4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• leon.partsi's Profile Photo

4 star hotel in the middle of Bangkok

The hotel is central to Bangkok city, over the MBK center and opposite the IMAX theatre. It is 20mins away from the main backpackers area. An average night is worth USD$100-150 depending on what promotion you take part in. Don't stay here for full price, look for a promotion online.

The water is perfectly hot, the beds clean and soft. All the employees speak great English.

The staff are also able to be reasoned with - I was able to haggle with a concierge to use a free room for a half an hour to take a shower even after my checkout period (for a tip of 200 baht). The buffet breakfast is a thing of wonder with as many made-to-order eggs as you can stand.

It's a lovely hotel for those with the money to use it, but budget travellers are better off staying in a hostel closer to the young crowd around Ko San Road.

• Partyhat's Profile Photo

Dream Hotel in Bangkok

I booked the Pathumwan Princess Hotel through their website. Received the best rate ever for a five days stay with breakfast buffet. The standard room was Bht 2714 (USD 82) for a night which is a steal. Check in was fast and you are given your membership card right away. Room has recently been refurbished and refurnished with flat screen TV, bar, safe and contemporary bathroom. Love the view from the 16th floor. Buffet breakfast was fabulous with large variety of food. Staff are very professional and caring.

Unique Quality: Location is the main reason I booked this hotel. It is within the same building as one of the most popular shopping mall in Bangkok. You can have access to the mall either on the ground floor or on the second floor which is very convenient for shopping freaks. It is also next to the Sky Train which is convenient.

• classyDolly's Profile Photo

Bangkok best Connection to Mall

I am very happy with my stay at this hotel, because it is connected to a big Mall....Just go to the lobby and turn left and vua la a big 7 stories Mall...I dont have to go anywhere...And also you can access MRT from the Mall ...You can go to Central World Plaza, Siam Paragon and etc. Very Happy with this hotel.

Unique Quality: It is very classy hotel, nice lobby and reception..The breakfast is included and very nice..

• rhopkins70's Profile Photo

Bangkok's best hotel for shoppers

Wonderful 4-star hotel with perfect location - attached to MBK Mall!! The service was first class - very friendly staff, great size rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Unique Quality: Location, Location, Location!! Central hotel, right in the middle of the main shopping district. Large size rooms, great views with excellent facilities including gym, food outlets etc.

Directions: Phayathai Road, Bangkok. Shopping District

• minicooperdownunder's Profile Photo

Brilliant location

Enjoyed my stay here from the 18th March to 22nd March 2008. The hotel is in a fantastic location right above the huge MBK shopping mall which I am led to believe has something like 2000 small shops/stalls, a Japanese department store and huge food court. Stayed on the 16th floor overlooking the pool and wide open view of what I guess is best described as downtown Bangkok.

The hotel isn’t new probably 15 years or a bit older and while it is well maintained it is showing its age in areas like the bathroom when compared to newer hotels. The room had everything you could want, decent sized closet, sufficient draw space, safe, fridge, TV with a reasonable selection of international channels, comfortable bed and being a bit older the room is on the larger side.

The lobby and public areas appear to have been given a makeover and are pretty nice as is the pool area which has a huge pool for a city hotel with plenty of sun beds around it.

As previously mentioned the hotel is in a great location apart from being above one of the biggest malls in Bangkok, it has undercover air-conditioned access when the mall is open from 10am to 10pm to the sky train station and above street access to the malls on the nearby intersection which saves having to cross one of Bangkok’s busiest intersections.
    Overall a really good hotel in an even better location.

Directions: In the middle of major shopping area in Bangkok

• fachd's Profile Photo

Excellent four star hotel

We stayed at Pathumwan Princess Hotel and I think is a good 4 star hotel. I like the location because it is situated in the heart of the city and next door to MBK Centre and walking distance to Siam Square.

We stayed at Executive Plus Suite including daily buffet breakfast. The buffet breakfast is excellent with many to choose from. The room had safe, TV with Satellite channels, Phone/Fax.

The hotel has range of International restaurants (Italian, Korean and Japanese). In the hotel bar live band is playing everyday.

You can swim at the Olympic size salt water swimming pool, play tennis or badminton or squash, and sweat it out at the fitness club and cool off at the two outdoor Jacuzzis.

I would stay at this hotel again. I think the cost for the room was AUD 160 including buffet breakfast

Unique Quality: Central location, next door to MBK mall, opposite Siam Square, walking distance to mono rail station, excellent buffet breakfast, clean room.

Directions: Next to MBK Centre opposite Siam Square

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Easy access to Shopping @ MBK!

There is nothing budget about this hotel. At a 4 stars rate, you'll pay to stay here. Quite opulent, decadently comfortable, and if you're on a high floor, a great view to match that wallet/purse of yours....and insidiously popular with my countrymen, simply because it's right next to MBK Centre, within walking distance from Siam Square and other malls, all heavenly paradises for my countrymen (and countrywomen....I'm no sexist). You can't step into the lift without moaning in your head, "damn, here's one more"!

Stayed here on an overnight transit in BKK....bunking in with a colleague who happened to be in town for work. The room is spacious and from the 26F, hey, I'm above BKK.

I can't complain. Cheapo me. At least I get to use the bathtub for a night.

Unique Quality: Comfortable. Clean beds. Bathtub. A safe. TV.

Central location with the National Stadium BTS Station within walking distance.

Hey, I'm not complaining.

Directions: Next to MBK Centre, connected by connectors between the 2 Centres in the lowest 2 floors.

• Linda_T's Profile Photo

Shoppers Paradise

A very high standard 4 star hotel right in the middle of the best shopping district in Bangkok.
    The rooms are spacious and the decor is tasteful. Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks allows you to make your way through a varied cocktail list.
    The Citi Bistro for breakfast is very busy and the food fresh and varied.

Unique Quality: The hotel's location is unique, sitting adjacent to MBK Center and opposite Siam Square. Surrounded by some of Bangkok’s best retail and entertainment facilities.

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Very swish!!

I chose to stay at the Pathumwan Princess as it's close to all the major shopping areas and is an extremely comfortable hotel which I needed after 5 weeks of staying in no star accomodation.

I was impressed the minute I walked in the door, my bags were dealt with, I received a welcome drink whilst I checked in and when I finally go to my room I found a had a corner room with a sweeping view of the city!!

I was also impressed with the staff. The man who brought up my bags asked me what I was doing in Bangkok, I replied shopping and he produced a tourist map and began to underline all the good shopping areas.

The hotel has several bar areas and a major restaurant where a full breakfast (included) is served every morning.

The who place is extremely swish and a fantastic place to relax at the beginning or the end of a holiday. It's location next to MBK shopping centre (7 floors of shopping) and a 1 minute walk to Central Stadium sky train station isn't too bad either!!

• oakweb's Profile Photo

Emergency Renovation? and their Limo Service..

I've stayed here more than 5 times in 2 years, and it's a great location, great hotel. But this last time I want to make a post about. I flew in from NY after 18 hour flight. Checked in, and proceeded to go to the room to sleep. I was woken up immediately by a large jackhammer sound directly above my room. I called the front desk and they claimed it was "Emergency Renovation". I told them there was no such thing. I proceeded to be woken up off and on for a few hours.

Next day the same thing, it was a great disappointment to pay $165 a night and for them not to offer any kind of discount or to move my room.

For this reason I must suggest now if you are going to fly in and stay from overseas, to call and ask them before you book if there is any "Emergency Renovation" going on near your room. Tell them it's very important before you book that they understand you may want to take a nap at 2pm without being disturbed by jackhammers.

The other concern is regarding their limo service. If you have 4 large bags their BMW will not be able to fit the bags. I arrived and found this out the hard way as I waited for the driver and his helper to stuff the bags into the back of the car. It took them 15 minutes to arrange the bags finally so it would fit. The real bummer to all this was the fact they broke by Samsonite 4 wheel any turn suitcase. These cases are very rugged, but not rugged enough to withstand the two guys jamming it into the back of the BMW.

They gave me the limo ride for free, but that did not cover the suitcase cost which is about $135

Unique Quality: great pool.. great location, just call ahead and ask to speak with the manager if you want peace and quite in the room

• amansfield's Profile Photo

Shopper's paradise!

Ideally located for shopping in Bangkok! There is a direct entrance to the MBK building from the hotel lobby. There are floors and floors of shopping - both real and fake (and it's air-conditioned!!) It also means you can eat very cheaply as there are plently of restaurants and cafes in the centre. We didn't have the buffet while at the hotel - just picked up a coffee and a pastry from the coffee shop in the lobby of the hotel each money which was reasonably priced. Ajoining the MBK also means there is a skytrain station as well which helps if you want to shop further abroad!

• Excellent Hotel in Bangkok

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights from 28th May - 1st June.

From the moment I arrived the service was impeccable, whilst checking-in we were given a cold drink, the check-in was very fast and efficient (despite the fact I had misplaced the voucher from the reservations agency!).

The room was great, we upgraded to a deluxe room which had a separate bath and shower, the bed was huge and exceptionally comfortable. It had all the facilities you would expect, safe, hairdryer, etc etc.

The hotel itself has a variety of restaurants and the bar is a really good place to chill out before or after you have been out for the evening. The food in the Lobby Bar is fine if a little pricer than outside but of course you expect that.

Breakfast is fantastic, a huge choice from Asian food through to Western.

Overall I cannot fault the hotel, I was slightly disappointed with the location having stayed previously in the Sukhumvit area but if you like shopping it is absolutely perfect.

Unique Quality: The pool and jacuzzis are fantastic, be warned the jacuzzis are VERY hot, but totally relaxing!

Directions: Siam Square

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Upmarket Hotel near MBK

We visited this hotel , but did not have a room as we were staying elsewhere. Our impression was of a very modern hotel, the areas we saw were all modern and well kept. The hotel is located next door to the MBK Shopping complex and actually has an entry into MBK from the foyer. We were impressed by the security as you enter the hotel, the security have equipment to scan your handbag or other items.
    We liked the hotel so much we had lunch at its CiTi BiSTRo.

Unique Quality: Service was excellent , furniture, fixtures and fittings top class.

Directions: Take Skytrain to National Stadium, hotel is located next to MBK Shopping Complex

• MJS17's Profile Photo

Good price, good location, great standard.

Our stay in this hotel really was fantastic. Located right next to MBK and the cross over point of the skytrain (siam station) its location was convenient for great shopping and transport to most of the main areas of Bangkok. Staff were friendly, rooms were serviced regularly and cleaned to a good standard and the views of the city from our corner room were superb. The pool is good and my wife was a big fan of the breakfasts. Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• TurtleMania's Profile Photo

Fantastic

This hotel is in a great location. The hotel itself is also very good, no complaints at all.
    I will be staying there again next time we visit Bangkok, we have been 3 times and go every year or so.
    Close to skyrail, adjacent to great shopping centre and right in the middle of town. Great food at the top of the adjacent shopping centre too.

More about Pathumwan Princess Hotel

pathumwan princess

by jubillee

What are Vters views on the Pathumwan princess hotel. I am planning to stay there end of may for a week.

Do you have to go to the spa for a massage or do they have a seperate massage service?

Thangs guys.

RE: pathumwan princess

by Mikebb

Hi, We went there for lunch when we were in Bangkok during February, a very good restaurant, modern hotel, well positioned with direct entry to MBK shopping, very close to Skytrain etc. I have photos of restaurant etc on my VT Bangkok page.
Good Luck, Mikebb

RE: pathumwan princess

by DarkRay

Hi, Pathumwan Princess is in an excellent location and is possibly the most centrally located (for shopping) hotel in Bangkok.

You are always spoilt for choice for massages in Bangkok. In my opinion, the best place is actually near Wat Po (not the non-air-conditioned one within the temple, but the air-conditioned one nearby). Their traditional massage with Ayurvedic herbs was a rejuvenating experience.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)