160/1-162 Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

• gaolei's Profile Photo

The Most Convenient Location

I have stayed here many times. I find it is the most convenient place to stay on Sukhumvit road. Just walk through their restaurant and you are 10 steps from the escalator that brings you up to Nana station on the Skytrain loop. From here, you can get around town to many tourist spots.

The hotel itself is new, trendy, comfortable and real great value for your money.

Unique Quality: Close to the Skytrain, Nana entertainment, shop, and many restaurants. You won't find a better, more conveniently placed hotel on Sukhumvit road.

The managers are extremely helpful. There is a laptop computer for your use in the lobby and restaurant. Free Internet in the rooms and lobby is fast and simple to connect to. The rooms are beautiful, the bed comfortable, and the wide screen TV gets all of the stations you could want.

Directions: Sukhumvit road at Soi 8. Turn into Soi 8 and take the first alley on the right. It goes to the back door of the hotel.

More about On8 Sukhumvit

BEST PLACE TO STAY IN BANGKOK - close to skytrain -clean -great service

by TripAdvisor Member shanenoely

4 Adventurous kiwis from New Zealand (2 couples) mid fourties lookin for a reasonable place to stay in Bangkok for our holiday in July 2009 .We picked on8 sukhumvit of the net for our stay , this place had only been opened for 4 months , it looked awsum on the net , very good website , and when we arrived , the service started , the pictures of the net were the same as what we got , the rooms were trendy spotlessly clean , and all the staff were so helpful and friendly . there was a LCD tv on the wall , and free broadband in the rooms ( u need your own laptop) and on top of this we got breakfast supplied free of charge . we stayed at a lot of places in Thailand and no where else was the standard the same as what we experienced , nothing was a problem , you could not fault this place . We experienced some shady dealings with accomodation and standards in Thailand , and alot of Tuk Tuk drivers take you to a TAT Travel agents office , and they tell you lies about the standard of accomodation , (Dont Get sucked In ) in fact when we went to Chiang Mai the standard was that bad at BMP we refused , but could not get our money back .So we had to pay twice , they dont care .
This place ON8 was that good , that when we returned to Bangkok after 3 weeks travelling around thailand there was no hesitation to stay there for another 3 days before we flew home to NZ
You can be sure to be looked after at on8 Sukhumvit Bangkok , i would have no hesitation to go back there , keep up the good work team !!
The 4 kiwis from NEW ZEALAND

Best Value, Modern, Clean, Comfortable and Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member PMraja

Located steps from the sky train in the heart of Bangkok's shopping and nightlife Mecca, On 8 hotel will definitely be my accommodation of choice for the foreseeable future. A great color palette and modern design meets friendly, professional service in the heart of Bangkok. On 8 boasts a friendly and professional staff eager to help make your stay pleasant and your experience memorable. The rooms are well designed, quiet and include of all the amenities a business or vacationing guest would expect and the On 8 cafe and reading lounge provide excellent atmospheres to enjoy a bite to eat, delicious coffees or a cold beer. For the price, you're simply not going to find better value for the quality of stay that On 8 Hotel provides. A great base to get out and enjoy everything Bangkok has to offer!

Smooth as Silk

by TripAdvisor Member mkhondza

My wife and I stayed in this well located new hotel on Soi 8 Sukhumvit Rd in Bangkok for two separate nights while in transit in Bangkok. Both nights were fantastic as the service is excellent from manager to bell boy to cafe servers. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and made the transition of checking in very easy and quick. Upon arrival we were met with cold face towels and guava juice without hesitation. Any questions we asked were answered quickly and politely. It truly felt like home away from home for our purpose of needing a place to rest during our short stays in Bangkok. I would definately stay there longer if I was staying in Bangkok for a longer period with my wife. The rooms are set up with new and stylish furniture and decor, complete with many channels on TV for relaxation when we took a break from shopping and sightseeing. Beautiful stylish rooms. The location was also perfect as the Sukhuvmit area is filled with shopping, restaurants, night life and directly at the bottom of Bangkok's skytrain system (Nana station). It does not have a fitness centre or pool but is not needed for such an area with many other activities in the area. The breakfast was delicious and filling. We loved the brief experiences we had here on two separate nights and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a place to relax in the midst of the heat and bustle of Bangkok for a very reasonable cost. Excellent stay and excellent value.

Fantastic experience for Greg and Tai!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member GregKeeler

My wife and I stayed at the On8 Sukumvit Hotel during the month of September, 2009 for 6 nights. We stayed in one of the larger rooms that I had reserved and the room was ready for us upon our arrival at noon. The manager met us at the front door and he personally took us to our room and showed us how everything in the room worked. There was a nice fruit tray in the room with very fresh items in it.
The bathroom is very nice and the shower is exceptionally large, plenty of room for two and the shower also has an option of a "rain shower," the water coming directly on your head from the ceiling, quite nice. The towels are large and very clean and the bathroom includes all the items that a person might need like toothbrushes and shower caps.
The bed was very comfortable and the comforter was quite warm and soft. The air conditioner worked very well also and the room was very quiet in the evening. Contrary to one of the reviews I read here which said the room was noisy, we found the windows to be very thick and we heard nothing from the street. The safe in the closet was a very good size and we could put everything we needed inside.
The hotel advertised the fact that it had wireless internet and it worked very well. There were two public laptops in the hotel, one in the lobby and one in the cafe. The room rate also included breakfast for both of us and the food was fantastic and fresh. The coffee was very nice for us also because it was much more "American" style, not too strong where it would need to have water added to make it drinkable to us. The staff in the cafe were very nice too and they always greeted us with a smile when we went in and out the front door to the street.
The hotel is conveniently located at the Nana skytrain entrance and exit so if it was raining we just jumped on the train and went where we needed quickly. The hotel is also a fantastic value and we would stay here at the hotel again on our next trip. Thanks again to everybody at the hotel.

Exelent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Yulia_Oganes

Let me express my high appreciation for a wonderful accommodation at your hotel during our stay in Bangkok and, moreover, for making my birthday very special. Since we were welcomed with a refreshing drink and cold hand towels at the reception desk, we could not stop thinking how right we were making our choice. Room was very cosy and had all what you could even think of: tea/coffee making kit, 2 bottles of drinking water/every day, kettle, minibar with reasonable prices, electronic safe, robe, slippers, bath amenities (incl. tooth brush and paste!). Air condition worked just perfectly. We enjoyed silence at nights, not even a single sound from outside. Our room was located at the second floor and did not have a "real" window (just the window of tinted glass with no possibility to open), however, we understood that it was even an advantage in Bangkok - having a window is nice but when you are living on a higher floor). Free Internet access (laptops are available) is a good benefit. Buffet breakfast has a good selection of food (eggs, baked goods, yogurts, fruits, corn flakes etc.). As I mentioned I spent my birthday in Bangkok and on that day I was greeted by every hotel staff member (!) and presented a beautiful basket of flowers and a bottle of wine! Thank you again!!! I have already recommended the hotel to friends of mine!

Most convenient location in Bangkok

by TripAdvisor Member eturet

On8 is all about convenience. From the perfect location--literally 5 steps from the Nana sky train station--to the free WiFi, to the nice in-house restaurant, it's hard to beat the On8 for the price. The staff is also especially friendly, even by Thai standards, which makes for a pleasant stay. Everything else about the place is what you'd want--fresh, modern rooms with everything working as it should.

Great value and fantastic service

by TripAdvisor Member frogieusa

I have been to Bangkok and stayed at budget hotels, economy and splurged. On8 was excellent. I only stayed one night. I have been to over 100 countires from hotels, hostles, etc. This was very good. It was extremely clean,( I know it is new), but the staff was very very friendly. I always carry my own bag. When the staff saw me doing this they ran towards me to help. When you walked in, after you already checked in, they always said "hello'. I am sure other hotels do this, but not many. Many hotels serve breakfast with your stay but, and this is what i liked the most. On 8 served breakfast, but it was NOT buffet style that is pre cooked before you get there. You order what you want and they cooked it fresh. The coffee was all you want and the cups were huge. you had all the fruit and juice you wanted. But the key was the fresh breakfast. Try it, you will not go wrong. One more thing. As they say in het real estate business "location, location location." And this is well located.

nice place

by TripAdvisor Member NM29

This is a great hotel which is right under the nana BTS. It has two entrances from the cafe near the escalator up to the BTS station and the other entrance on soi 8.

The service was excellent and every person in the hotel smiled and greeted us everytime we wandered around the hotel. We had booked an Amber room and everything about the room was awesome. It was peaceful inside the room with toughened glass as your window despite it being nearly on the street. We also met the owner of the hotel, a nice gentleman"Mr bobby gulati" who was very helpful and even advised us on the places to visit in the city. As per him it was a labour of love, building the boutique hotel.BTW the carpet on the floor was a map designed from the street structure of sois in sukhumvit road. A lot of thought has gone on the hotel. I will surely visit again and recommend it as a top value hotel.

Oh yeah one grouse though: The temperature in the showers was an issue with it being either very cold or very hot but never the temperature we wanted. somebody needs to check on the water/geyser temperatures. Our my family also in the other room had the same issue.

Otherwise a brilliant hotel.

Great Staying Experience

by TripAdvisor Member eLynnTan

Overall., it is really great staying experience. It just doorstep to BTS Nana, only a few station to the main shopping complex in Bangkok.
They have very good service standard and prompt action. I booked a deluxe room, my first room is on first floor, facing the front road, it is noisy from 2am onwards until morning, so i told them in the early morning and they help me to change my room with no hestitation. When i come back from shopping, i get my new room at 4th floor. It is really great.
The room is perfect and cozy, well-working air-cond, nice and clean bathroom, comfortable bed and variety of TV channel. They also provide laptop at the lobby, it is great.
However, same as the previous preview, the temperature in the showers was an issue with it being either very cold or very hot but never the temperature we wanted. somebody needs to check on the water/geyser temperatures. I called room service for twice and everytime they send technicians immediately to fix the problem with good manner. But everytime they leave, the problem will still occur, so the management should concern on it. I guess it is because the rain shower need bigger water supply to work well?
I like the breakfast too, don't hv much choice as 5 star hotel, but really great taste and feel so satisfied every morning. I will definately choose it again for my next trip and hope that the rain shower problem can be solve for the next time visit.

Will stay here again, excellent location, great value

by TripAdvisor Member CTA76

My wife and I stayed at On8 for our last night in Bangkok. The hotel could not be in a better location -- just steps off the Nana Station. This hotel is a boutique and carries a very cool hip atmosphere to itself -- I can almost compare it to a W Hotel in the US. There were two laptops in the lobby for use, and our room rate included free internet as well. The hotel also has a nice cafe named On8 Cafe, which we did not use since we had a very early flight the next morning.

The rooms were very well sized for and very quiet given the location. The hotel did an incredible job soundproofing the rooms so you don't hear the riff raff of Sukhumvit Road right below you.

The hotel staff was very friendly and even made us a boxed breakfast since we were unable to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast.

My wife and I will be returning to Bangkok soon, and we will be staying at On8!

BuildingBuilding

Chao Phraya riverChao Phraya river

BTS Skytrain Nana StationBTS Skytrain Nana Station

Wireless road outside All Seasons PlaceWireless road outside All Seasons Place

pattaya nightlife

by maheshkumarpara

where are good massage parlours in pattaya, the really good ones, enjoyable girls ... any good suggestions thank you

by SirHalberd

There are so many massage parlors in Pattaya that it would take up a full page of addresses.

When you walk around you will notice little store front places with ladies outside with signboards showing prices.

There are a few large places with websites that will show up with a Google search. A Google search will give you lots of info!!!

What you don't want to do - if you are interested in bar hopping and nightlife - is to get a hotel so far out of Pattaya City that you have to pay for custom transportation to get to the good areas.

If you get a hotel on or near Pattaya 2nd Road (Pattaya Sai Song) you will be able to walk to bars, restaurants, malls, street vendor, etc. Also, you will be in a good location to get a cheap baht bus ride (10 baht) north on Pattaya 2nd Road or south on Beach Road.

Map: http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map_pattaya.html

If you need hotel suggestions mention your price range. Just keep in mind that Walking Street is probably the most expensive place to do your carousing. Beer bars are cheaper than GoGo bars for everything.

If you want more details on bargirls and massage girls sign on to Pattaya Secrets.

You can go cheap in Pattaya or go crazy and throw your money away by paying too much for everything. Talk to a couple long term expats or frequent Pattaya visitors to get any prices on stuff otherwise you will end up paying too much like most green Farang tourists do!

Good luck.

by Jason21B

go to walking street and throw a rock, anywhere you hit is a good massage parlor. If your lucky you'll find a soapy house

by sydneystone

One place for consideration: StandBy Girl Massage,Soi 11 between 2nd Rd & Soi Boukhao-oil massage 200 baht. I visited this establishment last year. I will be back again next month. Given the reduced numbers of tourists due to political unrest prices may be slightly cheaper eg less than 500 baht for extras.

by traveller82_80

Just came back yesterday from Pattaya. Try Honey Inn Massage Parlour on Soi 11. It has just opened on Saturday. Its a nice polished place. Like someone said ... there are many parlours there... and pattaya is at its best as of now.. lots of fun and the soccer matches have added more spice to the parties. Watching the matches at the bars was soooo much fun! wish i cud have stayed longer till the end of the fifa WC. :)

Comments