259 Khaosan Road, Phra Nakorn, Bangkok, 10200, Thailand

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

• lonelywanderer's Profile Photo

Super skyview Inn

Great view from balcony. Rooftop room. Pleasant stay. Comfortable bed. Shower facility is good too.

Just lacking is the reception staffs who are stern towards guests. I guess it is due to their lack of English comprehension to be able to converse comfortably. After sorting out rooming issues, all other matters are not important to them to reply. They have a common answer of "I am not sure. Please go and find out yourself."

Unique Quality: Great view at the top !

• vieviengan's Profile Photo

Rikka Inn (Khaosan Rd )

This new Hotel , I like to stay in this hotel because it is very convenient . It's just along Khaosan Road . It's clean even the room is a bit small . But still Ok for me . The only thing that pissed me off is the system and the receptionist . They do not accpet credit card , and you will have to pay day by day ( for the first time I stayed ) , they do not allowed me to pay full .But I have been staying there for 5 - 6th times , so they allowed me to make full payment , or they have change their system I do not know . You can request to pay full for the days that you want to stay .

The receptionist arent that helpful , and they cant really understand english , when I was at the lobby waiting I have seen many guest complain and complain and still they dont understand .

I do not ask them to clean my room , so if you want to change your towel , you will need to bring it down yourself , of if you want more toilet paper you will need to go down to the reception to take it also .

You can book thru their website . But you can only make payment when you arrive .

Their deposit its 1000baht.

Unique Quality: It's a 5 stories hotel . On the top which is the 6th floor its the swimming pool . And the restroom is on same floor as the swimming pool .

No breakfast provided . No good views , I have been staying there for many times and everytime my hotel room view it's their back lane or some other place which I cant figure out where is it and once I had a view of the neighbour hotel which is Buddy lodge . Its very near wher you can actualy climb to their room . So dont hope to get a good view .

Directions: If you care taking a taxi , make sure ask the taxi driver to drp you at the end of Khaosan Road . Rikka Inn at the ending road of Khaosan , the hotel its somewhere next to the only Mc Donald .

More about Rikka Inn

Rikka Inn (Khaosan Rd )

by vieviengan about Rikka Inn

Their deposit its 1000baht. It's a 5 stories hotel . On the top which is the 6th floor its the swimming pool . And the restroom is on same floor as the swimming pool .

Rikka Inn roomRikka Inn room

BTS Skytrain by nightBTS Skytrain by night

BTS Skytrain Phaya Thai StationBTS Skytrain Phaya Thai Station

Asoke in BangkokAsoke in Bangkok

Bangkok Hotel Suggestions

by petert51

I'm seeking your advice on a hotel to stay in Bangkok in easy reach by boat or walking to the Grand Palace that is clean and around 1500 Thai Baht or another similiar hotel in a better location as I do not know Bangkok at all.
Thanks - Peter

Re: Bangkok Hotel Suggestions

by LINSY

Hi Peter, I'm on the same search as you...have a look at Rikka Inn - we're considering it for ourselves.

Re: Bangkok Hotel Suggestions

by melek02

Hi Peter,

It depends that you plan to visit, there is famous backpakers Koasan Road, a lot of hotels which matches your budget.
I don't like to stay on the Koasan Road as it is close to Grand Palace only but far from all other places.
For your budget I can recommend Bossotel, located near pier 1 (easy access to grand palace and temples), and near Sky train station (easy access to night life, shopping and business areas, night market), and located close to express road (which goes to the airport). It is cheaper to book it in internet, sometimes they give rooms looking to the closed yard, it is better to change such rooms.

bangkok stay

by limkahwan

with a budget around usd 15 per day which is the best reconmented place to stay in Khao San Road and in changmai .

by June.b

Not exactly in Khaosan Road but walking distance to Khaosan Rd in a quieter district and street, I've stayed at Nakorn Pink Hotel which was discovered by a traveling partner I've met in Chiangmai. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes walk to Khaosan Road, we paid less than 500baht (approx. $15 or less during that time) for double bed, no breakfast though, the room is big, and shower too. checkout my review here:

Although of course there are lots of budget places to stay in Khaosan Rd itself, dorm rooms are much cheaper but you have to share spaces with others if that's ok with you.

In Chinagmai, I first stayed at Kong Court Guesthouse and costs only Baht300 (or $10 or less). Very near the night bazaar, the receptionist is very cheerful, place is safe, key card in main door. I also stayed at Manee Guesthouse, recommended too by people I've met aroound Chiangmai, clean rooms and they can organize your tours if you wish so.

Here're the rest of my reviews on the hotels and how to book it.

Have fun!

by explore_discover

Siam Oriental Inn / Star Dome Inn at Khaosan Road & Soi Rambutri, Single Room/Fan/Attached Bath Cold Shower 250 Bhat that is less then USD8.00

Google the name, and look at the photos, Star Dome Inn is newly constructed and better then Siam Oriental Inn (owned by same group)

by paisley25

recommend rikka inn (on khason rd, i stayed there its clean and comfortable) or any of the sawadee hotels in khaosan area. Chiang Mai we stayed in the castle it was beautiful, check out the websites

new siam riverside hotel

hello everybody
we've narrowed our choices down to the RIKKA INN, VIENTAI HOTEL and the NEW SIAM RIVERSIDE hotel as we'd like to be near khao san rd, but have to be mindful as we are travelling with children (a pool is a must). Any pointers? New siam riverside has great reviews and the budget is about right for us, but i can't seem to get a response via the website and they're not listed anywhere else?
anybody stayed at these 3 hotels? our main considerations are family friendly, location and decent rooms - preferably interleading family rooms.

thanks a lot!
LIN

Re: new siam riverside hotel

by swift33706

We just returned from a trip to Thailand and stayed in the New Siam Riverside hotel on two different occasions for a total of 6 days. As you know, it's a few blocks from Khao San on the river. The staff was friendly and helpful. A breakfast buffet is included in the price. They have internet, but you have to buy a LAN cable or have one along. No WiFi.

There's a alley/street that leads to KS and has many restaurants that are quite good and sometimes very entertaining. As you sit at the street side tables there will be a constant stream of vendors ranging from young children to elderly. Be kind to them and you occasionally will be so surprised that you take home lasting memories. We still laugh over the performance of a 6 or 7 year old boy selling flowers. He brought tears of laughter to our eyes for 40 baht and had other diners rushing to capture pictures of his massage on me!

There's a bus stop nearby that will take you to the market, MBK mall, etc. We took a water taxi from behind the hotel to Chinatown.

We were very satisfied with the hotel and it's location. The only glitch was with a tailor on that alley leading to KS, but it was our fault for not inspecting the workmanship before paying.

Re: new siam riverside hotel

by LINSY

this is great information, very helpful, thanks! they've just contacted me to let me know that i have to wait until april next year to book as they'll have new rates (not sure if i want to take that chance as we're a big group of 13 people).

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Take a boat ride up and down...

by chngbw

Take a boat ride up and down the Chao Praya River. Average cost about 7-15B. It's an economical and excellent way to view the way of living for the local population. Feeding the catfish in the Chao Praya river during our free half-day city tour organised by the tour agency. There were big loaves of bread for sale at only 10B each. Oh my goodness! - These fish must really like the bread, clamouring to haf a bite each time a piece is thrown at them!! It is said that a person would be lucky if he sees a white fish since it is a rare sight. Even though there were plenty of fish, there were no fishing activities as the location is near a temple. I'm not sure about the exact location but it is much further up the Wat Arun.

Touching heads - a lot of bunk!

by jerjc99

Journalists and guide books have written a lot of nonsense about the subject of touching the head of a Thai. The truth is that we don't touch the head of anyone anywhere in the world unless we know them quite well. To do so is an act of over-familiarity. It's no different in Thailand. Sure, for the Thais the head is the most sacred part of the body, but that doesn't mean that you can't ever touch the head of a Thai person of equal or lower rank. In particular, it is NOT considered bad behaviour to touch the head of a child or a baby, so long as your hands are clean.

GREETINGS

by LysDor

When you meet Thai people don't be surprised if they 'WAI' to you! It's a traditional greeting manner done by putting two palm together at about the chest and bow the head with it. In addition, they say 'sawaddee krub' if you're a male and 'sawaddee ka' if you're a female. Both words mean 'hello'.

DOs AND DON'Ts

- Be polite and respectful toward older people.

- Sample the local food and try out some of Thailand's exotic fruits. But not the food on the street since the food may be contaminated and will give you a sickness.

- Try and learn a little about local customs and culture.

- Take off your shoes when entering a Thai home.

- When visiting a temple or palace, dress propely

- Don't pat people on the head since Thai people regard the head as the highest, the holiest part in the body.

- Don't point your feet to another people since Thai people regard the feet as the lowest part in the body.

- Be patient with Thai people who do not speak English.

- Don't mock Thai customs and habits even though they may seem strange to you.

- Don't attempt to touch monks, especially if you are a female.

LANGUAGE

Thai is the national language as well as the most spoken language of Thailand. It is wise to learn to speak a few Thai words and phrases, if you want to survive in Bangkok.

Muay Thai

by Phalaenopsis03

A national pastime, Muay Thai (Thai boxing) is an exciting martial art that combines lethal kicks with furious punches. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch a real fight (only a demo), but the two biggest and most famous stadiums in the country are located right in Bangkok: Lumpini and Ratchadamnoen. So try to catch some fights while you're there.

Comments