Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel

2 Charoen Krung Road Soi 30 (Captain Bush Lane), Siphya, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Agoda.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 145% more than other 3 star hotels

• Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was great, the rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The location was convenient to the water shuttle.The location right on the river makes it easy to understand and get around Bangkok, plus you have great relaxing view of the river. The concerige desk is extremely helpful. Rooms and service are very nice. The hotel was very nice with prices to match.Great room, great view, great service, family friendly. Has a 7-Eleven nearby, but no western restaurants. Extremely gracious staff. Terrific international buffet breakfast.Good, fast, room service at an ok price. 2 hours of free Internet access per day in the lobby or business center.Definitely recommend it.

• solmazsol's Profile Photo

a great view of the river

we stayed 4 nights from 20-24 march,a very clean and cosy room with incredible view of the river,nice and smiley staff and good service.

Unique Quality: two outdoor pools with the view of the river, nice sportroom and it was a wooden ship belong to hotel you could reserve to enjoy the river.flat screen tv and mini bar in the room. but the location spite of the simple access to shopping center was a little mess.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Great Price for a Great Hotel

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel when we arrive in Bangkok. I think of the hundreds of hotels to choose from, this hotel seem to be the most appealing when it comes to price, location, comfort, ammenities, reviews etc.

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a king size bed and a river view. It was very comfortable. The air conditioner was relatively quiet and worked well. Bed was comfortable and the hair dryer provided in the room worked well (an important feature for me).

Unique Quality: "The Royal Orchid Sheraton I", complimentary river service to the Skytrain (BTS) station, a 7 minute ride from the hotel. And, the boat taxi dock is right next to the hotel.

Complimentary wireless high speed internet accessible in lobby, conference floors and business center.

• bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

river front and wireless area hotels

There are two locations that I would recommend. First would be the riverside area, as mentioned previously, to include the Royal Orchid and the Oriental. Don't even try to get into the Oriental wearing shorts and sandals! and if you stay there it'll be frowned upon a bit. Having said that it is always rated as one of the best hotels in Bangkok and has for years. The Orchid is a couple blocks away. This area is very pleasant to walk and tour the Government buildings, Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha, china town, etc... Not to mention the laid back river walks, great restuarants and shops. The river is pretty relaxing.
    The other location I would recommend is the Ploenchit/Chitlom/Siam and Wireless rd area. The embassy area. Grand Hyatt, great hotel, The Conrad, Four Seasons, Holiday Inn, and others located all in this area. This area has lots of malls, Central Dept Store, World Trade Center mall, and the Siam area hostiing 3 big malls, and the Petchaburi area within walking distance which is the clothing district. Great restuarants in this area as well, although I would say not as good as the river front area, but thats a matter of taste, right?! This is definitly a busier area but you are more centrally located and close to sky train access.
    Hope this helped, have fun, good luck!

Directions: Riverfront areas and the Ploenchit, Wireless Chit Lom areas

• zumodemango's Profile Photo

Fantastic views

It's well placed in from of the river Chao Praya. The room is big enought, breakfasts are wonderful as well as when you arrive from a long day and you want to rest in the swimmingpool with a nice coctel.

• Great Spa

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip. Rooms and view over the river were nice, as you would expect.

The main plus was the Spa. I had picked up sunburn in Penang, our previous stop. The ambiance as oon as you come out of the lift is relaxing and soothing. The ladies were so very helpful and showed us around before discussing treatments. One look at my red and white stripes and they voted for the aloe vera wrap. Returning later for our appointment we were shown into a couples room and the soothing began in earnest.

I won`t spoil the outcome but needless to say it is an experience we would both very much recommend. My sunburn did not affect me for the remainder of our trip (about a week).

Unique Quality: In addition to the spa there are the restaurants in the hotel. All are great and offer quality food and service. My wife has diabetic concerns and these were addressed without any hesitation and in a friendly and helpful manner.

If taking the river ferry from the hotel, ignore the busy terminal seen from the hotel front but come out the main entrance and walk down the road to the right. There is a lane to the right which takes you to the landing stage (you go under the footbridge to the larger hotel swimming pool).

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Another 5 Star riverside hotel in Bangkok

Stayed a night at this beautiful hotel overlooking the Menam Chao Phraya Building.

Was given a complementary voucher of a free stay with complimentary breakfast.

Excellent service and great view.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Sheraton doesn't disappoint!

I can not recommend highly enough this hotel. It may have been the free upgrade to a suite, or the services rendered from the moment we walked in, but either way, I would definitely recommend the Royal Orchid Sheraton!

I travel quite a bit and use Starwood Preferred Guest, so we decided to book a free night with the Royal Orchid while in Bangkok. Great choice! The front desk attendant came to us immediately on arrival and offered a cool drink, sat us down while she checked us in. From there, we had an escort up to our suite, where they introduced us to our room. It had two full bathrooms, a living quarters, a bedroom, and a wonderful bath! In addition, there was a fruit platter waiting for us, with a hand written note from the manager!

There was also a wonderful view of the river, and easy accessibility to the city. I would give it a hearty two thumbs up!

• WanderingFinn's Profile Photo

Real Thai smiles and super service

The hotel, its guest rooms, breakfast room, restaurants, even lobby and lobby bar where just as one can expect from a five star hotel: getting down on their knees making the Thai greeting they bring your order even if you only order a beer. The smiles are wider than elsewhere, the feeling is very silent, nice, cosy and in harmony.

I cannot guess the price of the rooms as we bought a package trip (Bangkok - Cha Am; including return flights, accommodation in both destinations and breakfasts).

I have to admit that I enjoyed this luxury and pampering even though I accept practically anything as I am a wanderer and an adventurer by nature.

Unique Quality: Please see above.

Additionally; the great buffet breakfast with huge variety of things to eat.

Location.

Perfect for those searching for perfect service and luxury environment.

Suitable for honeymooners or those spending their wedding anniversary.

• ademac's Profile Photo

Extremely pleasant riverside hotel.

This hotel was super. I cannot say a bad thing about it. The room, the service and especially the staff ensured I had a most pleasurable stay in Bangkok. I travelled on my own and unfortunately I became ill while I was there. The manager and his staff could not do enough for me from getting me to hospital to securing my room and belongings while I was not there. I was even visited by the staff at my bedside in hospital with a basket of flowers. That is what I call a hotel! Where would you get that hospitality in the UK?

Unique Quality: The view over the River was the reason I chose this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. I paid a little extra and got a room on the executive floor (26th), where the views are excellent, and access to the executive lounge for breakfast buffet and evening drinks and snacks. You can sit on the terrace below in the evening at one of the excellent Italian or Thai restaurants and watch the pleasure boats go by. Saw some great firework displays while I was sat there too. The pool surroundings are very nice and relaxing and although I didn't use the gym, it looked of a well equipped modern gym. The lobby bar has a really relaxing atmosphere to it, playing either traditional thai instruments, or when I was there, an excellent live group playing a mixture of classy to smooth jazz music.

Directions: The Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers rises 28 floors above the eastern bank of the Chao Phraya River.

• Nurul_Nabilah's Profile Photo

A Unique Experience

A room with a view, fantastic b'fast (warm chocolate croissants, fresh donuts, great variety between continental and western food, great ambience), friendly staff who would go all the way to make your stay a memorable one..... Need I say more :) I am definitely coming back.

Unique Quality: Many would consider the hotel being far from the train station as a hassle. But there are always taxis and tuks-tuks you can take from Saphan Taksin BTS if you come back later than 9pm.

Directions: Not many shopping areas but it was definitely a unique experience.

• kenari's Profile Photo

Beautiful View Chao Paraya River

The Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers offers superior facilities and quality service to business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoying an enviable location on the magnificent Chao Phraya River, easy access of the best that Bangkok has to offer.

Named to Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List 2005 for the fifth consecutive year and also on Travel & Leisure's list of "Best Hotels in Thailand," it's easy to see why we are considered one of Bangkok's premier hotels.

Discover the treasures of this magical city at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel

This is absolute luxury right on the river! Breakfast buffet wonderful - if you can afford it why not?

Unique Quality: Close to the Chao Prayo? river.Next to it a conference centre which often displays art work. Also next to dinner barge tours.

Directions: Next to river

• MaximusTravel's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Thailand

This was simply breath taking.. Great hotel. We arrange for a suite and breakfast delivered to us in our room daily. Now that's the way to live.

Stay away from the Antique Jewelry Store - Its a rip off they are NOT antiques.

• Royal Orchid Sheraton

Good 4 star hotel on the bank of the Chao Phraya river.

Unique Quality: 2 pools, views of the Chao Phraya from all rooms.

More about Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel

Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok

by mjx

Hi there! We are planning a trip to Bangkok for the Christmas Holidays and our travel agent booked us in the Royal Orchid Sheraton. We've been reading some mixed reviews about the place (location, rooms, etc...). Is it a good place to stay or should we look for another place? Thanks y'all.

Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok

by ballast

I have not stayed there but have stayed at the Four Seasons. It is very nice. I know someone who stays there when they go there for business. I dont know how much you are plannig to spend, but it is worht it. It has i think four or five different kind of places to eat there. When i was there about 3 months ago the Royal family was eating the for a benifit. Check it out.

Den

Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok

by Amp_Amp

HI there,
Used to Stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton. It's very nice 4-5 star hotel( and i hope the refurbishing has been finished, u should check on that coz it might be noisy) U will get the River View and it's quite beautiful at night.. On the other side of the river ( u can go there taking a boat from in front of the hotel, it cost u a few baht) there is a flea market and outdoor eating place ( if u don't mind the local food) There is also a dinner cruise organised by the hotel. I think it's less than 1000 baht ( 40 baht - a dollar) just few step from the hotel is Royal RIver Arcade where u can shop for antiques, handicrafts and there are some convenient stores there as well
In terms of the location, u might have to take taxi to go to places as it's not connected to BTS. There are some air con buses ( such as No 36, if i am not wrong) from in front of the hotel that u can go to Siam Square Sky train/Under ground interchange
If u need any more info, feel free to contact me at chotikorn@yahoo.com

hope this helps,
Amp

Re: Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok

by mjx

Thanks Amp Amp! The info is a real help. I'll make sure to check if the hotel is done with it's construction. A traveler's review from September '04 (www.hotelcheckpoint.com) said they were still building. The guest complained about the construction noise and got moved to a higher floor. Let's see what happens. Thanks again!

Over and out,

mjx

Re: Re: Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok

by ballast

Do you live there and where is the royal orchid from the four seasons?

Comments