President Solitaire

iammon's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 5, 2009

We had a great stay at this beautiful modern hotel (Compass Hospitality Group). For 70 Euros we had a real suite. Big entrance hall, sleeping room with a huge flat screen TV, remotes to control the whole apartment from bed, living room with stunning views and another TV, full equipped kitchen and a huge bath room with hot tub. We felt like in heaven. Everything was very clean, bright and calm.

Unique Quality: It offers everything you might need: SPA, pool, Restaurants with good food and ok prices and friendly staff.

Directions: Located on Sukumvit Road in walking distance to Nana station. Subway is close by as well. It has everything you might need within walking distance.

Great Hotel Overall

by written on October 30, 2008

I just returned from an eight day stay at the President Solitaire in Bangkok. A little pricey but great five star Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11. I stayed in a Platinum Suite for the duration of my stay. Clean and spacious rooms, extremely friendly and helpful staff and located within short walking distance of Bed and Supper Club, Q Club and Sukhumvit Night Markets. Most staff are fairly fluent in English.

However, the administration at this Hotel are not the most organized . I made my reservations well in advance and booked an airport pick up shuttle. On my arrival to Bangkok the Hotel Shuttle I booked was nowhere to be found so I took a Taxi to the hotel, when I arrived they had no record of my reservations, but to their credit the staff were quick to find me a room.

Overall though, not a bad Hotel and I would recommend it anyone wishing a comfortable stay in a convenient location when visiting Bangkok.

Unique Quality: President Solitaire offers Free Internet in all rooms. Has a complete Pool and Spa. 24 hours room service. All staff fairly fluent in English. Close to shopping and attractions.

Directions: Located in the heart of Bangkok's Business/Entertainment District.

RobertNieto1's Profile Photo

Great hotel in Bangkok

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2006

Great hotel! Awesome! I stayed there in May 2006, as went Thailand for R&R from Iraq. I had the Platium Suite, big roomy, wood floor's 42inch plasma TV with DVD and Stereo. Kitchen, living room. I loved the location it was right next to or should I better say it was like a block away from the Q-Bar which is one of Bangkok's upscale clubs. And right down the street was Bed & Supper which is another upscale club, in the what looks like a airplane hanger, hard to describe. I was cool loud, and crowded, but the club is divided into two parts thta night they were having a concert on one end, and as soon it was over the opened that part up which was cool because they like white bed cushions all the way around on the upper deck. You could lay there and sip your drink and watch everyone dance below.

maclean's Profile Photo

Comfortable Serviced Apartments In Bankok

by written on October 10, 2005

A delightful hotel (Serviced Apartment) situated in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

As I entered the President Solitaire, by the Hotel Shuttle, the door was opened for me and a Security Guard welcomed me to the hotel, unloaded my bags and escorted me to the reception where two delightful ladies checked me in and processed all the necessaries.

I was then shown to my room (yes, I know, I had to get the one with a Jaccuzzi) where the 'bell hop' proceeded to show me the television (42" Plasma) and how it worked, the DVD Player, the Air Conditioning console, the lighting console, the kitchen (Including the Fridge, Microwave, you get the idea), the bathroom and even how to use the Jaccuzzi, Shower and Bath - Extremely Helpfull !!. Just as soon as he had arrived - then he dissappeared.

The ladies on the reception / guest services desk are happy to recommend restaurants, places to see, things to do and will book tables or sort out any communication issues that may have arisen.

The cleaner, god bless her - Thank you Arrisara, was an absolute godsend - she would be in and out the room at your convenience and spring clean the room from top to bottom - folding and storing away your underpants and socks that you threw in the corner - from the night before - Drunk I hear you all say !!! Yes, I reply !!!!

The security guards and the general concierge manager rarely change and are a very welcome sight when you return from your day haggling with taxi drivers, tuk tuk drivers and store holders - always smiling and always asking how your day has been !!!

Nice Little Art Gallery, Basic Gym, Nice Health Spa

Unique Quality: The people are the nicest thing about this hotel, nothing appears to be too much trouble for them even when I roll in the door after a heavy night out - they still welcome you with a smile and a friendly greeting. Not that I roll in drunk all the time !.

But if you need to go shopping and know the address, the girls will write it in Thai for you ! (Just so the Taxi Driver can understand fully). They have even looked up restaurants for me asked if I wanted them to book a table for me.

The Security Gentlemen will get you a metered taxi and inform the taxi driver where you would like to go - no hassles for you.

Free shuttle service, generally to the top of Soi 11, but also to the Bumrungrad Hospital area, and sometimes some of the other Soi areas.

Directions: it is better to access this hotel from Sukhumvit Soi 11 as the road is better.

Pimilan's Profile Photo

A "Landmark" in Sukhumvit

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2005

Ambassador is one the oldest great hotel in Sukhumvit. The tower offer nice view and the room are large. You have separate entrance and private reception, the decor is thai. Of course pool and somme area are old, the main bulding is of the 70's and the tower of 1980. I see in the restaurant a bottle of "Petrus " for 68000 Baht!
The tower win was designed by a well know architect : Dan Wongprasat.

Unique Quality: Good location, nice view, popular

Directions: In soi 11

harjeev's Profile Photo

Ambassador -Decent place tp stay while in BKK

by written on December 7, 2003

Good Hotel for the price.
Stayed there in July 2003 got a good price @ 1400 Bhats from www.planetholiday.com. Now I think that they have increased the prices to 1520 Bhats per night(incl breakfast). The service is good and it took me about 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel and 230 Bhats Taxi Ride (taking the express way).
Would be visiting again in January 2004 and will be staying at the ambassador without doubt.
My advise to the people is not to take the advise of the local travel agents but to go on the internet and search for hotel booking sites(a lot of them are out there and really good price than what you would be when you walk in at the hotel).

Unique Quality: Very nice hotel. Clean Rooms 24 HRS Room Service, Bar, Night Club(Though I never visited the Nite Club) Pool, Health Centre(neither did I use this)

Directions: Very near the NANA BTS station. 5 min walk. Step down from the Nana BTS towards the odd numbered Soi's & take the first turn onto your left. U would come down an approx 300 yards and the Hotel is on your right hand side.

husain's Profile Photo

good value for money

by written on November 8, 2002

My travel agent in Delhi arranged for this neat deal...
it read- `two nights, with breakfast, airport pick up and drop, half day temple sightseeing tour'
All for under $100!
i kept waiting for the catch, but thankfully...:)
The hotel was much better than i was anticipating to be seeing.

Directions: A five minute walk from Nana station on the sky train...

Nearby President Solitaire

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews