Rembrandt Hotel

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• kensu's Profile Photo

Great Sukhumvit location

We stayed at this +4* hotel for 8 nights and were really impressed with the level of service and the friendliness of the staff and hopefully will be staying there again next year. We were upgraded to a deluxe room at check-in which is always appreciated and the only downside is the fact that the shower is in the bathtub - not so easy or safe as you get older. A walk-in is by far the best for all age groups and levels of fitness. Breakfasts were really good with a very wide selection for all and once again service was on the ball. We would definitely recommend to all ages.

Unique Quality: Location is spot on with local eating right on the doorstep, a laundry/hair salon just up the street, a mini market across the road and an easy walk to the Asok BTS.

Directions: Sukhumvit area only a short walk from Soi Cowboy (if you're interested ).

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Comfy Best Location Rembrandt Hotel

We consider this as best value and best location while staying in Bangkok. Shukumvit area is busy area, with shopping malls, offices, hotels, fitness centers and restaurants. The hotel is located at Sukhumwit Soi 18, around 400 meters from the busy main road and this is better for a good night sleep, as its relatively quiet.

Unique Quality: It takes less than 10 minute walking to the Asok, the nearest BTS and MRT station.
    We stayed four nights at the hotel in the deluxe room. The room is spacey, clean with modern bathroom equipped with the hair dryer. The pool and fitness center are good. And the hotel has good restaurants (Indian and Mexican). We got a good deal package hotel and flight, exclude breakfast.

Very close to the hotel is row of massages parlours and restaurants. Mini market is available nearby. Basically we have everything we need. Love this hotel!

Directions: Near Ashok BTS. Walking Distance

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

My NEW favorite hotel in Bangkok

(YES! I like The Rembrandt better than Le Meridian!)

We just spent 9 days at the Rembrandt and we loved it! 1st of all, the rooms are SUPER nice AND BIG AND EXTREMELY comfortable. The bed is extremelly comfortable, the water pressure is great, the amenites are lovely, the Free internet is SUPER fast, the Free Breakfast is to die for... What else can I tell you? Great service and amazing restaurants plus great location: overall: loved it!

We stayed at the Executive level so we also had free happy hour everyday from 5 to 7:30 pm in the Excecutive Lounge, on the 24th floor overlooking the city (What a view!). They serve so many delicious appetizers that you may even skip dinner all together!

The pool is also very nice, the gym has all the basic cardio plus free weights. We had dinner in 2 of their restaurants (Raj Mahal, Indian Restaurant and Señor Pico, Mexican Restaurant) AMAZING food and sevice in both of them.

LOCATION is great: you are just a few blocks away from Sukhumvit (they have a Tuc Tuc that goes back and forth all the time, so you don’t even need to walk); just a few blocks away from the metro (Asok); just a few blocks away from fabulous SHOPPING (The empire + Century 21 are just 5 and 6 blocks away respectivly). If you like running outside, the hotel is just half a mile away from a great park with a lake (the queens... something something park...), you are just a few blocks away from Soi Cowboy BUT you would NOT know it (totally different ambience in the hotels’ area)

BOTTOM LINE: STAY HERE if you can! It’s AMAZING!!!

Unique Quality: GREAT SERVICE, beautiful rooms, amazing food, extremely comfortable bed and space

• Good hotel in great location

I have stayed in the Rembrandt on several occasions. The staff are excellent and helpful. The superior rooms are OK, but the refurbished deluxe rooms are much better. The buffet breakfast offers a wide range of food, but the restaurant tends to be very busy and noisy. In recent years the breakfasts have become less individualised and more of a bun-fight. The upper floor rooms are quiet and well appointed.

The location of the hotel is good just a few minutes walk to the Sky-train and MRT, which now links to the Airport Railway. The hotel tuk-tuk will take guests to the end of the soi.

The hotel restaurants provide very good, but not inexpensive, food.

I would recommend the Rembrandt Hotel.

Unique Quality: Outstanding staff. Within minutes of arriving the reception staff knew who I was and my room number. My wife & I were travelling around SE Asia and wanted to leave a bag until our return: the staff were happy to look after it. When we returned after 4 weeks, our bag was waiting for us.

Directions: Close to Asoke station. The hotel is signposted from the station.

• Bangkok hotel

I would say this a nice hotel if you want to stay at sukhmvit but in a peaceful lane inside.Its a 26 floor hotel.Filled with tourists from all over the world.

Unique Quality: Rangmahal- the formal indian dinning restaurant on the rooftop with a view of bangkok skyline would be highly recommended by me.

There is a great breakfast with the choisest of things.

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

In Sukhumvit

I have 2 rooms on this nice hotel open in 1993. Nice and large lobby. Room are not very large and bathroom is large even it dosen't have separate shower and bath. The corridor are particulary large with nice decor. The pool offer space and the restaurant, specially the mexican and the indian are of really good quality. I order breakfast in the room and they bring the toaster too for have hot bread! Good location in Sukhumvit

Unique Quality: Large pool aera, good location, good service

Directions: At the entrance of soi 18 sukhumvit

• enofile's Profile Photo

DID NOT MEET MY EXPECTATIONS!

My room was small and dark and did not have much style even though I paid for an upgrade. The service at this hotel was horrible! I sent a silk shirt to the cleaners which was absolutely ruined. The hotel not only refused to pay for the shirt, they charged me for the cleaning, all with that Thai smile on their faces. The bst thing about this hotel was the breakfast buffet!

Unique Quality: THERE IS NOTHING UNIQUE ABOUT THIS HOTEL!

• Mattison's Profile Photo

3 Cable TVs > Less Fighting Mattisons

Since we had friends in Bangkok we were able to get the Rembrant Towers at a corporate rate. They were great, we had a 2 bedroom suite with 3 TVs, 2 full baths and a small kitchen. I had no intention of cooking while I was there but it was nice to have a place to keep cold drinks and make hot tea in the evening. I also had a habit of buying little cups of ice cream from the 24 hr mini-mart at the hotel, price 10 baht (25 cents). We had daily maid service and best of all a full (I mean full, including the guy who makes omelettes) breakfast each morning. The breakfast included everything from fruit, eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc,etc,etc

Unique Quality: Besides the wonderful breakfast, the location was also nice. It was about a 7 minute walk to the Asoke BTS station, where there is also a subway station. You can get anywhere from there. By the way, the Skytrain beats a taxi anytime........

Directions: The entrance to the towers is actually on Soi 20, but the hotel and towers (apartments) are right next to one another.

• Elginah's Profile Photo

Are you Cabin Crew?

Very nice hotel, not too far from Asok BTS station. The room we got was a pretty good size. There was a great view, mini-bar, air-con, TV (with cable / satellite channels), in-room electronic safe, spacious bathroom. Nice lobby/reception area and fast lifts.

Unique Quality: There's a little bathroom light (under the sink) that can be left on at night - great for one's middle of the night nature call.
    Recorded birds twittering / sqawking instead of elevator music.
    Seems to be a lot of Scandinavian cabin crew that stay there.
    There seemed to be more smoking than non-smoking floors.
    And there was no 3rd or 13th floor button in the lifts.
    Great award-winning Indian restaurant on top floor, with magnificent city view.

Directions: Near Asok BTS station

• Gard's Profile Photo

Hotel on Sukhumvit

The hotel has a pretty good location on Sukhumwit Soi 18. This Soi is pretty quiet compared to all the cars that are driving on Sukhumwit. We only used like 5-10 minutes to walk over to the Asok Skytrain station and from there it is easy to get around.

I'm from Norway and when I travel I speak Norwegian to my wife and hardly no one can understand what we are saying :-) Well, this is not the case at the Rembrandt because a lot of Scandinavians seem to use this hotel. I think even SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) use this as a crew hotel. You can even see this at the tailor store outside where they have posters in Danish and Swedish and even posters of the royal families from these countries. I didn't see any pictures of the Norwegian royal family :-)

One thing that we found facinating at the hotel was the elevators. First of all they came very fast when you pressed the button and they moved very fast to the floor that you wanted to go to. And on the loudspeakers they had sounds of birds! So we would often look at each other and go "what is that noise?" And it turned out to just be the on-board entertainment.

Unique Quality: We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel on most mornings. It was included in the price and I could get more or less everything that I wanted (bread, fruit, cerial,egg, warm dishes and so on). And the hotel has a few restaurants. We tried the Thai restaurant and the Indian restaurant. Both were OK I guess but I prefer to eat outside of the hotel.

The rooms (we stayed there twice) were good and we had a lot of different TV channels. We played around for a while to find out how the safety deposit box worked but in the end we found out that we just had to slam it shut :-) We tried to call the front desk a couple of times to get some information about how to operate it but we didn't get much details. Apart from this I don't feel that there is a whole lot to say about a hotel room. The room included a bed, a little table with two chairs, a desk and the possibility to make instant coffee/tea (I never use this so I never really take a closer look at it).

In some of the hallways there were phones (maybe meant for the maids?) and they kept ringing and it was a bit annoying at times.

More about Rembrandt Hotel

Nothing special and rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member TrishBrady

Decent enough hotel, best thing about it was the very handy location close to Skytrain. Our room smelt of damp a bit - but it was very clean. Breakfast was okay... some mornings the breads were day old. They come around with a little bell at 10:15 to let you know breakfasts almost over then they start to pack away food, even though breakfast is meant to be until 10:30. Just a little gripe but very annoying as they are rude about it. I have to say would not stay there again, there are plenty of better hotels in Bangkok, the only good point was the location. The staff were so rude which is unusual for Thailand. Restaurants were over priced and nothing special.

Good Hotel, Great Position

My wife my daughter (15) and myself spent 5 great nights at this hotel. managed to get complimentary breakfast on booking and this starts the day off great. If you want to eat well and at little cost, wander across the road to the little resturant and enjoy the thai hospitality, however NO! air conditioning. Turn right outside the hotel, follow the road to the end, see the Skytrain above you, turn left to ASOK station and you are ready to soke up the sights. This Hotel is only regarded as 3* but is clean,professional,and central for all your needs in Bangkok.

Comments