4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• KarenDenise's Profile Photo

Good value for money

Pullman Bangkok King Power is the best hotel when it comes to getting value for the money. It is located at a good place. Many famous places are nearby. The facilities like Gym, Pool and even the rooms are very good. The staff of the hotel is very friendly. It is good specially for couples staying in Bangkok for some time. The best part is that it is located in a very peaceful environment. That means there is not a lot of noise and traffic from city. The spa,the bar everything is just tooo good. The sky train is easily accessible from here and this gives this hotel a competitive edge over the others. If you are staying in Bangkok you must try this hotel as it is not only affordable but also very good.

Unique Quality: Location and facilities

• saleemg's Profile Photo

Excellent value for money

Had a pleasant stay thanks to the presence of courteous and helpful staff all around. Have mentioned the pros under unique qualities.

Hotel cons:

* The interior decor is a bit dull with brown and black colours...though not a big deal.

*The canape spread at the Executive Lounge is very limited, unlike what I had experienced at Mercure hotels.

Unique Quality: 1. Well maintained with nicely appointed rooms (Executive room) with a lovely glass facade bath / shower area.

2. Check-in was a pleasant experience with personalised service and a very friendly and professional lady escorting us to the Executive Check-in area, on the 22nd floor.

3. Conveniently located with the Victory Monument BTS station a 5 min walk, though a complimentary hotel tuk tuk plies to and fro every 10 mins.

4. Great breakfast with diverse variety.

5. Adjacent to the King Power duty free shopping mall. The hotel provides 15-20% discount vouchers which is a good deal. In turn, the mall gives you redemption vouchers for use at the hotel depending upon the total purchase made (at VAT desk). This was a pleasant surprise as I got 5000 Bahth worth vouchers, which the wife quickly expended at the hotel spa!

6. Two very good Sea Food restuarant in the vicinity. Kuang Seafood (ref my review) and Sombondee Seafood Market (no review as I did not use the same though had a quick look inside. More upmarket than Kuang, however, not in the same league of Seafood Market and Restaurant which is near the Sukhumvit road (ref my review).

Directions from the hotel:

Kuang seafood - from the hotel's main entrance, walk on the road towards the left (the King Power mall stays on your left). At the road junction, turn right and walk around 400 metres until you come to the main cross-road junction with Caltex gas station on your right. The Kuang seafood is opposite the gas station (on your left).

Sombondee seafood market - from the hotel main entrance, walk towards the right until you come to a T-junction. Turn left and walk around 200-300 metres. The Sombondee seafood is on your left (typical Thai hut style building).

• TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Convenience Location

I was there 3 nights. I was amazed by the peaceful environment when i first arrived. It is very spacious. Room is very comfortable especially the pillow (love it very much). Swimming pool is huge. hotel staffs are very friendly. Food is good. For me, the location is good because i can take the shuttle tuk tuk to the skytrain station just behind the hotel (walking distance). There are lots of restaurants and roadside stalls behinds this hotel. The duty free shopping mall - King Power is just next door.
    I booked online so there is special rate for 3 nights stay and we have 700baths to use in the hotel except spa and mini bar.So i think i got a really good deal

Unique Quality: Pool - very good, Facilities - good...

• Great 5* hotel in Bangkok with tremendous value

I spent 4 nights at the Pullman Bangkok King Power.

It is a very nice place.
    Room was nicely decorated. Service was just great.
    Food in the hotel was delicious.

Also, they are next door to a Duty Free shopping mall.

The hotel is a few minutes walk from the skytrain (they also have a tuk-tuk shuttle).

I can only recommend it.

Cheers,

P.

Unique Quality: Room, service, large swimming pool and location with easy access to the skytrain.
    Food was also great!

Directions: next to Victory Monument Skytrain station

• paulwf's Profile Photo

Great Value

This hotel opened in October 2007 so is essentially brand new at the time of writing this. The service and facilities are first class. They are currently having a opening promotion of US$69 per night which I guess makes it the best value 5 star hotel in Bangkok at the moment.

More about Pullman Bangkok King Power

Majestic Stay In a superb hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RachAndPhil

Well what can I say about this hotel, it was magnificent. My partner and I had booked to stay here for the first few nights of our trip to Thailand.

On arrival we were upgraded to a suite, and we couldnt believe our eyes when we saw the size of the bathroom let alone the other luxuries that were in the room.

The hotel facilities are brilliant, the pool is great, and best of all the staff can not do enough to help you.

If you are umming and ahhing over where to stay in Bangkok stay here, you really will not be dissapointed, it really did make our trip to Bangkok more memorable.

Excelllent in every way

by TripAdvisor Member DazeAustralia

I stayed here with my partner and 5 year old son in January 2008 for 6 nights. The room was fantastic (large, new and very comfortable), the food was excellent, but the best thing was the staff and the great service. They looked after my family so well, especially my son, that I would recommend this hotel to all visitors to Bangkok with no hesitation. It's also in a handy location with free tuk tuk to the skyrail.

Truly a Five Star Experience

by TripAdvisor Member jon_and_candice

My wife and I stayed at the Pullman over the New Year's holiday and
upon arrival we were greeting by the friendly staff and informed that our room wasn't available, so they happily offered to upgrade us to an Executive Suite instead. We graciously accepted :) The room was absolutely incredible! From the modern and sophisticated design, two plasma screen tvs, espresso machine, marble bathroom, and to the sweeping views of the city, it truly was picture perfect. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and the staff were available, friendly and helpful.

The hotel offers a free tuk-tuk service to the nearby BTS station- which works out great for getting around to lots of nearby sights and shopping without dealing with the Bangkok traffic.

Be sure and include breakfast in your booking and save some money up front, their morning buffet is one of the best we have experienced in Thailand!

We highly recommend you checking out the Pullman next time you are in Bangkok for a relaxing getaway in style.

A Great Hotel In Every Way

by TripAdvisor Member supercruiser24

A great place to stay in Bangkok. Great rooms, service, facilities, restaurants and bars. Wouldn't recommend the buffet breakfast though. Very reasonable room rates, although I noticed they fluctuate depending upon current demand. Within walking distance of Victory Monument BTS skytrain station. Has a massive duty-free shopping complex attached for which hotel occupants get a further discount. Very modern and comfortable hotel, accommodating staff. Only one complaint really is the lack of wheelchair access to the magnificent pool area, but the staff were more than willing to assist.

A really refined hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lapidus

We stayed in this hotel one day en route to Europe. We had seen an article on it in a local magazine. It is a very good hotel. Very new, it is an extremely well designed modern hotel. The rooms are excellent with great bathrooms, comfortable beds and quality appointments. The staff were also very good and friendly and helpful. We all wanted to stay longer and wished we had. It is well sited too and we found it easy to get around Bangkok. A great start to our European trip. I highly recommend this hotel

Very good modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member marfy

Stayed 4 nights from 28 march 08 to 1 april. Very nice and modern hotel. Nice pool with a lot of deck chairs to relax and tan. What I like is the nice design of the room. Comfortable and well thought of. Toiletries given were pretty good. Lights can be controlled for various purposes and air con is easily controlled. Bed is big and comfy. Very nice and really clean bathroom.

What I also liked is the streets stalls. There are quite a no. along the side where the BTS is. Had local duck noodles there. No problem with local food here even the fruits. Cheap and good lunch and coffee stalls not forgetting at least 3 7 -11 along the st. B Resto near by the car park turn in is good and serve good drinks too. Recommend the pizza, mussels and mojittos! Also bought sticky mango rice for 40 baht compared to 150 at Siam Paragon foodcourt.

There's alot more to explore if you have time as this is a vibrant area without being too overwhelming like Silom. Like there are a few shopping centres where one is right where the Victory momunment stops. Check out the Victory M. point where there are many bus stops and food stalls and small pubs aound them.

Good location, good hotel. What more???!!!!

one of best hotels we've stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member grahamBerkshire

Brilliant hotel and fantastic value. Rooms large,airconditioned and no expense spared. Really comfortable enormous bed and lots of fluffy pillows. Staff excellent and nothing too much trouble. Breakfast was extra but an amazing spread of everything you could want.
Hotel is slightly out of the actual centre of bangkok where all the hustle and bustle is, but that makes it a quiet and peaceful spot and only a 5 min walk to the sky train which is just a few stops to the centre( hotel provides free tuk tuk to sky train station.)
Can't think of any down side.

A great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member thejackalLondon

I recently stayed at the Pullman with my girlfriend and her 10 year old son and I can say this is an excellent hotel.

The hotel is very new and extremely modern and well designed. It's location is to the east of Bangkok and is extremely accessible to all the tourist hotspots, it should cost you no more than 70 Baht in a cab to the Grand Palace etc.

On arrival we were met by very friendly and helpful staff who helped us to our room and showed us the facilities of the hotel. (I can't rate highly enough the staff who are so helpful about every query you may have)

The rooms are a good size with really comfortable kingsized beds, bathroom with a shower and bath and flat screen TV (always a good touch).

Breakfast offered a large choice of foods from sushi to bacon and eggs, something here for everyone including kids.

The beautiful pool is located on the fourth floor of the hotel and is a great escape from the heat and noise of Bangkok , a really good thing to have especially for kids. For you fitness freaks the gym is small and not very busy - so it's like having your own personal gym.

I can't rate this hotel highly enough, while you can find cheaper hotels in Bangkok this is well worth the extra cash. I'll definitely be coming back!

Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel

by angustrout

Hi,

Me and my wife will be staying at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel 23/24 May is this area safe (beyond the protest area) at the moment?

Thanks

by Adaptor-Plug

Look for the points "Central World" and "Big C" on the map in the bottom right corner.
That's how close you are to the very middle of the protestors base camp.

At the minute most of the shooting, bus burning, lobbing greandes, tear gassing etc, is going on a little to the south of the map, around Lumpini and Rama IV. Not wanting to sound depressing or anything.

The 23rd is still a week away.

Check the situation again.

by bkk_kd

While the Pullman is probably a safe enough distance from the lock-down zone (the red zone), it is only a short walk from Victory Monument, where you can see the daily 6p gathering of the multi-colored shirts (non-violent group, at least so far) for singing of the national anthem.

by Adaptor-Plug

kd... mate, I think there is more to worry about than a 6pm singing of the national anthem at Victory Monument / Din Daeng...

2010-05-15 13:21:22
THE NATION: Repeat: Please avoid Din Daeng. You could be lured by confusing roadblocks into a danger zone where real bullets are being used.

by bkk_kd

Yep, and that's exactly why we've both been advising everyone to keep up with the news. Things here change rapidly, don't they? A few days ago, Indra Regent seemed to be out of the danger zone, now it is in the center. I don't think I've ever professed to know the future, which is why most of my advice is based upon a time reference.

by tistra

Rang Nam street is not safe anymore. Choose another hotel.

Comments