Siam Place Airport Hotel

Etihad AirwaysEtihad Airways

Bus-CarBus-Car

BTS Skytrain Siam StationBTS Skytrain Siam Station

by gman36

I will be traveling to Thailand next week and would like to head towards Hua Hin from Airport. After doing some research I found out that I need to go to Southern Bus Terminal on Phutthamonthon Soi 1 in Taling Chan. I just want to tell the Taxi driver from the Airport the correct pronunciation and address in Thai so that I am not given a round about near the new southern bus terminal that will cost me more then necessary.
I appreciate all help

Re: correct direction from Bangkok Airport to the new Souhern Bus Terminal in Bangkok

by sombat_ch

Hi. For your information
see http://www.transport.co.th/images/map06pic.jpg picture of southern Bus terminal
On the other way you could take airport bus to Huaylumporg for train to Hua Hin its might convenient cause the station is clse to hotel and easy for transport over there
see http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp
Sombat Ch.

by explore_discover

You can take the Bus from Airport Transportation Center directly to Southern Bus Terminal. Bus # 556 (White and Blue Color)

There is Free Shuttle Bus from Arrival to the Transport Center.

If you take Budget Taxi from Airport, ask for "SAI TAI MAI" at booking counter and they will write it on paper for you and also tell the driver.

by mim95

I've tried Bus 556 before, part of it goes on the highway, and it's 32 Baht, if I remember correctly. The Southern Bus Terminal is the last stop.

If you take a taxi, it will cost you about 400 Baht + 50 Baht airport fee + highway tolls. No worry about getting to the wrong place, as there is always somebody bilingual at the taxi booth to explain to the driver.

Travel Tips for Bangkok

Eat the ice-cold bird nest...

by Babybeary

Eat the ice-cold bird nest served in a coconut. It is simply delicious. In a warm place like Bangkok, the bird nest is like a breeze in summer. For ladies, it is especially good for your complexion. The bird nest is very affordable and is a must try when you go to Bangkok.

If you stay at Phuket it is...

by Gard

If you stay at Phuket it is nice to go on a day trip to the Phi Phi islands. I think the trip was worth the 550 baht per person that we paid. We got picked up from the hotel at about 7 am in the morning. We were taken to the pier near Phuket town. The boat was really crowded with people going out to the islands. We came to the island (Phi Phi ley) at about 10. There we had “free time” till about 11.30 when we were given lunch on a local restaurant. Then we had free time again until about 1 pm when we were taken by a smaller boat to a snorkeling place near by. The snorkeling was OK (I’m not used to much), snorkeling gear was included on this trip. I don’t know if I would have enjoyed staying on Phi Phi. There seemed to be a lack of things to do (at least for me) and the main beach and the area seemed to be quite ugly. I’m sure that there are very nice and quite deserted beaches around on the island. We returned to Phuket at about 2.30 and we were taken back to the hotel.

Go native

by deeper_blue

Many people in the capital speak some English, sometimes too enthusiastically as they speak so fast. However you should try to learn the basic words, but no-one expects you to learn much more than Kap-kun-kap (for men) or kap-kun-ka (for women) -Thank you, and also Sa-wa-di-kap / sa-we-di-ka Hello. Also it is very polite to put your hands together in the form of a prayer and bow slightly when greeting someone.

Wai

by Unknownsu

The traditional Thai greeting is not a handshake but a wai, where the hands are brought together in front of the chin. The younger or lower-ranking person wais first, but don't let this stand in your way if you feel someone merits a wai. Shaking hands is also becoming a commom feature in everyday Thai life. If in doubt, let the local initiate the greeting.

FOR A HOT WEATHER

by Adeline_Foo

Light, loose cotton clothing is best. Nylon should be avoided. Sweaters are needed during the cool season evenings or if visiting mountainous areas or national parks. Jackets and ties are required in a few restaurants and nightclubs. Neat clothes are required for entering temples or palaces

Comments