95 Sukhumvit Road Soi 24, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• alvis's Profile Photo

President Park

Got probably the cheapest room in the place and all the shared amenities were there for me. Was still a lovely room with aircon and large bathroom and shower was really a great room for the price. Got the hi-fi and the UBC cable and big tv everything on remote. Room service was delish. The best part of this stay though was the amenities the swimming pool and gym were great and the view from the pool over Bangkoks main shopping district. Also just a short distance to the Phrom Pong BTS skytrain and The Emporium.

More about President Park

(Perfect President Park).

by TripAdvisor Member SOLAQueensland

I would like to let you know that The President Park hotel(Bangkok) has made my stay so enjoyable and comforting throughout the 3 months i was there.
All the wonderful and smiling staff make you feel so comfortable and relaxed, they make you feel like your at home!
In the duration of my stay, my experiences with the hotel service was just brillant, everything you need to know, wheather it being travelling around Bangkok or just finding out where the best places are to dine, the beautiful staff are more than happy to help you in any way possible!
I had been staying there for business for 3 months and not once, have come across any complications with the hotel service.
I have got to know most of the friendly staff there and have become good friends with the lovely poeple in the hotel lobby!
The restaurant there is just excellent, they have an aray of food to choose from, international to beautiful thai cuisine they have it all.
I have tried most of the menu on hand and loved it!
The location of the hotel in the big city of Bangkok is just perfect,it is close to all public transport, everything from huge shopping malls to historic temples are just minutes away from the hotel.
So if you are going to Thailand soon, and you want an affordable and classy place to stay, i highly recommend The President Park (Bangkok).
You will not be dissapointed!
Please enjoy!

Simply The Best

by TripAdvisor Member sandy61

President Park would have to be the best hotel I have stayed at in Bangkok. The service was simply the best. The manager Danny Lingham really makes certain your stay is pleasant and looks after every need. Our daughter was sick while we were there and the staff went out after midnight to get medical supplies. The food is great, swimming pool is lovely and the rooms are very modern and clean. It is great value for money. Well situated to the sky train and a very safe area to walk at night.

Amazing quality for such reasonable rate

by TripAdvisor Member eason_US

I have stayed at the President Park Executive Suites 4 times in the last 6 months. This hotel has great facilities for a traveler away from home. The exercise facilities and the rock-climbing wall is simply unmatched by any other hotel I have ever stayed at, anywhere in continental US or anywhere in Europe. Countless numbers of swimming pools all suited on the roof garden in an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was nice coming back to the hotel after a day of site seeing and getting around Bangkok. The rooms are very nicely equipped compared to US/Europe standards and the kitchenette is perfect if you occasionally want to make yourself something to eat. The breakfast was good but I have had better. I would only rate it 7 out of 10. It was not bad but it could have had more to offer. The building is very clean and very nice and modern. The staff are just wonderful. Every time I have stayed here, the staff were extremely friendly, always helpful and cheerful, and just willing to help with anything you ask of them. From currency exchange to directions to tourist sites, to getting you a taxi or just helping you with finding local attractions and maps. They are great help when you need them. This hotel offers free wireless Internet which most other hotels actually charge you for it. Of course other hotels have often told me that the wireless is included – but in fact they charge you for “Internet Service”, when i get there, something like $3 per hour. The President Park is actually FREE wireless Internet with Internet service. No charge for this, which I found quite rare in Thailand, I think the location of this hotel is one of the best things about it. There is everything you want nearby within walking distance. Within a minute of walk you are at the Au bon Pain - a wonderful coffee and sandwich shop that you just must visit. Try their excellent food and very nice cakes and pastries. Club 88 is a very nice wine bar for tourists and locals and there is a new buffet restaurant that is probably better than what you find anywhere in Las Vegas, and very reasonably priced. There is a TESCO mall within 5 minutes walk which is a huge. You can find anything you want here. There is also a TOPS food if you need food and drinks at the highest quality you would find in US/Europe. Within a hundred yards there is BOOTS pharmacy, a few nice Thai restaurants, Starbucks, and minutes from the Emporium Mall and Food Hall and the famous Sukhomvit street. In conclusion, this is a great hotel because of its staff, its exceptionally clean rooms, unmatched facilities, and its great, great location. After you price out other hotels, it will quickly become obvious you cannot find any hotel of this quality, this level of service, superb amenities, and perfect location for such low price – anywhere in Bangkok. I look forward to my next visit in March 2008.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Shermjezzy

Our Softball team stayed at President Park Hotel last year and found the property to be very spacious, clean, and comfortable. So it was not hard to decide where to stay this year. The staff was so helpful and pleasant. The rooms are very nice. We look forward to staying there again. Oh, forgot to mention the spa! The spa offers a nice relaxing massage program. I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone planning a trip to Bangkok.

Wonderful Hotel close to Everything Bangkok has to Offer

by TripAdvisor Member Ramsey78

We recently booked a two bedroom suite at the President Park Hotel in Bangkok, and we very suprised at how nice of a room we got for such a reasonable price. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels accross the world, had suites at Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons, properites such as the Venetian and Bellagio in Las Vegas, and this property is right up with there in comfort with the very best.

The rooms as fashionably decorated with nice touches like 42' plasma tvs, washer and dryer units, and DVD players. Everything was very clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Room service was reasonably priced, and very fast. The taxi ride from the hotel was 200 Baht ($6 US). The pools, and workout is amazing. I have stayed at 5-6 other "4-5 star" hotels in Bangkok, and have finally found a place to call home.

Still desperately needs a full refurb

by TripAdvisor Member tomster100

After seeing a positive approach from the management responding to the posts on trip advisor, I booked 6 rooms for 3 nights for some friends that were staying in Bangkok – I also stayed for one night in a Tulip Suite myself to see if things had changed for the better – here is what I found:-

1. The rooms in the Mayflower Wing still had bathrooms with walls so dirty that you could literally peel the dirt off in places, mould in the showers was as bad as ever. I just can't understand how the staff can clean the rooms and not deal with this problem, it's so basic.

2. Refurbished rooms appear to be limited to the Carnation suites in the main building, had a look at one and it looked good but still had nasty smell associated with aging Bangkok hotels. Orchid suites I looked at were exactly the same, run down and long overdue for refurbishment.

3. Staff excellent in the main, was shown around by a professional looking middle aged woman who was actually quite useless but that was an exception, they are normally very good and this stay was no different.

There is, however, something about President Park that keeps people coming back, my friends who stayed there loved it, it was value for money, great for single men and the health facilities of the Capitol Club are superb. The reception area was busy as usual proving that despite the desperate need for renovation they still attract plenty of guests, President Park seems to have that intangible something that brings people back year after year.

The management company behind the property is Compass Hospitality, they have recently opened up at least two new properties - perhaps when the money starts to roll in from these investments the ever popular President Park will get the refit it both needs and deserves…?

choose a refurbished room if possible

by TripAdvisor Member ochealth1

The refurbished rooms are beautiful, and a great value. The restaurant has delicious food at a reasonable price. There is a choice of American and Asian food. It is easy to enjoy a nice meal with a glass of wine in this smoke-free bar/restaurant. The breakfast was perfect.

The health club is the best I've ever seen at a hotel. It is a fully equipped gym with weights, machines, spa, and luxurious teak locker room. The swimming pool is also impressive.

The non-refurbished rooms can be scary, be careful. As reported in other posts, there is a mold/mildew problem and unpleasant smells. It looks as though they are being renovated at this time. I wish them luck. In the meantime, I suggest a musclebound scouring of everything.

Like most hotels, the business center and laundry services are expensive. A two minute walk outside the hotel there are dirt cheap internet cafes and laundry services.

The hotel is not in walking distance to the skytrain. (Most hotels in Bangkok are not close to the skytrain). Shuttles and taxis are available.

My lasting suggestion and complaint is that the refridgerators are fully stocked with mini-bar items. Many guests would actually like to save money by buying groceries. It is impossible store that much in a fully stocked fridge. These rooms are designed as apartments, it only makes sense to have some space in the fridges available.

The staff at all levels have been exceptionally polite and helpful. I have always enjoyed talking with them. I hope they can handle some of the serious problems that exist in this hotel.

Good value for money, but quite dated

by TripAdvisor Member Georgi_dk

During our last visit to Bangkok, we stayed at "The Davis", which we liked a lot. We also appreciated the location (something that many people would not agree with). Since it's our second trip this year, we decided to seek a more cheaper accommodation in the same neighborhood. So "The President Park Hotel" was right across the street.

The hotel is very big. Actually, the President Park is also two towers occupied by condo-like apartments. The hotel is located kinda around the two towers.

The hotel's website is very nice, with some cool features allowing you to see your room in 3D from-the-top view. Also the prices are OK too (but remember, this is Bangkok, and you are able to find something even better for this money, somewhere else of course).

All in all we liked the hotel. The room was spacious and stuffed exactly how it looks on the 3D picture. However, IT'S OLD. We also went to what's called "Club", which gives you access to a sauna and a swimming pool. Actually they have 5 swimming pools and two saunas.

All looks like it was built 30 years ago in a very expensive manner and back then it was called "club" and "luxurious hotel". But then people left for some time and only returned like two years (I am imagining). So everything needs to be fixed, but it takes both time and money so some parts just remain old.

We had quite big bathroom, but the glass dividing the shower section was slightly green because of some sort of small fauna growing on it. The first day there was a smell of old stuff, but then it disappeared. We figured out it was because the room was wet-cleaned prior to our arrival.

As a conclusion I can say that the hotel is OK. But if you have more money go for "The Davis". There you will not experience any of the cons listed above. If you don't have much money and stay in Bangkok for just a few nights, go for "The President Park". At least the sheets are clean, there is hot water in the shower and the stuff is friendly and helpful.

Good Location, Good Value, Good Service

by TripAdvisor Member JenniferEdinburgh

I stayed here with a friend for four days, mid-December 2007. As the trip was mainly for a ‘catch-up’ with my friend and some girly Christmas Shopping (I was staying in Asia over the Christmas period), I didn’t spend a large amount of time at the hotel. Over the past few months I have always stayed at another hotel, close by, however, decided to try President Park as it was slightly cheaper.

Location in Sukhunvit 24 is ideal. It is a THB 20 motorbike ride from the skytrain station, though you can walk it in 10/15 mins The concierge were kind enough to provide a skytrain map. It is also very close to the Emporium Shopping Centre. Many bars and clubs are located in the Sukhumvit area therefore, they were only a short taxi ride in the evenings (of course this depends on the traffic!) Starbucks and a variety of restaurants are located opposite they hotel at Camp Davis. Boots the Pharmacy and a great supermarket are also located seconds away.

I booked a Tulip Suite which comprised a separate living and sleeping area separated by a screen which could be pulled shut to separate the areas. In each area there was a flat screen 32 inch, maybe bigger, TV. The Living area had a large sofa bed, an additional TV with DVD player and speaker system. In the kitchen area there was a large refrigerator/freezer, hobs, sink, microwave and washing machine. Unfortunately, as I was only staying for four nights I did not make full use of these, though they were nice to have. There was even a small ‘bar/eating’ area with two stools. The bathroom could have done with some upgrading, but this was just cosmetic and we had no major complaints.

The Lobby area and restaurant could have benefited from some minor upgrading and I assume this will be carried out in time as some of the rooms already benefit from upgrading.

I primarily booked the hotel based on location and because I wanted access to a swimming pool and gym. The hotel guests gain automatic entry to a leisure club which I believe is located within the building. I did not, however, have a chance to use these though I understand there are a wide variety of facilities available including tennis courts and several pools to choose from.

This hotel is a great place to stay if staying long or short term in Bangkok. I booked this hotel based on the good reviews placed on tripadvisor. I agree with a previous review that it is cheaper to book directly through the hotel’s own website, I could not find any other cheaper websites offering better rates. I recommend this hotel and hope to stay at President Park again, in February 2008.

Comments