Nice Palace Hotel

Booking.com HostelBookers.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• mamasan69's Profile Photo

ONLY A ONE NIGHT STAY

On my return trip back to Bangkok I arrived at the train station at about 5:30am and just needed somewhere decent to stay for one day. I was to meet up with my ex-girl the following day so I ended up at the Nice Palace.
    The service was good and the rooms were in pretty good order. The room that I stayed in had hot water, double bed, air conditioning, TV, phone and a mini bar all for 800bht per night.
    It was a good place to relax and recover myself after the Ko Samui experience and the train ride.

Unique Quality: There is a tasty restuarant near the main lobby area, and during my short stay I ate here a few times. There is a good selection of Thai food on the menu, and every dish I tried was good.

More about Bangkok

Complians GraphComplians Graph

Etihad AirwaysEtihad Airways

BTS Skytrain National Stadium StationBTS Skytrain National Stadium Station

Train market in Samut SongkhramTrain market in Samut Songkhram

energency decree

by vtecturbo

Can i ask if bangkok is still under emergency decree?? cos i read at bangkoknews.net that the govt might be extending the decree??

I thought its been lifted??

Re: energency decree

by Curt1591

The "emergency decree" doesn't affect tourists. It's allows the government extra powers, just to be on the safe side. ;-)

Re: energency decree

by frank_bkk

The Emergency Decree doesn't affect tourists in any way, so long that is that you don't wish to join an anti-government protest. Perhaps you are thinking of curfews? If so, all ended a long time ago. All is back to normal in Bangkok.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Visit Wat Pho and get a...

by kaliweb

Visit Wat Pho and get a traditional Thai massage. A Middle Eastern Grill located off the tourist block in Bangkok, don't remember the name of road but two Yemenese guys used to cook up some good chicken stuffed pitas and after a month in thailand you want something different

Wat Rajanadda/Wat Ratchanatdaram

by imran8852

Now we knew that Wat Rajanadda at Mahajessadabodin Pavilion ground is also Wat Ratchanatdaram. This temple has Buddha relic in it and was said to be famous for their Buddha amulets & magic charms.
We passed by this place every time we took the boat. We can’t remember the name of the road but we know that this place is very near to Phan Fa Pier & Democracy Monument.
We like the structure of the small pavilion but just can’t figure out what was written in Thais in front of the pavilion (We thought it was a temple) so we have to ask Patt (Pattayaraj) since she was a local expert.

Monks and Females

by iclee

A few years ago, a Thai friend told me that it was forbidden and highly avoided that a female approach and give alms to monks. Females can do so via a male conduit.

I am not sure if this is till practiced but during my recent trip I told my husband to do so on my behalf. Better to err on the safe side than offend their customs/traditions.

Don't go Pointing your Feet

by keeweechic

It is considered rude to point the sole of your foot at another person, so try to avoid doing so when sitting opposite someone, and following the concept that the foot is the lowest limb, don't point your foot to show anything to anyone.

Packing List

by jrs1234

Men - a pair of lightweight long trousers.
Women - a lightweight long skirt or dress.

This will get you into temples and palaces without a fuss and stop you looking totally like a tourist! If you forget to bring the right clothing, though, don't worry - it's very cheap to buy here.

Comments