President Solitaire

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• iammon's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

We had a great stay at this beautiful modern hotel (Compass Hospitality Group). For 70 Euros we had a real suite. Big entrance hall, sleeping room with a huge flat screen TV, remotes to control the whole apartment from bed, living room with stunning views and another TV, full equipped kitchen and a huge bath room with hot tub. We felt like in heaven. Everything was very clean, bright and calm.

Unique Quality: It offers everything you might need: SPA, pool, Restaurants with good food and ok prices and friendly staff.

Directions: Located on Sukumvit Road in walking distance to Nana station. Subway is close by as well. It has everything you might need within walking distance.

• Great Hotel Overall

I just returned from an eight day stay at the President Solitaire in Bangkok. A little pricey but great five star Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11. I stayed in a Platinum Suite for the duration of my stay. Clean and spacious rooms, extremely friendly and helpful staff and located within short walking distance of Bed and Supper Club, Q Club and Sukhumvit Night Markets. Most staff are fairly fluent in English.

However, the administration at this Hotel are not the most organized . I made my reservations well in advance and booked an airport pick up shuttle. On my arrival to Bangkok the Hotel Shuttle I booked was nowhere to be found so I took a Taxi to the hotel, when I arrived they had no record of my reservations, but to their credit the staff were quick to find me a room.

Overall though, not a bad Hotel and I would recommend it anyone wishing a comfortable stay in a convenient location when visiting Bangkok.

Unique Quality: President Solitaire offers Free Internet in all rooms. Has a complete Pool and Spa. 24 hours room service. All staff fairly fluent in English. Close to shopping and attractions.

Directions: Located in the heart of Bangkok's Business/Entertainment District.

• RobertNieto1's Profile Photo

Great hotel in Bangkok

Great hotel! Awesome! I stayed there in May 2006, as went Thailand for R&R from Iraq. I had the Platium Suite, big roomy, wood floor's 42inch plasma TV with DVD and Stereo. Kitchen, living room. I loved the location it was right next to or should I better say it was like a block away from the Q-Bar which is one of Bangkok's upscale clubs. And right down the street was Bed & Supper which is another upscale club, in the what looks like a airplane hanger, hard to describe. I was cool loud, and crowded, but the club is divided into two parts thta night they were having a concert on one end, and as soon it was over the opened that part up which was cool because they like white bed cushions all the way around on the upper deck. You could lay there and sip your drink and watch everyone dance below.

• maclean's Profile Photo

Comfortable Serviced Apartments In Bankok

A delightful hotel (Serviced Apartment) situated in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

As I entered the President Solitaire, by the Hotel Shuttle, the door was opened for me and a Security Guard welcomed me to the hotel, unloaded my bags and escorted me to the reception where two delightful ladies checked me in and processed all the necessaries.

I was then shown to my room (yes, I know, I had to get the one with a Jaccuzzi) where the 'bell hop' proceeded to show me the television (42" Plasma) and how it worked, the DVD Player, the Air Conditioning console, the lighting console, the kitchen (Including the Fridge, Microwave, you get the idea), the bathroom and even how to use the Jaccuzzi, Shower and Bath - Extremely Helpfull !!. Just as soon as he had arrived - then he dissappeared.

The ladies on the reception / guest services desk are happy to recommend restaurants, places to see, things to do and will book tables or sort out any communication issues that may have arisen.

The cleaner, god bless her - Thank you Arrisara, was an absolute godsend - she would be in and out the room at your convenience and spring clean the room from top to bottom - folding and storing away your underpants and socks that you threw in the corner - from the night before - Drunk I hear you all say !!! Yes, I reply !!!!

The security guards and the general concierge manager rarely change and are a very welcome sight when you return from your day haggling with taxi drivers, tuk tuk drivers and store holders - always smiling and always asking how your day has been !!!

Nice Little Art Gallery, Basic Gym, Nice Health Spa

Unique Quality: The people are the nicest thing about this hotel, nothing appears to be too much trouble for them even when I roll in the door after a heavy night out - they still welcome you with a smile and a friendly greeting. Not that I roll in drunk all the time !.

But if you need to go shopping and know the address, the girls will write it in Thai for you ! (Just so the Taxi Driver can understand fully). They have even looked up restaurants for me asked if I wanted them to book a table for me.

The Security Gentlemen will get you a metered taxi and inform the taxi driver where you would like to go - no hassles for you.

Free shuttle service, generally to the top of Soi 11, but also to the Bumrungrad Hospital area, and sometimes some of the other Soi areas.

Directions: it is better to access this hotel from Sukhumvit Soi 11 as the road is better.

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

A "Landmark" in Sukhumvit

Ambassador is one the oldest great hotel in Sukhumvit. The tower offer nice view and the room are large. You have separate entrance and private reception, the decor is thai. Of course pool and somme area are old, the main bulding is of the 70's and the tower of 1980. I see in the restaurant a bottle of "Petrus " for 68000 Baht!
    The tower win was designed by a well know architect : Dan Wongprasat.

Unique Quality: Good location, nice view, popular

Directions: In soi 11

• harjeev's Profile Photo

Ambassador -Decent place tp stay while in BKK

Good Hotel for the price.
    Stayed there in July 2003 got a good price @ 1400 Bhats from www.planetholiday.com. Now I think that they have increased the prices to 1520 Bhats per night(incl breakfast). The service is good and it took me about 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel and 230 Bhats Taxi Ride (taking the express way).
    Would be visiting again in January 2004 and will be staying at the ambassador without doubt.
    My advise to the people is not to take the advise of the local travel agents but to go on the internet and search for hotel booking sites(a lot of them are out there and really good price than what you would be when you walk in at the hotel).

Unique Quality: Very nice hotel. Clean Rooms 24 HRS Room Service, Bar, Night Club(Though I never visited the Nite Club) Pool, Health Centre(neither did I use this)

Directions: Very near the NANA BTS station. 5 min walk. Step down from the Nana BTS towards the odd numbered Soi's & take the first turn onto your left. U would come down an approx 300 yards and the Hotel is on your right hand side.

• husain's Profile Photo

good value for money

My travel agent in Delhi arranged for this neat deal...
    it read- `two nights, with breakfast, airport pick up and drop, half day temple sightseeing tour'
    All for under $100!
    i kept waiting for the catch, but thankfully...:)
    The hotel was much better than i was anticipating to be seeing.

Directions: A five minute walk from Nana station on the sky train...

More about President Solitaire

Flood ruin hotel stay

by TripAdvisor Member Maria888

This is a good hotel but last 10 Oct 2006, it was raining for 5 hours which caused the area from BTS Nana station to the hotel to flood and the waters raised up to knee-high. At 6.30 pm, I begged someone in reception and concierge to have me picked up near the BTS station because I couldn't walk through the floods but they said their tuk tuk was unavailable and I should just try to find a taxi by myself.

It took me 2.5 hours to get home. At 850 pm, I took a taxi from Nana station and got off at President Grand Hotel at Sukhumvit Rd, when the taxi driver demanded BAHT 1000 to take me to President Solitaire a mere .8 km away. By then, I was really very angry and upset for choosing a hotel in a flooded and area and no transport to get me back there. The security guard of President Grand Hotel tried to stop several taxi drivers along the way but they refused because they wanted much more money.

Finally at 9 pm the reception clerk of President Grand Hotel called President Solitaire to inform them that a guest was stranded at their hotel. Finally at 9.15pm I was picked up by their van!

This hotel is a good hotel but the employees lack common sense. During an emergency situation, they should try to help stranded guests and have an emergency back up. The rain was pouring for 5 hours, so how do they expect their guest to get back to the hotel if it is flooded? Do they really expect us to walk in the floods with the water up to our knees and enter their lobby all wet and dirty?

Outstanding Bangkok Bargain !!!

by TripAdvisor Member gaffgolf

Excellent Bangkok value !!
Selected President Solitaire for 4 night stay while on Asian vacation during April 2006 following reviews of TripAdvisor and other sources. Dealt directly with hotel website to insure pricing offered for special "Sensation" packages, which include airport roundtrip, buffet breakfast each day, spa discounts, free wi-fi or lined internet access and,best of all, exclusion of daily 17% tax and service fee on room rate. Helluva deal !!

Chose the "Solitaire Sensation" package--Large 80 sq. meter suite with separate sitting room with large desk, sink, fridge, etc. Beautiful suite with extensive use of wood throughout and marble in the huge bathroom. Hotel service was excellent-pool small and pool area feels cramped but very refreshing after a day of sightseeing/shopping in Bangkok. Luckily it was not crowded during our stay. Short walk to nearby 7-11 for room snacks/drinks and about a 10 minute walk to the nearby SkyTrain station.

Highly recommended-and spend the extra US$20-25 per nite for the two-room suite-you deserve it !!

Excellent rooms and service

by TripAdvisor Member Noel_from_India

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the President Solitaire. I made my bookings online and I must say that their online rep, Ms Gorn was very helpful and helped ensure that we were able to check in early in the morning although their usual check-in time is 2 pm.
The Solitaire Suites are fabulous - HUGE spotless rooms with a very comfortable four poster kingsize bed and huge 42 inch plasma TVs with DVD player. (By the way, we had no problems with the TV, unlike what one earlier reviewer said) Very nice bathrooms with bathtub and great shower as well as amenities from the Ananda Spa. There is a microwave in the room which was useful for heating food which we bought outside.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. A cheerful bunch unlike some other places where they just seem to be going through the motions.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, not a lavish spread but had eggs made to order, lots of fresh fruit, cereals as well as Asian options.
The only drawback is the location, which is about a 10-15 minutes walk from the nearest BTS station, Nana. You could take taxis of course, but after a few experiences with the horrendous Bangkok peak traffic, I'm sure you'll only want to use the Skytrain! Anyway, the hotel provides a free shuttle service (in their own tuk-tuk!) to the Skytrain and subway station all through the day.
Definitely a hotel I would return to!

Hotel Choice

by j0sh111

Im coming to Bangkok with my gf for 2 nights in early jan on our way home. We are in our late 20s and have never been to Bangkok before.

So far Ive singled it down to 3 hotels all with deals on wotif.com.au Was wondering if anyone might be able to provide some insight on them.

All prices below are in Aussie $
1) Amari Watergate $140/night But you get upgraded to a Deluxe room (All other websites list this Deluxe room at approx $210/night.)
2) President Solitaire $95/night. You also get a free upgrade to a premier room and free round trip airport transfers
3) Sofitel Silom $112/night. A mate of mine has stayed there and told me it is a good hotel and very convenient.

Which one would you stay at?

Thanks