show up without booking as the rate is more.

Still, I would recommend this hotel for it's room size and amenities....and still friendly staff.

....and yes....their breakfast is a lot better than before with more and better choices.

Directions: 5 to 7 min. walk to Khaosan Road, alongside the river.

vieviengan's Profile Photo

New World Lodge Hotel

by written on September 24, 2006

Whenever I go to Bangkok I will stay this hotel , its nearby Khao san road about 2-3 street away . Its quiet not as noisy as if you stay on Khaosan road , it will be noisy .

The rooms are very spacious .

If you are planing to stay away from the noise from Khaosan this is the ideal hotel , but you will need to walk abit .

Unique Quality: There's a gym there but as a traveler I dont think you will go there for gym unless if you are those the rich and famous and would like to use the hotels facilities and doesnt want to explore the city . So this hotel is not suitable for you , you can go stay at 5 stars hotel and enjoy the facilities there .

Directions: In front of the hotel there's a river . The hotel located just before the bridge .

June.b's Profile Photo

Friendliest Staff!

by written on November 14, 2005

I stayed here during my first visit in 1999, for 4 nights:

1) Location - 5 minutes walk to Asia's packpackers' haven of Khaosan.

2) Room - well, the furnitures are a bit rundown but in good shape, TV with English (Star)channels, big fridge (not the minibar type), bathroom has both the shower & toilet but it's clean, comfortable double bed, I guess the only thing I could suggest is to update their drapery or curtain on the door leading to the no-view balcony & a better locking on the balcony door.

3) Breakfast - same everyday with a little variety, but passable. Besides, you can always take other options from several eateries and restaurants just beside the hotel.

4) Staff - the best asset of the hotel is their courteous staff, from the bellboys to the sweet-smiling reception staff, to the polite room cleaners. "Rated - A" for the staff alone!

Highly recommended! Check out Asiarooms for great deal for this hotel.

Unique Quality: Sincere smiling staff!

Directions: Near Khaosan Road

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews