BTS Asoke Station, 16 Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Booking.com Travelocity Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

A lovely boutique hotel on Sukhumvit

by TripAdvisor Member MoodyR

My partner, my family and I visited Thailand in early July 2008 and stayed in the Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok - A small but modern boutique hotel in the heart of Bangkok.

ROOM
We reserved the standard Superior Room. Upon arrival, we asked for a room on a higher floor and our request was met with a smile. The room was quite bright, spacious with the bathroom separated by a glass wall (with blinds for privacy). We had views of Ratchadapisek Road as well as Benjakitti Park. Since all the rooms are classified as "Executive Rooms", one can find a work table, an ergonomic chair, an IDD phone, an in-room safe (which can hold a laptop) as well as free High Speed LAN and Wireless Internet (just call the front desk to get the password). There was also a big 32 inch LCD TV (CNN and the BBC as well as some basic movie channels) along with a DVD player. Also in the room was a fully stocked minibar with snacks and tea making facilities as well as a reading chair with a selection of (rather old) magazines. By the bed, there are electronic controls which control the lights, the temperature and turns on the DO NOT DISTURB sign outside the door of room.The bed was quite comfortable and with the turn down service in the evening, came two complimentary bottles of mineral water. On the first evening, the also came a small free elephant doll gift - A nice touch. The room is already showing some minor wear and tear but it's generally well-maintained.

BATHROOM
On the whole, the bathroom was quite nice: One finds a modern sink, and a mirror. As we stayed in a Superior Room, we had no bathtub (available only in the Deluxe Corner rooms) so we had to make do with a rather spacious shower stall which came with a wooden seat as well as a rain shower. The "deluxe amenities" were anything but "deluxe" - They were watered down and one needed to use a lot to get any sort of lather. All amenities were replaced each time they were finished. When one is in the shower, one can watch the TV in the room as the bathroom wall is all glass. The door to the shower closed shut so there was no problem with wet floors after the shower. There were plenty of other amenities in the bathroom (i.e. a toothbrush etc.) but they were all of the no-name variety. The toilet was off to one corner of the bathroom and came with a hose to be used to clean oneself should one wish to forgo using toilet paper. While the bathroom is clean and well maintained, with closer inspection one can find mold forming - Especially under the sink and the door to the bathroom. Just a note: The door to the bathroom is a good two centimeters above the ground. Watch your toes!

HOTEL FACILITIES/RESTAURANT
The hotel offered a variety of facilities which were quite good and provide good value. There is a rooftop swimming pool (which was always deserted when we went) as well a small but functional gym (several treadmills as well as a good selection of free weights). There are shower facilities at the gym. As for dinning, there is only one all-day restaurant in the hotel located on the second floor. It serves a good buffet breakfast (we ate there every morning - Good variety and the selection changes a bit daily). The restaurant also serves (moderately priced) lunch and dinner and from the afternoon, it doubles as a quasi-club lounge serving free juice and (stale) cookies, candy and nuts to hotel guests. The service at the restaurant was fairly good - The staff are generally efficient and very friendly. My only gripe was with the hallways on each floor of the hotel: They seemed to be hastily built and painted and the workmanship was quite shoddy. Oh, and to get to the pool and gym, one had to take the lift to the fifteenth floor and walk up two flights of stairs to the roof.

SERVICE
There were no service-related problems. The staff was courteous and always smiling. English can be a bit spotty but there were really no big issues. What I really enjoyed was that the staff was very accommodating to guests' needs.

SURROUNDINGS
The hotel is in the downtown core of Bangkok at the intersection of Asok road and Sukhumvit Road. It's under a 3 minute walk to the Asuk Skytrain station. The Skytrain is safe, efficient, speedy and very affordable. To the south of the hotel, one can find Benjakitti Park which has a lovely pond and walkways good for an early morning stroll. Sukhumvit itself is an interesting part of Bangkok - Sleazy and classy at the same time. After Asok station, Sukhumvit becomes rather sleazy but we never felt unsafe walking there at night. At night time, there is a night market on Sukhumvit Road selling all sorts of things. It's worth a look! Taxis in Bangkok are highly recommended - They are very cheap! Just make sure to have the driver turn on the meter before you enter the cab.

CONCLUSION
While not luxurious, the Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok is a great hotel and provides a lot of service for the amount it charges. It's good for those on business and for those on holiday. The location is good as is its boutique ambiance. It's worth a visit!

Superb hotel at central location

by TripAdvisor Member bartie001

The Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok is a gidden gem. Very close to where 'the' things are hapening, and still away from the big noise of Sukhumvit. The hotel is situated around 3 minutes walk from the metro and the Skytrain, from where you can get to all parts of Bangkok. The lobby is very modern, with helpfull staff. At the lobby, you can also check e-mails etc at the free internet computers. The restaurant, on the first floor, is top. I ate there for 2 times and I must say that I was every time astonished by the quality, presentation and taste of the food for this little money. I certainly can stand next to the top restaurants in the 5* hotels, only half the price. The service in the restaurant and the 'lounge' is immaculate. A few words on the lounge: this is a place on the first floor where you can always get free juices (2 kinds), coffee and some nuts / crackers. Don't expect it to be a 'club floor lounge' with appetizers, beers etc., but a good place to relax. And after all, it's free ...

Another positive thing about the hotel is the free wired and wireless internet. I'm writing this review from my room (ninth floor) and it's working just perfect.

I haven't used the roof top pool or gym, but I'm sure this will be in line with the standard the hotel is keeping up.

As things can't be all positive, maybe one minor detail : the shower, see-thru in glass, could not be closed completely, so the bathroom floor was quite wet after a shower - a necessity after every walk in Bangkok. I didn't mind so much as I was only staying 3 days and as I didn't want to get plumbers in the room while I was in town.

To summerize: a perfect hotel - up to 5* standards - which can be booked at a fraction of 5* hotels in Bangkok. Check around on the internet as very good deals are available.

I'll certainly will be back with my next stay in BKK

Amazing rooms, top service and location.

by TripAdvisor Member Chefster

This was a very pleasant surprise.
I was expecting the usual, in terms of a 4 star property, and was shocked (in a good way) to find that this is one of the best rooms I have stayed in. At any star rating!
I have stayed at most major 5 stars, and they have a "consistency" about them that tends to get boring.
Park Plaza Sukhumvit stands out as being "tasteful"
The rooms are modern, with nice little touches - which means nothing unless the basics are right.
They were!
The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and the pillows were just perfect, and didn't leave your neck feeling disjointed.
I was going to check in and find some internet to skype the necessary peeps, and found that the room had a modern, sizeable well located business desk / table - with wired lan connection, AND free broadband wireless.
The plasma TV was a nice touch, and also had a DVD player - with a nice "Please ask the staff for the latest movies, complimentary".
I am used to being told that "this closes at 10, that isn't open on weekends etc, and what I CAN'T do.
At Park Plaza I was told that the restaurant is open 24 hours, free drinks available on 2nd floor, and the Gym and roof is also open around the clock.
Turndown service doesn't hang around looking morose until the tips appear, and all staff were..............hang on...........what's the right word for it in "the Land of Smiles".......Oh yes - GENUINE.

The towel rail wasn't.
It is a modern, user friendly rack, in an awesome bathroom that is seperated by glass - or a curtain, depending on your level of modesty or your need to see TV or the view as you scrub off the smog.
The two shower heads were amazing - pressure and water temp was perfect.
There were enough towels. (surprise!)
That is actually pretty rare.
The room has an ironing board and a nice iron.
The art wasn't too over the top or too "Thai" - it complemented the room and decor, and didn't try to make some pretentious statement.

In a sentence, "attention to detail"
My breakfast was OK - mind you, I don't make a big thing out of breakfast, as I am in Bangkok - a paradise for food lovers.
The service was superb, and I had fruit, coffee, congee.
4 or 5 chefs are there to cook your egg dishes and to top up the hot food.

Let's just stop here shall we, and state the fact that this is 2400 baht a night, or $80.
this room was a 5000 baht standard from what I have seen in most of the major 5 star brands in Bangkok.

A lot of thought (and talent) has gone into design and training, and from my 2 nights here, it seems to have paid off.

A thoughtful comment on the turndown card made me smile, and even the housekeeping folded a couple of towels into a puppy (or a womble?)

Oh - location!
4 minutes walk to Asok BTS (skytrain), which is on Sukhumvit.
6 minutes walk to the MRT train next to Queen Sirikit Convention centre.
Asok is 1 station from Nana, and a couple of stops from Siam centre.

Whether you are here for views, food, business, romance, hookers, sightseeing, transit stopover or shopping, this is definitely a great choice in terms of comfort, location and service.
Even if you are SICK! I wish I'd had more time to spend in the room! Waking up meant leaving that amazing bed, and coming back to the room was almost as much fun as going out!

Stay there now while the prices are in the sweet spot.
5 star hotels - you'd better start trembling or shaping up with competition like this.
The hotel is new, and not well known.
When it is, the prices should double.

I didn't try to steal the slippers, so I didn't have any trouble at checkout.
And more importantly, after a memorably horrible 24 hours prior, and a delayed flight and hassles at the airport, the check-in was smooth, prompt, friendly and organised, and took less than 6 minutes from walking in, to being in the room.
The systems here seemed to just work, and there was a definite guest focus.

Loved this hotel, and if I wanted to stay in this price bracket again, this would be my first choice.
Plus I have discovered a new part of Bangkok that is just as good, if not better, than the regular haunts.
Oh - and for those who are interested, it is pretty handy to "Soi Cowboy" if that means more to you than BTS stations and Convention Centers.

Clean, English Spoken, Good 24 hr. restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member TrixieBelle

This hotel is near the Sheraton and the Westin in Sukhumvit Bangkok (useful for taxi drivers who may not know the property as it just opened November 2007). The rooms are very clean, they have a modern decor, and there is a 24 hour cafe on site. This is a Carlson property, and they seem quite used to English speakers. They cater to the business crowd. There is free wireless internet access. They have a laundry service. You can order food in the cafe 24 hours a day. When I arrived I was offered a complimentary lemonade, nuts, cookies. They have a turn-down service. They have excellent clean sheets and soft beds. There is also a gym and rooftop pool. They had flat screen televisions in every room. I paid about $90 a night with taxes. I also stayed at the Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok from June 7-9, 2008 and this experience was much better and at the same price. I would stay here again.

Fantastic hotel at a great price

by TripAdvisor Member moaksey

We spent the first night of our recent holiday here. It was a bit of a gamble but the price was too good to turn down.

The taxi driver had a bit of difficulty finding the place - as it is so new. The location is good, but you'll need to get a taxi to get around (which is actually pretty much the case anywhere in Bangkok).

The hotel itself is really new, neat, tidy, clean and well-designed. The architecture and interiors are great - although it really could be a modern hotel anywhere in the world - there's nothing uniquely Thai about it.

The rooms are amazing. The beds and linen are good and very comfortable. The bathrooms are super modern with rainfall showers (but we didn't have a bath - which didn't matter).

The breakfast is pretty good too - especially for a hotel of this size.

Other guests seemed to come mainly from Singapore and Hong Kong, although there were a few Europeans.

There is a small gym on the roof, which is really good. It is small but has everything you'd need in it. The rooftop pool is great too, but there aren't many chairs up there so you'll have to get one early.

All in all a great stay. I'll definitely be going back - especially for extended trips. Hopefully this will be before the soft launch prices go up too much (which still wouldn't be bad).

Surprises - good and bad ones..

by TripAdvisor Member Bbpink

Stayed for 3 nights at Park Plaza betwee 6-9 June 2008. Booked through a travel agent and paid approximately US$113 per night inclusive of breakfast.

As this hotel is quite new (I believe it was opened sometime in February 2008), taxi drivers don't really know the hotel, so it will be a good idea to print out a map beforehand.

Check-in was quick. They gave me a twin room but as I was travelling alone, I called the reception to request for a room with a king bed. The staff told me there are no rooms left which I thought was a bit odd as the hotel seemed really quiet. But when the bell boy arrived 5 minutes later with my luggage, he told me that he will check whether there is another room available. There is and I was moved to that room. Staff is generally quite friendly and helpful.

Room itself is nice with usual thoughtful touches of Thailand. Nice simple modern decor. Love that I can watch TV whilst taking shower. Aircon works well. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The bathroom is a bit small with only shower and no bath tub.

Breakfast selection is a bit poor but given it's a small hotel, I guess it's standard. There aren't that many tables and I reckon if the hotel is quite full, it can be a nightmare. There's a small pool on the top floor. The location is really good, near Asoke BTS station, less than 5 mins walk away, which will take you to Siam Square/Paragon within 15 mins.

There are 2 computers in the lobby area with internet access for hotel guests to use which I found really useful. I wanted to print out my boarding pass before I left. This could be done but they charged THB25 per paper which is a bit extortionate.

On check-out, they checked the room. I had taken the pair of slippers I wore with me. The staff asked me for the slippers back which I found to be a bit appalling. The only explanation I can think of is that they reuse the slippers. I was not impressed to be hassled about that. Otherwise, I was quite happy with the hotel overall. However, there is no shortage of good hotels in Bangkok for a reasonable price, so the slipper incident led me to be quite certain I won't return.

We miss this place

by TripAdvisor Member jimmyinsocal

We stayed 2 nights here. Wished it was longer. Here's what you need to know.

The taxi drivers get confused coming here from the airport. They think it's actually further up the street than what it is, even when you show them a map. If they drop you off at Asok skytrain station, that's close enough. We had two taxis drop us off at the wrong spots. I don't know why, because it's a pretty big hotel.

Watch your step coming out of your bathroom for there is a small step, so small you don't notice it but your toes will.

The restaurant is expensive here. Breakfast is not included so you will pay for the buffet which is just ok. I suggest go out for breakfast.

The positives are too many to explain, here's a short list.

Soft bed, not hard like many other Asian hotels.
Staff are very professional, overly nice and service is so attentive I felt lazy. They pushed our elevator buttons for us, opened doors, the works. Always smiling.

Quiet. Silent rooms. Pool on top level is awesome. If it's late, just go all the way up on the elevator, make a left and there are two double doors that say fire, they open and you can go upstairs to pool and gym.

Clean, polished, freshness everywhere. From furniture to tile.

Showers are hot, powerful and full of shampoo and soaps. Great towels, linen, and room service. They lined up our shoes!

AC is excellent and can be left on when you leave so your room stays cool when you come back.

The service here was amazing, and nothing like it in US.

Superb,except for a shocker

by TripAdvisor Member woody2310

We chose the The Park Plaza based on the reviews. All of which are very true. Rooms are good, staff is friendly (except for some unnecessary curtness at the reception) and the two guys at the concierge desk are magicians ; capable of fixing anything for you.

Now here’s the shocker : On the last day, we planned to check-out at 12 noon, as per norms. We packed our bags, and since we still had an hour or two to spare, decided to rush across to MBK mall for last minute shopping. On our return, ten minutes to noon, we were shocked to find our bags in the lobby. Okay, so the hotel management was being proactive, we thought. But, I still had the rest of my money, passport and tickets in the room locker. Or so I thought. It seemed they had opened my locker and removed the contents (!) without permission. They then sheepishly handed over to me my bag of contents ; and, as I really didn’t know the exact amount of foreign exchange in my bag, I couldn’t be sure if any was missing.

For a hotel that claims to be a part of professional 3-star chain, this was a highly irregular and irresponsible breach, and, I do hope the management looks into this incident and ensures that future guests are never traumatised by this silly act.

Park Plaza is great!

by TripAdvisor Member ginauf

This is a nice hotel.

Though the elevator smelled a bit weird, the room had no such issue – I was in room 1507 (top floor) - it was big, there were 2 complimentary water bottles waiting, and towels twisted up into the shape of an elephant. The AC was strong and internet connection worked well. They also provided robes, slippers, razors, toothbrush & toothpaste, q-tips, sewing kit, shampoo and conditioner, nail file, umbrella – pretty much anything you forgot at home. There was a convenient home automation control in the room to control the lights and such right next to the bed. They also had an English newspaper at the door in the morning.

The reception staff was wonderful. Red in particular was great and had a much needed cool sense of humor. He provided me with a map, directions, itinerary suggestions, the works.

The hotel meals were cheap by US standards, really expensive by Thai standards, but they do make it nice. I had Pad Thai, a water, and an iced coffee for lunch my first day. It’d be the equivalent of going to fancy restaurant at home, except paying Olive Garden prices. The breakfast buffet was really vast and worth the $10 or $11 for the convenience.

Location-wise, the hotel is super convenient to the Sky Train (Asok stop) and the subway – about a 3 minute walk. This is really helpful in getting around Bangkok. For whatever reason, the taxi driver was unable to find the hotel, even though it’s a tall building, well labeled. Maybe tell the driver to take you to the Asok stop or the Sheraton which are both right next to the hotel.

The pool and gym are small, but have a great view and is perfect as I was the only one up there both times I went up. Perfect for a dip or a quick run on the treadmill.

We will be staying at this hotel again in a couple weeks when we fly out of Bangkok and return to the US (and look forward to it!).

Loved the Park Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member Phoenixboi

The park Plaza has only been open since January 2008 so everything is still fresh and new. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help out. It is only a short walk to the Asok skytrain station which gets you to all the main areas around Bangkok.
The rooms were clean, the breakfast was fresh and the dinner was awesome.
The rooftop has a pool with funky chillout music playing and is great to relax around after a good days shopping in Bangkok. It also has a little fitness gym near the pool.
Overall a great stay with no complaints. Would stay here again.

Siam Oriental Inn's Army in the eveningSiam Oriental Inn's Army in the evening

Soi by nightSoi by night

BTS Skytrain Nana StationBTS Skytrain Nana Station

All Seasons PlaceAll Seasons Place

ladyboys go out places

by Duckwitz

does anyone know a bar or club in bangkok where you can go with a ladyboy for a drink or to dance? And I don`t think about these places in Nana Pl. or Soi Cowboy, just regular nightlife, where you can also meet other Ladyboys or Gays?

thx!
Ducky

by frank_bkk

Definitely go to Silom Road Soi 4, that's a big gay/ladyboy area with loads of excellent bars. So many good bars, it's also a place where plenty of straights go. Big mix.

It's near the red light district of Patpong but its very different no bargirls, nothing like that this is a big Thai hang-out area.

by rungtip

my gay friends always go to Ratchada soi 8...can't remember what the name of that club...

by lucifer9700972

Hi,all If you looking places in Nana or Soi Cowboy.I recommet Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok.It's location In the heart of the city. A 5 minute walk to the Skytrain stop Asoke or the Sukhumvit subway stop next to it. The major shopping centre's are only a few stops away so you can be there in minutes.

by lucifer9700972