P2 Boutique Hotel

1091/213-216 Soi Petchaburi 33, New Petchaburi Road, Makkasan, Rachathavee, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand

P2 Boutique Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com Asiatravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Better Than We Expected...

My surprise budget trip for family :)

With the whole van-load of passengers dropping off to various big hotels like Asia Hotel, Pratunam Princess, Grand Hyatt before us. My parents and hubby were waiting in full anticipation that they will be staying in some grand hotels with big entrance,grand chandeliers and big bath-tubs....

Finally, passing several little lanes, further and further away from places like MBK, Siam Discovery etc, our airport-transfer van reached this petite hotel. My parents looked to me in astonishment and said "Please, please don't tell us this is your SURPRISE for us and we are going to stay HERE." I gave them a grin :p

Having been to Bangkok a couple of times, it was also my first time staying in a budget hotel.

Price: Value for money.

Hotel Front Desk Staff: Those we met were ALL friendly and helpful especially a chinese speaking middle age lady (not sure if she is the boss). My parents and hubby had a great time chit chatting with her and playing with her chihuahua. I requested for a room with strong wifi signal upon check in and they gave me a room closest to their wifi router; wonderful connection :)

Room: Bed was nice. My hubby requested for extra pillows and was told by hotel staff that they do not have extra :( Bathroom, a couple of runaway ants in ours but not in our parents' room. Towels were a little too old with frilled ends :( LCD TV, Fridge and safe worked perfectly well :) Rooms were cleaned daily with new supply of bottled mineral water, coffee bags and teabags :)

Breakfast: We had a hard time requesting from kitchen for half-boiled eggs. They served sunny-side up and scrambled in their buffet spread. Breakfast spread was simple but enough to get us going :)

Location: A little far from big shopping centre like MBK, but cab ride less than 70bht solved our problem. Pratunam wholesale, Indra Square, Platinum Fashion Mall are nearby, great shopping and some stuff are cheaper than Chatuchak. Central World and Big C aren't too far so we chilled at Mac Cafe almost every night :)

When I asked my parents and hubby if they wanna stay in P2 Boutique the next time they visit Bangkok. All gave me a smile :)

Comments