Royal Asia Paradise

BTS SkytrainBTS Skytrain

Benjakitti ParkBenjakitti Park

Floating market

by STSIM

I booked my flight to BKK in June next year, but before I booked, I don't know that the Chatucha Market is open only in weekend . We have 2 group of people will go, group 1 go and Monday and abck on Friday ; Group 2 go on Tuesday and back on Saturday. The return flight time are both 1.55pm...
Questions :
1. Is there any other similar market open during weekdays so that the group 1 can visit ?
2. Will the group 2 able to go and back in time in order to catch the flight which is 1.55pm ?
3. Is there any hotel that can be recommended and is strategic location to airport and the tourist attraction ?
4. I would like to look for a food lunch box in bangkok with the brand of Jaguar, anyone know which shop got ?

Re: Floating market

by SirHalberd

You can check out MBK. MBK is right on a Skytrain stop and easy to get to. You can waste a whole day or two just in that place. Lots of places to eat at at MBK too and most of it is air conditioned.

On Phetchaburi Road, not far from the Baiyoke Tower Hotel and sort of across from Platinum Mall is a mini garment district. In this area you will find some of the wholesalers that street vendors get their stuff from. Krung Thong Plaza is right in this area, use their map.

Nearest Skytrain stop to this Phetchaburi Road area is Ratchathewi; right at the Asia Hotel. Walk down to Phetchaburi Road from there.

Panthip Plaza computer mall is also in this Phetchaburi Road area.

With a flight leaving at 1:55 you have to be there 2 hours before plus you have to allow for the ride to the airport. I would skip any any early morning visit to Chatuchak.

Get a hotel in the city so you can use the Skytrain to get around the city. There are buses to go into the city, meter taxis, plus the Airport Rail Link is only 15 baht until the end of the year. This rail link gets you right to the Pratunam area where you can get a meter taxi (only pay the meter fare) to your hotel.

For hotel recommendation mention a price range for the room per night. The airport is out in the boonies, sort of, money wise it would be better to be in the city and walk or use the Skytrain to get around. Meter taxi rides are cheap if you insist on using the meter only! When you bargain the fare you pay more. Meter taxis, using the meter, are usually cheaper than tuk-tuks. The price you pay in a meter taxi is for the ride not per passenger.

Good luck.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Having your own private guide take you around

by balisunshine

While lounging around in the Oriental’s lobby,
I met a Thai woman by the name of Chintana
waiting for her client.

She had an official badge,
which coming from the industry myself,
is an item that I appreciate.

In our conversation
she told me she has been a tour guide for the past 16 years
and is currently working for Wanna Tours.

Her husband is also a tour guide
and they are both shortly
trying to start their own business.

I haven’t used her services
but her English was well spoken
and within the 20 minutes that we spoke
I got the impression of her being
quite polite and very knowledgeable.

So if you are interested
in having your own private guide,
you can call her directly
or contact the agency.

Professional Tour Guide
01-882-3608

Dressing for the Grand Palace

by thedouglas

When my daughter and I were in Bangkok last year, it was really hot, and we tried to work out the most efficient way to dress appropriately to visit the Grand Palace, and be comfortable for the rest of the day. We had been given sarongs as gifts, and decied that they would be perfect! Put them over your shorts - and off you go. Well, firstly, the thong footwear attire of my daughter did not pass scrutiny (our oversight), and she had to wear some "borrowed" little items from the complex - which were at least 3 sizes too small for her petite little size 8 Aussie tootsie - and we felt like Geisha girls must, taking little steps all arund the palace, and were so hot underneath. So, anyone considering this - forget it! Seems the best attire is to go the whole hog and wear trousers, or zipper leg shorts>trousers, or skirts - which I don't enjoy for the rest of the sweaty chafing day! And - I did consider taking separate trousers, but how would I carry the inevitible day's purchases if my backpack was all crowded with pants!

How to Pick Up Thai Girls!

by machomikemd

how to pick up the girls in Thai:
Hello, what's ur name? Sawaddee krap, Chue arai krap?
You are so pretty. Khun suay mak mak.
Do you have a boyfriend? Mee fan ru young krap.
Do you like foreigner? Chop farang mai?
I love Thai girls Pom rak puying Thai
I'm just on holiday Pom ma tiew
I love you too Pom rak khun
Yes I think your special too Khun phen kon pisaed
I'm the most hansom man in ......... Pom lo tie sut nai ......
Lets go and have fun Pai sanook kan
I like your boobs, they're nice.. Pom chop nom khun, suay mak mak...
Let's go to my place. Pai baan pom na krap.

Haggle haggle haggle. My b/f...

by tizerprawn

Haggle haggle haggle. My b/f got the bargain of a lifetime when he was offered a pair of cotton trousers for 100 TB (which is about under £1) but he was too busying laughing out loud at the first offer of 600 TB to notice. Shame on him ;0) Don't forget though that these people do this for a living so don't think you can out blag a blagger.

A good map to help you get around

by aemilys

I didn't bother with a guidebook but just used the Nancy Chandler map. You could probably buy one in Bangkok but rather than spend time hunting it down buy it beforehand and start using it right away. The walk through Chinatown is especially interesting and as for the rest Don't Worry because Bangkok is a marvellous big city with fabulous supermarkets and no matter what you've forgotten you'll find it here.

Comments