Peninsula Hotel Bangkok

Family Travel Seniors Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

Best hotel for Business and Holiday Trip

by written on November 1, 2010

I was on business trip of Bangkok and get a chance to stay in Peninsula for a 3 nights. I was missing my family there because I feel this is best for make sometime with family. The hotel might be the best I ever stayed. I found everything is perfect there including check- In and Check –Out. The room was marvelous and designed elegantly, I got everything in room what I can expect from a five star hotels. I was in Deluxe room which are on 25th floor and this was the ideal to see Bangkok and Peninsula in night from room Lobby.

The hotel has a riverside pool and plenty of restaurant options. The cuisines of restaurant were amazing and I enjoyed lunch in a light atmosphere. The all staffs are very friendly and serve everything in best manner.

The best thing about this hotel is their location. The hotel is on best location for both business and holiday’s treveller. The hotel is on riverside location and easily accessible form major part of this city. The hotel is only 50 Minutes car drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport. In one sentence I had booked The Peninsula Hotel Bangkok through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/far/thbath.aspx

Unique Quality: Room, Pool

Legendary service

by written on December 15, 2007

There's only one word to describe it -- seamless from the pickup, to check in, to checkout. The check-in took place in the room, and everything needed for your stay was given right there. The room was elegant. The view on the 31st floor of the night lights of Bangkok was breath-taking. The bathroom was luxurious with a TV, 2 vanities, and marble and tavertine every where. The room was equipped with gadgetery like you won't believe. Everything -- lights, TV, alarm and even the curtains can be controlled from a panel next to your bed. The breakfast was good, enough to pick from.

Unique Quality: Peninsula is the legendary granddame of Hong Kong hotels. It's wonderful that the sister properties elsewhere are carrying on that tradition of lengedary service. The afternoon tea at the Hong Kong Pen was almost an institution of the halcyon colonial days. If that's your thing, you'll find solace at the Bangkok Pen.

The service was REALLY superb. Can't say enought about that. Don't worry about the ferry trip from the other side. The service is very frequent, and the people just can't do enough for you.

Really can't say the same thing about the Bangkok Shangrila. Shameful service there. Review coimg soon. Stay tuned.

Directions: Across from Saphan Taksin. They have their own ferry to take you across

Openseas's Profile Photo

A true 5 Star Hotel.

by written on August 29, 2007

Location –

The Peninsula Hotel is situated on the Chao Praya River with stunning
views of Bangkok skyline and river. Its approx 40 minutes from the airport.

Arrival –

We arrived late 4.00am due to our plane being delayed, check in was fast and professional the staff very friendly for this time of the morning.

Room –

Our room 1706 was gorgeous with a king size bed which was heavenly to sleep in., the pillows just perfect, although hubby preferred them
to be slightly harder. Our room was elegantly furnished with a small two setter, coffee table, large chair and good size working desk with
internet connection Off the lounge room was sliding doors to a small balcony which had fabulous views of the river and city skyline.

Off the bedroom a large walk-in wardrobe with plenty of cupboards and hanging space. A safe was connected to the wall. A excellent dress mirror was also supplied.

Bathroom –

The bathroom was fantastic with two separate vanity units with an excellent make-up mirror with a separate shower, bath and toilet. Toiletries were generously supplied and two dressing gowns completed the perfect picture. A plasma TV was neatly tucked into the wall over the bath tub.

Room service –

As with most Asian hotels the service was outstanding, always done with resourceful efficiency and politeness. Timing was also quick and
efficient,

Food –

We had lunch overlooking the river on the terrace and we found it to be of good quality with a large Thai menu. Due to our short visit we didn’t try the breakfast., although we had dinner on the balcony which we found to be exceptional. There are 4 restaurants, Chinese, Thai, International and cafe.

Pool –

Fabulous large swimming pool (4 separate ones) with plenty of deck chairs and umbrellas.

Transport –

It’s very easy to get to MBK shopping mall by catching the Peninsula ferry across the river . It’s a short walk to the sky train station, just five stops and ten minutes you are at National Station where all the main shopping stores are in Bangkok.

Unique Quality: Overall - A truly wonderful hotel.

Best hotel I ever stayed in

by written on June 29, 2007

Great location across the river. Reserved a balconey room, but they were out and was upgraded to a junior suite. Best bang for the buck in a hotel that I have experienced. Service was great, extra bathroom with huge view of river. Massive windows allow you to look out at Bangkok. Power shades were fun and functional. The boat ride across the river is actually a great thing, served as a divider betwwen the hustle of Bangkok and paradise at the hotel. Didn't eat in the hotel because it was pricey. The skytrain is right across the river. Also easy to catch the river taxis, which are public transportation and easy to use.

Love this place. Best hotel experience I have ever had.

XenosUK's Profile Photo

True Five Star Luxury!

by written on May 13, 2007

We’d booked a standard room, but asked about upgrades when we checked in and got a balcony room for an extra $20US a night, which we thought was reasonable and turned out to be well worth the extra. We stayed for 5 nights and it was everything we’d expected and more. The room, the service and every meal we ate in the hotel were excellent. We’ve stayed in 5* hotels before, but had decided that since Bangkok is one of the few cities in the world where we’d be able to afford the best, we’d splash out and go for it this time. We weren’t disappointed!

Some say that the hotel is on the wrong side of the river, as it’s on the opposite side from everything else. We thought this was a bonus, because we could see “everything else” from our bedroom window and the boat rides across the river in their shuttle boats was a treat in itself.

We did have a few minor grumbles. The retractable washing line that you usually find above the bath in most hotels was notable by its absence, as were any kind of tea/coffee-making facilities. Maybe they think their guests are too grand to wash their own socks and make their own coffee, but it would have been nice to have had the option. I made do with hanging my washing on the towel rack, but I did miss being able to fall out of bed and make myself a cup of coffee in a morning.

Also missing was the usual card to put on th bed if you don’t feel the need for a change of linen. Of course, some hotels may use this as a means of saving on laundry costs by pricking at their guests’ eco-consciences, but I was in 2 minds about it. My self-indulgent head said it was good to see that they weren’t jumping on the bandwagon and skimping on the service. But my ecological head said it seemed a bit wasteful and again it would have been nice to have had the choice. After all, the rooms have very efficient air-con and stay cool at night, so keeping the same sheets for more than one night wouldn’t have been any hardship.

Apart from that, we loved it and will definitely stay again if we return to Bangkok.

Unique Quality: It’s the little touches that make all the difference - like fresh fruit that’s changed daily, even if you don’t eat it; your complimentary morning newspaper not being left outside your door, but placed in a kind of mailbox, which had a cat flap arrangement on both the outside and inside, so that you didn’t have to open the door in your dressing gown to pick it up; and receiving a fax in the evenings if you happened to have the Do Not Disturb sign on when they came to turn down the room, apologising for not being able to do it and asking you to phone housekeeping if you’d like them to come back.

There was even a TV with waterproof controls built into the wall over the bath and when we went down to the pool, we weren't just handed our towels, like in most other hotels we've stayed in - the pool staff carried them to an empty lounger for us and spread them out, ready for us to lie on. That's what I call service!

hotel d'exception

by written on March 22, 2007

qualité-prix exceptionnel, restauration en buffet,cadre somptueux, piscine avec spa, situation sur la riviere avec bacs pour les express-boat ou le metro aerien. Nous y retournerons.

Unique Quality: vue panoramique, piscine de reve

akikonomu's Profile Photo

Luxury

by written on September 15, 2006

If not for the fact that I'm reimbursed for staying here for business purpose, I wouldn't have even considered the place.

But after staying here, I may jolly well check in again for a good pamper on special occassions.

The morning breakfast is nothing to shout about, the rooms are. Especially if you take the Deluxe rooms with unit number #1. IMHO, it's probably the room with the best view. The huge bed faces out into the skyline. The soft, plush couch lets you lounge around while having a good view of the city lights over the river.

The bathroom is an enjoyment with huge fluffy towels, mood lights, radio, a bathtub with a TV, separated from the shower room and toilet (thank you very much). Strangely, they don't provide toothbrush and toothpaste when every other toiletry is in place.

The room smells nice and clean and the airconditioning has good adjustments.

Unique Quality: The chambermaids are kept very busy. They make up your room in the morning and evening (around dinner time). The latter is to make your bed for dinner. I found it a little disturbing that in the morning, they place the bedroom slippers side by side with any other shoe you have by the door; then place it by your bed in the evening in the exact position your feet would fall when you get out of bed. And they have a knack for arranging my toiletries, hairclips, brooches in parallel lines on the dressing table.

Fantastic housekeeping for neat freaks, but I get touchy (so I mess up the clips when I get back to the room) and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign to "escape" the evening arrangements.

Aylith's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

by written on December 14, 2005

Without any doubt this is a 5 * hotel. The service from the moment you arrive to the second you leave is 1st class.

I arrived at 8.30am after spending 5 days treking in Northern Thailand so I looked more than a little out of place at this grand hotel. However I was given promptly service and greeted with a warm smile from all. Checkin was smooth and they didn't seem to have a problem that I was checking in early either.

The room I had was a delux one (I was lucky to be upgraded) The view was out of this world, The bathroom was purrr-fect (Most women would dream of this bathroom) made of marble, with double sink, huge bath and sep. shower. Mood lighting for those romantic nights. The bedroom itself was plush and very clean and spacious.

With the hotel being the wrong side of the river there is a shuttle boat running every 5 mins across the river to the sky train so it's very easy access. Do try and speak with the crew as they are tryin to improve thier english :0)

The one thing I liked about this hotel was the service. You'd go out for a while come back and find that your room had been laid out for you for when you want to sleep. As in bed covers turned down and telly swung out so you could watch it from your bed!

Top notch all in all.

Unique Quality: * Some of the best views of the river from your own hotel room

The Academy

by written on November 26, 2005

The cannot-be-surpassed Peninsula has the best view of Bangkok because it is on the ?other? side of the Chao Phraya ? they provide a boat shuttle. But, the best part is the their Academy where they offer Thai cooking lessons plus other classes on local culture.

Unique Quality: Very, very high tech rooms...
Swimming pool and restaurant right on the river

Directions: On the river - near the River City Mall

vickyn_y2k's Profile Photo

heaven

by written on September 5, 2005

best hotel i have ever stayed in. everything was amazing. food, service, facilities , etc,,, i could go on forever. it is a must do in your lifetime

Unique Quality: electric curtains in your room, private river boat taxi, and the afternoon tea. unbelievable

Pimilan's Profile Photo

top of the top's

by written on August 20, 2005

Everything was on the top, promtly check-in, i have 2 connecting rooms truth a small lobby. I was only on the fourth floor, room 401, 402 but the view on the swiming pool and the river was great.For breakfast no coupon they only ask my name for control. 3 boats connecting you on the other side of the river.Check-out was made quickly with a large number of employees, No inscription of Cashier, Check-in or Check-out on the desk, they do every operation. A great experience.
Absolutely recomended.

Unique Quality: A wonderful swiming pool wit thai style cabana.
Electric curtain, tv on the bathroom and one the largest room in Bangkok. Great view from every room on river and Bangkok skyline.

Directions: In Thonburi, on the river

tere1's Profile Photo

An oasis in busy Bangkok

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2005

I've always wanted to stay at the Peninsula when I planned my trip to Bangkok. And I loved my stay there. The rooms were gorgeous, very large, the bathroom amazing, with a tv scren in the bath.

Great buffet breakfast facing the river and a good buffet dinner. Everything about the hotel was great except for the service. I had to wait an hour for my room to be ready when I checked in. The reception people were very unfriendly also.

Unique Quality: The Peninsula is located on the other side of the river but there are some boats to take us from one place to another often and the boys who worked in the boats were the friendliest we found in Bangkok.
Also a nice feature is you can close curtains from your bed by pushing a button. Keep the curtains opened at night, the view is fabulous!
I found the Peninsula an oasis in the middle of bustling Bangkok.

Paksong's Profile Photo

#1 hotel in the world

by written on April 13, 2005

This hotel is fantastic. The staff is the gentlest, kindest, most thorough I have ever experienced. The location on the opposite side of the river is a bit awkward, but the hotel makes up for the location with constant shuttles (old, restored boats.) In fact, the shuttle ride is sort of fun!
Elegant pool; great restaurants; superb views. A+
The pic is of the shuttles boats and some long boats, from my room looking towards the far shore.

Directions: Across the river from the Shangrai-La and the Mandarin Oriental...high rent district.

Jolaz's Profile Photo

Bangkok's best hotel

by written on July 25, 2004

Facinating views for all rooms with Peninsula, as they all faced the river. Plus they have a small TV at the bath tub in each room. You won't be missing your favorite programme while enjoying your bath.

Taravinc's Profile Photo

5-Star Accommodation by the Chao Praya

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2003

This stay was my most recent & very much the 5-Star accommodation that you would expect. Service was excellent, too.....

Unique Quality: Great views from my room, high floors are the best (mine was 27 so try to get it around that level). Easily accessible by hotel ferry shuttle & skytrain to the best tourist areas.

Directions: Facing Chao Praya & opposite side of the river to Shangri-La

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews